Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well said, mod-person.

I do have to ask though, even though it said once per account here, WHY did the redeem page say "Please do not use this code for another 10 minutes."? That right there instantly makes people think "Oh hey, 10 minutes then I can use this again? Sweet!"

Granted, the massive amount of abuse was flat-out wrong, but I'm in the boat of having used it on my two alts, without realising the one per account thing (I don't check the forums much).

Rollback vs no rollback...honestly at this rate, I don't even know.

I honestly don't know when that text started appearing. When I redeemed the code, nothing was said about "Please wait ten minutes!" When I tried to test the whole getting it more than once thing about 20 minutes later, it said "This code has already been redeemed."

So I'm guessing the 10 minutes thing was the webpage getting confused due to the massive loads of traffic it was receiving.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    they should have just sent it in mass ingame mail like they used to do things instead of this code ****.Hope not to get a roll back now lol all I need is like 13% for my psy to be 100!! so I can spend like 50+ mill for orbs then use my lovely great gift to +10 my weapon.
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    SuckMyCrit - Momaganon Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    4h rollback bla bla bla

n00bs!!!!!!!! - 1st they would need to have a backup ! no ****** way they do a backup every 1 hour - so forget about it !

be happy if they do at least a daily backup - but even then it wont be just last 4 hours but mostly 24h or so

however the archa issue showed they most likely do only a weekly backup so yea.... 3 days rollback in this situation - will it make u happy???

almost guarente its only every maint and yea id still want a roll back even though ive been spamming tt and would lose close to 100m
  • Galacatta - Archosaur
    Galacatta - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    THANK YOU <3 This helps me out heaps b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • _/Lost\_ - Archosaur
    _/Lost\_ - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For those of us that didn't abuse the codes, it does show how greedy and immature those that did truly are. I really didn't think people would do what they have on my server, but I was again proved wrong. I even posted in WC the all server code in hopes it'd make people not able to scam eachother with it. Again was proven wrong. Sigh, ones greed knows no bounds it seems. Whatever the consequences for the abusers actions we face, I'll accept it. Even if another rollback happens to before any compensation was given, I'll accept it. As long as nothing else is given to us as compensation no matter howmuch people rage about it. I for one express my apologizes for the actions caused by those that decided to abuse the codes instead of be glad they got anything. Happy gaming to those that didn't abuse the codes, and to those that did, hope you all rot in hell.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    karmelia wrote: »
    Sorry, but it's PWE's job to make sure something like that cannot happen.

Something more or less similar once happened in another game I was playing.

The bug was noticed within minutes (yea, they had GMs checking after updates to see if everything went well), the servers were immediately closed, the bug was fixed in less than 30 minutes, the servers were rollbacked to before the bug happened and then reopened. The GMs then checked again and waited to see if everything was going right this time.

When they tested the code, it probably worked as intended. Hell, for most of us the code DID work as intended. It couldn't be redeemed twice. Usually, in the past, when I've hit refresh or whatever on the "Thank you!" page it just takes me back to code input and nothing else happens. For some reason, for some people today, it didn't do that. It just kept sending it out over and over and over until it realised "Hey! You've already redeemed this. Shoo!"

I'm guessing the system took a while to figure that out due to the heavy heavy HEAVY traffic that webpage was receiving.
  • Liazu - Archosaur
    Liazu - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not only would a rollback be unfair to everyone who did NOT abuse the code such as I, but it would be senseless. The best thing to do is simply ban the players who did abuse the code, preferably a permanent ban. I, for one gained a lot of exp today through morai quest chain and fc and it wouldnt be fair on my part to have to do it all again. I have school and go to the gym everyday and have many other things to do, so its not like I have time to blow. There are many other factors to be considered here. There are better approaches then acting like a brute and rolling back the whole server. It'd be really Effed up. The best punishment, as I said, would be to permanently banned all of the accounts who abused it and letting them miss out on the new expansion. The only way for them to come back to game would be through a new I.P. address and account and forcing them to start over.
  • SeaAnna - Archosaur
    SeaAnna - Archosaur Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How is no rollback fair? Fixing the code and blocking the users? What's that going to fix? Absolutely nothing. Because the people who exploited the glitch, already have tens of tens of *10 orbs. It doesn't fix anything.

Players took advantage of a glitch that was obviously a glitch. Don't defend the players, they knew EXACTLY what they were doing and why they wanted to do it. They're greedy, they've got alts gear or their own gear they want to enhance.They knew *10 orbs were up for grabs and they didn't care who they hurt or who they stopped from getting their's. They knew how much event gold, hypers and exp scrolls were in the packs. That's 1mil EXP a pack. Players knew exactly what they were doing.

I think we have to except the fact that it was glitched and multiple orbs were given to some by mistake while others did take intentionally . Many abuse the system and the game bots are a form of stealing in game too and that is not fair also. So if I can just get the finally compensation I will be fine. If those that cheated to get ahead can live with themselves then I can live with them. I play the game for me and to enjoy time with friends I have made what I got I have gotten honest and that means more to me then 50 orbs could ever mean.
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rats, I missed out on the code.

I wonder who is going to be on the new web team. ou know there are going to be firings over this debacle
  • HeavenSpawn - Dreamweaver
    HeavenSpawn - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ow do we decide who abused and who did not. I for one on my Veno ended up with 3 sets some how. I put in my code it sat and loaded for a long time then it timed out. I checked my toon waited got no mail so I then resent the code. Went back to my toon and I got the first set in the mail and was happy. Then as I was opening them more started coming in. Sooo this said I was caught in a glitch not abusing the code. So do I get banned for getting 9orbs?
  • GhostHealer - Heavens Tear
    GhostHealer - Heavens Tear Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Are we happy now, folks? Really, I hope everyone who abused this is proud of themselves.

We had an issue on one server and the folks at PWI who have the least power and the most to worry about managed to beg and plead with their bosses until they got us some major compensation for our issues.

Then a bunch of mostly jealous people rant about how it's unfair that they decided to let those with the compensation do as they pleased with it. Not to mention plenty of demands to make it so everyone got something due to the mess it was causing in some's opinions.

So these same people saw the concerns and decided that you guys were right and that they should give us all a hand. So they went through their bosses. Again. And hurray we all got level playing field.

It should have ended there... but no, that wasn't good enough for some. Instead, people had to abuse the goodwill of the people with the LEAST POWER IN THE COMPANY to get a massive advantage over others. Because, hey, why play fair and kindly accept what the GMs who obviously care worked their butts off to get for us.

So now here we are in this screwed up situation with people getting +10 orbs left and right as well as tons of event gold by breaking the system while others, who are just trying to legitimately get ONE, are screwed entirely. Really, guys? When PWI tries to do right by us they get this kind of stark reminder of why they should stay away?

Honestly, I'll be surprised if they ever try to be good to us again after this. Yeah they can **** up a lot. And yeah they have tons of mistakes and issues... but having us do **** like this the instant they try to be better? Yeah that's sure gonna help encourage them to be more open with us and be more willing to help us out and compensate us when issues arise.

Yeah. I know many who are here weren't abusing this or didn't try to. But the fact is enough people did. Those of you who know the exploit, I sincerely hope you aren't going to be hypocrites and enjoy the double standard of abusing glitches in your favor but getting in an uproar about those that aren't in your favor.... aka I hope you've reported how this glitch is performed so it can be stopped.

I'm all for yelling at PWE when they **** up. But as players, this fiasco shows we're the ones who screwed up this time. And those guilty of **** over everyone else in the aftermath of whatever happens because of this should feel horrible about themselves.

And this is a rant as a fellow player and member of the community. Not as a mod.
    Can I just say.....
    I LOVE YOU. f:heart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Odovacer - Dreamweaver
    Odovacer - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just roll back the server and bann the people abusing codes...

Can't ban everyone who got more than they should, the servers would be ghost towns. Rollback and move on. Should be able to go back to last maintenance instead of waiting until next.
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    that's sucks I wish I coulda gotten my 3 per account I couldn't get the page to load
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • dustia
    dustia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Are we happy now, folks? Really, I hope everyone who abused this is proud of themselves.

We had an issue on one server and the folks at PWI who have the least power and the most to worry about managed to beg and plead with their bosses until they got us some major compensation for our issues.

Then a bunch of mostly jealous people rant about how it's unfair that they decided to let those with the compensation do as they pleased with it. Not to mention plenty of demands to make it so everyone got something due to the mess it was causing in some's opinions.

So these same people saw the concerns and decided that you guys were right and that they should give us all a hand. So they went through their bosses. Again. And hurray we all got level playing field.

It should have ended there... but no, that wasn't good enough for some. Instead, people had to abuse the goodwill of the people with the LEAST POWER IN THE COMPANY to get a massive advantage over others. Because, hey, why play fair and kindly accept what the GMs who obviously care worked their butts off to get for us.

So now here we are in this screwed up situation with people getting +10 orbs left and right as well as tons of event gold by breaking the system while others, who are just trying to legitimately get ONE, are screwed entirely. Really, guys? When PWI tries to do right by us they get this kind of stark reminder of why they should stay away?

Honestly, I'll be surprised if they ever try to be good to us again after this. Yeah they can **** up a lot. And yeah they have tons of mistakes and issues... but having us do **** like this the instant they try to be better? Yeah that's sure gonna help encourage them to be more open with us and be more willing to help us out and compensate us when issues arise.

Yeah. I know many who are here weren't abusing this or didn't try to. But the fact is enough people did. Those of you who know the exploit, I sincerely hope you aren't going to be hypocrites and enjoy the double standard of abusing glitches in your favor but getting in an uproar about those that aren't in your favor.... aka I hope you've reported how this glitch is performed so it can be stopped.

I'm all for yelling at PWE when they **** up. But as players, this fiasco shows we're the ones who screwed up this time. And those guilty of **** over everyone else in the aftermath of whatever happens because of this should feel horrible about themselves.

And this is a rant as a fellow player and member of the community. Not as a mod.

EXACTLY my thoughts. I believe everybody should read this, and i couldn't have summed up our situation better myself b:victory
  • NoirAquarius - Dreamweaver
    NoirAquarius - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    karmelia wrote: »
    Sorry, but it's PWE's job to make sure something like that cannot happen.

Something more or less similar once happened in another game I was playing.

The bug was noticed within minutes (yea, they had GMs checking after updates to see if everything went well), the servers were immediately closed, the bug was fixed in less than 30 minutes, the servers were rollbacked to before the bug happened and then reopened. The GMs then checked again and waited to see if everything was going right this time.

Agreed that it is their job to check for these things and the fact that it was going on for hours is kind of a concern. People are greedy and tbh that should be expected of any glitch that people can get their hands on and i know plenty of people in the thread also did so as well. I don't think a ban is appropriate since most people were involved in the glitch either by accident or by choice some people just refreshing for one code, clicking once and getting a mail box full, or by spamming the hell out of it. A roll back should be simple enough no harm no foul, everyone learns a lesson and moves on.
    "Why blind them with Brilliance when you can baffle them with Bullsh*t"~

"Can't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent." ;D
  • SharSharX - Morai
    SharSharX - Morai Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    take care roll back will make us back to last wednesday and its not fair really for me i made 3 pieces of g16 for my cleric last 2 days b:shocked made alot of fws and made alot of coins from catshoping etc roll back wouid be disappointing for meb:sadb:cry
  • kouser
    kouser Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm fairly sure that many of us are afraid to lose a day or longer's work in PWI....
    though, I know this is an issue but there must be a logical way to fix this...
    I can only provide pictures of those who got more than 3 :l....
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    that's sucks I wish I coulda gotten my 3 per account I couldn't get the page to load
    It'll be back in a few days with a email so you can only do it once.
    I hope...
    f:sneaky
  • TigerBabe - Harshlands
    TigerBabe - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not only would a rollback be unfair to everyone who did NOT abuse the code such as I, but it would be senseless. The best thing to do is simply ban the players who did abuse the code, preferably a permanent ban. I, for one gained a lot of exp today through morai quest chain and fc and it wouldnt be fair on my part to have to do it all again. I have school and go to the gym everyday and have many other things to do, so its not like I have time to blow. There are many other factors to be considered here. There are better approaches then acting like a brute and rolling back the whole server. It'd be really Effed up. The best punishment, as I said, would be to permanently banned all of the accounts who abused it and letting them miss out on the new expansion. The only way for them to come back to game would be through a new I.P. address and account and forcing them to start over.

you are either trolling or..you must be trolling.
  • Pickerel - Heavens Tear
    Pickerel - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When they tested the code, it probably worked as intended. Hell, for most of us the code DID work as intended. It couldn't be redeemed twice. Usually, in the past, when I've hit refresh or whatever on the "Thank you!" page it just takes me back to code input and nothing else happens. For some reason, for some people today, it didn't do that. It just kept sending it out over and over and over until it realised "Hey! You've already redeemed this. Shoo!"

I'm guessing the system took a while to figure that out due to the heavy heavy HEAVY traffic that webpage was receiving.

But the thing is, this has happened not once, but several times already in the past. So they knew it was a possibility, and like karmelia said they should have been watching to make sure it would work properly if they insisted on using this buggy method of distribution.

But now it's gone so far that there is irreparable damage. A rollback would be all well and good if they happened to make a backup right before distributing the code, but what are the odds of that? Last time they had to rollback the save was on a random Saturday. And if they have to rollback every server for any length of time like that, it will cause them a lot more grief than to just leave things as they are.

It really isn't very fair for those that couldn't get anything, or even those who got the normal amount. But I'm not really sure what they can do about it at this point. I just hope they at least allow the accounts that didn't get anything to get the base amount at some point.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am quite disappointed it was abused, I am really glad that they tried to make it 'right' for all.

For the record I did get the orbs, but I didn't abuse it... I so wouldnt be surprised if there is a rollback to try and undo the damage... or at least I hope so.

I think this is a prime example of why they are getting rid of this code system.... it seems highly glitchy... though some of it might be attributed to an overworked coder... still this so isnt the first time the codes haven't done what they should have done.

I am sorry people abused it, like they did.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Are you kidding me? What about the MOG glitch? The FC glitch? Dream Chaser glitch? WTF did PWI do about that? Nothing. They said they cant prove that someone didnt reach 105 without the glitch.... Seriously reach from lvl 1 to 105 in a week? **** that. They knew about for weeks, maybe months. Yet they let it continue. No one was compensated for that at all. That is a huge disadvantage for those who didnt exploit it, not only the extra stats received from getting higher level, but the damage reduction from lvls under 103 and the extra damage dealt to people under level 103.

This is PWIs fault. Again they do something without testing it. Blame it on THEM not the players. They never learned their lesson from the previous ones. The only one who screwed anyone over was PWI when they failed to do proper server maintenance, and failed to keep in touch with their player base. Sure it was nice of them to try and do something but at the same time it would have taken 2 minutes to test the dam code before sending it live. The knew that stuff like this has happened before and they failed to use due diligence. Test, test and re-test.

That told saying that you can catch a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish feed him for life. If that was PWI they would have died of starvation.
    NGTUy53.png

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    >MFW I didn't get the opportunity to abuse it (only hearing of it when the page got flooded/went down)
    >Just like the other exploits
    >Yet knowing that something like this could possibly go unfixed and the abusers get away with it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    take care roll back will make us back to last wednesday and its not fair really for me i made 3 pieces of g16 for my cleric last 2 days b:shocked made alot of fws and made alot of coins from catshoping etc roll back wouid be disappointing for meb:sadb:cry

Congrats on your work, but now without roll back, you will be one shot every time you step into tw/nw.

Future updates are also pvp orientated to an extent to improve gear. So if there is no roll back, in essence you make things even harder for yourself later on.
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    SuckMyCrit - Momaganon Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    why are ppl so concered about loseing 2 days worth of work when some ppl got 50 ocean orbs (1 ocean = 20$-25$ gold, 50=1000$-1250$)
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, it must now be 21:00 on Pacific Coast, and PWI's offices must be empty by now.

Once solution would be to put everybody's gears to +10 ^_^
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2013

it's called QA (quality assurance).... it's a job title where you get to spend your day trying to break the game, usually targeting upcoming content prior to distribution.

so when you prepare something like a redemption code... or new content.... you are supposed to test it and try to break it so you can defend against exploitation.

we should already understand that PWE does not and can not touch the code of the game much if at all, so QA for game content would basically be in china....

the website however is a different bag of cookies. somebody dropped many balls, how many other codes proved that the person coding them doesn't understand anything about data validation and how to code a simple piece of logic that can track usage. yes it is unfair that every lose out because of some, but then again it is the only way to undo the harm (which is considerable)

- good players following the rules are gonna pay for players who exploit

-the blame is really on PWE for this but the fix involves putting other people at a disadvantage. if you have played the game for a decent amount of time then you should understand the history and most of this should not be a surprise.

-it really is just a game, step away from the keyboard and go stare at the sun or something.
  • insiak
    insiak Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I tried redeeming that and got no mail in the end, but I got this beautifull message telling me I will need to wait 10 minutes before I will be able to use that code AGAIN (usable more than once by design lol?)

No wonder some people were tempted to use that.
  • Cianuro - Archosaur
    Cianuro - Archosaur Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2013

This a hundred times. Some people are just never satisfied and end up getting everyone screwed over in the long run. Good job.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Already had the free MOG exploit and there was no roll back to correct it.

And the goon glitch, caster glitch, GV glitch, Dreamchaser pack glitch (which work by code too).

It's not the first time code stuff get abuse. After the dreamchaser pack glitch abuse why they didn't try to fix it or find a other way to give stuff?

It's a well know fact that EVERYTIME they put some rewards/gifts by code that end like that, we know it and they should know it.

Do people abusing it are good? No, but PWI don't learn from their mistakes and keep doing it all over again each time with no punishment.
This discussion has been closed.