Sarokkan, The Dragon-Touched suggestion

Options
XXHotXx - Morai
XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Suggestion Box
I humbly ask the devs if they could make the new world boss Sarokkan, The Dragon-Touched ,

like the Caravan mobs, that can be hitted only by white named players...

That would revive a lot the free pk that is DEAD on certain pve servers b:surrender
mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
Post edited by XXHotXx - Morai on

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Think we should wait and see what we get first yes?

I do like this idea in its format tho and would make WB a lot harder i should add this LOL!

Thanks,
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Think we should wait and see what we get first yes?

I do like this idea in its format tho and would make WB a lot harder i should add this LOL!

Thanks,

fyi this boss\event was already here since the first day of New Horizons and on my server is already spammed by few blue (unfortunately) named teams

i want the pk b:cry
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Want PvP go to PvP server.

Oh there are no Euro PvP servers I guess.

Anyways, PvE servers tend to be all about PvE, I woudn't expect it to change.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I humbly ask the devs if they could make the new world boss Sarokkan, The Dragon-Touched ,

That would revive a lot the free pk that is DEAD on certain pve servers b:surrender

Then move your behind to a PvP server if you're that hungry for PK, Hot. PVE servers are not intended as PK environments, trying to make them into one is counterproductive. I know you get bored easily having just about everything there is to have on Morai. That does not mean you get to vent your boredom on other players who are still working on getting their characters to the point that they can compete in PvP.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Then move your behind to a PvP server if you're that hungry for PK, Hot. PVE servers are not intended as PK environments, trying to make them into one is counterproductive. I know you get bored easily having just about everything there is to have on Morai. That does not mean you get to vent your boredom on other players who are still working on getting their characters to the point that they can compete in PvP.

well first i didnt ask the server to turn into PvP

second i voted for PvP when server merge happened, but meh still its fine and if they would open a PvP server in Europe and give the option to transfer account, i ll be the first one to move there.

third there is already another primal quest (and a veno quest) that require white name, why not this aswell

and THE LAST BUT NOT LEAST, i am really curious to see who actually needs those packs to gear up, how he is gonna take aggro and then be able to pick any drop, from 4-5 full blue named r9r3 teams

at least if the pk goes on and on and the teams have to focus on it, the lesser geared player\team can take his chance to hit the boss and get the drops
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    fyi this boss\event was already here since the first day of New Horizons and on my server is already spammed by few blue (unfortunately) named teams

^This, on PVP servers is actually a massive FEST of PK between major factions, taking hours to be killed and **** everybody's charm's and guardian scrolls...

Too bad is just too late for me... Bad enough is waking at 5am to do TW... to then at 7am go for the World boss b:shocked
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Personally, I think this suggestion could be fun. For 1 weekly boss, I don't see it harm to much.

However, I doubt it would revive PK on Morai. At the best, it would get a few ppl white named for the event that will afterwards afk in a safe zone till they change back blue. I don't go white named, but it's not because I don't like Pvp. It's because open world PK is to expensive and because it's dominated by a few idiots turning it in a reality show of yellow spam.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    Personally, I think this suggestion could be fun. For 1 weekly boss, I don't see it harm to much.

However, I doubt it would revive PK on Morai. At the best, it would get a few ppl white named for the event that will afterwards afk in a safe zone till they change back blue. I don't go white named, but it's not because I don't like Pvp. It's because open world PK is to expensive and because it's dominated by a few idiots turning it in a reality show of yellow spam.

believe me the yellow thinghie its the same on any server

also this boss will require endgame gear already to survive its aoes, so the ones that can actually kill the boss are able to sustain pk sessions aswell

but still i dont have much faith in PWI devs, i mean just the fact they didnt realize this boss is already here since months gives away their game-knowledge and willingness to improve the game
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    so the servers "OP PK TEAM" finally decided to come and challenge the damage-contest over the bosses drops and loses versus the usual farmteam and then demands it to be pvp?
    its a PVE server for a reason.

and yes, i actually DO NEED those S packs, as my psy has only ONE S card so far, especially after PWI refused to return my Orbs that i actually OWNED, unlike other people that keep demanding stuff from the support that they never had and even get it "back".
    you guys are already spamkilling enough people at the convoi, if the server gets so boring, just demand your chars to be moved to lost city, we all know its possible(hint: revision psy)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Options
    believe me the yellow thinghie its the same on any server

also this boss will require endgame gear already to survive its aoes, so the ones that can actually kill the boss are able to sustain pk sessions aswell

but still i dont have much faith in PWI devs, i mean just the fact they didnt realize this boss is already here since months gives away their game-knowledge and willingness to improve the game

Ijs, the reasons not to go white names won't be broken by what you suggested. So I don't see it revive open world PK.

However, like I said, I do think it would be funny to have 1 boss that's only for white players on announced time. For the fun part, I do support this idea (for whatever that's worth b:laugh )
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    so the servers "OP PK TEAM" finally decided to come and challenge the damage-contest over the bosses drops and loses versus the usual farmteam and then demands it to be pvp?
    its a PVE server for a reason.

and yes, i actually DO NEED those S packs, as my psy has only ONE S card so far, especially after PWI refused to return my Orbs that i actually OWNED, unlike other people that keep demanding stuff from the support that they never had and even get it "back".
    you guys are already spamkilling enough people at the convoi, if the server gets so boring, just demand your chars to be moved to lost city, we all know its possible(hint: revision psy)

did you realize elo was white name @ the boss but we didnt touch him right, what if we started to aoe the boss... also it was not your usual farmteam and you know that :P

but well i dont rly care about boss and drops tho i just want to revive the free pk on the server that went to complete death...and its imo prolly one of the best aspects of the game (pwi advertise itself as "Come and try the unique PvP experience blablablabla" where the hell is the pvp?

i am pretty sure requiem templer or revision can afford to pk and could easily outnumber our team
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i am pretty sure requiem templer or revision can afford to pk and could easily outnumber our team

I'm pretty sure as well but if there wasn't a bored archer that just want free kills (ganking, waiting for players to be surrounded by mobs) camping quests areas, maybe there would be more white name players to begin with... I'm not talking about someone pking enemies while they do their quests, I'm talking about that someone that also kills factionless people with no reason (and even some guildmates xD)
    There is a difference between challenging PVP or just bothering people that don't have enough time to do their quests. And since we're on a PVE server, no surprises if people stay blue name to do their dailies.

I don't want to QQ here or being off-topic but even if I'm still white name (just nostalgia) I understand why there is less and less people in PVP mode and if you really want to revive challenging PK on Morai maybe you should think about that point.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'm pretty sure as well but if there wasn't a bored archer that just want free kills (ganking, waiting for players to be surrounded by mobs) camping quests areas, maybe there would be more white name players to begin with... I'm not talking about someone pking enemies while they do their quests, I'm talking about that someone that also kills factionless people with no reason (and even some guildmates xD)
    There is a difference between challenging PVP or just bothering people that don't have enough time to do their quests. And since we're on a PVE server, no surprises if people stay blue name to do their dailies.

I don't want to QQ here or being off-topic but even if I'm still white name (just nostalgia) I understand why there is less and less people in PVP mode and if you really want to revive challenging PK on Morai maybe you should think about that point.

so your point is if i want to revive pk i should tell my archers to quit it? >-<

but well realistically i dont know what to do anymore to revive the pk... i tried to plan mixed teams pvp... i tried to provoke other factions but nothing...

revision can dish out 110 sign ups for tw with at least 70 R9R3s but there isnt a single revision member pking... its **** bad
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Zoldi - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    so your point is if i want to revive pk i should tell my archers to quit it? >-<

As I said there is (according to me) a huge difference between challenging PVP or just ganking people that want to do their quests and don't even try to defend themselves. If the people don't defend themselves, just come back to do their quests, then get killed again and again, I personaly don't get where the fun is (on both sides).
    I can't be sure that if he/they stopped there would be more free pk on the open map because of all the time needed with the new content but I'm pretty sure that there will at least more white-name players. Some people just don't want to switch to white anymore because there is a chance for them not being able to do their quests afterwards, that's all and this doesn't help PVP in a way

Even when I was playing on PVP servers I never saw anyone camping that much to shoot/gank everyone.
    Maybe because on PVP servers those people would have been destroyed but this is quicker to switch to blue on a PVE server.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    As I said there is (according to me) a huge difference between challenging PVP or just ganking people that want to do their quests and don't even try to defend themselves. If the people don't defend themselves, just come back to do their quests, then get killed again and again, I personaly don't get where the fun is (on both sides).
    I can't be sure that if he/they stopped there would be more free pk on the open map because of all the time needed with the new content but I'm pretty sure that there will at least more white-name players. Some people just don't want to switch to white anymore because there is a chance for them not being able to do their quests afterwards, that's all and this doesn't help PVP in a way

Even when I was playing on PVP servers I never saw anyone camping that much to shoot/gank everyone.
    Maybe because on PVP servers those people would have been destroyed but this is quicker to switch to blue on a PVE server.

thats a usual pk situation tho, we had similar situations in past with morai weekly or when tob was worth or simply pk @ west...

if you are meaning the fact of what happened between me and your veno yesterday in tob i am really not understanding the logic at all

I was on my mount roaming the tob she stuns me on sight and engages me with the tob sword, i tested my new genie on tob sword damage and was getting 1k hits, then after i started to retaliate and she got killed few times and raged somehow. is that my fault?

are we at the point that people cant tolerate the option to lose a fight and then not try it at all?

i miss stuff like the pk @ pq3 zhen cause of people pulling world bosses on the zhens ( ah ah old good times )

killing white names @ caravan can be the only option to "wake up" the TW factions and get their strongest members into pk i guess... am i right?

if i am not what are the options?

re-open morai unofficial forum to fix mixed teams pvp at west? but thats not pk...and there is no-few challenge in pvp with pre-made teams
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Zoldi - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Regarding "my veno in ToB" I don't get it because I don't have any veno that I play in ToB and ToB is a pk event anyway.

I was talking about that archer I can't name that just prevent people from doing quests in Primal
    And I was not talking about me at all actually. You're talking about reviving pk in TW faction but this one doesn't only kill people from big faction but also guildless people, people from small guilds and even his own guildmates (at least their alts :p).
    And even if he might have the best stuff on whole server he still usually ganks people that don't even defend themselves which is totally no challenge at all according to me (and probably not even fun)
    And I don't mean just a kill by hour for the rankings but really kill again and again so that people can't even fight their mobs.

But I didn't want to argue about that or ask for him to stop (if he finds that fun then no problem, I just don't understand where the fun is), I'm just giving facts explaining why there are less and less white name players on our server according to me.

Edit : And no i don't remember anyone doing that in the past. I kinda remember fights between "ennemy" factions (I did it as well) but this is not he same situation :)'
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    for your veno i meant the veno that left your faction yesterday :S

well zoldi that non-challenging pk happens because there is no pk at all... if there would've been legit pk i am pretty sure caravan wouldn't ve been the blood bath it always is

but returning in topic who wants pvp is forced to wait nation wars or territory wars (when balanced) otherwise he is not gonna have fun with this game... therefore this boss should be for white names only imo
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options

I believe this boss will be slightly different to the one we already have. (Well im gonna hope or it would be rather worth a face desk) I know people have been moaning about the WBs being so easy now and i really like this idea to spice things up for may be one or two WBs and any new ones.

If your happy with me to do so I shall log this as a Suggestion. Im not going to just suggest this new boss is changed tho want to be more open than that. May be include a new daily as well that you have to do this for! I think people would like that Idea!

Thanks.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »

I believe this boss will be slightly different to the one we already have. (Well im gonna hope or it would be rather worth a face desk) I know people have been moaning about the WBs being so easy now and i really like this idea to spice things up for may be one or two WBs and any new ones.

If your happy with me to do so I shall log this as a Suggestion. Im not going to just suggest this new boss is changed tho want to be more open than that. May be include a new daily as well that you have to do this for! I think people would like that Idea!

Thanks.

Personally I feel that it will only speed up certain people's willingness to quit. They really need to rebalance things as a whole before doing things like this. No one likes getting owned so often. (EDIT:This would be a place owned by the overpowered, maybe not all the time,.... hell it already is... we really don't need another place where the overpowered are constantly owning the weak... a world were only the strong thrive is NOT a good world to live in. When the weak find the challenge to be too tough/numerous/being 'forced' into something to enjoy something that is as main stream as this is now... I for one feel it would do more harm than good.) This idea would just hurt the game, might make people think that pwi is forcing us all into pvp regardless of our server. We really don't need the pve servers turning into half pvp servers, we have several pvp instances that people can play pvp in the pve servers.

I am in agreement with those who say if you want to pvp, go to a pvp server. No need to risk pissing off/making a boss off limits to those who wish to stay out of pvp as much as possible.

Sure some people would like this, but I am afraid many people wouldn't like it/just avoid it all together, but really if you want pvp that badly join a pvp server.

I for one just hope this is a suggestion they wont do, I guess its just up to them. I am sure that if they feel it will 'force' people to spend cash on the game then they will do it. What they really need to do though, is getting us to be 'happy' to spend cash on the game, not make an addition to the game, that is more or less forcing them to spend cash on the game just to have a chance at the drops.

--

Either way guess its done....
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

PWCN doesn't have PVE servers, which mean for them it's not an issue, I doubt the devs change something that is not an issue for them to please the PVE servers of PWI.

Want to revive PVP on PVE servers? Ask the GM to turn all PVE servers into PVP servers, they can do it if they wanted.

If people stayed after being obligated to use Arc, they will stay even in the PVE servers get turn into PVP, they will just learn to use SL or dolls if they become red names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    PWCN doesn't have PVE servers, which mean for them it's not an issue, I doubt the devs change something that is not an issue for them to please the PVE servers of PWI.

Want to revive PVP on PVE servers? Ask the GM to turn all PVE servers into PVP servers, they can do it if they wanted.

If people stayed after being obligated to use Arc, they will stay even in the PVE servers get turn into PVP, they will just learn to use SL or dolls if they become red names.

Apples and Oranges. Arc doesn't really directly effect gameplay, turning all the servers pvp does. If they forced me into a different style of gameplay rather than just minor inconveniences like Arc, I'd leave. I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd quit if the server went from a PVP one to a PVE one as well. They are very different experiences. Arc atm, doesn't change the game experience a whole heck of a lot, it makes getting into the game annoying for some people, yes. But once they are in, they can play how they want to play.

As for this suggestion, I think he'd have to be spawned more often with better drops for it to do so much, although the base idea behind this (having things worth doing on the world map that requires PVP so that people have incentive to go into world map PK) is definitely a good one. People like winning things.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited April 2014
    Options

As for this suggestion, I think he'd have to be spawned more often with better drops for it to do so much, although the base idea behind this (having things worth doing on the world map that requires PVP so that people have incentive to go into world map PK) is definitely a good one. People like winning things.

Better drops? That boss drop around 200m of stuff (more in 2x), if 200m doesn't worth it then I don't know what would. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary
    Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Great idea also the idea of pve doesn't make much since to me anyways. PvE= player vs environment... when I think of hat I think like wildfires and such. Players are just as much part of the environment as any dumb mobs. Really players make pve more flexible and unpredictable so why do people hate pvp so much? Is it a lvl of pve that is to hard for yall? Do yall like the comforting predictability of the lower lvl of pve? I for one don't and that is why I pk. What annoys me are people that say go to a pvp server if you want to pk. No I will not they have a lot more people in SZ than the "pve" servers. PvE server=way to lvl and farm up the gear to pvp without being disturbed. PvP server= lvl and gear under constant threat. Also honestly for those of u that have r999 and such and only choose to pve I don't see the point in getting that gear. Why make the lower tier of pve even easier than it is? I think pve is ment for gear with like warding/slaying lvls. I agree their need to be more aspects to the game that induce pvp because that is higher lvl pve ^^.

Sorry if I was rude but these are forums and I just like to state my mind b:kiss
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Better drops? That boss drop around 200m of stuff (more in 2x), if 200m doesn't worth it then I don't know what would. xD

Oh thought I saw fairy boxes mostly in that one screenshot. xD

@Msdoomdesire

For me, I don't find PVP in this game that engaging. Many of the people who do PVP are rude and the cost of entry is pretty high. Or at least when I was briefly in a (small) tw faction, the drama was really bad and toxic and was overall a really unpleasant experience for me. In addition, most of the stuff you drop is down to being a little clumsy with your protections that day, and not necessarily a matter of skill. Even if you go past all that though, PVP becomes really routine. I had a blast in nation wars at first, but even that got just as repetitive as PVE after a while and I don't really go as often. For me this just isn't a game I want to be competitive in, I don't like the scene and I don't like the mechanics. I could maybe look past all that if the cost of entry wasn't so high for the team spirit nature of it, after all I do enjoy cooperative experiences in this game when you get with the right group of people, but alas it is very high. You gotta spend a lot of time farming, or a lot of money, or you gotta merchant a lot and merchanting just isn't my cup of tea. It's very easy to make money that way but meh. I like earning the coins I need to do things by actually doing them. Its part of the reason I liked warsong so much, worked towards a clear goal, and participated in that activity to get that goal. While cooperating with my friend and facmates for an entertaining experience. If you go with the right people, even longer instances are fun.

And it's not that I don't enjoy PVP here from time to time. A long time ago I was in a TW faction and having those types of battles with even matched guilds is still a memorable and fun experience for me. I also really have enjoyed NW even if I've been wanting to go less often, back when it was still fresh. And I don't mind joining in the the theater of blood from time to time either. Its just I'm very casual about the whole thing, and PVP in this game doesn't feel very casual friendly to me.

edited April 2014
    Options

If you check there's some of the drops that says fairy box and some without a name, the ones without name are war avatar boxes (chance of a c-s card iirc), the boss drop around 15-18 war avatar box (more in 2x). Depending on the economy of each server it can be different, but on HL the boxes sell for around 9m each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If you check there's some of the drops that says fairy box and some without a name, the ones without name are war avatar boxes (chance of a c-s card iirc), the boss drop around 15-18 war avatar box (more in 2x). Depending on the economy of each server it can be different, but on HL the boxes sell for around 9m each.

Ah I see, I remember seeing boxes without a name now that you mention it. Don't think it registered in my brain as being so awesome though because of that reason so I kind of just forgot. xD That's pretty awesome!

edited April 2014
    Options

@Msdoomdesire

For me, I don't find PVP in this game that engaging. Many of the people who do PVP are rude

Actually, from my experience a LOT of ''PVE'' people are way much more rude and even vulgar than some PVPers.

Some examples:

-I do my quest on my side, there's mobs everywhere and someone run toward me beside go the other side and since I tab to switch mob that tab the person and on mystic my chan is so fast that I don't have time to stop it, I pm the person saying ''sorry tab you by mistake'' and the person answer ''YOU FREAKING MORON, YEA RIGHT TAB, F*** U, F*** YOUR MOM, I HOPE U DIE IN PAIN IN A FIRE IRL''. <- And that kind of situation I see it often

-I pk someone 1 time and the person reply saying ''IMMA REPORT U, U FREAKING A**HOLE, U GONNA BE BAN QUEST BLOCKER!!!''

-I pk a RED name in a PVP spot and get a pm saying ''YOU FREAKING JERK, I'M RED BY ACCICDENT U MORON''.

^ That happen regularly, ''PVE'' people that rage and threat people if they get pk one time. Ofc there's PVPers that are rude, but there's a lot of PVE players that are rude and vulgar too. Being rude or mean is not about PVP or PVE, some people are rude, it's their personality.

Or at least when I was briefly in a (small) tw faction, the drama was really bad and toxic and was overall a really unpleasant experience for me.

All factions have their issues, you maybe was there at a bad moment, plus TW=/PVP, some faction do TW, but doesn't PVP, some do PVP, but don't TW and some do both.

In addition, most of the stuff you drop is down to being a little clumsy with your protections that day, and not necessarily a matter of skill. Even if you go past all that though, PVP becomes really routine. I had a blast in nation wars at first, but even that got just as repetitive as PVE after a while and I don't really go as often. For me this just isn't a game I want to be competitive in, I don't like the scene and I don't like the mechanics. I could maybe look past all that if the cost of entry wasn't so high for the team spirit nature of it, after all I do enjoy cooperative experiences in this game when you get with the right group of people, but alas it is very high. You gotta spend a lot of time farming, or a lot of money, or you gotta merchant a lot and merchanting just isn't my cup of tea. It's very easy to make money that way but meh. I like earning the coins I need to do things by actually doing them. Its part of the reason I liked warsong so much, worked towards a clear goal, and participated in that activity to get that goal. While cooperating with my friend and facmates for an entertaining experience. If you go with the right people, even longer instances are fun.

And it's not that I don't enjoy PVP here from time to time. A long time ago I was in a TW faction and having those types of battles with even matched guilds is still a memorable and fun experience for me. I also really have enjoyed NW even if I've been wanting to go less often, back when it was still fresh. And I don't mind joining in the the theater of blood from time to time either. Its just I'm very casual about the whole thing, and PVP in this game doesn't feel very casual friendly to me.

Some people like PVP some don't, not everyone on HL/LC like to PVP, but they still enjoy the game and deal with it. Some players claim they hate PVP while they never tried it, I saw a lot of people realizing with NW that they like to PVP.

Maybe if there was no need to have SL/dolls to don't drop items that more people would want to PVP. I don't use SL, tried one time and forgot the timer and did drop, dolls can be expensive, so now I just put everything in bank, when you are white name you can't drop the gears you wear and the chance to drop items in the inventory is low.

Looks like people have the image PVP servers of people waiting at all questing areas 24/7 just to pk anyone that show, yes sometime you gonna have the bad luck to get pk while questing, but it's not all the time, I do often my quests without getting attack or pk (even while red name). Yes there's some moron high lvl pking the lowbies, but then again it's not a majority and it give a bad reputation to the faction so generally factions will ask people to don't pk lower lvl.

The worse things I saw in that game actually was done by non-PVP people from non-rpk factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2014
    Options

Actually, from my experience a LOT of ''PVE'' people are way much more rude and even vulgar than some PVPers.

Some examples:

-I do my quest on my side, there's mobs everywhere and someone run toward me beside go the other side and since I tab to switch mob that tab the person and on mystic my chan is so fast that I don't have time to stop it, I pm the person saying ''sorry tab you by mistake'' and the person answer ''YOU FREAKING MORON, YEA RIGHT TAB, F*** U, F*** YOUR MOM, I HOPE U DIE IN PAIN IN A FIRE IRL''. <- And that kind of situation I see it often

-I pk someone 1 time and the person reply saying ''IMMA REPORT U, U FREAKING A**HOLE, U GONNA BE BAN QUEST BLOCKER!!!''

-I pk a RED name in a PVP spot and get a pm saying ''YOU FREAKING JERK, I'M RED BY ACCICDENT U MORON''.

^ That happen regularly, ''PVE'' people that rage and threat people if they get pk one time. Ofc there's PVPers that are rude, but there's a lot of PVE players that are rude and vulgar too. Being rude or mean is not about PVP or PVE, some people are rude, it's their personality.

All factions have their issues, you maybe was there at a bad moment, plus TW=/PVP, some faction do TW, but doesn't PVP, some do PVP, but don't TW and some do both.

I consider those examples PVP related drama personally though. Since it happens sometimes even in nation wars. Some people just can't handle losing. I always find it amusing when someone gets annoyed with me over killing them in nation wars, or at the least not dying fast enough for their liking since I am so undergeared compared to them. I imagine a lot of those people on PVP servers joined them because they do like occasional pvp, just not when they are questing. Although I do understand that some people on your server make the server choice by accident. I think that's really a server perspective on whether or not that type of person is a pve player or not. On most pve servers, they wouldn't be white named if they disliked pvp. While on your there isn't a choice. So on in my personal experience those type of people are mostly complaining because they lost, and not because of PVE related reasons. Although the caravan quest is an exception I suppose. So I consider that a PVP player rudeness instead, haha.

It's the type of rudeness you described though that I literally never have to deal with unless I absolutely want to because the fun of PVP outweighs that type of behavior. I almost never have to hear that type of thing. The PVE related drama is like drop stealing, people being uptight about squad related things, that type of thing. Since lately I've just been doing things with facmates and friends, and don't PVP, I haven't heard something like that in many months.

As for faction issues, while all factions have their issues it's true. I haven't seen anything quite match the rivalry of TW factions. People trashing your faction in world chat, people trash talking you in squad just because of the name over your head, even if you've never met them. What is there to really get that type of rivalry with in a purely PVE faction? I've had exactly one nasty squad experience with my pve faction, due to the fact that our leader was a frost seller. And that was years ago. Most of the pve events are dominated by the TW factions too anyway, they tend to have better gear. >>

Also I must admit I do get confused on how you guys compare the relative PVP type terms, so forgive me.

For me I usually use PVP as a general term for any Player vs Player content. So NW, TW, TOB, are PVP events. While I use PK for things like going to West and killing each other.
    Some people like PVP some don't, not everyone on HL/LC like to PVP, but they still enjoy the game and deal with it. Some players claim they hate PVP while they never tried it, I saw a lot of people realizing with NW that they like to PVP.

Maybe if there was no need to have SL/dolls to don't drop items that more people would want to PVP. I don't use SL, tried one time and forgot the timer and did drop, dolls can be expensive, so now I just put everything in bank, when you are white name you can't drop the gears you wear and the chance to drop items in the inventory is low.

Looks like people have the image PVP servers of people waiting at all questing areas 24/7 just to pk anyone that show, yes sometime you gonna have the bad luck to get pk while questing, but it's not all the time, I do often my quests without getting attack or pk (even while red name). Yes there's some moron high lvl pking the lowbies, but then again it's not a majority and it give a bad reputation to the faction so generally factions will ask people to don't pk lower lvl.

The worse things I saw in that game actually was done by non-PVP people from non-rpk factions.

The worse I have seen has been pretty universally PVP related drama, although the person that takes the top spot was definitely a PVE person. The most frustrating people I have dealt with have all been known PVPers. That said, I do think PVP can be fun in small doses. That's why I support this suggestion. I'd also like to see some tiered PVP because I think more people might like it if they didn't have to make such large efforts to try it. I do think that more people enjoyed PVP more in nation wars as well, myself included. Nation wars cut out a lot of the drama issues, even though I still got it occasionally, because everyone was anonymous and the team you were on was random. NW is probably the most fun I had in PVP period, even though I play it on a level 80 (non rb) seeker. I think PWI should do more things to make PVP more engaging, and one of the ways to do that is to up the rewards.

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    On this game? There can be no such thing as true open PvP. There aren't enough people that are equal in gear, it'll just be cash shoppers/merchanters farm killing anyone else and taking everything. It'll demotivate people from trying the content and it'll become dead to everyone but them. Eventually it'll lose its appeal, even to them, and be dead completely.

PWI needs to address the underlying issues with balance before anything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    On this game? There can be no such thing as true open PvP. There aren't enough people that are equal in gear, it'll just be cash shoppers/merchanters farm killing anyone else and taking everything. It'll demotivate people from trying the content and it'll become dead to everyone but them. Eventually it'll lose its appeal, even to them, and be dead completely.

PWI needs to address the underlying issues with balance before anything else.

^ Exactly why this idea scares me. :$ *agrees with zanryu* Every bit of it.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)