Skills > Gear, to an extent

Options
ChevaIier - Harshlands
ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Dawnglory (EU)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClFNgt9JMXk

Clear example of Skill > Gear.

Sin's Gear:
Full DoT/Diety Shards, NW Cast ornaments, +12 refine.

Cleric's gear:
Full G10 Shards, NW Cast ornaments, +10/11 refine.

Observation:

Notice how cleric uses Pious entity everytime the new sin skills CD is up and plumeshell is about to drop off of cool down. Pious entity is the deaden nerves for clerics. All I can say to this is GG.
Post edited by ChevaIier - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    dat rage res
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    pretty sure ive written this before.
    skill>comparable gear.
    if ur full tt90 ur still gunna lose to a rrr9 even if that rrr9 is the worst player on the server.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Llall - Harshlands
    Llall - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Looked like a solid fight, gg.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    pretty sure ive written this before.
    skill>comparable gear.
    if ur full tt90 ur still gunna lose to a rrr9 even if that rrr9 is the worst player on the server.

Which is why it's titled "To an Extent". :P

Shard difference and cost is great though. Keep in mind Yuyi has not a single piece that is +12.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    At the start of the video is says ''Yuy Vs SyntherosX''. xD

Watch all the excuses Synth will bring, cleric's buffs, charms, lag etc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    tbch. i think that it was won by a lucky crit. that being said, the cleric is still pretty good and played it well. also it looked like synth wasnt rly fighting it. there were one or two times were had he foloed her and hit her a few more times while her charm was in cd he woulda won. not trying to be for synth or against yuyi. trying to be impartial. also. move to pvp ponderings? will get her viewer count up and also i think this kinda goes against auerlius' thread. sry auer <333
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    tbch. i think that it was won by a lucky crit. that being said, the cleric is still pretty good and played it well. also it looked like synth wasnt rly fighting it. there were one or two times were had he foloed her and hit her a few more times while her charm was in cd he woulda won. not trying to be for synth or against yuyi. trying to be impartial. also. move to pvp ponderings? will get her viewer count up and also i think this kinda goes against auerlius' thread. sry auer <333

Actually, this was the second fight. The score was 1-0, now it is 2-0.

Also, not sure if you know but NW Ornaments provide ALOT of crit, especially when Yuyi uses the G15 AA nirvana helmet. Throughout the video if you noticed while Yuyi was spamming elven boon he critted many times with it (5k, 11k, 6k, 12k...etc)

Also please don't move this. This is from Harshlands and would like it to be kept here :)
  • Yuyi - Harshlands
    Yuyi - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Actually, this was the second fight. The score was 1-0, now it is 2-0.

Also, not sure if you know but NW Ornaments provide ALOT of crit, especially when Yuyi uses the G15 AA nirvana helmet. Throughout the video if you noticed while Yuyi was spamming elven boon he critted many times with it (5k, 11k, 6k, 12k...etc)

Also please don't move this. This is from Harshlands and would like it to be kept here :)

More like criting nowadays ain't hard now that we passive Crit skill plus I have Mark of Weakness.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Nice job.

In my experience Ikazuchi Kage is a much better sin than Syntheros in 1v1, so I'd love to see a duel between Yuyi vs Kage.

Though I think Kage outgears Synth, so it might be less of a fair fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Yuyi - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Nice job.

In my experience Ikazuchi Kage is a much better sin than Syntheros in 1v1, so I'd love to see a duel between Yuyi vs Kage.

I'd take the challenge yet SyntherosX have much more damage. Checked his gear and I counted 9 Deity Stones, 4 JOSD and every other socket is a DoT.

While in the other hand Kage is full JOSD xd
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'd take the challenge yet SyntherosX have much more damage. Checked his gear and I counted 9 Deity Stones, 4 JOSD and every other socket is a DoT.

While in the other hand Kage is full JOSD xd
    where did u see the JoSDs? i saw him using deitys and DoTs but not JoSDs.
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

He was talking about Kage, who is JoSD-sharded and +12.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You know I'm just going to be the odd ball and put this out here. SyntherosX and Yuyi are both good at their classes. I'm also sure I've seen Synth kill Yuyi plenty of times and vise versa. This isn't a question of skill>Gear. It's a video of synth **** up and getting killed and Yuyi performing like she is supposed to. It happens to everyone once in a while. So ya, I think this belongs in pvp ponderings.
  • Yuyi - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options

His JOSD are on the cape ( Wings of Ascension ).
    You know I'm just going to be the odd ball and put this out here. SyntherosX and Yuyi are both good at their classes. I'm also sure I've seen Synth kill Yuyi plenty of times and vise versa. This isn't a question of skill>Gear. It's a video of synth **** up and getting killed and Yuyi performing like she is supposed to. It happens to everyone once in a while. So ya, I think this belongs in pvp ponderings.

I challenged him weeks ago and his reply was: You're not too strong.

So now that day I shot him like 3 times and he asked for 1v1 while saying I'd refuse. Of course I said sure and ended up on a 2-0. Too bad I forgot to record the first fight.. So this happens and everyone else laughs their *** off at him for some reason, yet I just wanted a clean fight.

Sure I've died many times over to the standard combo of stealth dub spark -> subsea mire and rift while being off guard. But then you can see the difference between that and an actual fight.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Well I do admit he does have kinda an ego at times. My point was he's a good sin and your a great cleric. I remember the fights we used to have a long time ago. You killed me most of the time. But, you always knew what to do and always provided a good fight. Synth though although he's good, he still has some areas he should improve upon as a player. Chief of which is underestimating people all the time.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Nice job.

Said this before and I'll say it again: It's literally hard to tell which sins are competent and which aren't because 99% of them refuse to fight a fight unless they have every advantage possible. Synth for example is tanky as hell 99% of the time, but ever catch him unbuffed? He's like a two-shot.

I remember I think 2 weeks ago Synth was asking for 1v1s and asked me if I wanted to, and my reaction wasn't "oh here we go another ego grudge match," but rather "wow I wonder how I'd do vs. him self-buffed" cause it's -literally- been months since I've seen it.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited March 2014
    Options
    quick question after rewatching this. was synth high during this? its the only explanation i have for some of the stuff he does. like the chance he has at ~1:21 to kill her (i think her hp was at like 3k) and he doesnt knife throw or anything. he just stands there like he doesnt know wth is going on
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    O wow there's an actual thread on this. Nope no excuses besides my lack of magic defense when i'm self buffed. As Longknife put it properly i'm a 2 shot to magic. I said from the beginning to Yuyi that I don't mind fighting unbuffed but I probably won't win.

I'm still working on my magic defense and since this fight I've literally made leaps and bounds. Actually to be honest maybe a week before this fight I realized I had to start working on my mdef because any other caster just keeps coming out in pvp and trick shotting me to death out of nowhere with 1 shot nonsparked magical nukes.

My character is always a work in progress and I'd love to fight again once i'm done upping my magical defenses.

Also, it should be noted that next time i'm definitely popping a spirit of defense, a self buffed 1 v 1 does not benefit the sin only the cleric in this situation haha :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Yuyi - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    quick question after rewatching this. was synth high during this? its the only explanation i have for some of the stuff he does. like the chance he has at ~1:21 to kill her (i think her hp was at like 3k) and he doesnt knife throw or anything. he just stands there like he doesnt know wth is going on

I think I saw an Pan Gu Pot somewhere at '~1:21' I don't know but if a knife throw magically bypasses it then oh well...
  • Yuyi - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    O wow there's an actual thread on this. Nope no excuses besides my lack of magic defense when i'm self buffed. As Longknife put it properly i'm a 2 shot to magic. I said from the beginning to Yuyi that I don't mind fighting unbuffed but I probably won't win.

I'm still working on my magic defense and since this fight I've literally made leaps and bounds. Actually to be honest maybe a week before this fight I realized I had to start working on my mdef because any other caster just keeps coming out in pvp and trick shotting me to death out of nowhere with 1 shot nonsparked magical nukes.

My character is always a work in progress and I'd love to fight again once i'm done upping my magical defenses.

Also, it should be noted that next time i'm definitely popping a spirit of defense, a self buffed 1 v 1 does not benefit the sin only the cleric in this situation haha :P

So you finally accept that you cannot win without extra buffs, which is WHY I made the challenge to you lol.

Everyone in the server knows that you use from archer buffs to psy buffs and even seeker buffs...

PS: LA will always be squishy, no matter what. I'm not even pure magic nor have a +12 glaive or an Emperor tome..
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited March 2014
    Options
    sry bout that. it was in the few seconds before. no igs no pots of any kind. hp is just under 5k. no knife throw, no real attack of any kind, he lets u move away and then moves. personally woulda stunned or paralyzed u. on a guy who is dealing 1-2k a hit and 5k on a crit it woulda killed u to take more then 1-2 hits. but no. he lets u walk away lets ur charm fill u up and keep it going. also, wat happened at 2:19? he comes towards u starts running away comes back. and he does this thing where he just stands there. its quite odd. quick question, and plz dont lie. did u notice deaden was off before JackieK(is this longknife or someone different?) said something?
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    sry bout that. it was in the few seconds before. no igs no pots of any kind. hp is just under 5k. no knife throw, no real attack of any kind, he lets u move away and then moves. personally woulda stunned or paralyzed u. on a guy who is dealing 1-2k a hit and 5k on a crit it woulda killed u to take more then 1-2 hits. but no. he lets u walk away lets ur charm fill u up and keep it going. also, wat happened at 2:19? he comes towards u starts running away comes back. and he does this thing where he just stands there. its quite odd. quick question, and plz dont lie. did u notice deaden was off before JackieK(is this longknife or someone different?) said something?

Please READ the title of this post again. It'l explain half of your comments in your post.

Also, it doesn't matter if Yuyi has less than 1 hp, he's been effectively using Pious everytime his plume shell wears off. So not only does he have to go through his plume shell he has to also go through a cleric's deaden.
  • Yuyi - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options

2:19 He seemed to lag. And as for the deaden off yes I did noticed it was off, I saw the heart of steel before his triple spark (More like I saw it coming for an obvious reason) so I went for the plume shot to try to kill/tick. Ticked deaden but he sparked :P
  • Isopure - Sanctuary
    Isopure - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    fighting unbuffed lol, what a carebear pvp server. that sin learned his lesson.

was expecting to see more neuma portal guy in this thread.
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Synth didnt seem that great. I didnt see any smart playing in terms of genie usage and CC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Synth didnt seem that great. I didnt see any smart playing in terms of genie usage and CC.

He's not. He's just our second-best geared sin, I think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So you finally accept that you cannot win without extra buffs, which is WHY I made the challenge to you lol.

Everyone in the server knows that you use from archer buffs to psy buffs and even seeker buffs...

PS: LA will always be squishy, no matter what. I'm not even pure magic nor have a +12 glaive or an Emperor tome..

Your challenge was made slanted for your victory, Because in a real fight I would have easily clicked one of the hundreds of "Spirit of Defense's" in my inventory If I were to be purged. And your defenses trump mine anyday and if you wish to debate that I mean .. you tanked a good bunch of my faction like it was a stroll in the park. So 1 guy trying to break through your shells isn't that easy. http://youtu.be/XzYiyX8rjdc?t=14m23s

I was indeed slightly lagging And I clearly remember saying REALLY NOW I LAG SERIOUSLY? it could have been over so much sooner. But in the end I expected to lose anyhow as my mdef was very low there, keeps rising everyday though :D I can't wait to fight again " this time forreal " no "you can't use buffs" nonsense, she hits too hard for any Assassin to pretend to tank it self buffed.
    Please READ the title of this post again. It'l explain half of your comments in your post.

Also, it doesn't matter if Yuyi has less than 1 hp, he's been effectively using Pious everytime his plume shell wears off. So not only does he have to go through his plume shell he has to also go through a cleric's deaden.

I have nothing to say to dignify your post, If i'm not mistaken that was a prod towards naming / Shaming, as a matter of fact is this entire thread trying to Shame me? b:angry BankaiGOD's Fight through the HURT, Fight through the PAIN-Without the Ache there is no GAIN - And i've gained so much for mdef since my last fight I might as well be an arcane assassin lol!

I did see how great her nationwar cast ornaments are, I think i'll upgrade that on my Assassin next because those ornaments are friggin OP !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • _Disaster - Harshlands
    _Disaster - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Mage classes will always kill sins unless they're a lowbie or poorly geared, we only get a advantage if we stun them and get the first hit. Synth hasn't personally done anything to me for me to pick on him like a lot of other people are xD I will say hes a decent assassin. and if he wasn't fully buffed then no wonder they kicked his butt, sins are meant to be buffed and decently geared.b:cute
  • JYUUU - Harshlands
    JYUUU - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Mage classes will always kill sins unless they're a lowbie or poorly geared, we only get a advantage if we stun them and get the first hit. Synth hasn't personally done anything to me for me to pick on him like a lot of other people are xD I will say hes a decent assassin. and if he wasn't fully buffed then no wonder they kicked his butt, sins are meant to be buffed and decently geared.b:cute

lol, yea forgot they made sins to kill HA
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

I lol'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute