godmode play style

Options
13»

Comments

• Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ummm, wasn't it you who was displeased that well geared ppl can solo PV etc? I'd say vice versa, my approach benefits more ppl, than yours. Game is for fun, not for hard labour like one more half time job. But of course definition of fun is individual for everyone. If you want hard labour, you can find it without any problems. Game provides such opportunities :))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ummm, wasn't it you who was displeased that well geared ppl can solo PV etc? I'd say vice versa, my approach benefits more ppl, than yours. Game is for fun, not for hard labour like one more half time job. But of course definition of fun is individual for everyone. If you want hard labour, you can find it without any problems. Game provides such opportunities :))

Your words are like mix of the opposite opinions.
    If in game will be level 105 players only, which say, that their "approach benefits more ppl", then all around will be agree with them.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Toliman, where is contradiction and what did you want to say by that? It was my reply to Brillance who called for limiting some players in their activities. I conversely said game is more fun when it's flexible and suited for as many ppl as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Toliman, where is contradiction and what did you want to say by that? It was my reply to Brillance who called for limiting some players in their activities. I conversely said game is more fun when it's flexible and suited for as many ppl as possible.

When power can be bought and labor is method of game for those, who can not pay, then where is "fun" ?
    Edit:
    And sorry, if I will not be able to reply today.
    Too busy.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Start of rant. lol.

Everyone has the right to play this game as they wish, but creating an easy way for players to reach the high level PvP aspect is just silly. Sry.
    After playing all sorts of PvP for ~25 years it did not take long to realize that people are as predictable as mobs.

The mobs use a random number generator to mostly decide the outcome and it is not always the same result.

Players on the other hand are creatures of habit and given time can be beaten consistently once their combat habits are known.

It does not take long, and then the game makers have to change the skill set regularly because of the fact that for any classes attack strategy is based on their skill and gear sets, and will end up with a set defence strategy from the other classes.

The use of a random number generator for the initial attacks and defence Procs. has improved the situation for PvP but still leaves you with limited attack cycles and defence cycles no matter what you do, and this becomes just as predictable as PvE play.

The thing that separates MMORPG play from others styles such as online RTS and MMOFPS/TPS is that you are supposed to use the PvE/RP play to achieve the gear and skills to reach effective PvP play and should not be entitled to be there without playing the RPG part and earning the right to be there.

I know some will think that I am stuck in the past, but I call it Past Experience, play as long as I have and you will see what I mean.

If you find the RPG boring in an MMORPG then maybe, you have went to the wrong style of game and would be happier if you went to an MMOFPS/TPS where the game is designed to
    get you to end game PvP fast.

This obsession with PvP changes in this game has been the biggest factor in **** me over every time I reached a personal PvE goal within the game and the main reason I hardly log in any more. I started playing a game that was RP with some aspects of PvP and now its a PvP game with some RP aspects.

I can understand the changes as it will appeal to those who have limited past experience with gaming and short attention spans, but completely ignores players like me who believe you must play a role in an MMORPG to achieve any goal.

As an example I and a group of my friends worked for years to reach the required gear and skill levels needed to go to Nirvana instance as a goal and just as we were able to enter they changed the game play and made the mats available to any idiot via NW tokens and this destroyed any sense of achievement we had, so my friends just up and left and I do not blame them either.

God mode in any game just cheats players in the end.

End of rant. lol
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    When power can be bought and labor is method of game for those, who can not pay, then where is "fun" ?
    You don't like f2p scheme probably. There are a lot of p2p game where you can find something to your liking and be in same conditions with other players.
    Everyone has the right to play this game as they wish, but creating an easy way for players to reach the high level PvP aspect is just silly. Sry.
    God mode in any game just cheats players in the end.

If you call current situation in PWI godmode...
    Ppl who worked hard on their gear (or bought it, which means they worked irl) deserve easier and faster PvE than lazy ones who didn't lift a finger to farm a charm or pots. They get good equips exactly for that: to make their game play more enjoyable. Why do they lvl farming alts and spend loads of money for their gear? To kill their own fun? You don't like godmode? Prefer to struggle every step instead of having fun? Feel free to. Wear hh90, don't refine it, don't buy pots, don't use genie.

After playing all sorts of PvP for ~25 years it did not take long to realize that people are as predictable as mobs.

Players on the other hand are creatures of habit and given time can be beaten consistently once their combat habits are known.
    Ppl are not mobs, everyone can make mistakes, random options can **** your favorite combos easily, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise