[Maintenance Discussion] 12-30-2013

Comments

• Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Personally I'm digging the quest chain in Primal World. Its suspenseful since you can only progress during it when you have the right Arcane Sky level.
  • Kialena - Heavens Tear
    Kialena - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So will this be like last week where you 'fixed' the Christmas event and then ****ed us over with TW? We still get red Santa spam on HT and can't do the event btw, in case you haven't read the other comments, so good job with the 'fixing' there.

And you learnt nothing from last week, so your solution is to do the EXACT SAME MAINTENANCE and **** TW over again? Now my guild has lost two opportunities to take the SAME piece of land thanks to you idiots.

****ing hell.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ahh, I forgot my faction had TW because I couldn't go.

It does suck :/ we need a fix on the TW times.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Surtr wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

This week we'll be having maintenance tonight from:

8PM PST to 11PM PST

This maintenance will update PWI to patch 767, which includes a small handful of text fixes. Patch notes can be found here.

Maintenance Question of the Week:

What is your favorite quest chain, and why?

We deserve better than this, please do not continue to ignore the issues at hand. We desperately need a response for all the broken and unfixable things this game currently has.

Throwing the expansion at us to shift talks away from the D Orb incident is pretty pathetic.

We expect a response from you, like now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    much impressive PWI.

m
    u
    c
    h

i
    m
    p
    r
    e
    s
    s
    i
    v
    e

p
    w
    i
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Kattanyia - Archosaur
    Kattanyia - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seriously? FFS what the hell is the matter with you people? WHY do you keep scheduling our TW's on Monday then schedule a maintenence at the same time???

It is not just skipping a TW it is also potentially messing up the end of season outcomes.

I really think we deserve an answer here.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nice, because localizations and renaming a skill that doesn't even need to be renamed (The original is called Tiger Maw, and not Tiger Leap, like you said, so how the hell can people still mix it up? Plus what about the friggin yellow text that pretty much already can tell it apart from other skills?) is more important than addressing bugs, glitches and even the fact that the skill I've mentioned is lacking a sound effect...

Way to again PWI... way to go...
  • Kattanyia - Archosaur
    Kattanyia - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is the 2nd week in a row now that you have scheduled maintenence at the EXACT SAME TIME that many of us have TW scheduled based on YOUR TW time slots!!!!

Seriously WTF? This isn't just a matter of some factions missing TW. How do you plan to determine the end of season Server Championships now when you have 2 weeks in a row screwed some factions on wins and losses? There is no fair way to TRULY determine now the correct land amounts per faction!!!!

All you would have to have done is to at LEAST have maintenence at the REGULAR SCHEDULED TIME or get rid of the damn Monday 20:00 time slot.

Seriously disappointed in this company. This is no way to run a business. b:angry
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Couldn't this wait till tomorrow, GMs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    why do you keep complaining?? it's a frigging holiday ofc maint's r gonna be early, you should've expected it from last week ijs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxeddes
    xxeddes Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it is because of the holidays, first is Christmas and then New Year's Eve which most company would be off during those two days.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Surtr wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

This week we'll be having maintenance tonight from:

8PM PST to 11PM PST

This maintenance will update PWI to patch 767, which includes a small handful of text fixes. Patch notes can be found here.

Maintenance Question of the Week:

What is your favorite quest chain, and why?

Yeah, I don't understand why they keep doing maintenance @ TW time, and ignoring all player responses or feedback for weeks. Maybe it's not Surtr's fault, maybe it is. For all we know, he's being told that using the forums for anything else but to announce maintenance, means he will be reprimanded at his job. Wonder why his bosses would do that.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    why do you keep complaining?? it's a frigging holiday ofc maint's r gonna be early, you should've expected it from last week ijs...

Yeah that's right People.

Don't get mad at them, get even with them.

b:pleasedb:chuckleb:laugh
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • KrazyChaos - Heavens Tear
    KrazyChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Despite the fact that its holiday time....they could at least reschedule TW times for those factions that do (mine doesn't) and the regular events like the tiger event. last week they barely had the servers bk up in time for the tiger and a lot of people missed out on it :(
    also...they could be nice and actually announce in system chat ingame for those that dont read the forums very often. as i understand, last week some were in timed activities and the only notice they got was the server countdown at 300 sec.....b:surrender
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please stop scheduling maintenance over Tigers and TW.
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
  • CrimsonApa - Lost City
    CrimsonApa - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    gms wanna hop a **** on new years. fix the tw times.. wasting money on bidding again and only getting 6 coins back. gg *******.
    Biitch.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can you fix TW too? This is the 2nd week in a row we missed Tw's because 1) it's a Monday - which it shouldn't be
    2) because of early maintenance (which I can understand)
    b:bye
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yea would been an easy win for use BUT now well not get that land
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
  • meleeexpress
    meleeexpress Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How can this get anymore expensive? cause a Maint in the middle of inflation peaks.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To the people who complain about maint during tw... U take this game waaay too serious xD
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • CrimsonApa - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    fix my sht dreamweaver kid.
    Biitch.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To the people who complain about maint during tw... U take this game waaay too serious xD

>Being this casual
    They have a right to be a bit upset considering that they bid coins and spend/gather resources in preparing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited December 2013

And for the people who don't complain about significant issues, who are they then? They just go with the flow? Not afraid to shake a little chains if you have too?

The lack of any support for this title is ludicrous. For Chr.ist sake, the publisher's name reflects this game. This is supposed to be their flag-ship title - the game they show off to investors and people all over the world, including potential players (customers). And yet, we can't get any responses from anyone. These forums are plagued with thousands upon thousands of requests, bugs, pleas, issues, questions, etc and not a single response from anyone who works for the very company that hosts these forums and the game servers.

Just like the Christmas event being bugged.
    Or
    Just like the orb fiasco.
    Or
    Just like no response in this thread.
    Or
    Just like FF hypers not being taken out or even replied too.
    Or
    Just like ARC not being taken out of the equation.
    Or
    Just like the server issues everyone has been having (lag and disconnects) for the last two months.
    Or
    Just like the countless threads asking questions being ignored.
    Or
    Just like the quality corner having issues not fixed or even acknowledged since it came to fruition.
    Or
    Even the goon glitch fiasco not being resolved.

PWE just fails in general to do anything. This is supposed to be THE GO TO GAME for this company. Not some run of the mill PoS title that Developer YXZ created in China and licensed out to some ten-man staff of a publishing company.

What PWE is doing is ruining the game. Look around and you will notice less players each month. Stop being ignorant.
  • CrimsonApa - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    And for the people who don't complain about significant issues, who are they then? They just go with the flow? Not afraid to shake a little chains if you have too?

The lack of any support for this title is ludicrous. For Chr.ist sake, the publisher's name reflects this game. This is supposed to be their flag-ship title - the game they show off to investors and people all over the world, including potential players (customers). And yet, we can't get any responses from anyone. These forums are plagued with thousands upon thousands of requests, bugs, pleas, issues, questions, etc and not a single response from anyone who works for the very company that hosts these forums and the game servers.

Just like the Christmas event being bugged.
    Or
    Just like the orb fiasco.
    Or
    Just like no response in this thread.
    Or
    Just like FF hypers not being taken out or even replied too.
    Or
    Just like ARC not being taken out of the equation.
    Or
    Just like the server issues everyone has been having (lag and disconnects) for the last two months.
    Or
    Just like the countless threads asking questions being ignored.
    Or
    Just like the quality corner having issues not fixed or even acknowledged since it came to fruition.
    Or
    Even the goon glitch fiasco not being resolved.

PWE just fails in general to do anything. This is supposed to be THE GO TO GAME for this company. Not some run of the mill PoS title that Developer YXZ created in China and licensed out to some ten-man staff of a publishing company.

What PWE is doing is ruining the game. Look around and you will notice less players each month. Stop being ignorant.

whoa this ***** crazy.. LOL. list all that **** down
    Biitch.
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    eraldus wrote: »
    renaming a skill that doesn't even need to be renamed (The original is called Tiger Maw, and not Tiger Leap, like you said, so how the hell can people still mix it up?

Can't help but correct you on this. The merged skill of tiger maw and draw blood is called tiger leap. There is already a blademaster skill named tiger leap, its, like the name says, a leap, which flings you forward in the direction you are, or were facing, at the time of casting.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited December 2013
    whoa this ***** crazy.. LOL. list all that **** down

Hell yeah. I could list probably fifty or more significant things that PWE has ruined, ignored, or failed to properly compensate/fix, including glitching and such.

The only reason I even care is because this is actually an enjoyable title, and I'd hate to see the game shut down in a year or two (or server's merged shortly), because PWE refuses to hire a permanent community manager and instead won't even bother to monitor the forums or game.

For a multi-million dollar company, they do a lousy and lack-luster job. Fuzzy said it all recently, really well. It's idiotic to pretend that your players don't exist. If they don't exist, how does PWE think bills are being paid?
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can't help but correct you on this. The merged skill of tiger maw and draw blood is called tiger leap. There is already a blademaster skill named tiger leap, its, like the name says, a leap, which flings you forward in the direction you are, or were facing, at the time of casting.

True, I completely forgot about the leap lol. But still, it baffles me that they're worried about people mixing their names, rather than addressing to the missing sound effect of said skill...
  • Ouka - Heavens Tear
    Ouka - Heavens Tear Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited December 2013

of course you aren't mad about this your guild's already off the map.

But yea wtb new tw times
    ouka - 101 HA veno - " Squeek, I'm A Fox!"

ouka__ - 103 vit barb- "Nom Nom I'm A Panda!"

People need to learn how to control their stupid
  • NoirAquarius - Dreamweaver
    NoirAquarius - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why is it going to take a 3 hour maint to fix typos and a couple of skill name corrections? There are somewhat bigger issues to deal with than some typo's and skill names. Also why fix Celestial Guardian's Seal it's been the same name for over 4 years so why bother changing it now?
    "Why blind them with Brilliance when you can baffle them with Bullsh*t"~

"Can't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent." ;D
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Morai chain for the exp.