Skills > Gear, to an extent

Options

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Your challenge was made slanted for your victory, Because in a real fight I would have easily clicked one of the hundreds of "Spirit of Defense's" in my inventory If I were to be purged. And your defenses trump mine anyday and if you wish to debate that I mean .. you tanked a good bunch of my faction like it was a stroll in the park. So 1 guy trying to break through your shells isn't that easy.

You agreed to a fight on specific terms and lost, you don't get to go back and say, "well if you had allowed such-and-such I would have easily won, etc etc." You should have had the foresight to realize the situation would be disadvantageous to you, because nobody cares about what *COULD* have been.

Do you really think if Yuyi was, for example, an endgame psy, that it would be easier to fight a duel with full buffs?

Fighting a cleric with a spirit of defense is easier only because it negates the buff advantage clerics specifically get in a self-buffed duel vs sins, so you're basically saying you need cleric buffs to beat a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Why does this sin kite so much

Does he, like, want the cleric's plume shell/Deaden/defenses to be off cooldown for as much of the actual engagement as possible? b:laugh

Looks like a Goredawn to me (for people from DW)
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You agreed to a fight on specific terms and lost, you don't get to go back and say, "well if you had allowed such-and-such I would have easily won, etc etc." You should have had the foresight to realize the situation would be disadvantageous to you, because nobody cares about what *COULD* have been.

Do you really think if Yuyi was, for example, an endgame psy, that it would be easier to fight a duel with full buffs?

Fighting a cleric with a spirit of defense is easier only because it negates the buff advantage clerics specifically get in a self-buffed duel vs sins, so you're basically saying you need cleric buffs to beat a cleric.

Ok you make a valid point "of your own perspective". but you do not speak for the masses. I was merely pointing out a fact I knew I would 99.9% lose but i did it anyways what the hell its a game have fun with it :)
    Why does this sin kite so much

Does he, like, want the cleric's plume shell/Deaden/defenses to be off cooldown for as much of the actual engagement as possible? b:laugh

Looks like a Goredawn to me (for people from DW)

Yea I'll do better next time, I was terrified of getting hit 20k's with my fail mdef xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

I have nothing to say to dignify your post, If i'm not mistaken that was a prod towards naming / Shaming, as a matter of fact is this entire thread trying to Shame me? b:angry BankaiGOD's Fight through the HURT, Fight through the PAIN-Without the Ache there is no GAIN - And i've gained so much for mdef since my last fight I might as well be an arcane assassin lol!

It's not naming and shaming if you respond and discuss your tactics in this thread. Also, I didn't use your name at all in the OP.

Your argument for fighting self buffed against another player's self-buffed skills is invalid. I've seen most of how people play on this server, which is the most pathetic and boring way to play. For example, a Psychic sitting in WV with a purge genie. How else is this different if you were to sit in tidal with a purge genie or a purge bow while spamming on the cleric? So if the cleric gets purged basically you only won by having full buffs versus a cleric self-buffed due to purge?

Essentially, self-buff or GTFO. Really missed the days that people were willing to run out with their buffs without having to log 10 alts to buff 1 char.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    It's not naming and shaming if you respond and discuss your tactics in this thread. Also, I didn't use your name at all in the OP.

Your argument for fighting self buffed against another player's self-buffed skills is invalid. I've seen most of how people play on this server, which is the most pathetic and boring way to play. For example, a Psychic sitting in WV with a purge genie. How else is this different if you were to sit in tidal with a purge genie or a purge bow while spamming on the cleric? So if the cleric gets purged basically you only won by having full buffs versus a cleric self-buffed due to purge?

Essentially, self-buff or GTFO. Really missed the days that people were willing to run out with their buffs without having to log 10 alts to buff 1 char.

Mods please close this thread O\_/O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Synth, I think you need Jesus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Go FKKing die in a fire.

Kill it with fire!!!! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Really I don't appreciate you reviving this thread with flame-baiting.

How the FKK can you say self buffs when 70% of pvp buffs that matter are cleric buffs?
    How the FKK can you say 10 alts when Spirit of Defense exists?
    How the FKK you gonna say purge bow like a cleric can't 1 click rebuff now a days?
    The point I made was fking valid I'm sorry your 2 cents don't make the FKING dallor of this flame thread.

The validity of your entire statement relies upon this one factor: Me purposely not buffing myself during the fight. I could have "e a s i l y" used a spirit of defense to change the fight in a heartbeat. Knowing that fact you should really think about what you gotta say next you fking degenerate.

I'm tired of your **** you never have anything productive to say only FKKing slander and flame-baiting. Go FKKing die in a fire.

Wtf? What in my post included slander or flamebaiting? Are you so eager to have this post closed you resort to telling me to go die in a fire so I will retort in an insultingly manner which will cause a mod to close this? No thanks.

People post vids of PVP and 1v1's all the time, if this thread gets closed then this subforum can go to hell and stay dead. Or if you dislike it so much since it's Harshlands targeted we could move this to PVP ponderings and get even more insight b:pleased

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQbLE66YIQw

Remember this? You spent 10 minutes with tidal and purge bow trying to purge Armani cuz you couldn't kill him. Not to mention both of you were buffed to the brim with psy buffs, you really call this pvp? Lol. This is not slander when this is clearly how you play. You FINALLY beat Armanii after his buffs ran out in the end while you still had full ep, barb and bm buffs while his cleric buffs expired. It's okay not everyone gets to be the best :')
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Go FKKing die in a fire.

And... you want to tell the mods to close the thread and think your post is valid in that how, exactly? o_O If I were to edit your post for filter circumvention, it'd turn into mostly **** all over the place....

I don't like ChevaIier most of the time. ChevaIier certainly seems to have it out for me when he feels like it... and yet that doesn't change the fact that you're the one in the wrong here.

For once, my warning in the thread isn't going to him but to you: take a chill pill and quit the raging. He's well entitled to his opinion that the most skilled people in PvP can do it self-buffed. You, on the other hand, are not entitled to the senseless flames you made in that post.

(I can't believe I'm on his side in a thread in this section. Must be having one weird dream or it's a sign of the apocalypse)
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

How the FKK can you say self buffs when 70% of pvp buffs that matter are cleric buffs?
    How the FKK can you say 10 alts when Spirit of Defense exists?
    How the FKK you gonna say purge bow like a cleric can't 1 click rebuff now a days?
    The point I made was fking valid I'm sorry your 2 cents don't make the FKING dallor of this flame thread.

The validity of your entire statement relies upon this one factor: Me purposely not buffing myself during the fight. I could have "e a s i l y" used a spirit of defense to change the fight in a heartbeat. Knowing that fact you should really think about what you gotta say next you fking degenerate.

I'm tired of your **** you never have anything productive to say only FKKing slander and flame-baiting. Go FKKing die in a fire.

I watched only 5 or 10 seconds of that video. That being said, I want to state 2 things.
    Cleric is the best, 1v1 class in the game hands down. Demon will probably kill you sooner, but sage will live long enough to kill you as well.

With all that being said, its actually not hard for a Sin to kill a cleric with some luck on their side. If the gears stated were correct, there should have been no reason the sin could not beat the cleric.
    All you have to do is force genie. Once that's down, between shadow teleport and headhunt, you should have enough stun time to deliver enough dmg to break plume shell (or w/e that skill is called), and then kill them (yes you should be sparking for this). But i'm not too sure of the sin's skills / genie build.

But either way... Purify > Tidal. All day, everyday.

As for QQing about this.... idk what you raging about since the cleric that beat you wasn't like G16 or something that is non-factor. Sins are good in PvP for the surprise, spike dmg factor. But when your 1v1ing.... they will be hunting for you and only you which makes 1v1ing a sin not too hard as we got pretty low defenses.....

Point of story? R9 cleric hands down best 1v1 class in game.... (assuming the player knows how to combo and survive.)
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Wtf? What in my post included slander or flamebaiting? Are you so eager to have this post closed you resort to telling me to go die in a fire so I will retort in an insultingly manner which will cause a mod to close this? No thanks.

People post vids of PVP and 1v1's all the time, if this thread gets closed then this subforum can go to hell and stay dead. Or if you dislike it so much since it's Harshlands targeted we could move this to PVP ponderings and get even more insight b:pleased

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQbLE66YIQw

Remember this? You spent 10 minutes with tidal and purge bow trying to purge Armani cuz you couldn't kill him. Not to mention both of you were buffed to the brim with psy buffs, you really call this pvp? Lol. This is not slander when this is clearly how you play. You FINALLY beat Armanii after his buffs ran out in the end while you still had full ep, barb and bm buffs while his cleric buffs expired. It's okay not everyone gets to be the best :')

-removed-

2ndly You pointed out a fight where I fought ArmaniEX where his faction members kept "reapplying psychic buffs on him" it is quite litterally the only reason that fight went on so long, also as an aps build sin at that time 2 years ago < < < having a purge bow is a viable pvp option for the fast hits to get a lucky proc. I don't think this video is valid to support your point. b:laugh

Now please stop writing things about me I find you as a person highly offensive and don't appreciate your nonsense. kthxbai.

OPKossy wrote: »
    And... you want to tell the mods to close the thread and think your post is valid in that how, exactly? o_O If I were to edit your post for filter circumvention, it'd turn into mostly **** all over the place....

I don't like ChevaIier most of the time. ChevaIier certainly seems to have it out for me when he feels like it... and yet that doesn't change the fact that you're the one in the wrong here.

For once, my warning in the thread isn't going to him but to you: take a chill pill and quit the raging. He's well entitled to his opinion that the most skilled people in PvP can do it self-buffed. You, on the other hand, are not entitled to the senseless flames you made in that post.

(I can't believe I'm on his side in a thread in this section. Must be having one weird dream or it's a sign of the apocalypse)

Your opinion is noted b:surrender. I'm done< with forums. I'm going back ingame where this guy can stand up or shut up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Milfhound - Harshlands
    Milfhound - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

So "naming and shaming" is something you can do, but we can't?

You don't like Chevy and make it clear. But we can't?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    We psy buffed Armani because you refused to 1v1 him without full buffs including your own psy buffs. iirc, some of the psy buff refreshes on him were my psy's which only has like 16k soulforce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited March 2014
    Options
    I don't like ChevaIier most of the time. ChevaIier certainly seems to have it out for me when he feels like it...

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    -shoots thread with bullets-
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    All you have to do is force genie. Once that's down, between shadow teleport and headhunt, you should have enough stun time to deliver enough dmg to break plume shell (or w/e that skill is called), and then kill them (yes you should be sparking for this). But i'm not too sure of the sin's skills / genie build.

It's not possible to "break" plume shell unless the cleric doesn't have mana charm...and in that case, the cleric loses only because he doesn't have the proper equipment necessary to tank a sin. But I do agree with you that cleric is one of the best 1v1 classes atm...a good endgame barb trumps just about every class atm though imo.

As far as plume shell goes it's the one spell I wish mystics could have, only because it pretty much makes you invincible to physical damage for it's entire duration, which means you can concentrate on other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So "naming and shaming" is something you can do, but we can't?

You don't like Chevy and make it clear. But we can't?

... You don't know what naming and shaming actually means, do you? b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Yuyi - Harshlands
    Yuyi - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I watched only 5 or 10 seconds of that video. That being said, I want to state 2 things.
    Cleric is the best, 1v1 class in the game hands down. Demon will probably kill you sooner, but sage will live long enough to kill you as well.

With all that being said, its actually not hard for a Sin to kill a cleric with some luck on their side. If the gears stated were correct, there should have been no reason the sin could not beat the cleric.

As for QQing about this.... idk what you raging about since the cleric that beat you wasn't like G16 or something that is non-factor. Sins are good in PvP for the surprise, spike dmg factor. But when your 1v1ing.... they will be hunting for you and only you which makes 1v1ing a sin not too hard as we got pretty low defenses.....

Point of story? R9 cleric hands down best 1v1 class in game.... (assuming the player knows how to combo and survive.)

I think I just found my future in game husband.b:cute
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I think I just found my future in game husband.b:cute

You should have a political marriage with Syntheros to join hands between Sacrament and the Bankaigods.

b:thanks right cherie?
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You should have a political marriage with Syntheros to join hands between Sacrament and the Bankaigods.

Sacrament still lives?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sacrament still lives?

Someone in Dark had lead of it and people went there, basically.

Teal dear version: Drama happened and Dark kinda dissolved. Most went to Sacrament, some went to Infamous, and a few are still left behind in Dark. Sacrament is being used because it has a guild base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options

Teal dear version: Drama happened and Dark kinda dissolved. Most went to Sacrament, some went to Infamous, and a few are still left behind in Dark. Sacrament is being used because it has a guild base.

Thanks Eoria. You should join. I'l fund you. With Fashion. <3 b:shutup
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Should be clear that when you say "most," we're talking ~120 people went Sacrament, about 6 went Infa and another ~10 or so are currently chilling in Dark for the time being.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    so u only had 136 people in dark??
    no wonder yall lost tws yall have too few cannon fodders
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    so u only had 136 people in dark??
    no wonder yall lost tws yall have too few cannon fodders

136 active people is a lot on HL my boy, a lot. FYI they were pretty good at tw. They were like 2nd strongest for a good while.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    136 active people is a lot on HL my boy, a lot. FYI they were pretty good at tw. They were like 2nd strongest for a good while.

Probably still second strongest considering how Crimson's been fairing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    honestly atm in terms of numbers & gear Infamous is the strongest but when we are talking about competitive pvp meaning equal gear and numbers then dark hands down is the strongest.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Pretty much. Not gonna lie, Dark has had numbers issues for a while. Could get them for PK, not for TW. Funny how that works, especially considering that war where we lasted 3 hours was the only war where we ever got 70+, then lolwtfbbq the people were like "WHELP WE DID IT, LET'S DISAPPEAR FOREVER NOW" and it never happened again. xD
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited March 2014
    Options

Wow people want to marry Synth to so many people.

Maybe Synth should make auditions or applications fir that. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]