Easter! [Winners Announced]

Options
124»

Comments

• Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Nevertheless, I'm not saying drawing isn't tough. In fact I love to draw but that's to individual's preference of course. Just that since 4/5 of the winners are drawings, it should be a drawing contest instead (in the future of course).
    Well, taking ss is easiest you can do here and that you are not the only one who would do this is kinda obvious. Rules don't forbid drawing, so it's also obvious you are free to use more than simple tools available to everyone, and be more creative to stand out if you want better chance.
    Still I love joining in events like this so keep the contests coming! b:laugh
    I second this b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • butterglobe
    butterglobe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Well, taking ss is easiest you can do here and that you are not the only one who would do this is kinda obvious. Rules don't forbid drawing, so it's also obvious you are free to use more than simple tools available to everyone, and be more creative to stand out if you want better chance.

Except when it looks like SS but its actually not simply an SS and there's more construction behind it. Or maybe I'm just not that creative.

You're one of the winners, I like both the first and yours. Actually in my opinion you should be second instead of fifth though...

Anyways, gratz on the win. b:pleased
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    an Egg Within An Egg On Number 4,

Eggception!

bwaaaaaam
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    butterglobe, thanks b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    butterglobe, thanks b:thanks

Too sad you got 5th place, deserved a top 1... not saying that because you're a guildie though xD For real, good job Manguito :D
  • Krikzu - Morai
    Krikzu - Morai Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Although I agree that 1st, 4th, and 5th winners are genuine and deserved their place, but 2nd, and 3rd were clearly to me taken from other places.

2nd winner was an image taken from
    http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/4245/1/1/how-to-draw-easter-bunny.htm

how do you explain that?

I'm actually curious about the explanation...b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I was wondering what was the point of having a template when most where not using the template or the Easter egg? i was thinking from the example given that the work had to be done inside the Easter egg and nothing outside of it but most of the ones chosen where outside of the egg, maybe the rules should have been written more clearly >.< b:surrender

Pretty much. The first one is AMAZING, it's my favorite one, but I must admit that it doesn't follow the template at all.

The rule was:

The event is simple, go here and print out/download/copy+paste this Easter egg template: http://tinyurl.com/k4vuvc2

If people can ''break'' the template and do w/e they want and still win then next time they should not put a template or eliminate every entry that doesn't follow the template. The first winner obviously didn't use the template and as much as it's my favorite one I don't feel like it follow the rules.

And next time they should also ask it to be from the theme, at least one have absolutely nothing to do with Easter, while it's a Easter contest.

Anyway GZ to all the winners. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • KikiSmiithy - Archosaur
    KikiSmiithy - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I found the 2 and the 3 so unfair.

The second was copied

the third, well, that has to do with Easter?

I did not expect these injustices of pwi
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Nothing will beat the atrocious winter screen, these are actually kind of nice...but venos only?
    RACISM b:angry
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I updated the winners list on the front page. The 2nd one will be DQ'd since it used an image from another artist and wasn't their own.

If you're curious as to who I replaced it with, here is their work: http://imgur.com/mQnjt75
  • Alayasha - Heavens Tear
    Alayasha - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    This reminds me why i never go on forms and probably why i wont come back for awhile, sparkiesoft you lost serious points in my book for what you have done here, it makes it more sad because i excepted more from an admin who i have heard many things about where i play and good things too. But why make rules and not even following them, having a template and not even really using it for judging, this a a very poorly done. Also with all the things recommended on this post that was your solution? really?
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Geeze there's always gotta be people who want to tear down every attempt at something nice and fun. >.>;;

I personally really like that winning entry, they thought out of the box and got really creative with the template, which I think is awesome. Lighten up people my goodness...

Gratz to the winners :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alayasha - Heavens Tear
    Alayasha - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i think all the entrees where beautiful and amazing and happy for the winners and love seeing everyone's artwork and the first place one is breath taking to me and many were very cute and fun i went through them personally many times because some were that good in my eyes and wish i could draw better lol
  • Guyin - Heavens Tear
    Guyin - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I believe the art depicted with the listed winners is excellent - the problem I continue to have is that the art is outside the template and in one case there is no easter theme . . . period. rules are made for everyone, it's sad the winners didn't follow the rules - my solution is simple, award five people who did follow the rules, dont take anything away from the people who got something already, the error here is not just theirs. A template was provided, an Easter theme was required - follow the template and make your art easter themed - even if all it says is Happy Easter - sometimes rules hurt, at least they're in place for ALL to follow. Be fair to all, especially those who followed the rules!!!
  • VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I was surprised to find 50 Event Gold and a Snowball Egg, I almost feel like the squeaky wheel getting the grease now. D: Thank you, Sparkie b:cute
  • x3lovelylady3x
    x3lovelylady3x Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It was fun while it lasted