Poll: How do you feel about pwi?

flopityblue
flopityblue Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Considering playing this game, just wondering what the public's opinion of their game
Post edited by flopityblue on

Comments

• Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i vote yes with all the bugs at this time. all games of this type has bugs you just play with them b:victory
  • Itamio - Lost City
    Itamio - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think the game is a really ****ing amazing game that's extremely well made in so many way. If you're looking for something casual to play to make friends or chat you should definitely try it out.

The company handling the game is complete rubbish. If you want to win you should run as fast as you can and never look back.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    I voted neutral. The game still has the potential to become something on the same playing field as EQ, but fails to because of mismanagement by PWE, and horrid code changes from Wanmei to support our versions specific differences.

If some people could pull their heads out of their *****, they could really revive the games community and make this version as popular as it's parent in China. It's going to take a lot of work at this point though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKaan - Harshlands
    DaKaan - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI is a great game, but mismanaged like nobody else can except the current one is doing
    Ghanima 101 wiz, DaKaaN 101 BM, Ra\/en 96 Seeker
    Quit this game for another one called real life b:shocked
  • Myisho - Dreamweaver
    Myisho - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i voted stay well away from game they are just interested in taking you money with no care in the world for how you are treated.And with little to no care for customer satisfaction
  • tribells1
    tribells1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Stay away from this game. Just a bunch of people that would set your house on fire just so they can make you pa for a glass of tap water to extinguish it
  • Hunt - Raging Tide
    Hunt - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Awesome game,awesome comunity,but management can be better,if there is one at all b:chuckle
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I voted neutral. The game still has the potential to become something on the same playing field as EQ, but fails to because of mismanagement by PWE, and horrid code changes from Wanmei to support our versions specific differences.

If some people could pull their heads out of their *****, they could really revive the games community and make this version as popular as it's parent in China. It's going to take a lot of work at this point though.

Pretty much this ^
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For a new person, its a double edged sword. Not many people in starter areas even quest, as they are FC addicts. But, also early on, if you aren't into leveling as fast as you can, it really can be a fun, beautiful game.

Mid levels, its hard to find people still to quest or run dungeons with, as again, FC addicts....

End game, can be fun, but for me personally, it became repetitive and boring, plus people mainly think only for themselves. That and it can get prohibitively expensive if you don't have available funds to put into the game.

Try it out, but remember there are a lot of great MMOs out there where the costs are for mainly cosmetic things, and not for endgame gear that leads to gloating you are super-pro at button mashing, or the flipside the same super-pro button mashers are the most vocal of crybabies (which I find hysterical how much they whine)
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013

This man speaks truth!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Great game mostly,
    Mostly honest player base,

But the few dishonest players who think its their god given right to rip everyone off and a management which fails to punish them because they listen to the few who think it their god given right to rip us all off, make this game a nightmare for those who play by the rules.

And whats with these stupid short bans.
    People who cheat should be treated like Lance Armstrong and banned for life when caught doing any cheating, not just a 3 day ban.

I dont care if they can make a new account and start again at least they are having to do all the effort again and we do not have to waste energy protesting what is obviously cheating to most, besides maybe after trying a few times getting caught and banned they may get bored and leave or god forbid they may even grow up and see how self defeating cheating at anything is.

But once again I am not holding my breath.

Currently I have a very bad taste in my mouth from this last group of stuff ups from them and will wait to see what happens before I log back in game or spend money again.

Currently neutral vote.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Voted against playing, this last fiasco with roll back/ not roll back / already had done a rollback is just to much of a headache to keep me interested, so now i will only play on weekends if my faction needs me for tw. Luckily there are many options in gaming.
  • sexphiroth
    sexphiroth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Whats the point in playing a game full with bugs/glitches that pwi dont fix them for years and an Management that dont care about u?
  • hotlatina
    hotlatina Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    f:ouch New gms i dont think they know how to fix the glitches, hire the old ones back maybe the game would be better with less glitch b:dirty
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Your poll options are this
    GREAT----------------------------------neutral-------------------------------****

^But my opinion is more in this region.

And i'm sure there are people who don't think it's **** but are a bit more negative than "meh"

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Before you go and vote down this game based on the last week of mishaps. Maybe you should look into why they were caused. Because i feel like most of you are still QQing about a Rollback. Tho i feel Archosaur server isn't even all that popular and confirming this for me is the number of names that went up on the redspam from Emailed Orb codes. I saw maybe... 20-30 people i've never seen before. Quit literally all of arch got to know each other that day.

Furthermore, for those that a QQing because of the roll back, do yourself a favor and do some Research into a Roll back. See what it is, why it happens and how oftain it happens to games. IMO tho i've only player this FREE MMO. Only other server games i've played was.

-snip-

If you can't accept bugs then MMOs are just not for you.

So what, someone wrote a Code and forgot to put the digits in to make it a 1 time only game. It will be handled. For a gaming community of a free MMO you all are asking WAY TOO MUCH.

Gezz, -snip- forums didn't blow up this fast when their **** hit the fan.
    DoD and the rest of the Staffing of PWI, thank you for trying.
    My opinion will always remain, should have stopped at 2x/5x. I can speak for 2 others when i say, we just wanted to know that you cared about us. Nothing more.

Lag spikes, Bugs, random Patching updates, Losing NPCs, its all a fun ride. I like an MMO that keeps me on its toes. And, tho i've only been playing for 1 year and so many months, an expansion update every year is pretty... sweet.

-snip-
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i feel like pwi sure has a loud bunch of cry babies .... sometimes.. just sometimes... so loud they make the mods tear up o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ndnz
    ndnz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    This man speaks truth!

i would have to x2 this
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    This man speaks truth!

What are the difference with this poll to other main thrend? Additional **** on forum?

and mods participate on the poll also ..wtf
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Great game mostly,
    Mostly honest player base,

But the few dishonest players who think its their god given right to rip everyone off and a management which fails to punish them because they listen to the few who think it their god given right to rip us all off, make this game a nightmare for those who play by the rules.

In any business: consistency is important. PWI is consistent in not punishing mass abusers. It's not that they feel it's their given right, but that PWI let others off the hook so they should and will continue to do so.
    And whats with these stupid short bans.
    People who cheat should be treated like Lance Armstrong and banned for life when caught doing any cheating, not just a 3 day ban.

Lance? - His career was already over! He's just getting publicity for his other **** now. No: PWI should be consistent, learn from their past mistake at punishing and stop the madness. (sure they will eventually anyway as they've done).
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    What are the difference with this poll to other main thrend? Additional **** on forum?

and mods participate on the poll also ..wtf

Mods are also just players entitled to their opinion on this game, they have nothing to do with the company.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Considering playing this game, just wondering what the public's opinion of their game

I am an avid MMORPGer and have played most every game online.

I started PW when PW-MY came out (sister to PW-CN)... and that was about 3 years prior to PWI. Then PWI came out and had Fairy's so I came over on day 1.

The community is exceptionally strong and I have yet to see this type of interaction in any other game - including how tight knit some guilds can be.

I did leave and went to two huge games by a big named gaming company - one is about 5 years also now. And that game and the other... is like sure... everything is gainable but the squading, the guild families, the wars? It's like .... simply hundreds and thousands of people .. going through the movements and ... nothing more.

They have events > and give you stuff. As you level > they give you stuff. Some has methods of moving to another channel > to level at a 2x pace.

Give > give > give > give... Fun at first.. but it's almost as if - you are saturated in stuff so easy to get... and nothing really worth working HARD for.

And that's the thing.

I've been in some of the top guilds - where folks group up (fixed squads) and keep the same groups in TW. Over time, trust is built - where you go in and farm for each - one at a time.. knowing eventually it will be your turn - but giving 100% - when it is someone else's gear you are grinding for.

And when these groups do go to war - they move effortlessly together - almost no words needed because they know how each other works in a group, thinks and reacts.

It's very hard to explain but the moment you leave to go to another game - sure.. the excitement of NEW .. is there.. till over time, you see... it's not the same, and simply cannot compare.

Even when I left and kept playing other games - I kept taking peeks at this site and forum and it was like I was deeply ... home sick.

I came back in September - and was torn between this and the game I was leaving. So for 30 days I went back and forth.

What changed my mind? I got into several guilds - met up with old old players like me, new players and there are such helpful folks in game.

They talk to you (not AT you), they don't treat low levels as a plague - not worth their time or effort and they are very good at mentoring.

So I deleted the other game - and have not looked back since Oct 01.

It's all about what you want.

This time I'm having fun and not being too serious ... I don't need THE best gear anymore, I don't need to be THE best either.

I'm quite content... just being back.

My first character was a Werefox (Venomancer) and the changes PWI made - are .... thrilling. I can't wait to hit 100.

And when I do... wow... the expansion will be here by then.

Here's the thing. Everyone will tell you it's Pay to Win - sure, it can be.... but is that what you want out of the game? Some of the happiest times playing PW was when I was small, had nothing exception great folks in my guild and around me - helping and hitting the instances... together.

That's what I like about PWI - the together... it's very strong in this game.. like no other I've played.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The game itself is good. That's why we're all still here, and why I voted it as a great game. Now, like any game, it has its share of negatives as well. The company could also stand to fine tune some things also. However, I do recommend trying the game out for yourself and seeing how you like it. It doesn't have a high playerbase at lower levels. Most people are endgame or nearing endgame, but the game is by no means dead. It just needs some improvement in certain categories...so with that said, download it and try it out. Its still downloaded on my computer for a reason...whereas several other games have been uninstalled.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Kingerio - Archosaur
    Kingerio - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, you guys only complain on everthing they do to us, if they give rewards you complain, what's u guys problem? b:beatup b:beatenup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kingerio - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    I forgot to say but. THERE IS NO COMUNITY THAT IS EQUAL OR BETTER THAN PWI COMUNITY! Did you ever think about it? PWI players talk each other you can just see someone and say hi, most part of em will talk with you even help you and be your friend. What game is like this? i tried **** already (was trying other games, because PWI got a bit hard, but never planned to stop playing it), **** is good, amazing, good graphics etc... to play it u need a really good computer, it lags, it's bit hard to make friends or meet people. while in PWI u make friends and talk with everyone, so what's ur problem with the game? if you don't like it, why u keep playing? i love PWI b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kingerio - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    I am an avid MMORPGer and have played most every game online.

I started PW when PW-MY came out (sister to PW-CN)... and that was about 3 years prior to PWI. Then PWI came out and had Fairy's so I came over on day 1.

The community is exceptionally strong and I have yet to see this type of interaction in any other game - including how tight knit some guilds can be.

I did leave and went to two huge games by a big named gaming company - one is about 5 years also now. And that game and the other... is like sure... everything is gainable but the squading, the guild families, the wars? It's like .... simply hundreds and thousands of people .. going through the movements and ... nothing more.

They have events > and give you stuff. As you level > they give you stuff. Some has methods of moving to another channel > to level at a 2x pace.

Give > give > give > give... Fun at first.. but it's almost as if - you are saturated in stuff so easy to get... and nothing really worth working HARD for.

And that's the thing.

I've been in some of the top guilds - where folks group up (fixed squads) and keep the same groups in TW. Over time, trust is built - where you go in and farm for each - one at a time.. knowing eventually it will be your turn - but giving 100% - when it is someone else's gear you are grinding for.

And when these groups do go to war - they move effortlessly together - almost no words needed because they know how each other works in a group, thinks and reacts.

It's very hard to explain but the moment you leave to go to another game - sure.. the excitement of NEW .. is there.. till over time, you see... it's not the same, and simply cannot compare.

Even when I left and kept playing other games - I kept taking peeks at this site and forum and it was like I was deeply ... home sick.

I came back in September - and was torn between this and the game I was leaving. So for 30 days I went back and forth.

What changed my mind? I got into several guilds - met up with old old players like me, new players and there are such helpful folks in game.

They talk to you (not AT you), they don't treat low levels as a plague - not worth their time or effort and they are very good at mentoring.

So I deleted the other game - and have not looked back since Oct 01.

It's all about what you want.

This time I'm having fun and not being too serious ... I don't need THE best gear anymore, I don't need to be THE best either.

I'm quite content... just being back.

My first character was a Werefox (Venomancer) and the changes PWI made - are .... thrilling. I can't wait to hit 100.

And when I do... wow... the expansion will be here by then.

Here's the thing. Everyone will tell you it's Pay to Win - sure, it can be.... but is that what you want out of the game? Some of the happiest times playing PW was when I was small, had nothing exception great folks in my guild and around me - helping and hitting the instances... together.

That's what I like about PWI - the together... it's very strong in this game.. like no other I've played.
    :) that's exactly what i meant to say, that's the best in PWI, no other game have it, everyone... together.
    I'd like to meet you someday.
    And keep like that :) u'll reach lvl 100 as the best like that b:laugh i'm lvl 100 already, i don't like to lvl like this but i reached some part of my lvl 99 and 100 with FCs even though i hate to do rooms, but i love to do Full FC, because i met lots of friends in there hehe. see ya b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    good game, crappy management
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I still play the game on a daily manner. I have some good friends here and a great faction.
    Sadly I saw how badly the game was managed over the years (the others have I guess already explained all of the reasons for that).
    I keep asking to others: "Why wasn't this game properly worked on? Imagine how stellar it would have been if developers and GMs truly cared!".

It ends being like the other MMORPG I quit before being here, particularly the huge mistakes we are put through, followed by inadapted compensation and "sorry, we will fix it SOON" without any proper fix date (if there is any). Do you guys need an example for that? b:surrender
    ...at least the prices for basic weapons and armor are not astronomical unlike there (I still wonder why TT and other farmable equipment are not dirt cheap, given how instances are overfarmed).

Etc..
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And keep like that :) u'll reach lvl 100 as the best like that b:laugh i'm lvl 100 already, i don't like to lvl like this but i reached some part of my lvl 99 and 100 with FCs even though i hate to do rooms, but i love to do Full FC, because i met lots of friends in there hehe. see ya b:victory

I've been lvl 100+ on so many accounts... I'm not a beginning player but one that was here from the very beginning, even pre-PWI.

I actually LOVE 100+ more because.... well to me the hardest thing about playing PWI is when you cannot find someone higher to assist you - and you are trying to assist someone smaller or around your level. You have the know how - just... not the power yet. I think ... not being able to help someone because I"m.... small (lvl).. is what pains me the most.

Truth is - since I've been back and rerolled here - I have always found assistance when simply standing by the boss and waiting.

Even when I got my fb89 and did a shout out in WC - first the cleric and then, just as I was getting glum - a group of folks started pming me and .... they not only led me through Brimm but guarded me.

It reminded me of how PW was in my memories.

I have to agree, it is the management. It does not take much to TEST things out and think around all of the possible issues that could arise here.

We know - the server will be hit and hit hard. We know - there has been past issues with this rewards script. We know - many are very technically savvy and will try to ... manipulate it.

So.. then .. as long as PWI has been out, and as long as these same glitches has existed - why did this happen.... yet again?

Either take pride in your work, your creations and your ability.. or go... you know? Stop griefing us - with your incompetence, and inability to do your job - right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This game has had great times and not so great times, I'm still here and I'll remain.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47