book drop in fsp

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Please tell me this is a glitch. How the hell are newer players going to get their basic sage/demon skill upgrades from an instance that's only reachable after rebirth? That does not make sense, that instance requires you to have reached level 100... twice!

Cash shop *cough* a.k.a. bidding hall b:spit
  • Scrog - Sanctuary
    Scrog - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe it was set up to make it more available on the market. QQ more like the way you QQ it makes me giggle
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Please tell me this is a glitch. How the hell are newer players going to get their basic sage/demon skill upgrades from an instance that's only reachable after rebirth? That does not make sense, that instance requires you to have reached level 100... twice!

That's funny cuz before new horizons update noone have been farming aba and sot for books
    books. Only recently they became spammed by sins due to the sin and psychic books that were available only there. Other classes could get all of their skills with pof, obp or token pages. I believe they removed the drops to nerf sins controlling the market which in all fairness to other classes is really fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's funny cuz before new horizons update noone have been farming aba and sot for books
    books. Only recently they became spammed by sins due to the sin and psychic books that were available only there. Other classes could get all of their skills with pof, obp or token pages. I believe they removed the drops to nerf sins controlling the market which in all fairness to other classes is really fair.

You don't need to play a sin to farm Aba/Sot though
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You don't need to play a sin to farm Aba/Sot though

This. I'm doing it with my Seeker, but could probably do it with any class given that I gear some of them a bit.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014

1. its not hard to do solo abba
    2. if they hadn't changed abba/sot there wouldn't be an issue, since more people ran that than fsp
    I <3 A lot of people
    edited April 2014

People now have ridiculously OP stats, hp, dmg, def from various sources, nuema, meridian, avatar cards, passive skills that boost dmg and def, every1 can solo good old peachy.
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    I never said that only sins run it but mainly only cuz it takes us less time to do so. My point though was that before new horizons noone farmed it anymore, therefore I don't see how removing the books from those instances could affect non reborn players since everyone either bought or crafted their skills until now anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
    edited April 2014
    I never said that only sins run it but mainly only cuz it takes us less time to do so. My point though was that before new horizons noone farmed it anymore, therefore I don't see how removing the books from those instances could affect non reborn players since everyone either bought or crafted their skills until now anyway.

There have always been quite a few people that farmed Seat/Aba long before it was altered, including myself, well I guess only Seat since it takes less time to do, but still, now people are crazy over it because they think they might get a book worth 100m +, and they the majority don`t even know the odds and amount of books that may drop, getting 1 of those rare skill books is pretty much like getting a SOT from packs.
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    There have always been quite a few people that farmed Seat/Aba long before it was altered, including myself, well I guess only Seat since it takes less time to do, but still, now people are crazy over it because they think they might get a book worth 100m +, and they the majority don`t even know the odds and amount of books that may drop, getting 1 of those rare skill books is pretty much like getting a SOT from packs.

Exactly,that's my point that's why I don't understand all the QQ about moving the book drops to FSP, since if this happened before primal skills were implemented noone would give a damn...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Medaka - Morai
    edited April 2014
    I will answer my own question from earlier, incase anyone else wished to know. I just soloed a normal mode FSP and got a demon Purge book from blossom.
    edited April 2014
    I will answer my own question from earlier, incase anyone else wished to know. I just soloed a normal mode FSP and got a demon Purge book from blossom.

Epic, ty 4 info!
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for the info indeed! While unfortunate that the books may have been moved from aba and SoT, it's not like that many people killed those bosses outside of culti, and in Hellfire's case, weekly quest. There were those who farmed yes, but I'm sure those who could solo those instances should have no problem with solo/duoing FSP normal mode.

I think since books can drop from normal mode it might actually be better, more of a chance to get something with several bosses instead of just one boss that is a pain in the butt to get to, like Peach, or kill, like Hellfire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Indeed, normal mode is far, far more forgiving on mistakes than Deicide mode. I'm guessing the same bosses that drop in Deicide drop in normal; which would be frog, blossom and mushi as far as I heard. Though for people with low damage output (like me >_>) normal mode takes quite a while to do. I'd suggest if you have any means of purging you should bring them with you, aswell as an interrupt because blossom's heal can be quite annoying.
    edited April 2014
    Indeed, normal mode is far, far more forgiving on mistakes than Deicide mode. I'm guessing the same bosses that drop in Deicide drop in normal; which would be frog, blossom and mushi as far as I heard. Though for people with low damage output (like me >_>) normal mode takes quite a while to do. I'd suggest if you have any means of purging you should bring them with you, aswell as an interrupt because blossom's heal can be quite annoying.

You can get Bramble Rage to interrupt its healing, just hope the CD will be over till the next healing time, not sure which other genie skills have interrupting capabilities, I`ll try to run it maybe 2morrow, will see, curious how fast it will go, but I guess I can only do till Succubus, since I won`t be able to kill phy immune mob, or it will take ages, in other words, not worth it. b:surrender
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited April 2014
    You can get Bramble Rage to interrupt its healing, just hope the CD will be over till the next healing time, not sure which other genie skills have interrupting capabilities, I`ll try to run it maybe 2morrow, will see, curious how fast it will go, but I guess I can only do till Succubus, since I won`t be able to kill phy immune mob, or it will take ages, in other words, not worth it. b:surrender

Actually, bramble rage is quite extreme for something as easy as that. I simply used earthquake, because my genie allowed me to get it without changing the point setup. Lightning chaser also works (note for Seekers: genie interrupts, even with 100% chance can still fail if you have a stance up). I didn't count the seconds, but the way blossom works is Stand Together / Dispersedly every 30 seconds, and a few seconds after casting that, it will random between Reel in / Sleep / Self heal. Either way, there is a 30 second window between those (that if you count she heals each time, which of course won't happen).
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Fun fact for mystics: Bramble tornado interrupts succubus' healing
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Fun fact for mystics: Bramble tornado interrupts succubus' healing

O_O! Thanks for that tip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • nagibatel
    nagibatel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    just trying make fsp normal mode in 3 ppl and it's take an age, boss have same hp,same mobs only thing mb boss make little less dmg so it's hard call this place for farm skill....sot solo, duo take around 5-7 minuts so...like always they screwed up all. I wanna my 89 skill and i wount pay for that bilions, why other class can get their skill and new one like tidebork and earthguard have pain in ***...
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Well consider you're also doing more book-dropping bosses in that time. Though I have to admit it takes a while. I guess some people are missing all that apsing other instances in a few minutes huh?

S'far as books go, it's only tideborns (and a bm book afaik) that have those awful drop rate exclusive books. All earthguard books can be gotten with pages pretty easily.
  • nagibatel
    edited April 2014
    well that time which take fsp we can make like 5 sot so there more boss and drop rate same...just put this book in 89 instance or make it for token, but wait if they make this they lose alot gold so this wount heppen(((
  • filipenogueras
    filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I keep asking myself why only tideborns have all this trouble for 3 simple books
    I mean, why not do the same for every class ?
    Or every race can have the skills via Page/FB89 or none... It is supposed to be this way, come on ...
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I keep asking myself why only tideborns have all this trouble for 3 simple books
    I mean, why not do the same for every class ?

Because they're OP.

Now being serious, they are OP. OP things make people go crazy in P2W games like this one. For PWE it is bussiness, when you can't afford something you farm or cash shop, but most efficient farmer just throw some cash to make it easier.
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    any one knos for sure if sot/aba drops books or not any official confirmation yet?
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited April 2014
    any one knos for sure if sot/aba drops books or not any official confirmation yet?

No official confirmation as far as I know. So if we're putting it that way, we can't be 100% sure they don't. Although with thousands of runs done across all servers since the update and no book drops I highly doubt they still do.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014

A dedicated thread has been created regarding that, just click on the link and bump the correct one.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • nagibatel
    edited April 2014
    any one droped books in fsp after this maintence?)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nagibatel wrote: »
    any one droped books in fsp after this maintence?)

yes had 1 today off toad
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Just had a drop off normal mode mushi. I guess that confirms the bosses that drop in deicide also drop in normal. I've tried doing more SoT/Aba runs and as it seems book drops really are gone from there :c.
  • nagibatel
    edited April 2014
    so alrdy two week passed and we still don't have any proper information about skill book drop, come one GM's take ur atention to this and give some info.