Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    utterly utterly terrible indeed f:fan

f:naughty

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I like how you've insulted all of us mods because you have a disagreement with Kossy and then try to lecture her on manners....

Anyway OP, I do got a suggestion for you. And that's to make a post in the cleric forum and ask for some tips from other endgame clerics on how to better understand your class. Then go out there with other endgame people and practice. Get yourself some better cards as well. A lot of people might say you are the best cleric, but please realize they say that about most of the people with your level of gear. And you probably CAN beat most people on the server. But that's because your gear. If people with equal gear are kicking your *** and by all accounts on paper they shouldn't be able to, then it's time to admit perhaps they might simply be more skilled. It's not a reason to get mad. I fully admit that I'm not that good at PVP. What I do know about it, i've learned from reading and from playing little low levels in nation wars. But applying strategies i've learned on the forums and practicing, i'm able to kill people who by all accounts should have an easy time beating me. I've gotten plenty of whispers that I'm surprisingly strong for someone of my gear level. And i've been pulling in decent token amounts for someone who is purposefully and consistently on the weakest tier of gear. And i've only been able to do that by admitting I'm terrible. Taking advice and steadily but surely improving each week. When I think about some of the things i used to do, i facepalm. But that's how you grow as a player. By admitting you could learn a few things and going out and practicing them, instead of blaming everything else around you for your failure.

BTW some of the clerics you are arguing with here, have great gear and everyone knows it. Listen to advice and stop being so defensive.

And this is actually a lesson you can extrapolate to life, as the saying goes "You can't learn anything you think you already know."

instead of telling me how i should act why not just explain things i can do. if i have done them already i will say so. if i haven't then i will try it. Venus i would never place you in the same category as people who are automatically gonna assume i am wrong and and bad player. as far as carrying the lessons from here to life, i mean no disrespect but you do not know me. aside from this post and a few others we have not really ever spoken or hung out for you to say these things.

it is easy to sit from afar and spout eloquent philosophies at someone. what is irritating is you guys make claims like it is so easy. first off anyone who pk's with me on my server can tell you, i am practitioner of emptying my cup when i come across a scenario that i cannot surpass. but why should i have to say this?

this is the problem: everything i try is not enough, when i am facing certain classes. part of the problem is too much power from one stat is magnified by rebirthing. on top that crit heavy classes can purchase even more crit potiential thereby making practically every attack inflict double damage. so far nothing any one you [mods] have said has been something to the effect of try this set up or work around with this combo. instead one by one you have made appearances to defend OP when if you just read the thread she has been on the attack from jump. and then you ask me why i am being so defensive?

i need neither your support nor your agreement. what i need is solid answers. As mods that is what i look to you for. not commentary on how unskilled i am or how i am a failure. talk like that makes it so people dont wanna speak out against the game. especially if you continually belittle their confidence when they finally do decide to speak up as i have.

PS: i only try to pk people with my gear or better, the problem with me has never been gear. it has always been class balance. and yes we have practiced in npc gear and the new master work gear. when someone is undergeared in comparison to me i gear down before we pk. so you see, all those statements you are making are relatively pointless as is the need to prove any of this. i have however, spoken to a friend of mind, she will make the vid and then send me the link so i can post. if you all need to see what i am saying because of my ineptitude to portray the events in a manner which does not cause people to see red and go on the attack to defend this game, then so be it.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, I read it all. b:thanks
    my last one was most important! f:sneaky it hides the dark dark reality

n yeah i agree with thunder, alot of useful things skipped over, pple too blind really they just focus on the arguement
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • HaxNinja - Heavens Tear
    HaxNinja - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    ... So if we don't agree with this we're trolls? Really?

And it's rather interesting that you've come to this conclusion that now that you're losing most of your fights there's suddenly a problem but were perfectly content when you won almost all of them.

Aside from that, your reasoning sucks. The game has become DPH based for PvP. No good caster is gonna die from 5 APS anything anymore like one of your complaints in another thread, which makes me question your own skill if you supposedly have the gear to deal with the times and happen to be as tanky as you claimed. Aside from that, have you seen how high casters can get their crit rates to nowadays? And this is backed by casters having higher DPH to begin with.... oh and let's not forget that the way weapon multipliers work benefit casters more than melee. Oh and there's also the fact that it's far easier to get a high p.def for an arcane class than it is to get a high m.def for... everything else.

I'm all for balance. Truly balance is great. This topic, however? Not about balance. It's just complaining that you no longer have the same upper hand you comfortably had over your opponent for so long.

lolwut? I pity your server :(
    Drakon Leader
    Levels 105 - 104 - 102
    750 Dex R8r
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Attempt to slip up the opponent or get to the point where you can predict what his next move will be. As I saw in Aeliah's video, she predicted a stunning arrow out of every immobilize/sleep/SoG by using a Fortify, and that saved her many times throughout that video. At this stage if gear is not the issue, then the player is.

As for rebirthing, don't forget that AA classes get a weapon damage multiplier every 100 stat points in magic, versus the 150 required for str/dex based weapons. With the rebirthing, casters get a better return for their stat points than heavy/LA classes. With two rebirths, with two at level 105, that's ~150 points, which increases a crit rate by 7% (stat-wise) and give them 1 weapon damage modifier, while casters get 150 magic points, which gives them 1.5 times the weapon damage multiplier, effectively increasing their base damage by a whole lot while remaining the same crit rate if no points were spent into dex.

The only thing we kind of need now to really move this discussion forward is a video recording of you versus an archer of the same gear and what you'd think of as the same skill from your own perspective, such that we can see your actions as you go through the fight. It would definitely help assist us if you pause/slow down at certain points and add in a textual commentary to explain to us certain situations in your mindset (like what Aeliah stated). This can be further developed by talking to your opponent after the fight, and to get their mindset when x happened. x being a part in the video where you think turned the tide of the battle one way or the other.

That's just my input currently, based on this whole thread.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    lolwut? I pity your server :(

Why do you pity everywhere but Morai and Archo? b:sad
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Options

no he is speaking from practical experience rather than theoretical.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Why do you think everyone else is speaking from theory rather than practical experience? (Not saying I have any practical experience PKing as a cleric or any other class, I avoid it as much as possible outside rare TWs and the occasional NW.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • filipenogueras
    filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Completly agreed with Kossy's 1st post, that was enough for this thread b:bye
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'm not mad at you and actually trying to take you seriously. I've just seen ur calc and to be honest, as long as u don't post video of yours where u PvP against an archer, I can't really help you more. With that gear, u shouldn't lose to any EA, believe me or not, I've 1v1ed them enough time to know it by now.

Nothing above that u said denies that LA is the worst armor in the game and even if u give them buff, you can remove mdef buff with your debuffs (though debuffing purged target is more effective of course). If u array em properly, you shouldn't have a problem to kill them, I don't know why i have to repeat myself that I PKd on private server where gears are equal and archers never were an issue for me. Since you are +12 full, your mark is much stronger than mine also, making combo even easier.

Why would anyone use HoS in middle of cleric lock while part of it (Chromatic Seal) doesn't have steady time? It doesn't last enough even to resist Mark during the lock and if u do it while slept u simply risk that it's going to wear off before sleep wears off; and even if it doesn't u SoG them again, re-array and re-mark them and once that SoG wears off, you can be 100% sure that they won't HoS again because it will be on cd. By using HoS and potting/sparking/AD at once my opponent just going to make a favor, especially if it's an EA. Just gonna CC em after and they are half dead already because of CDs, even if they use HoS again.
    And after u take their hp to lower ammount after combo? Plume shot isn't that worthless, with high critical rate provided from mark, u can also end it this way if multiple crits land which is pretty possible for a cleric.

I can agree with you that Barb has OP CC now, but again, that's not a problem of cleric class but fact that new Mighty Swing is broken. Archers which are broken from your perspective can get easily ***** by this also, even if they grace, barb can still paralyze them, purge their grace/buffs if they have and they are in grave with one foot already. Not talking about BM even, I actually feel sorry for Archers, because they made their ability of being anti-stunned for long useless. That's different topic to discuss though.

Other topic is fighting a SIN. Again, that class has best CC 1v1 in this game and every class in this game have same problem dealing with it. What genie do you use btw, did u really mention Badge on a cleric genie?

Anyways, this is my last post, as long as u don't post your vid, there is no point of discussing it any further. This should be moved into Cleric section also, tbh :D
    edited January 2014
    Options
    maybe he missed the word 'good' in your sentence
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Why do you think everyone else is speaking from theory rather than practical experience? (Not saying I have any practical experience PKing as a cleric or any other class, I avoid it as much as possible outside rare TWs and the occasional NW.)

i don't. not everything said here was glossed over. i do feel some of the proposed so;utions however would require more practical experience to understand why it wouldn't work.
    I'm not mad at you and actually trying to take you seriously. I've just seen ur calc and to be honest, as long as u don't post video of yours where u PvP against an archer, I can't really help you more. With that gear, u shouldn't lose to any EA, believe me or not, I've 1v1ed them enough time to know it by now.

Nothing above that u said denies that LA is the worst armor in the game and even if u give them buff, you can remove mdef buff with your debuffs (though debuffing purged target is more effective of course). If u array em properly, you shouldn't have a problem to kill them, I don't know why i have to repeat myself that I PKd on private server where gears are equal and archers never were an issue for me. Since you are +12 full, your mark is much stronger than mine also, making combo even easier.

Why would anyone use HoS in middle of cleric lock while part of it (Chromatic Seal) doesn't have steady time? It doesn't last enough even to resist Mark during the lock and if u do it while slept u simply risk that it's going to wear off before sleep wears off; and even if it doesn't u SoG them again, re-array and re-mark them and once that SoG wears off, you can be 100% sure that they won't HoS again because it will be on cd. By using HoS and potting/sparking/AD at once my opponent just going to make a favor, especially if it's an EA. Just gonna CC em after and they are half dead already because of CDs, even if they use HoS again.
    And after u take their hp to lower ammount after combo? Plume shot isn't that worthless, with high critical rate provided from mark, u can also end it this way if multiple crits land which is pretty possible for a cleric.

I can agree with you that Barb has OP CC now, but again, that's not a problem of cleric class but fact that new Mighty Swing is broken. Archers which are broken from your perspective can get easily ***** by this also, even if they grace, barb can still paralyze them, purge their grace/buffs if they have and they are in grave with one foot already. Not talking about BM even, I actually feel sorry for Archers, because they made their ability of being anti-stunned for long useless. That's different topic to discuss though.

Other topic is fighting a SIN. Again, that class has best CC 1v1 in this game and every class in this game have same problem dealing with it. What genie do you use btw, did u really mention Badge on a cleric genie?

Anyways, this is my last post, as long as u don't post your vid, there is no point of discussing it any further. This should be moved into Cleric section also, tbh :D

i will make and post a vid by next monday
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    instead of telling me how i should act why not just explain things i can do. if i have done them already i will say so. if i haven't then i will try it. Venus i would never place you in the same category as people who are automatically gonna assume i am wrong and and bad player. as far as carrying the lessons from here to life, i mean no disrespect but you do not know me. aside from this post and a few others we have not really ever spoken or hung out for you to say these things.

it is easy to sit from afar and spout eloquent philosophies at someone. what is irritating is you guys make claims like it is so easy. first off anyone who pk's with me on my server can tell you, i am practitioner of emptying my cup when i come across a scenario that i cannot surpass. but why should i have to say this?

this is the problem: everything i try is not enough, when i am facing certain classes. part of the problem is too much power from one stat is magnified by rebirthing. on top that crit heavy classes can purchase even more crit potiential thereby making practically every attack inflict double damage. so far nothing any one you [mods] have said has been something to the effect of try this set up or work around with this combo. instead one by one you have made appearances to defend OP when if you just read the thread she has been on the attack from jump. and then you ask me why i am being so defensive?

i need neither your support nor your agreement. what i need is solid answers. As mods that is what i look to you for. not commentary on how unskilled i am or how i am a failure. talk like that makes it so people dont wanna speak out against the game. especially if you continually belittle their confidence when they finally do decide to speak up as i have.

PS: i only try to pk people with my gear or better, the problem with me has never been gear. it has always been class balance. and yes we have practiced in npc gear and the new master work gear. when someone is undergeared in comparison to me i gear down before we pk. so you see, all those statements you are making are relatively pointless as is the need to prove any of this. i have however, spoken to a friend of mind, she will make the vid and then send me the link so i can post. if you all need to see what i am saying because of my ineptitude to portray the events in a manner which does not cause people to see red and go on the attack to defend this game, then so be it.

You have ignored (or at least not responded to) most of the posts that have attempted to give you any pointers, and you prefaced your argument by saying anyone who disagrees is a troll and asking for replies from only people agreed with you. That was your opening post and that is what Kossy was responding to. From there she tried to have a debate with you, and while she maybe could've said things nicer you didn't exactly make that easy with things like personal attacks on her offline life. And you even extrapolated that to be about all mods, though at that point the rest of us had done nothing to you. But I get it, you were being defensive. People were saying it must be a skill problem without actually knowing you. But how can we know you? Without you giving us a blow by blow or video, all anyone can debate you on is their own experience. And in their experience, you are wrong. And how can people give you these pointers if you don't upload that video or say what you are doing without attacking people? Because without a video we can only guess at how you are playing. It's why so many are asking for one. I am suggesting to you to post a video in and get some pointers from other clerics. With only defensive attacks on people, we cannot know what you are doing wrong. So the only thing people can do is tell you it must be something to do with skill because they on similarly geared clerics against similarly geared archers, have won the majority of their 1vs1 against them. That's their experience and your assumption about it being theories is untrue. I know that some of these people have played clerics for a while now.

As for saying it's true to real life, that statement remains true. I don't need to know you, to know that statement is true. It's no different than someone saying "oh you cant unscramble an egg IRL either" when talking about a problem and isn't a commentary on your real life. I don't know if you already know that or if you practice it. If you do, good for you and seeing the reminder hurts nobody. If you don't, well maybe it's food for thought. It's just a quote. Although I have to say, if you got so offended at some food for thought being added to end of my qoute, because "i don't know you," you should be able to understand why personal attacks on our offline lives is inappropriate discussion.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Not that I want to end the discussion at all, but the defensiveness of it all is really not warranted. If you have played the game for any length at all, then you know it is what it is. You have crossed the threshold of innocense, and know full well what the games brilliant strong points, as well as glaring weak points are.

Sorry to see you go, OP.

In the end, I agree with alot of what you say, and also support your right to state your opinion as you bid us all farewell. It may cause some annoyance to those who love the game, it could also bring to light some issues for others who may be disenchanted.

I dont see where you ask invalid questions. I also, at this point, have already offered most of my answers. Take care.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I spoke with Auerlius. He is going to arrange his 1v1 and I will record it and post it online. I'll also use eyes of observation so you can see their buffed stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I spoke with Auerlius. He is going to arrange his 1v1 and I will record it and post it online. I'll also use eyes of observation so you can see their buffed stats.
    dont forget to note their real age too.

i wanna know how old this srs bsns is
  • adamx01
    adamx01 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    iv seen Auerlius pk alot, and i dont think any other cleric is better than him. i undertsand where he is coming from i myself have played cleric alot, and have learnt some things, but instead of new tricks to defeat characters y does no one use the old ones?? demon metal combo works very well.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I don't know...typically good clerics don't complain about archers in 1v1. They might complain if it's mass PvP and they're getting hit by multiple archers, but archer is probably the worst class for 1v1.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You have ignored (or at least not responded to) most of the posts that have attempted to give you any pointers, and you prefaced your argument by saying anyone who disagrees is a troll and asking for replies from only people agreed with you. That was your opening post and that is what Kossy was responding to. From there she tried to have a debate with you, and while she maybe could've said things nicer you didn't exactly make that easy with things like personal attacks on her offline life. And you even extrapolated that to be about all mods, though at that point the rest of us had done nothing to you. But I get it, you were being defensive. People were saying it must be a skill problem without actually knowing you. But how can we know you? Without you giving us a blow by blow or video, all anyone can debate you on is their own experience. And in their experience, you are wrong. And how can people give you these pointers if you don't upload that video or say what you are doing without attacking people? Because without a video we can only guess at how you are playing. It's why so many are asking for one. I am suggesting to you to post a video in and get some pointers from other clerics. With only defensive attacks on people, we cannot know what you are doing wrong. So the only thing people can do is tell you it must be something to do with skill because they on similarly geared clerics against similarly geared archers, have won the majority of their 1vs1 against them. That's their experience and your assumption about it being theories is untrue. I know that some of these people have played clerics for a while now.

As for saying it's true to real life, that statement remains true. I don't need to know you, to know that statement is true. It's no different than someone saying "oh you cant unscramble an egg IRL either" when talking about a problem and isn't a commentary on your real life. I don't know if you already know that or if you practice it. If you do, good for you and seeing the reminder hurts nobody. If you don't, well maybe it's food for thought. It's just a quote. Although I have to say, if you got so offended at some food for thought being added to end of my qoute, because "i don't know you," you should be able to understand why personal attacks on our offline lives is inappropriate discussion.

please re read the order of the thread. my opening statement was not meant to be an attack. it was a genuine question. from there is where the attacks started. yes i am human and i let what should have stayed a debate about tactics and how the last expansion has made things undesirable in pk get the better of me, but i didn't start off that way. that response came after my ideas were called stupid and was told basically i am no good and that my skill was the problem.

again venus let it be said here and now i apologize. i expected better of a mod than to personalize the debate or have a whole bunch of mods show up to defend her without even caring what the original discussion was about and that was not why i post things. i could of had a whole bunch of people come on to post as witnesses what my actual skill level is but like i keep saying, i didn't think i would need to prove that in order to get to where we are now, having a true discussion.

when i am wrong i have no problem admitting it. i was wrong to say it how i did. what i felt and the gist of what i was saying however i do not apologize for. to belittle people you don't agree with is wrong and disables effective communication. now can we move on? this sunday or monday i will do the vid. i don't think toraah would mind,. as for a proper archer, honestly choc and rubber are the only two i have consistent trouble with. rubber because of gear moreso, choc is just really really good so if he wins idm. however sometimes it's the infinite purge/crit thing that gets really tiresome....really quickly.
  • swapneelk
    swapneelk Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ... So if we don't agree with this we're trolls? Really?

And it's rather interesting that you've come to this conclusion that now that you're losing most of your fights there's suddenly a problem but were perfectly content when you won almost all of them.

Aside from that, your reasoning sucks. The game has become DPH based for PvP. No good caster is gonna die from 5 APS anything anymore like one of your complaints in another thread, which makes me question your own skill if you supposedly have the gear to deal with the times and happen to be as tanky as you claimed. Aside from that, have you seen how high casters can get their crit rates to nowadays? And this is backed by casters having higher DPH to begin with.... oh and let's not forget that the way weapon multipliers work benefit casters more than melee. Oh and there's also the fact that it's far easier to get a high p.def for an arcane class than it is to get a high m.def for... everything else.

I'm all for balance. Truly balance is great. This topic, however? Not about balance. It's just complaining that you no longer have the same upper hand you comfortably had over your opponent for so long.

i think wht Auer meant is the classes have got pretty unbalanced archer and barb are end game pvp coz the class is so unbalanced every is making it for pvp/pk which shldnt be the case he i have seen auer gear is full endgame seeker rrr9+12 full JOSD complete endgame gear and i dont even doubt his skill as a seeker so if he is lossing battles meaning the other class is having upper hand without the equal gear as Auer thts why he is saying tht the other classes are unbalanced as a sin i cant kill barb/archer/psy at all talking abt dph sins arent very good as DPH psy completely devour sins plus the proc is too fast either the % of it shld be dropped or the dph power of sins increased coz wizards and psy have very high dph compared to any other class they hit like a truck

I agree with Auer that balance of class is needed however his choice of example must have made you confused that he is talking abt winning and lossing battles i assure you thats not the case his example refers only to how the pvp/pk was before and how it is now and he mentioned winning/lossing to give us a reference of the past/present conditions

What kossy first post refers to is auer having no skill bt i rather think she hasnt even seen him in game and do mods have a end game toon full geared? i really dont know bt if u do than you shld give out a try out with him, second kossy is getting judgemental abt things here instead of making a real debate she is calling him a fool who shldnt even post so ofc any human being will go defensive and say things in his defense before undestanding the person or knowing in game or having a 1vs1 against him u say he is jst complaining , i guess she had a bad day when she posted tht
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    On what condition do you fight the archer ? Fully buffed with barb and bm buffs or self buffed only ?

Do your best with the fight, and for the archer too, I like watching a real fight like this. b:victory
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Well I can see some of that imbalance Auerlius was talking about tonight. In NW, barb gets the flag, random people attack him. So it was me (rrr9 with +12 warsoul bow) cleric (G16/rrr9 weapon), Maxed out rrr9 Psy +12 everything with deity's, and some other random person who I could not see clearly. The barb did not have cleric buffs and I BV'd and metal debuffed him and yet some how all 4 of us could not kill him (plus my bow was procing pretty regularly). I know the cleric said afterwards she hit him with her skill that increased our chance of criting on him. Might be a something a little wrong with that.

I know barbs are meant to be tanky, but when a full +12 deity Psy (with the help of 3 others) can't take down one unbuffed barb. That's beyond unbalance. At the rate this is going, you're going to need a GM weapon just to bypass a persons charm.

Would like to add at no point did the barb ever attack us, he basically turtled and inched his way to the capture point.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Well I can see some of that imbalance Auerlius was talking about tonight. In NW, barb gets the flag, random people attack him. So it was me (rrr9 with +12 warsoul bow) cleric (G16/rrr9 weapon), Maxed out rrr9 Psy +12 everything with deity's, and some other random person who I could not see clearly. The barb did not have cleric buffs and I BV'd and metal debuffed him and yet some how all 4 of us could not kill him (plus my bow was procing pretty regularly). I know the cleric said afterwards she hit him with her skill that increased our chance of criting on him. Might be a something a little wrong with that.

I know barbs are meant to be tanky, but when a full +12 deity Psy (with the help of 3 others) can't take down one unbuffed barb. That's beyond unbalance. At the rate this is going, you're going to need a GM weapon just to bypass a persons charm.

Would like to add at no point did the barb ever attack us, he basically turtled and inched his way to the capture point.

This sounds like more of a failure on your side's part to CC him at all than a problem with barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Options
    With this thread I have to conclude that Archosaur is simply a different game than what everyone else plays. Apparently archers are kings in Archosaur. Can't even be killed by seekers, clerics, or sins!
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    With this thread I have to conclude that Archosaur is simply a different game than what everyone else plays. Apparently archers are kings in Archosaur. Can't even be killed by seekers, clerics, or sins!

Incorrect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hmmm lemme think.... Man was around 700+ strength in the green and fully +12, JoSD, and NW geared. With even the extra adds to ornies.

On 1st rb, he got 74 points right? So by the time he's back to level 100 he should have just nearly 800 strength. So, let's say he gets 105 again -- and I know that sounds like a major pain in the ***, but it's very much possible. I've been getting right around 5.2m exp from each solo run of Pv100+.

2nd rb, playing it Safe... He's 850 strength. Also I think he's about 50k hp fully buffed last I saw, and that was before rebirthing was put in the game.

Broken? Yes.

... But it's also going to be just him, and 2 others that I can think of that would join him on this new level of OP. Out of a server of thousands every day xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

As a bm, if i find such a barb, i make it very hard for them to move. Other dd take care of the kill, while i do the charm ticking and hfing. You had a cleric, could have kept the barb in place for eons, along with the psy.

We do have issues taking down cata barbs on our servers in nw, but it just takes team work on all the people involved. Such times, those cata barbs arma like anything.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hmmm lemme think.... Man was around 700+ strength in the green and fully +12, JoSD, and NW geared. With even the extra adds to ornies.

On 1st rb, he got 74 points right? So by the time he's back to level 100 he should have just nearly 800 strength. So, let's say he gets 105 again -- and I know that sounds like a major pain in the ***, but it's very much possible. I've been getting right around 5.2m exp from each solo run of Pv100+.

2nd rb, playing it Safe... He's 850 strength. Also I think he's about 50k hp fully buffed last I saw, and that was before rebirthing was put in the game.

Broken? Yes.

... But it's also going to be just him, and 2 others that I can think of that would join him on this new level of OP. Out of a server of thousands every day xD

You don't know what "new level of OP" is until you see a fat caster. 900 magic giving 9x multiplier to equipment attack hurts. Your barb example here only gets about 5.667x multiplier with his precious 850 strength. I don't understand why barbs don't just place the extra points into vit.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Incorrect.

Very incorrect. Don't judge an entire server based on one thread by one person.

Auer, I love you bro, but this is way out of hand.

And if it was really Choc you were fighting... he's lv104, never rbed, no cards, no nuema, nothing - he hasn't played since before this expansion. Nor is he anywhere near the top skilled archer on our server.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Very incorrect. Don't judge an entire server based on one thread by one person.

Auer, I love you bro, but this is way out of hand.

And if it was really Choc you were fighting... he's lv104, never rbed, no cards, no nuema, nothing - he hasn't played since before this expansion. Nor is he anywhere near the top skilled archer on our server.

no it wasn't

that is not where i am drawing the reference from. Jarkhen you can honestly tell me the barb stun is not broken, or that purge/crit every attack, or zerk/crit every attack is not a problem? anytime you make an attack without a proper defense it's a problem. help me out this sunday when i make the vid please. i look forward to hearing your thoughts on the matter in person [so to speak].
This discussion has been closed.