Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    wow i keep hearing rollback this and rollback that just cause alot of people abuse something which should have been set from the start to only one code per account now cause of that the rest of us who got nothing and worked hard grinding and questing and doing other **** the hard way will have to pay the price? hell no i finally got back to 18m coins and got back some of the items i lost and now i might have to lose it all again? wow no no rollback

the damage is done peoples greed ruin it like always and it'll keep happening even if their is another rollback only those honest players are the ones that get to suffer and lose everything cause of it...
  • GrandKilady - Archosaur
    GrandKilady - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    personally think it is an awesome opportunity in the first place but if ppl want to not see the red text turn off your system messages from the text menu. Also although not everyone has been using their codes doesn't really mean that everyone else should suffer ppl will try to use n get stuff that didn't come to them in the first place but hey that's nature n more than likely a forseen event. It was nice to send the code out for every server but placing it on forums would help equalize on all servers but that didn't exclude archo server. I just think ppl should just stop crying about what anyone has or doesn't. just be happy with what u get.
  • GhostHealer - Heavens Tear
    GhostHealer - Heavens Tear Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You know, we all go on about how much we will lose, how utterly unfair it is to us, yadda yadda yadda.
    But we never stop to think about the situation going on at PWE.
    Someone could lose their job for this.
    And in a time as it is, losing a job could be cataclysmic.
    Their life work, down the drain, their career over just because some people let their greed get the best of them.
    We ALL know that PWE would NEVER allow a code like that to be intended for more than a single use, so honestly, why would you spam it?
    Isn't 3 orbs, 1 plat charm, and 100 event gold enough for you people? (Not counting the other stuff that I can't remember)
    You all sit there and blame the staff of PWE, yet we always forget that when we point fingers, 3 more point right back as us.
    As for a roll back, I fully look for them to do on, and not give us anything for it.
    So thank you, once again, those people who're so greedy that they always have to ruin it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

is it really necessary to "investigate" something thats so obvious?
    from what ive seen most ppl get 3orbs or someting per mail, got enough screens of ppl who got like 10+ orbs within a few minutes
  • nejiila#6844
    nejiila#6844 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

lol many even got to +11 using them while some like me didnt even got it ~.~
  • midvallyhorn
    midvallyhorn Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Are we happy now, folks? Really, I hope everyone who abused this is proud of themselves.

We had an issue on one server and the folks at PWI who have the least power and the most to worry about managed to beg and plead with their bosses until they got us some major compensation for our issues.

Then a bunch of mostly jealous people rant about how it's unfair that they decided to let those with the compensation do as they pleased with it. Not to mention plenty of demands to make it so everyone got something due to the mess it was causing in some's opinions.

So these same people saw the concerns and decided that you guys were right and that they should give us all a hand. So they went through their bosses. Again. And hurray we all got level playing field.

It should have ended there... but no, that wasn't good enough for some. Instead, people had to abuse the goodwill of the people with the LEAST POWER IN THE COMPANY to get a massive advantage over others. Because, hey, why play fair and kindly accept what the GMs who obviously care worked their butts off to get for us.

So now here we are in this screwed up situation with people getting +10 orbs left and right as well as tons of event gold by breaking the system while others, who are just trying to legitimately get ONE, are screwed entirely. Really, guys? When PWI tries to do right by us they get this kind of stark reminder of why they should stay away?

Honestly, I'll be surprised if they ever try to be good to us again after this. Yeah they can **** up a lot. And yeah they have tons of mistakes and issues... but having us do **** like this the instant they try to be better? Yeah that's sure gonna help encourage them to be more open with us and be more willing to help us out and compensate us when issues arise.

Yeah. I know many who are here weren't abusing this or didn't try to. But the fact is enough people did. Those of you who know the exploit, I sincerely hope you aren't going to be hypocrites and enjoy the double standard of abusing glitches in your favor but getting in an uproar about those that aren't in your favor.... aka I hope you've reported how this glitch is performed so it can be stopped.

I'm all for yelling at PWE when they **** up. But as players, this fiasco shows we're the ones who screwed up this time. And those guilty of **** over everyone else in the aftermath of whatever happens because of this should feel horrible about themselves.

And this is a rant as a fellow player and member of the community. Not as a mod.

*claps*
    Well said! Well said!
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? What about the MOG glitch? The FC glitch? Dream Chaser glitch? WTF did PWI do about that? Nothing.
    Agreed.

If PWI dealt with previous glitch and bug abuse the way they should have, people would not be so prone to abuse every glitch that happens.

Cheaters and bug abusers were never once banned for that, so when a new glitch happens, players say to themselves : "Hey! someone will abuse it and will not be punished for it and they will gain an advantage over me. Why should I not profit from this glitch too?"
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    SuckMyCrit - Momaganon Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You know, we all go on about how much we will lose, how utterly unfair it is to us, yadda yadda yadda.
    Their life work, down the drain, their career over just because some people let their greed get the best of them.
    We ALL know that PWE would NEVER allow a code like that to be intended for more than a single use, so honestly, why would you spam it?
    Isn't 3 orbs, 1 plat charm, and 100 event gold enough for you people? (Not counting the other stuff that I can't remember)
    You all sit there and blame the staff of PWE, yet we always forget that when we point fingers, 3 more point right back as us.
    As for a roll back, I fully look for them to do on, and not give us anything for it.
    So thank you, once again, those people who're so greedy that they always have to ruin it.

+1 well said
  • Peterpeterm - Raging Tide
    Peterpeterm - Raging Tide Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Kay if they roll back to this morning then we only lose couple hours, so don't complain about it being unfair . it is a MUST they roll back or the game is gonna be ruined esp with NW and TW people having 11+ that shouldn't.
  • cgatsby
    cgatsby Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ROLLBACK NOW BEFORE ITS GETTING LONGER, TO AVOID MORE INNOCENCE PEOPLE LOSS FROM REROLL.

-.- NO POINT TO CASH SHOP IF THE POOR PEOPLE(CODE ABUSER) USING THE SAME REFINE GEAR AS US CASH SHOPPER TOO. b:angry b:angry b:angry
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This is beyond a joke -_-
    it should be because it is.
  • /ATLAS - Archosaur112
    /ATLAS - Archosaur112 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So, people abused a flawed system. Should I do the same or be left behind? The competitive side of me says I would be stupid not to. Unfortunately I could not get the page to load so I did not get all the codes rightfully due me. As much as it ercks me that some got more orbs than they can possibley use and will be +10 on everything I do not begrudge them, what I am most upset about is PWI's failure on this matter. This is not the first time something like this has happened, then Jones blessing was spammed, maiden Kissed chest spammed. I do not see how we can jsutify penalizing players for PWI failure to correctly implement something, again. It seems to me PWI staff has been dropping the ball alot lately.
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    why are ppl so concered about loseing 2 days worth of work when some ppl got 50 ocean orbs (1 ocean = 20$-25$ gold, 50=1000$-1250$)

Because some worked really hard to achieve what they got.... Without charging gold. Hours and hours of grinding and farming to get a manufacturing skill leveled, doing tons of quests to get that amount of exp, do i need to go on?
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    - good players following the rules are gonna pay for players who exploit

Of course. However this is just like the whole class having to stay back after class for a few minutes because a couple of kids were being idiots. The class is just like "omg thanks alot xxxxxx", things are said, kids feel bad, they don't do it again. At least, when in elementary school.

-the blame is really on PWE for this but the fix involves putting other people at a disadvantage. if you have played the game for a decent amount of time then you should understand the history and most of this should not be a surprise.

I don't understand why everyone is so quick to jump on PWE and say every single thing is their fault. Who knows what went wrong. Hell, the thing could've been working perfectly fine when they tested it. But came crashing down when everyone swarmed it doing excessive amounts of clicking and refreshing.

-it really is just a game, step away from the keyboard and go stare at the sun or something.

If I wanted to go blind, I'd have done that already. It's also night time.

//five
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    edited November 2013
    Options
    cgatsby wrote: »
    ROLLBACK NOW BEFORE ITS GETTING LONGER, TO AVOID MORE INNOCENCE PEOPLE LOSS FROM REROLL.

-.- NO POINT TO CASH SHOP IF THE POOR PEOPLE(CODE ABUSER) USING THE SAME REFINE GEAR AS US CASH SHOPPER TOO. b:angry b:angry b:angry

i saw ALOT of cashers abuse the glitch lol
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Agreed.

If PWI dealt with previous glitch and bug abuse the way they should have, people would not be so prone to abuse every glitch that happens.

Cheaters and bug abusers were never once banned for that, so when a new glitch happens, players say to themselves : "Hey! someone will abuse it and will not be punished for it and they will gain an advantage over me. Why should I not profit from this glitch too?"

Exactly right. The types of players that abused glitches in the past know how this works and have learned that there will be no punishment. So why are people surprised? It's always those who don't abuse that end up being the ones punished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Any estimate on the next update?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • stim4
    stim4 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think so
    lower grinding equipment in a circle on the 1 .. each
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i saw ALOT of cashers abuse the glitch lol

^this so much known CSers on RT abused it
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Because some worked really hard to achieve what they got.... Without charging gold. Hours and hours of grinding and farming to get a manufacturing skill leveled, doing tons of quests to get that amount of exp, do i need to go on?

yea i was in tt all day did sum daileys basicly been nolifeing pwi the past week but its still nothing compared to how bad this is lol
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Agreed.

This entirely, people who play fair get screwed time and time again. and abuses get off scott-free
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • manuhsz
    manuhsz Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Need give ROLLBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever thought those who failed to pick up the items? or to give all or none ... worse than my best friend will stop playing if you are not Rollback = /

Rollback need ASAP! b:surrender
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i know nothing has been done about mog/fc/dreamchaser and w/e other glitch there was;

but if u think about it, pwi company didnt lose much money in that way; esp with fc glitch ppl were higher lv and hence more r9 players appeared

but to let thousands of ppl cheat them for several hundred, if not more than thousand dollars per person, i think something should be done about that

and i agree with the some1 above (cant remember who) who said do a 1day rollback (or rollback to when the code was released)
    this really wouldnt harm any1 as much as a week or w/e
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    this is almost as adorable as goons lmao. everyone rallied for rollbacks/banning those abusers too.... look what happened there. gotta say this just makes things more interesting for me, i was already +10 so now more people are..... so what? means hopefully more pk for me to do. im ok with this.

and to those that say this costs pwi money, well they should have jumped on this earlier to fix it. if a company blunders they lose money. they cant always say "rollback time so we can not lose money" they have to accept they lost money and move on to try and make it back in otherways. thats my take on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • SeaAnna - Archosaur
    SeaAnna - Archosaur Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    join me for a cup of tea lets watch the drama unfold in perfect world b:sad The game will be destroyed by those that intentionally abuse the system and all the money invested will be a reminder to be careful what I invest time and money on in the future.l b:cryb:surrender
  • phryne123
    phryne123 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well... I dun think it would be fair, to bann ALL who abused... When you redeemed the code, it got show up about a 10 Min-Thing... That makes really peeps think "Oh sweet! I can get it twice!" And if they bann all who abused (and i hope so1 plays innocent now) then PWI will get very empty and GMs have next disaster cuz no1 will buying Gold/Zen anymore. I'm pretty sure, that like 90 % of all who redeemed the code today, abused it! So - bann the peeps is (mostly for the GMs, cuz no gaining money anymore) not the right solution... Sure it would be annoying if we lose all we did in the last hours, BUT... C'mon it's a game! We farmed this stuff one time - we can do it another time! Sometimes the game is boring anyway! so we got something to do~ I would lose many too! My alt just got on that spammingtime lvl 100 and I got mails by guildmember with ws emblems to help me to get rep for r9... But they can after reroll the mails again and i can make the like 30 % exp for my cleric again to ding to lvl 100 again - I'm not crying about it!

So I'm for: We are ALL quite now! This discussion is so NOT needet, the GMs will make their own decission for a solution anyway. And no matter what they deicide, it's on US to accept the deicission or just leave the game. If we can live with the decission - then fine!

I'm just pretty sure they just gonna make a rollback and no more will happen. And when rollback is done, everybody maybe can get a new redeem-code without any fail this time. Then all would be happy. f:grin
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

You hire a guy to fix some electrical wires in your house. the guy is an incompetent, he don't do his job right and soon afterwards your house catch fire because of his sloppy work. Quite frankly, I HOPE this guy will loose his job so he won't do other bad jobs at others' houses.

If some PWE's employees are too incompetent to make some of their features right, maybe they should not be doing the job they are currently doing?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • cgatsby
    cgatsby Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just rollback,
    People that say no to rollback is high probability the code abuser b:laugh , eventho just a lil % that dont want rollback cuz got something lucky. b:cry
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    shashahah wrote: »

and i agree with the some1 above (cant remember who) who said do a 1day rollback (or rollback to when the code was released)
    this really wouldnt harm any1 as much as a week or w/e

We'd all like that to happen. But the fact is that they don't make backups every day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Shootin_Star - Dreamweaver
    Shootin_Star - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Lets roll back before this morning or tw bid or before the codes were released for all servers. That way, everyone doesn't lose much and no need to compensate for anything. Just make sure that the guy who screwed up can still keep his job. We're humans, mistakes bound to happen.
This discussion has been closed.