[Maintenance Discussion] 12-18-2013 NEW HORIZONS UPDATE COMPLETE

defenderofdreams
defenderofdreams Posts: 78
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

Tonight is the special night! The download will be extra chunky today, as we are updating the game with the New Horizons expansion. We expect the process to take double the usual maintenance length, our estimate is:

11pm PST - 5am PST

As always, we want the maintenance to go smoothly so that we can release the content to you as soon as possible.

As we near release, this thread will be updated with the patch notes as well as the events you can expect to have fun with!

This week's maintenance question:

What type of fashion weapons would you like to see?

Courtesy of Surtr

New Features
*Reawakening: By returning to level 1 and consolidating your power, you can permanently raise your stats. Reawakening unlocks an experience boost, a new questline, and the new Primal World zone.

*New zone: The Primal World. Journey to the ancient land abandoned by Pan Gu, to fight new enemies and gain new rewards!

*Historical Advancement: Advance the story through serverwide progression, completing quests to unlock new areas and quests.

*War Avatar: Collect cards based on famous friends and foes of Perfect World to boost your stats!

*Place of Origination: A new starting zone for new characters. Make your way from the Primal World to Perfect World with an exciting new series of quests!

*New Skills: Upgrade to stronger versions of existing skills, including Sage and Demon versions, or try out a variety of brand-new skills found in the Primal World.

*Cultivation Assistant: Automatically kill enemies to quickly level your character.

User Interface
*The Event Calendar has been overhauled with more detailed information. It now allows you to automatically form squads for events, and even teleport directly there with a new Cash Shop item, Angel of Wishes.

*The venomancer, Sheomay, can now be summoned from the Encyclopedia to provide helpful information. While she is out, clicking on a skill or item will automatically display its Encyclopedia entry.

*Many dungeons have received updated maps in the style of Abaddon or the Seat of Torment.

*The PK Protections button has been moved above your health bar.

*The PK Mode toggle has been moved into the PK Protections pane.

*A new Functions menu option has been added, containing Actions, the Encyclopedia, the Pet Bag, Commission Shops, and the Cultivation System.

*A new rewards chest has been added to the upper left. Click it to receive rewards from leveling up, Reawakening, staying logged in, and more!

Skills
*All skill tooltips have been rewritten for clarity, consistency, and accuracy. Skill functionality has not been changed.
*Skill tooltips now list the amount of Chi generated by the skill.

Archer
*Winged Pledge has been renamed to Wing Strike.
*Wingspan has been renamed to Wing Burst.

Assassin
*Dagger Devotion has been renamed to Dagger Mastery.

Barbarian
*True Form has been renamed to Tiger Form.

Cleric
*Aurora Array has been renamed to Aurora Burst.
*Absorbing Array has been renamed to Aurora Blast.

Gameplay
*Character customization has been expanded. A wider range of body sizes can now be created, and new presets have been added.
*The Summonobot XL has returned to work in Abaddon after vacationing in the Crimson Imperium.
*The Void Panther mount can no longer be dyed.
*The Title Search functionality now works properly.

Find out about the events that are going on with the release of New Horizons.
We'll have one more New Years event to show-off at a later date that is brand new too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 760-765 1435.1MB (1504843882 bytes)
    Wow this thing is big!

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    What types are there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• RikuH - Dreamweaver
    RikuH - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fist post! C:
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    2nd post
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    6 hour maint b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • SeaCups - Dreamweaver
    SeaCups - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fist post! C:

First to ur Fist Post!b:chuckle
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dont care about fashion weapons
    In any case, >Expansion Maint thread, so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A bunny on a pink stick. =3
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    U guys not gonna give us a guide about how to reincarnate or get new skills?

b:surrender

Edit: I would like to see Cake/Pie/Bananas fashion lol.
  • aciafillia
    aciafillia Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dont care about fashion weapons
    In any case, >Expansion Maint thread, so...

He didn't ask rather you cared or not but which type. If you don't care, why reply? O.o
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would love to be able to use the look of other weapons with as a new fashion weapon. Like I would want my Halfway Galaxy Sword look like a Wooden Sword b:laugh it would be so awesome
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lol 11am to 5 am gg
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just add first post with links to the posts with the information so they are easy to find. But yay, now I know when to bother getting up :).
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited December 2013
    aciafillia wrote: »
    He didn't ask rather you cared or not but which type. If you don't care, why reply? O.o

For additional post count and the sake of posting in a maint thread, obv.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cant even get the manual patch to even start
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • aciafillia
    aciafillia Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would like to see a cake with candles, a Christmas tree, Wreath, and a Candy Cane for new fashion weapons. b:pleasedb:laughb:chuckle
    For additional post count and the sake of posting in a maint thread, obv.

LOL pony obssesion! I will request a pony stuffed animal or doll fashion weapon on your behalf. b:victoryb:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To any GM reading this, can we get a news post on the reawakening system and its functions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey everyone,

Tonight is the special night! The download will be extra chunky today, as we are updating the game with the New Horizons expansion. We expect the process to take double the usual maintenance length, our estimate is:

11am PST - 5am PST

As always, we want the maintenance to go smoothly so that we can release the content to you as soon as possible.

As we near release, this thread will be updated with the patch notes as well as the events you can expect to have fun with!

This week's maintenance question:

QQ there goes Australia's hopes of seeing the expansion tonight b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XBrattygirlX - Lost City
    XBrattygirlX - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is it 11am or 11pm like normal Maintenance's?
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just add first post with links to the posts with the information so they are easy to find. But yay, now I know when to bother getting up :).

this please.
    b:bye
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    X-mas weapon fashion
  • Zuuka - Sanctuary
    Zuuka - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    SweetieBot, Thats what she said.
    edited December 2013
    Now that I think of it, this thread reminds me of a previous maint question
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

This week's question:

If you could create your own Fashion Weapon, what what you be fighting with?

Thanks!

- The PWI Team

Either way, my answer would be the same.
    I've said this before somewhere, but I'd like to have a Mini-Hakkero Reactor as a Sphere (or a small Keystone..or a Yin-Yang Orb).
    Or a Control Rod for a Magic Sword (or the Sword of Hisou)

Or Roukan Dual Swords (complete with a myon of your own~)

Or...a grimoire (any magic weapon) that opens (while casting) and shuts (while idle) and flips through its pages rapidly while channeling skills!
    b:pleased
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    SweetieBot, Thats what she said.
    Did you believe her?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hmm...frying pans for fist/claw, rubber chicken for pole axe
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Shaylamis - Raging Tide
    Shaylamis - Raging Tide Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fashion gear!! xD no idea, just kidding. btw, ty for the manual patch, i hate the download queue
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cant even get the manual patch to even start

I can't get it to work either.

DoD please check over the manual patch I don't think it's functioning correctly.

EDIT: I only tried opening the file from my downloads folder. Rickioo, something I just found is if you go to your patcher (C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher) and open the patcher there, you can manually select a file to patch with. Try this and see what results you get. :D
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I tried installing the patch early on my laptop (since I rarely use it for PWI so why not) and I keep getting an error - "Update listed files error."

Is this just because I'm trying it early? I'm hoping I can wake up tomorrow and play right away >.>
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • SailorKitty - Lost City
    SailorKitty - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    a weapon that is not +10...

( just rubbing it in :3 )

Happy x mas to the team, you guys take the heat of sad development you have no say in to.

sad sad

last weapon Idea,

Unlimited cap visa card ... oh wait already exist !
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Brace yourselves, there will be bugs and glitches and QQ!
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Time to take screenshots in case things go south as expected.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
This discussion has been closed.