Another new scam alert

TZoner - Raging Tide
TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
I suspect a good friend of mine has recently been ****. When i logged on today he had sent me a chat box (something he never does) telling me to get free war avatar cards from a site i wont name but that sounds VERY similar to arcgames main site. I went there thinking it was legit due to this friend being a nice person to bet told by my browser that the web page is a forged one and has been reported. Don't listen to anyone telling you to go to sites for free war avatar cards...or anything free in game for that matter. b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TZoner - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    I suspect a good friend of mine has recently been ****. When i logged on today he had sent me a chat box (something he never does) telling me to get free war avatar cards from a site i wont name but that sounds VERY similar to arcgames main site. I went there thinking it was legit due to this friend being a nice person to bet told by my browser that the web page is a forged one and has been reported. Don't listen to anyone telling you to go to sites for free war avatar cards...or anything free in game for that matter. b:victory
    It's the common sense rule again.

If it's not an Official PWE site, don't use it.

Yes, I know people will QQ about others that are ignorant of what official PWE sites are and so on and so forth. If you're not sure, don't do it. If you're going to be on the internet, you really need to educate yourself. Ignorance isn't an excuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nothing new about this.
    Just the link different.

I think i saw it posted on PWI fb page, they didn't remove it at least 3 days.
    and the fake link ends with .com
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is it a coincidence these **** players show up when there are bots spamming a gold site?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    Is it a coincidence these **** players show up when there are bots spamming a gold site?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

What's even more sad is how much of a bad deal those gold sites have. From the advertisements on WC i have seen its just horrible...why would anyone even bother. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    What's even more sad is how much of a bad deal those gold sites have. From the advertisements on WC i have seen its just horrible...why would anyone even bother. lol
    Becauz it hurtz to do maths. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    We really need a GM to get the heck on RT and help. I have learned of a large number of people from a fairly large faction fell for the scam and were ****. Also a well known r9rr barb as well i am submitting a ticket but it would be much easier with a GM actually online doing the job they need to do? Can any moderator or GM PLEASE get on Raging Tide and PM me ill be on for another couple hours gathering intel on any suspected **** accounts to help. I know this is a long shot but would be nice to see actual GM interaction and help with this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    >Free W.As
    >No promotions on the official website or red-text messages in-game
    >MFW People are actually buying into this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We really need a GM to get the heck on RT and help. I have learned of a large number of people from a fairly large faction fell for the scam and were ****.

Lol, sounds like a dumb faction.

Also "****". More like they gave out their info on their own. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014

Lol, sounds like a dumb faction.

Also "****". More like they gave out their info on their own. b:chuckle

I cant speak for the faction....however the way the did actually get **** was to log onto a SUPPOSED pwi site

and once they put their info to "log in" to this site their account was taken. Call it what you want but its the same as being ****. They were duped. The name of the site is EXTREMELY good at misleading you into thinking its a pwi site. That is the entire point of a scam is to fool a person. Doesnt mean they are exactly dumb it can mean the scam was just a good one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    >Free W.As
    >No promotions on the official website or red-text messages in-game
    >MFW People are actually buying into this
    #19) I’m Padding my post count / Brony Post

Aaahh... It just fits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Doesnt mean they are exactly dumb it can mean the scam was just a good one.

Not really. If they managed to ignore ingame warnings and common sense, they can't be too smart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We really need a GM to get the heck on RT and help. I have learned of a large number of people from a fairly large faction fell for the scam and were ****. Also a well known r9rr barb as well i am submitting a ticket but it would be much easier with a GM actually online doing the job they need to do? Can any moderator or GM PLEASE get on Raging Tide and PM me ill be on for another couple hours gathering intel on any suspected **** accounts to help. I know this is a long shot but would be nice to see actual GM interaction and help with this issue.

Oh what a wonderful world it would be if GMs did their job.
    Sure, GMs can show up for "schedualed events", but to do actual work in the online gaming community, they could give a flying fig. Every time I see a "GM" speaking in WC, I get angry inside. I would actually rather NEVER see a GM, rather then see them come on to the servers to derp around with stupid "kill the GM" events. It gives the false impression that GMs actually exist.

I would buy Zen if the GMs of this game actually supported the players.

Maybe it has to get worse, much much worse before anything real gets done about it.
    Until then, it's good the PLAYERS are trying to protect themselves and others, because the PLAYERS are the only ones who care.
    edited April 2014
    I cant speak for the faction....however the way the did actually get **** was to log onto a SUPPOSED pwi site

and once they put their info to "log in" to this site their account was taken. Call it what you want but its the same as being ****. They were duped. The name of the site is EXTREMELY good at misleading you into thinking its a pwi site. That is the entire point of a scam is to fool a person. Doesnt mean they are exactly dumb it can mean the scam was just a good one.
    Which isn't hacking at all, it's just people willingly giving out their account information.

Falls under phishing actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Unless its a bug or a free giveaway by PWI, there is nothing free.
    So people should just not go to anything when people say it.

1) if its a bug, you'll get banned as its illegal to abuse something.
    2) if its a giveaway from PWI, you'll have seen it in Arc or the PWi website before seeing in game chat.
    3) if you do try to go get free things, thus trying to cheat you way into better gears / free stuff,
    should PWI give you your things back? I mean.... you tried to by-pass the system anyways... b:chuckle
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    My entire stance on this is as follows.

Enough people have or are leaving the game due to Arc and other nonsense such as horrid customer service from PWE. As is i feel the game state is getting worse and worse every day. RATHER than sit there and MAKE FUN OF the people getting duped into losing their accounts you should all be doing your part to helping make sure that these people either get their accounts back or that at least less people are duped as well. Grats to you all...you are all smart enough to know now to go to a site that isnt PWI...not everyone has your intelligence. Rather than being pricks and making fun of them put your brains to good use. Save their accounts or stop them. Either way it makes more sense that mocking them it just makes you all look pathetic in my opinion.

Honestly most of you should be ashamed at the stance you take on this. Clearly PWE lack the proper customer support so lets keep this game going as long as we can. I personally love PWI and will hate the day it goes away. Let's all do our part to keep this game a great and fun game for all to enjoy rather than contributing to the stupidity of the servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    So? What exactly should we do? Send tickets? Done that, nothing happened in the long run. Try to get people to smarten up? Done that, there will always be the idiots that fall for it.

I'm not ashamed. Nor do I feel pity for idiots that try to get free stuff and fall for scams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So? What exactly should we do? Send tickets? Done that, nothing happened in the long run. Try to get people to smarten up? Done that, there will always be the idiots that fall for it.

I'm not ashamed. Nor do I feel pity for idiots that try to get free stuff and fall for scams.

+1
    what I tried to say earlier :p b:chuckle
    3) if you do try to go get free things, thus trying to cheat you way into better gears / free stuff,
    should PWI give you your things back? I mean.... you tried to by-pass the system anyways... b:chuckle
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    Just sending in one ticket never works lol. And also there is a certain way to write tickets to get their attention. For all of you sitting there shaming others cuz they are dumb enough to fall for the scam i find it amusing that you dont know how to properly write a ticket. Look up the proper ticket writing on forums if u need help use the search function.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Aaahh... It just fits.

Thanks, Captain Obvious. Its not like the past 2000 posts haven't been somewhat similar before that satirical post was made b:lipcurl .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    For all of you sitting there shaming others cuz they are dumb enough to fall for the scam i find it amusing that you dont know how to properly write a ticket.

Fun fact, I know how to write a ticket. Stop making wild assumptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    Fun fact, I know how to write a ticket. Stop making wild assumptions.

It wasnt a wild assumption u stated that nothing was done about ur ticket. If you write a ticket properly they usually do something if not small. Sorry if u were offended by that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    It wasnt a wild assumption u stated that nothing was done about ur ticket. If you write a ticket properly they usually do something if not small. Sorry if u were offended by that.

I didn't. But the only ticket response you'll ever get it that "we're looking into it". PWE doesn't tell you if they ban/punish someone ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    a gm to check the server isnt really gonna help because they are also spotted on other servers like on morai I had a person asking if it was a scam/**** site. Its a global issue that's not that easy to solve with 1 gm on a server for 1 day...daily control is the best but I doubt it possible
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    If you write a ticket properly they usually do something if not small. Sorry if u were offended by that.
    if not small?
    Actually they ignore the big cases . They always say they will be looking into it or even that they cant do anything about it.
    They never ban glitch abusers, scammers, hackers

I bet there r tons of ppl who been sending tickets about few ppl in DW- they havent gotten banned yet (2 weeks is not ban but vacation ijs) they changed names now and keep scamming.

If the ticket is send about some small case- GM might do something actually

Support always recommend to send ticket with every tiny info (time, date) Screenshots or videos.
    But sometimes i feel like they not reading at all. Not even check videos or pictures .

Only time when they actually answer fast and actually read the ticket is if its about ZEN. Or in my case about contest reward or TW (when i had a question)
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    if not small?
    Actually they ignore the big cases . They always say they will be looking into it or even that they cant do anything about it.
    They never ban glitch abusers, scammers, hackers

I bet there r tons of ppl who been sending tickets about few ppl in DW- they havent gotten banned yet (2 weeks is not ban but vacation ijs) they changed names now and keep scamming.

If the ticket is send about some small case- GM might do something actually

Support always recommend to send ticket with every tiny info (time, date) Screenshots or videos.
    But sometimes i feel like they not reading at all. Not even check videos or pictures .

Only time when they actually answer fast and actually read the ticket is if its about ZEN. Or in my case about contest reward or TW (when i had a question)

What proof do you have that they ignore the big cases? Or for that matter where do you get your knowledge of what gms do or dont do? If you are going to make claims that you know inside information about the workings of gms or what they actually do and dont do you have to have some sort of proof or inside information of that....which i find highly unlikely. While i am aware of the annoying scammers that you are referring to for all we know that case is a bit more complicated than we can understand. I personally have submitted many tickets over issues both with my own things and with other people and i can honestly say they have resolved a good majority of the issues. While you may not FEEL they do anything about the various tickets that they get a FEELING isnt very good proof. I have feelings all the time doesnt mean they are correct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    What proof do you have that they ignore the big cases? Or for that matter where do you get your knowledge of what gms do or dont do? If you are going to make claims that you know inside information about the workings of gms or what they actually do and dont do you have to have some sort of proof or inside information of that....which i find highly unlikely. While i am aware of the annoying scammers that you are referring to for all we know that case is a bit more complicated than we can understand. I personally have submitted many tickets over issues both with my own things and with other people and i can honestly say they have resolved a good majority of the issues. While you may not FEEL they do anything about the various tickets that they get a FEELING isnt very good proof. I have feelings all the time doesnt mean they are correct.

I wont mention 10* orb abuse even xD

About scammers ..well proof that they haven't done anything is. I see those ppl at least once in 1-2 days. From time to time in squads or just seeing them running somewhere.

Like last year botting was against the rules. I been reporting 1 guy for a whole year. He never were banned. He was still botting in his spot every single day.

The cases which r resolved fast is about ZEN
    If you npc your gear by accident (it takes few day- week/ r9 mostly might take months)
    If you are scammed/**** (might take few weeks- month )

Its not just me who thinks that.

I have few friends who fell for this scam/**** links too.
    They still haven't gotten their stuff back because Support Staff if blaming them for sharing their account info.And that they wont do anything about it.

But its only because they didnt think twice.
    They were thinking that they could abuse the 10* orbs like rest of the ppl did..or get 3 orbs like compensation which it supposed to be.

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    **** that, anyone dumb enough to go to one of those sites (who is sober), deserves to get all their stuff stolen.
    NGTUy53.png

• Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I HEARD people on dreamweaver have been doing some different schema

Scammer gets into noob char of his, PMs the victim pretending to be an alt of a close friend of the victim (previously investigated, seemingly) and asks for the victim password.

I don't know if anyone fell for this one, this have been said among my faction, people saying to be careful with those.

This one is "Strong" if true, because many people share their accounts with a trusted friend/lover, PWE never prohibited account sharing, but TOS says PWE is NOT responsible for issues with YOU sharing your account information. So, yeah.

Other day someone tried to sell me 2 look-a-like items which icon was EQUAL to garnet gem, luckily I do double check the items before locking the trade.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just a quick future thing for OP. War avatar cards go auto bind to your account as soon as they come out of the pack. If someone offers otherwise, don't believe them. That will be a very odd move.

That being said, we might get a new way to get S lvl cards, so keep your hopes up.
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Scammer gets into noob char of his, PMs the victim pretending to be an alt of a close friend of the victim (previously investigated, seemingly) and asks for the victim password.
    If said friend/lover has to whisper you from a toon you never heard of before or didn't know their intention of making, asking you for your password out of the blue, that is wildly suspicious, in my opinion.
    Still don't quite get it how people fall for that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]