No more threads about Morai Rollback?/Morai Server Discussion Thread

karmelia
karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Hello PWI citizens,

The following thread serves as a place for Morai players on these forums to find out what happened to cause the rollback.

If there are any questions, or if I am missing something, please feel free to send me, any of the other moderators, or the administrators a message. We will try to answer it to the best of our abilities! Until then, please refrain from creating more Morai reroll threads.

Nice way to censorship your forums.

You closed all the threads about this important issue, so that players cannot speak about it anymore?

Great way to increase communication between the company and the playerbase.

As for asking the mods about more infos, another mods in another thread already said he/she knew no more than us about this...

Lol.... ans pitiful....
Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
Post edited by karmelia on

Comments

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    karmelia wrote: »

You closed all the threads about this important issue, so that players cannot speak about it anymore?

As for asking the mods about more infos, another mods in another thread already said he/she knew no more than us about this...

Lol.... ans pitiful....

If players were actually speaking of the issues they were having and bringing up valid points then i dont see the problem but they were just QQing about the rollback which does nothing. Sure they were communicating but they were more or less just asking for compensation. That isnt the way they need to go about getting attention to their problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Lol.... ans pitiful....

If you have questions about a Mod's actions you should send a PM to get it sorted as they probably have their own reasons (or sometimes just make mistakes).

Regarding asking Mods for information though...they are players who volunteer to moderate the forums thus they aren't actual PWE staff. The least they can do, or I've seen them able to do, is have a more direct way of contacting GMs to poke them about issues and concerns.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maybe this one won't be closed if people stay correct.
    We have to admit that the other ones were probably trolled too much.

Anyway it seems that french/german GM can't post here so maybe this is better to use the english thread created by the GM on ex-Lothranis forum
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    - Each player that connected from the 05/01 to the 08/01 will receive a special compensation. We will communicate more about this very soon!

I would like to remind the GMs to mail this out to people's mailboxes in-game instead of doing codes again. Because we all know how well codes work here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    I would like to remind the GMs to mail this out to people's mailboxes in-game instead of doing codes again. Because we all know how well codes work here.

That makes alot of sense.....almost too much sense for pwi but one can hope they learn from past issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited January 2014

I already reminded that just below the GM's post on the other forum, so I hope this will be ok... (but I'm still afraid)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    I already reminded that just below the GM's post on the other forum, so I hope this will be ok... (but I'm still afraid)

I wouldnt be afraid....so many people that abused the last code got a temp ban and got to come back to the server with great refined gear so yea if they do a code again u better believe people will abuse it more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Actually, as far as I know, on Morai nobody has been banned even just one day so yeah... this would be a huge temptation.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    These were the last few responses to the Rollback thread created by Joe - Morai:
    Man, if you don't like seeing people rightfully getting mad and complaining, then just get out of here and be quiet. You are just making it worse.

Besides you are a big derp, so you have even less rights to tell other people what they should do.
    gtfo still here, you have problems on your server, go there **** off piece of ****
    LOL so who gave you the right to tell me what my rights are? Also i am not telling them what to do really im just simply stating that this thread should be closed since it is a QQ thread and mods are supposed to keep those closed.

JW where your failed logic came from.

Also the forums are for everyone and this particular thread is just a big bunch of babies crying about things they lost from roll back. The only part of your post that was even remotely right was calling me a man...yes i am one ty for noticing.

such vulgar, much hate, butthurt lots
    Hey, PWI Staff, please make this **** with a nice picture of a retarted teenager a mod, really, he is nice for the job...
    The maturity level of this post astounds me. Is that really the best insult u can give me? i mean really that hurts im QQing now....just like this entire thread is QQing the tears of all you babies in morai that are complaining on this thread cuz of a roll back.

I do not really see any discussion other than insulting one another. That can be classified as derailment, which is enough to close that thread.

From what I have seen (unless the other moderators merged Morai rollback threads together), the threads that did pop up were asking for answers and compensation. All I did was put those answers together so that everyone who did have a question similar to that can find an answer within the stickies. It's convenient for everyone!

Players (I myself am included in that) can post about it, and a new thread can be made about it, as long as it does not ask a question that has been answered in the sticky, as well as not falling into the category of flaming and insulting one another, as the previous Morai thread had turned into.

I did not word myself correctly in that sticky, but what I meant was to not create threads asking questions regarding what has been answered in that sticky, which includes what happened, what they are going to do, and the compensation they are providing.

I hope this clears things up!
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014

The new Arc platform is already Live (beta version) with the built-in code redemption system. This might be a possible fix to the abuse of a horribly programmed code.
    (the code-erdeem-system has worked perfectly for all dc codes ever redeemed, even the x5 hyper stones were fine. The 10* orb code itself was the mess-up, not the redeem page as far as I can tell from all this otherwise we'd all have 5,000,000 hyperstones by now).
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited January 2014
    Regardless of the abuse, giving +10 orbs was maybe not a good idea in the first place anyway
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited January 2014

with my lvl 1 worldbossscout ending up with 3 ocean orbs? or do they send a free account stash stone too? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    These were the last few responses to the Rollback thread created by Joe - Morai:

I do not really see any discussion other than insulting one another. That can be classified as derailment, which is enough to close that thread.

Ah, I understand better now, why they were all closed.

But, as a moderator, you should be able to :

- edit posts
    - delete posts
    - warn users
    - ban users from forums

Unless PWI did not gave you such powers? Spoon once warned me about something I posted on the forum, but then, he was a CM, so he may has had more powers in that jobs.

Or is it too much work? If so, PWI should promote a few more moderators to help you.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Trance - Morai
    Trance - Morai Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014

- edit posts
    - delete posts
    - warn users
    - ban users from forums

Unless PWI did not gave you such powers? Spoon once warned me about something I posted on the forum, but then, he was a CM, so he may has had more powers in that jobs.

Or is it too much work? If so, PWI should promote a few more moderators to help you.

must agree here, it was very clear that a certain person was antagonizing morai players that person should have been dealt with rather than closing our thread, which given how many times he begged for it to be done was his reason for deliberately upsetting people. Unfortunately a lot of the morai players questions and comments were lost in the sea of trolling and baiting from non morai players!

At this point i have only tested low level instances, Instances 19, 29, 39 and 51 do appear to be working again. :)
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2014

- edit posts
    - delete posts
    - warn users
    - ban users from forums

well said, +1
  • kittycatttt
    kittycatttt Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well i was supposed to be refunded some items i lost in the rollback at christmas this week only to get a reply on the lines of...

'Hello

Unfortunately, there had been some server issues with the past maintenance and no recoveries could be made. Also, some items are able to be provided faster than others. For your items, that will need to be handled at a later time. As of now, we expect this to be resolved within the next few weeks or less.

so not only have i had to wait since christmas for my items, i now have to wait MORE weeks.

What have recoveries & server issues got to do with each other, i haven't a clue. Probably too busy trying to sort out the server is my guess. Shame, they should sort bugs out before they try to add more

b:surrender
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014

- edit posts
    - delete posts
    - warn users
    - ban users from forums

I would prolly classify the closed thread as a 'warning' for future threads o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • aisers
    aisers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok...what about the zen refunding ? Will they give back the cash spent or the zen ? Or nothing at all ?
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aisers wrote: »
    Ok...what about the zen refunding ? Will they give back the cash spent or the zen ? Or nothing at all ?

They better do that soon..Some people recharged for the rep/mog/gst sale and if it's refunded after the sale, it's completely useless :/
  • oldfiend
    oldfiend Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Regarding zen refund.
    I went down to the german section after having contacted Skaitavia (and learning nothing new, mods really just as much in the dark as us regulars) here and found a post by an admin that basically amounted to "We are not sure how or when."
  • aisers
    edited January 2014
    They better do that soon..Some people recharged for the rep/mog/gst sale and if it's refunded after the sale, it's completely useless :/

The thing is i want the zen instead of cash refund...because paypal charges are pretty big...15$ wasted for nothing...i paid 44$+15$ for paypal charging...so they better refund the zen instead. At least to me :D
  • Alusam - Morai
    Alusam - Morai Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Gm help me plz , back my toon Alusam to pwi moria server again
  • Mermi - Morai
    Mermi - Morai Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2014

From what I have seen (unless the other moderators merged Morai rollback threads together), the threads that did pop up were asking for answers and compensation. All I did was put those answers together so that everyone who did have a question similar to that can find an answer within the stickies. It's convenient for everyone!

Players (I myself am included in that) can post about it, and a new thread can be made about it, as long as it does not ask a question that has been answered in the sticky, as well as not falling into the category of flaming and insulting one another, as the previous Morai thread had turned into.

I did not word myself correctly in that sticky, but what I meant was to not create threads asking questions regarding what has been answered in that sticky, which includes what happened, what they are going to do, and the compensation they are providing.

I hope this clears things up!

Indeed maybe u didn't intend to but i agree it sounded like we should just shut up..which actually just annoyed ppl even more. Glad that you made it clear now .
    On the other hand I also agree with what ppl are saying here that warnings/bans should be given. I become agresive in posts aswell when am mad and like it wasn't enough .. ppl like TZoner come and just spark the fire even more. Imo THAT is what should be censored :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aisers
    edited January 2014
    I wany my ZEN back!!!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aisers wrote: »
    I wany my ZEN back!!!

Put in a ticket to make sure they're aware of your loss, complaining on the forum where the responsible people don't lurk won't get you a refund.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Submariner - Morai
    Submariner - Morai Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am sorry for my behavior on the other post, but cant understand why the other guy was pushing us, with all the comments i saw from him, and it were alot.
  • Tiberius - Morai
    Tiberius - Morai Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I still dont see how this will compensate for the war avatar cards i lost...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rcilis-HT
  • Annabonana - Morai
    Annabonana - Morai Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    but not all. not even accounts that we're logged in on the compensation timezone.

also is this all?... other server get 3 orbs we get 10 gold? that's a 125 gold difference..
  • Katinas - Morai
    Katinas - Morai Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would like to know about those 10 gold as well

EDIT: Check your wallet there should be 1000 zhen
  • Annabonana - Morai
    Annabonana - Morai Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    **** cencorship putting my thread in this forum. it's a whole different title with different concerns. make a ****ing official thread for morai the instead and update it accordingly, also make us able to comment on it. fking sticky **** with no comments viable