Another new scam alert

2»

Comments

• trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    If said friend/lover has to whisper you from a toon you never heard of before or didn't know their intention of making, asking you for your password out of the blue, that is wildly suspicious, in my opinion.
    Still don't quite get it how people fall for that...

From what I saw, the most chosen names are officers of the bigger factions. Morai had a bunch of fake leaders/directors past weeks. Got to be careful and suspicious these days. Not just in game, but everywhere. Personally I always find those things quite obvious, as I'm used to way better scam attempts rl. But seems ppl fall for it anyway.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, personally I've been somewhat satisfied with the ticket system. I've reported a certain scammer and haven't seen him since and I know that the gold site spammers are being reported. I blacklisted the spammer on wc because it annoyed me and few days after noticed there's a new one. I BLd him too, and again there's a new one after that. It is surely hard to do much about these without the constant ingame GMing.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If said friend/lover has to whisper you from a toon you never heard of before or didn't know their intention of making, asking you for your password out of the blue, that is wildly suspicious, in my opinion.
    Still don't quite get it how people fall for that...

Kinda similar thing happened to my friends
    They r married in PWI but of course they r together in real too.

So this fake newby Pms her asking for *his* char info , cuz he forgot.
    Of course she didnt gave it, because she knew her bf was in kitchen making him self a sandwich.

I wonder how easy the In game couples actually fall for this.
    Cant be sure how big pressure hacker does on them.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Got the same thing happening to me now. Someone I know to not be a scammer tried to direct me to "arcpwi dot com" (link neutered to prevent clickage), with the promise of free avatar cards...

I strongly suspect that arcpwi isn't a domain associated with Perfect World Inc.

Suggests there's a virus going around that specifically targets PWI...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • moonbladez87
    moonbladez87 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    people who get **** or scammed deserve it, i've been here 6 years now never been **** or scammed, I also don't share account info or let others log into my account unlike 90% of the game.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Got the same thing happening to me now. Someone I know to not be a scammer tried to direct me to "arcpwi dot com" (link neutered to prevent clickage), with the promise of free avatar cards...

I strongly suspect that arcpwi isn't a domain associated with Perfect World Inc.

Yup thats the site which were posted in FB comments , saying- free ocean orbs
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    people who get **** or scammed deserve it, i've been here 6 years now never been **** or scammed, I also don't share account info or let others log into my account unlike 90% of the game.

Honestly that makes about as much sense as saying a **** victim deserved to be *****. No one DESERVES to be ****, scammed, or phished...but it happens. As i have stated, rather than talk ill of it, do what you can if anything to help prevent it. Spread awareness not hate or stupidity....(not calling you stupid merely making a statement)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014

That is indeed the scam/virus site, or whatever there is. When ****, they send a pm and/or chatbox to everyone on fl. When you see it, you better screenshot it. You never know, it might help your friend to recover his account. Imo that site deserves a special notice by PW that it's not from them.
  • moonbladez87
    moonbladez87 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Honestly that makes about as much sense as saying a **** victim deserved to be *****. No one DESERVES to be ****, scammed, or phished...but it happens. As i have stated, rather than talk ill of it, do what you can if anything to help prevent it. Spread awareness not hate or stupidity....(not calling you stupid merely making a statement)

clearly pwi has said how many time not to go to unofficial sites and use log in info, and yet people do it, so if they get banned it's their own fault for being born MR.....pretty sure it also said in the pwi rules and tos that going to sites like that and purchasing goods is bannable by both parties so maybe pwi should just ban **** accounts.