[Maintenance Discussion] 12-18-2013 NEW HORIZONS UPDATE COMPLETE

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2013
    The servers are open. New Horizons is live!
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• FlippyFins - Archosaur
    FlippyFins - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    wow not only you give us the expansion ahead of schedule but also servers are up ahead of time, good job b:victory

edit; and arch server is online along with the others, great job xD
  • LoveTheWorId - Raging Tide
    LoveTheWorId - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can't log into RT Server yet. It says "Server Network Error".
  • _Nushi_ - Raging Tide
    _Nushi_ - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Server Network Error - Raging Tide Server b:shocked
  • MacTM - Raging Tide
    MacTM - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    not RT againb:cry
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Surtr wrote: »
    The servers are open. New Horizons is live!

Server Network Error . plz fix .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    few thing what ppl said
    fc locked and lose marriage status after reborn

o.o

EDIT: nvm..ppl trolling D:
  • reborncell
    reborncell Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes!! new **** expansion!!!!
    Now I got a reason to quit playing, thanks pwi **** teamb:kiss for not fixe the 10 orb code
  • MacTM - Raging Tide
    MacTM - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    am inb:laughb:victory
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I had a level 3 - how do I take them to the new beginner city?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Xirone - Dreamweaver
    Xirone - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    b:pleased yey
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Managed to log into every server without any issues.

Hooray!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited December 2013
    Yay, Kitty's PC somehow managed to corrupt manual patch. Looong time waiting for auto-patcher to finish Q.Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i don't know how this works but i thought if i download that huge!!! manual patch i didn't have to wait years on the patcher updater? so even after i downloaded that super huge manual patch thing i have to wait for the patcher updater to download the patch and install it?

this will take all day i guess i'm gonna miss out on dailies today and everything else i had to do
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Yay, Kitty's PC somehow managed to corrupt manual patch. Looong time waiting for auto-patcher to finish Q.Q

Venus is punishing you for daring to steal her cookies. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited December 2013
    Oh well, probably the same problem as Kitty had when trying to install PWI. No matter how Kitty downloaded the installation files, they always became corrupted. Kitty had to copy the client from her friend's laptop to get a working client(now Kitty has 5 copies of client around her hard drives to make sure there's at least one working copy). Just wishing it's not like that again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Venus is punishing you for daring to steal her cookies. b:chuckle

Network Error on Raging Tides...b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok I completely want r9 fash wep like the r9 Patoka is so much nicer than the r9rr pataka.
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • varaleeatherton
    varaleeatherton Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey everyone,

Tonight is the special night! The download will be extra chunky today, as we are updating the game with the New Horizons expansion. We expect the process to take double the usual maintenance length, our estimate is:

11pm PST - 5am PST

As always, we want the maintenance to go smoothly so that we can release the content to you as soon as possible.

As we near release, this thread will be updated with the patch notes as well as the events you can expect to have fun with!

This week's maintenance question:

What type of fashion weapons would you like to see?

Courtesy of Surtr

New Features
    *Reawakening: By returning to level 1 and consolidating your power, you can permanently raise your stats. Reawakening unlocks an experience boost, a new questline, and the new Primal World zone.

*New zone: The Primal World. Journey to the ancient land abandoned by Pan Gu, to fight new enemies and gain new rewards!

*Historical Advancement: Advance the story through serverwide progression, completing quests to unlock new areas and quests.

*War Avatar: Collect cards based on famous friends and foes of Perfect World to boost your stats!

*Place of Origination: A new starting zone for new characters. Make your way from the Primal World to Perfect World with an exciting new series of quests!

*New Skills: Upgrade to stronger versions of existing skills, including Sage and Demon versions, or try out a variety of brand-new skills found in the Primal World.

*Cultivation Assistant: Automatically kill enemies to quickly level your character.

User Interface
    *The Event Calendar has been overhauled with more detailed information. It now allows you to automatically form squads for events, and even teleport directly there with a new Cash Shop item, Angel of Wishes.

*The venomancer, Sheomay, can now be summoned from the Encyclopedia to provide helpful information. While she is out, clicking on a skill or item will automatically display its Encyclopedia entry.

*Many dungeons have received updated maps in the style of Abaddon or the Seat of Torment.

*The PK Protections button has been moved above your health bar.

*The PK Mode toggle has been moved into the PK Protections pane.

*A new Functions menu option has been added, containing Actions, the Encyclopedia, the Pet Bag, Commission Shops, and the Cultivation System.

*A new rewards chest has been added to the upper left. Click it to receive rewards from leveling up, Reawakening, staying logged in, and more!

Skills
    *All skill tooltips have been rewritten for clarity, consistency, and accuracy. Skill functionality has not been changed.
    *Skill tooltips now list the amount of Chi generated by the skill.

Archer
    *Winged Pledge has been renamed to Wing Strike.
    *Wingspan has been renamed to Wing Burst.

Assassin
    *Dagger Devotion has been renamed to Dagger Mastery.

Barbarian
    *True Form has been renamed to Tiger Form.

Cleric
    *Aurora Array has been renamed to Aurora Burst.
    *Absorbing Array has been renamed to Aurora Blast.

Gameplay
    *Character customization has been expanded. A wider range of body sizes can now be created, and new presets have been added.
    *The Summonobot XL has returned to work in Abaddon after vacationing in the Crimson Imperium.
    *The Void Panther mount can no longer be dyed.
    *The Title Search functionality now works properly.

Find out about the events that are going on with the release of New Horizons.
    We'll have one more New Years event to show-off at a later date that is brand new too.
    What type of fashion weapons would you like to see?

i would love to see maybe a old wooden magic stick with a snake croawling around it like up and down it lol NOT in a rude way like my mind just thought of but it would be cool to vision it. um and also just a simalar kind of stick with like dragon logos or spikes on it, and some with orbs that glow with nice pale colours (=^.^=) <3 sorry for my mass of typos i am really bad at spelling.
  • HepoMaHTuka - Dreamweaver
    HepoMaHTuka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh well, probably the same problem as Kitty had when trying to install PWI. No matter how Kitty downloaded the installation files, they always became corrupted. Kitty had to copy the client from her friend's laptop to get a working client(now Kitty has 5 copies of client around her hard drives to make sure there's at least one working copy). Just wishing it's not like that again...
    Is Kitty use Windows 7 and Eset Nod32 antivirus? In that case Kitty should install a hotfix KB2789397.f:despise
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "Many dungeons have received updated maps in the style of Abaddon or the Seat of Torment."
    YES YES YEEEEEEES!!!! I didnt read the rest yet but I had to say FINALLY they did this, I was waiting for a long time, lol XD f:victory
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
    edited December 2013
    Is Kitty use Windows 7 and Eset Nod32 antivirus? In that case Kitty should install a hotfix KB2789397.f:despise

Nah, Windows 7 and Avast Antivirus. Kitty's PC just ish a bit weirdo/nitpicky about softwares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i have the launcher updated, but whenever i click in "play" it syas "game enter fails" T-T what can i do?
  • _Chavy_ - Archosaur
    _Chavy_ - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would like to see the fash weapons perm to buy and dyeable. A walking stick or old fashion revolver and other things. Maybe make the fash weapons do certain moves only characteristic to that weapon would be cool.
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ...blablabla... revolver ...blablabla...
    Did you know this is a fantasy game in an ancient world?
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And yet we have the Chrono Bike, an obvious motorcycle.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And yet we have the Chrono Bike, an obvious motorcycle.

I heard there's a story behind that one, something went wrong with the past pwi maps and the chronobike came out of one of the portals or something.
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    eveery time when there is a big update y is it that i always hv dling it ~.~
  • a1nicegrandma
    a1nicegrandma Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would like to see a cleric weapon look like a syringe and would like to see these items as permanent and tradable, etc. Make the syringe fill with blood as you kill the mobs would be cool as well.
    Thank you.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is just my curiosity while I wait for my client to update, but were there new flyers added? I see there is a new mount and the augment device is back, but it looks like there aren't any new flyers from what was already there. Just curious if there were any released and I'm just completely blind and missing them since there tends to be some with new mounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.