"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    are there any actualy tips on how to win tw or is this just a we hate u dark/crimson/infamous thread? can someone explain who hates who? its getting hard to keep track.

In a nutshell this is the story:

Top four factions in TW are Infamous, Dark, Crimson, Mayhem in that order.

Despite what the rules may say, every major faction basically has an alt faction for lulz and we all leave each other be and respect that. This season, at the start Infamous had 3 or 4 (forget, but Lannister, Catalyst and Absinthe for sure).

Infamous PMed both Crimson and Dark's leaders and encouraged them to wage war on one another, offering to help stack. Dark and Crimson leaders actually TALKED to one another and realized hey, these guys have like 250mil income while we have 100mil or so and they're trying to get us to waste time fighting each other while they sit down on the southern half of the map collecting free coin. Infamous is ALREADY the best geared faction by a landslide (Kev made a list, think for example Infa vs. Dark was like 34v14 on the +12 wep and +10 armor or greater count, and I honestly can name several Infa with JOSD and not many Dark with them) and this shows in their TW (at times you'll have Infa members holy pathing up past defense entirely, and whether you coordinate or not won't stop it because their gear is just too good to kill THAT fast; barbs can't be sniped cause 14 clerics in the sky, killing clerics is the answer but they'll still make progress) so both Crimson and Dark agreed waging war on one another is idiotic because it will only allow the gear gap to grow: best to just bomb the hell out of Infamous so at least SOMEONE can catch up.

Mayhem was PMed, Mayhem immediately agreed, all three factions began stacking Infamous and it's alt guilds/allies. Infamous literally has abysmal TW income this season (currently at 3 lands, was at 2) and both Mayhem and Crimson are cashing out.

Dark is being hate-targeted by Infamous. Why? Not sure, but don't care. Like it that way cause it means their coin is getting burned that much faster. Infamous has tried splitting Dark-Mayhem and lost, but has never attempted Mayhem-Crimson. Either it's an emotional decision (AKA a bad one), Infa feels betrayed because Dark and Infa worked together last season or who knows what.

Meanwhile both are constantly accusing each other of being mad which is pathetic, stupid and lulzy. I just find it stupid that people constantly demonize the other side and assume all the worst traits, but of course their side is calm and smart and clever and all the good words in the world. What's that you say? Maybe the other side is acting similar to yours...? Nonsense, they're angry and killing babies and evil and all the bad things in the world!!

So in a nutshell, the top TW faction is being denied TW. Thus all the heat.

also y does dark seem to be the only one at the cool event things? noticed that today. buncha red named dark ppl killing and picking **** but very few of any1 else

Because quite ironically, while Infamous controls TW (or at least wins 1v1, doesn't control the map or politics obviously), Dark controls the PK which extends to the events. Infa's got a guild composition that's pretty TW focused and it kinda shows. Like a lot of their clerics, when I encounter them in PK, get absolutely rolled and have no idea what to do, so you get the sense that they're very used to being safely positioned behind a wall of archers and not so keen on leaving that comfort zone. So yeah, PK -typically- goes to Dark and sort of as a result, now Infa has a numbers issue with PK (they'll never get as much as Dark) much like Dark's number issue with TW.

And that's a point I love rubbing in. b:kiss I question why bother staying in Infamous if it's a guild that offers you nothing but a brief TW every week and nothing more.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The only time we split Dark-Mayhem was that one week when Mayhem ****ed up the bid order and the stack ended up Mayhem->Crimson->Dark. So of course we do the logical thing and figure Mayhem will be dumb and expect us to no show and thus we just full guild push and end in six minutes while OX and a couple other people build towers in Dark. We won both wars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The only time we split Dark-Mayhem was that one week when Mayhem ****ed up the bid order and the stack ended up Mayhem->Crimson->Dark. So of course we do the logical thing and figure Mayhem will be dumb and expect us to no show and thus we just full guild push and end in six minutes while OX and a couple other people build towers in Dark. We won both wars.

There was that one and another. That one the time gap was obviously a nightmare for us, another I distinctly remember a split and a loss. Likewise there have been minor attempts here and there (1-2?), and you guys pull out of Mayhem.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It was the Dark - AL split you lost to, which is basically the same thing, since AL barely even qualifies as a TW faction atm.

Regardless, TW atm has been reduced to junk time again b/c of all the merges infa did to counter Dark, so not many people really care atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It was the Dark - AL split you lost to, which is basically the same thing, since AL barely even qualifies as a TW faction atm.

Yeah this could be right, though there were 1-2 where they attempted a split and had to bail.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The only split we lost was the one Dark-AL split where the server decided it wanted to lag everyone out. Pretty much it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    Scenario 1.
    Infamous defends only Dark war. Losing some lands to Mayhem and Crimson. Dark gets mad for defending their war. Mayhem and Crimson sit back and enjoy while no one bids them.

Scenario 2.
    Infamous defends Mayhem and Crimson war, losing the Dark war. Dark gets pwi boners, makes fun of them for not showing up. Mayhem and Crimson sit back and enjoy while no one bids them.

No matter what Infamous decides to do, Dark will complain. So Infamous takes the obvious route of defending the Dark war to troll Dark because they know it will **** Dark off (see world chat and forums for proof)

and here is your answer if scenario 2 would happen (kinda like how dark is doing now):

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1674151

enjoy b:pleased
  • phaeton427
    phaeton427 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Almost everything Longknife said is true except the part about Dark reaching out to Mayhem.

Mayhem actually reached out to Dark.

Otherwise continue with the healthy discussion.

LW
    Trolling trolls since 1993.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Tips on how to win TW.

#1. Ask an other faction to fake bid so you know you will get a no show and win without even fight.

GG.

That was the tip on how win a TW lame version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy, let our pro server reach 200 posts thread finally!!
  • Jekel - Harshlands
    Jekel - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Tips on how to win TW.

#1. Ask an other faction to fake bid so you know you will get a no show and win without even fight.

GG.

That was the tip on how win a TW lame version.

c'mon cherie, u actually think i asked syntheros to bid dark so we could get a no show? lol we 1 pushed dark the last 5 tw's... why would we need to do that??
    edited February 2014
    Options
    c'mon cherie, u actually think i asked syntheros to bid dark so we could get a no show? lol we 1 pushed dark the last 5 tw's... why would we need to do that??

Isn't it a thread to share tips on how to win TW? I'm just sharing one. =)

We all know that you don't need Synth to win a TW.

I have no idea what was Synth strategy by fake bidding, maybe someone can ask him to share with us. b:cute

Is it me or that smell like a mod is around? b:shocked

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options

Is it me or that smell like a mod is around? b:shocked

Nope. Dunno what gives you that crazy idea. f:gone
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Nope. Dunno what gives you that crazy idea. f:gone

Kossy, you got any tips on how to win TW? =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Kossy, you got any tips on how to win TW? =3

Oh that's easy.

Mass ticket the opposing faction's leadership so they all get banned over stupid **** your faction does too. Just make sure that you time it so that they don't get to counter with ticket spam before TW. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Oh that's easy.

Mass ticket the opposing faction's leadership so they all get banned over stupid **** your faction does too. Just make sure that you time it so that they don't get to counter with ticket spam before TW. b:cute

LOL. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    opkossy wrote: »
    oh That's Easy.

Mass Ticket The Opposing Faction's Leadership So They All Get Banned Over Stupid **** Your Faction Does Too. Just Make Sure That You Time It So That They Don't Get To Counter With Ticket Spam Before Tw. B:cute

Hey Thats From The Archo Tw Skill Book
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Dr_red - Harshlands
    Dr_red - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Oh that's easy.

qft

/5chars
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options

Wtf I already took responsibility for that.
    Synth asked if we bid them, I said yes, he immediately bid us llololololol. Did it cause I knew a LOT of people were sick of Bankai running their mouths and figured "**** it, people might appreciate this little break."

Then the guy giving speeches about fighting the good fight and all the evil-doers no-showed and immediately broke the rules and that was funny too.
    The only split we lost was the one Dark-AL split where the server decided it wanted to lag everyone out. Pretty much it.

Then please, kindly attempt to split next week if you're so confident it was the lag that stopped a dual-defense. I said it then and you guys DID pick up on it: you're foolish if you blame the lag for that. You guys pushed a side lane ffs, had little-to-no defense, like 2 catas (can't recall, only remember there weren't four) and supposedly had maybe one leader present in the war. Both sides DCed, but Infa lost because of a poor initial push plan and no guidance afterwards. Literally everyone on defense DCed except JackieK, who I told to NOT engage anyone and instead just keep an eye on towers and offense's progress so I could keep our offense updated on if they were winning the push or not.

Sorry Eo but some stuff like this? I'm pretty sure you know what the result would be. This is like how you run around saying "we lost 3 hour offense war" and conveniently fail to mention the part where your crystal dropped to 5mil and Dark only spent the last 30 minutes turtling, as if to imply we spent the entire time turtling and never attempted the crystal: hell no, you guys were losing the entire war and it was only after one last risky attempt for your crystal that DIDN'T pay off that we turtled; we actively put our crystal in danger at the end just for the sake of TRYING to win before 3 hours, then only rationalized for full defense after that didn't work.

You don't see me claiming "omg Dark best faction ever we win vs. Infa no prob dey hackin," so at least be honest about what you can and can't do in return.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I was not in that half of the split so idk what really happened there. I was assigned over to AL where three out of the four people we had set to pull cata in there as well as the majority of the two squads that were assigned there DC'd right as the war started. Having to wait for people to reconnect essentially killed it.

But it's w/e.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.