Options
1235»

Comments

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    no it wasn't

that is not where i am drawing the reference from. Jarkhen you can honestly tell me the barb stun is not broken, or that purge/crit every attack, or zerk/crit every attack is not a problem? anytime you make an attack without a proper defense it's a problem. help me out this sunday when i make the vid please. i look forward to hearing your thoughts on the matter in person [so to speak].

My 75% crit once I finish rbing/getting passives will be nothing significant considering I was already at 63% and hitting a hell of a lot less than arcanes (when was the last time you got hit for 20k by a LA? I've been hit that hard by a sin exactly once since I got my r9, and never by an archer, but I get hit for that much semi-regularly from casters or seekers - yes, that includes clerics).

That said, if I'm on at the time, hit me up and we'll see how it goes.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    My 75% crit once I finish rbing/getting passives will be nothing significant considering I was already at 63% and hitting a hell of a lot less than arcanes (when was the last time you got hit for 20k by a LA? I've been hit that hard by a sin exactly once since I got my r9, and never by an archer, but I get hit for that much semi-regularly from casters or seekers - yes, that includes clerics).

That said, if I'm on at the time, hit me up and we'll see how it goes.

the potential for 85+ exists and whe you see it in action you will understand what i mean, this sunday i am doing it. ty for helping out
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    the potential for 85+ exists and whe you see it in action you will understand what i mean, this sunday i am doing it. ty for helping out

The highest a demon archer can reasonably get is ~80% base - 105/105/105, white wings, maxed dex engravings (~+70). Compare that to the previous reasonable cap of ~65%: 1.8/1.65 => 9.1% damage bonus.

Even arcanes get a 7% (8%?) crit bonus from the passive: 1.17/1.1 => 6.3% damage bonus.

So while AAs may not get quite the same amount of damage bonus from extra crit that LAs do, they still get a significant portion of it.

Note that arcanes also benefit from that skill damage passive that hardly helps archers since we mostly rely on autoattacks, and that a sin's Powerdash is damn near worthless at base crit levels this high.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    As a bm, if i find such a barb, i make it very hard for them to move. Other dd take care of the kill, while i do the charm ticking and hfing. You had a cleric, could have kept the barb in place for eons, along with the psy.

We do have issues taking down cata barbs on our servers in nw, but it just takes team work on all the people involved. Such times, those cata barbs arma like anything.

Sorry for the late reply went to bed after I posted my comment.

We kept him lock down as much as we could, as soon as we caught him. (kitty's run fast with chargers f:laugh ) We beat on him for about 3 minutes, reason I know this is because my BV was almost out of cool down when he finally capture the flag. I just cannot fathom how he was able to absorb that much elemental damage, especially from a psychic that powerful and my bow proc lowers your gear elemental resistance by 50%. And that very same psychic has done 30k+ crits on me in other NWs, unsparked, not even trying.

But then again since I reawakened I've noticed I've been killing people in G16 heavy armor just by using quickshot

So it seems like it goes from one extreme to the other. While that barb was obviously way over the top, at the same time I don't think I should be able to kill people in G16 HA with a physical attack.
    The highest a demon archer can reasonably get is ~80% base - 105/105/105, white wings, maxed dex engravings (~+70). Compare that to the previous reasonable cap of ~65%: 1.8/1.65 => 9.1% damage bonus.

This looks promising. So as a sage archer, thanks to quickshot, I could get up to a 90% crit rate. And since the skill is completely spammable, it's basically the same as having a crit rate of 90%. At that high, it would be rare for you not to land a critical hit.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Cleric getting killed 1v1 by equal geared archer?

Yeah skill problem there. Learn to play your class and stop whining on the forums.

Clerics/Sins are two of the strongest 1v1 classes.

Archers are one the, if not the, weakest 1v1 classes, but excel at mass pvp.

Also sidenote; your point about the archer getting damage from one stat, yes, and WTFFF do casters get their attack from, could it be the mag stat I wonder? Have you been stating str all this time?

Also when you are debuffed, you rebuff, problem solved? Ok so maybe you get debuffed and then stunned so you might die from a few crits.

Solution: Get fortify on your genie. I mean if you havent already Idk what game you've been playing. So use that when you get purged, you'll resist the stun, now depending on cultivation you can either plume shell or vanguardians. Then rebuff.

Also if he rebirthed and leveled and you were lazier than didnt keep up, well your spirit will be lower, you will have less stats, yoy also wont have the same passives, defence one especially helps a tonne.

Seriously. The attitude of omg I lost the other class must be BROKEN QQ forum threads are getting very old.

Caster dont get crit from their main stat..like archers and sins.. and we cant just auto attack and one shot everything.

if they honestly wanted to balance out the classes they would do 3 things.

1. make r9 unversal so eachbuild can pick and choose what r9 is best for their build including weapons.
    2. change crit so that each classes main stat effects their crit rate. and so crit will only have a chance to proc on the first attack of aps or one time during a string attack of 5 aps.
    3. either lower attack.. or boast defense levels so that they are on eqaul terms.

until they change LA to Lower other's chance to crit instead of evasion.. LA will never have a use in pvp with the way the game has moved over the years.. because it dosnt hold anything that gives it a outstanding perk to make it worth losing physical defense or magic defense. either of wich can be made up with orniments or what not. but no matter what you do you will never have the same as an AA or HA build. so what is the reason for going LA in todays day and age.. and surly isnt Evasion.. Evasion meens nothing in our age of APS and Zerk Crit..

with that being said.. i also feel all buffs that increase evasion should also be changed so that they reduce another chance of crit.. acurccy should be alterd also to that in can be a small balanced counter to add a chance of crit.

honestly i think this would balance out more then what we might think. it would give a purpose to LA and Acc Shards/gems if people want a better crit they will take a lesser physical attack/magic attack. bringing down their base damge margin slightly. and bring a more balanced aspect to all of our favorit big number crit.. a crit is suposed to be a blow of chance after all.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Caster don't get crit from their main stat..like archers and sins.. and we cant just auto attack and one shot everything.

1. make r9 universal so each build can pick and choose what r9 is best for their build including weapons.
    2. change crit so that each classes main stat effects their crit rate. and so crit will only have a chance to proc on the first attack of aps or one time during a string attack of 5 aps.
    3. either lower attack.. or boast defense levels so that they are on equal terms.

until they change LA to Lower other's chance to crit instead of evasion.. LA will never have a use in pvp with the way the game has moved over the years.. because it doesn't hold anything that gives it a outstanding perk to make it worth losing physical defense or magic defense. either of which can be made up with ornaments or what not. but no matter what you do you will never have the same as an AA or HA build. so what is the reason for going LA in today's day and age.. and surly isn't Evasion.. Evasion means nothing in our age of APS and Zerk Crit..

with that being said.. i also feel all buffs that increase evasion should also be changed so that they reduce another chance of crit.. accuracy should be altered also to that in can be a small balanced counter to add a chance of crit.

honestly i think this would balance out more then what we might think. it would give a purpose to LA and Acc Shards/gems if people want a better crit they will take a lesser physical attack/magic attack. bringing down their base damage margin slightly. and bring a more balanced aspect to all of our favorite big number crit.. a crit is supposed to be a blow of chance after all.

ok here's a start we can extrapolate on..what do you guys think? btw+1
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Caster dont get crit from their main stat..like archers and sins.. and we cant just auto attack and one shot everything.

1. make r9 unversal so eachbuild can pick and choose what r9 is best for their build including weapons.
    3. either lower attack.. or boast defense levels so that they are on eqaul terms.

until they change LA to Lower other's chance to crit instead of evasion.. LA will never have a use in pvp with the way the game has moved over the years.. because it dosnt hold anything that gives it a outstanding perk to make it worth losing physical defense or magic defense. either of wich can be made up with orniments or what not. but no matter what you do you will never have the same as an AA or HA build. so what is the reason for going LA in todays day and age.. and surly isnt Evasion.. Evasion meens nothing in our age of APS and Zerk Crit..

with that being said.. i also feel all buffs that increase evasion should also be changed so that they reduce another chance of crit.. acurccy should be alterd also to that in can be a small balanced counter to add a chance of crit.

honestly i think this would balance out more then what we might think. it would give a purpose to LA and Acc Shards/gems if people want a better crit they will take a lesser physical attack/magic attack. bringing down their base damge margin slightly. and bring a more balanced aspect to all of our favorit big number crit.. a crit is suposed to be a blow of chance after all.

Well considering how much r9 costs it should also come with a house boy named Raoul who rubs my feet while I play the game. f:money

That point aside I was actually disappointed when I got my rrr9. I went from wearing r8r to rrr9 and due to the rolls I had on my old gear my elemental resistance actually dropped by quite a large amount, I was rather surprised. And my HP barely changed as well. The only thing I really noticed was since archers get 100 extra dex from having 3 pieces I started hitting harder, but when it came to defense I noticed very little change at all.

But if I had the choice, I would not be wearing LA armor. I think that's a great idea being able to chose what kind of armor you can wear. I would be more than willing to sacrifice attack for more defense.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    guy's i am online but not at home
    post here plz i'll check in
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Neither can archers on endgame geared characters.

sure
    Do you know how powerful a guaranteed crit is for a caster? There's a class that already has that btw, be glad it's not on a heavier hitting class.
    Physical classes hit like 1k with base attacks. Why do you think drawn out 1v1's involve BMs and sins using a Purge weapon? With the new passive, every class is going to have even more defense.

More like evasion does nothing against magic and 100% to hit skills. Barbs have the spammable Mighty Swing that is 100% hit, for example.

As it stands now archers need a string of crits to kill endgame chars, that's already a chance. For example, critting 5 times with 70% crit is about 17% chance, that's 17% chance I can kill an endgame heavy using ZTP before his charm ticks, if not, I've wasted a pill, a spark, and the heavy is going to rebuff.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Definitely some good ideas there.

Personally I'd like to see something like "Attack Rating".
    Right now if someone gets high defense the only thing you can do is to use a debuff to lower their defense or get insanely high attack to overpower their defense.

PWI has gone the route of getting everyone overwhelming attack. The problem is that this attack is far too powerful when attacking lower geared people.

I'd rather see "attack rating" come into play which doesn't actually raise your base attack damage but simply mitigates the reduction defense would have on your attack. That means you can still get around people's high defense but without completely destroying lower geared players.

This stat can be attached to some skills too so that lower geared players have a few options that would be effective at dealing decent damage to higher geared players.

We don't have any stat that does this as things like spirit and attack level raise your attack across the board instead of only on high defense targets.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Definitely some good ideas there.

Personally I'd like to see something like "Attack Rating".
    Right now if someone gets high defense the only thing you can do is to use a debuff to lower their defense or get insanely high attack to overpower their defense.

PWI has gone the route of getting everyone overwhelming attack. The problem is that this attack is far too powerful when attacking lower geared people.

I'd rather see "attack rating" come into play which doesn't actually raise your base attack damage but simply mitigates the reduction defense would have on your attack. That means you can still get around people's high defense but without completely destroying lower geared players.

This stat can be attached to some skills too so that lower geared players have a few options that would be effective at dealing decent damage to higher geared players.

We don't have any stat that does this as things like spirit and attack level raise your attack across the board instead of only on high defense targets.

Agree, lower geared people suffers more, especially from attack level.

For example someone with the cap 95% armor defense would tank even 50 attack level easily , compared to someone with only 50% armor defense.

with 95% armor defense the damage received is only 5%, even if the attacker has like A-D = 50, this 5% damage is amplified by 1.5 = 7.5% , his armor defense is still at 92.5%, 50 atk level difference deals only 2.5% more damage from raw damage.

for lower gear people with 70% armor defense for example , the damage received is 30%, with the same A-D = 50, 30% damage becomes 30% * 1.5 = 45%, his armor defense went from 70% to 55%, 50 atk level difference deals 15% more damage from raw damage.

@Asterelle : Could you please update PWpedia damage section, with spirits put into the equation, I saw your other post with spirits somewhere.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Please excuse the poor excuse for a camera and complete lack of editing. First 3 ended pretty quickly with back-to-back zerks. Ran out of time before NW. Otherwise would have done more.

The video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9GEQwsHmLE

Toraah Stats:
    http://oi62.tinypic.com/2z4e35l.jpg

Auerlius stats:
    http://oi57.tinypic.com/2h5oh3s.jpg

Also, the stats on the right are me in troll dreamchaser gear, ignore that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Please excuse the poor excuse for a camera and complete lack of editing. First 3 ended pretty quickly with back-to-back zerks. Ran out of time before NW. Otherwise would have done more.

The video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9GEQwsHmLE

Toraah Stats:
    http://oi62.tinypic.com/2z4e35l.jpg

Auerlius stats:
    http://oi57.tinypic.com/2h5oh3s.jpg

Also, the stats on the right are me in troll dreamchaser gear, ignore that.

b:surrender 127 atk levels because my chill was not buffed when stats were SS'd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I actually captured that in the middle of your first fight. I thought it looked fishy but I scrapped the first video so I couldn't double check.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    any1 sides me from archo think its funny that the first ~20 posts from non auerlius ppl are telling him to learn how to play cleric?
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    any1 sides me from archo think its funny that the first ~20 posts from non auerlius ppl are telling him to learn how to play cleric?

Im not from archo but i do think its funny how the first 6-8 pages of this thread were tellin auerlius to learn how to play his class when he clearly knows how to hold his own in a pk fight. Plus he has every right to be concerned bout class balance and how pw always seem to mess up their own content updates and expansions by having things that get broken, bugged, glitched or missing. I ended up reading all 13 pages of this to see how it would go on replies.

To me kossy didnt have one bit of solid ground to stand on by claiming that auerlius would have to learn how to play as a cleric when auerlius already knws how to do his class well. If someone was to claim that they are the best on the server, its one of two things: 1) it could be cause they are a really skilled player or 2) they just happen to have the best gear while being able to mow over everyone in pk, this i think qualifies as the 1st answer. Now regarding kossy, i dont think he had any right to be insulting and or name calling on auerlius just cause he was making a statement on how unbalanced the classes are. This is no reflection on the rest of the forum mods who do a good reasonable job. But i think that kossy should of acted in a more professional manner than he did instead of replying with insults and possibly name calling.

Now regarding class balance, ya have to step carefully when doing this or it might backfire on the entire game itself. 1st off, if players want balance again in pw then something is going to have to give. Like the elmination of r9 or some how nerf r9 severly like Miugre/Ligerking has said on the state of pwi thread.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21171101&postcount=93

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21165301&postcount=74

Only by then can we possibly look at a refresher of pw in a possitive way.
    2nd would have to be the lvl cap on FF to put a halt on pwrlvling since it too has its disasterous affects. Having players who dont knw their class would be like a beaver not knowing the difference between a lodge and a dam. So if we want to see players knowing their classes and classes being balanced, than this is or if not the only way to revitalize the game.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    i hate to tell u this van but there is no point in capping ff anymore. if we had done that earlier(before nw or rrr9 came out) we might have had the chance at making people learn their class.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Im not from archo but i do think its funny how the first 6-8 pages of this thread were tellin auerlius to learn how to play his class when he clearly knows how to hold his own in a pk fight. Plus he has every right to be concerned bout class balance and how pw always seem to mess up their own content updates and expansions by having things that get broken, bugged, glitched or missing. I ended up reading all 13 pages of this to see how it would go on replies.

To me kossy didnt have one bit of solid ground to stand on by claiming that auerlius would have to learn how to play as a cleric when auerlius already knws how to do his class well. If someone was to claim that they are the best on the server, its one of two things: 1) it could be cause they are a really skilled player or 2) they just happen to have the best gear while being able to mow over everyone in pk, this i think qualifies as the 1st answer. Now regarding kossy, i dont think he had any right to be insulting and or name calling on auerlius just cause he was making a statement on how unbalanced the classes are. This is no reflection on the rest of the forum mods who do a good reasonable job. But i think that kossy should of acted in a more professional manner than he did instead of replying with insults and possibly name calling.

Now regarding class balance, ya have to step carefully when doing this or it might backfire on the entire game itself. 1st off, if players want balance again in pw then something is going to have to give. Like the elmination of r9 or some how nerf r9 severly like Miugre/Ligerking has said on the state of pwi thread.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21171101&postcount=93

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21165301&postcount=74

Only by then can we possibly look at a refresher of pw in a possitive way.
    2nd would have to be the lvl cap on FF to put a halt on pwrlvling since it too has its disasterous affects. Having players who dont knw their class would be like a beaver not knowing the difference between a lodge and a dam. So if we want to see players knowing their classes and classes being balanced, than this is or if not the only way to revitalize the game.
    ty this has been my point from the jump, funny how all the mods are quiet now but i welcome suggestions thought and such. there is a vid now for a point of reference, so speak up. you too venus.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Agree, lower geared people suffers more, especially from attack level.
    possibly add in, 'the more crit you have, the slower you attack' o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Moderators are regular players who volunteer to moderate the forums and help out.

PWE is only publishing/licensing the games. PWE doesn't develop anything for PWI. PWE has no power over PWI other than fixing spelling error. All the content, patches, fixes and updates come from Wanmei/PWCN.

Classes are more or less balanced. They have weaknesses and advantages among other classes. Clerics and Assassins are great 1v1 classes for instance. Venomancers shine a lot in group PvP when they are on support, Archers are great for mass PvP etc.

Everyone can have a strong character if they gear it up and learn how to play...

They have a test server on PWCN and run stuff there though I don't deny they don't do enough testing before releasing content.

Why do you care about how people spend their money? It's their own business and choice.

I don't want to be rude but judging from the your posts for the past couple of days it sounds like you lack gear, skill or knowledge in PvP. You commented implying that Clerics are useless for PvP by listing certain classes as the ones that only matter. Clerics are amazing classes in PvP for support and 1v1s.

the vid is up now go look
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Guess since you made another thread, I can close this one.
This discussion has been closed.