Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Funny how little people care for the actual customers of the game (chiding / trolling them about their valid concerns). It amazed me how little pwi cared / cares for it's customers throughout multiple events like this.

They have a history of not punishing for abuse of exploits. I personally for the past couple years afk grinded ~20 hours a day with no repercussions knowing my chances of getting away with it were so great. Even that 1 week ban makes it so worth doing (as if)! It's so wrong to ban permanently for abusing that code because it's not consistent with how they work.

One thing that keeps players around is the investment they put into this game whether it be time or money. That investment has been continually destroyed for some. -Especially the paying customers. W/o paying customers you go belly up. You free players chiding these people have no respect for the people paying for you to play.

One day we wake up and realize it's pointless to continue to play the game or continue to invest in it.

5+ years of exclusively playing this game and believing other people that told me that this was the best free one out there. -No: other greater action mmorpgs have gone the free route also. -The industry is changing.

I've been playing another one for a week as a mystic with summons, and heals (funny the coincidence), but the game play is much funner and robust. Refining (called enchanting) is simpler and not nearly as expensive. The level of skill you can apply is a lot more complex. Interaction with npc's is not so tedious or overly used (You can enchant (+1-12) your equipment / socket it w/o one). There are no repairs to pay for. A decent mount is provided through the mail (no npc needed again) - no time sensitive / glitch code / anniversary needed). Equips in PWI make a huge difference while this one relies more heavily on actual skill; so the player base is better.

The complaints in other game forums I checked were super lame compared to here. I've already managed to find 3 other games I prefer to pwi.

After the first year I stated if I quit; I'd never play another PWI game. Now there's not even any temptation to. Even if they did what was right for the players: it's too late. I have a taste for how much better it can be now.

I can say: thank you PWI for this latest blunder. To the players: quit complaining and leave. The grass is really greener. You can't trust game ratings totally for this type of game. These types of games usually evolve, or you could go back to lvl 1 and do it all all over again. -lol
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • tribells1
    tribells1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    @tweakz, game name please ? b:laugh
  • Manii - Harshlands
    Manii - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm glad I stop spending much of my time and financial resources on pwi, it's honestly a waste, not to mention it's more frustration than entertainment. I abused the dream chaser glitch, if I could have I would have abused the orb one. Why ? I paid for what other ppl are getting for free, I wasn't really mad but I did say wtf? Lol 2-3 week ban for all those refines.

Since the goon glitches I've always told my friends, if you can abuse an exploit do it. This company has failed over and over again, in my opinion their fix was the 11 and 12 star sale and not really the "ban".

Every exploit that PWE, fails to oversight = chunk of the player base moving on.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tribells1 wrote: »
    @tweakz, game name please ? b:laugh

this.

please message me the name :)
    Here we go again....
  • Imaspy - Lost City
    Imaspy - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    im just saying... They totally went the wrong way with these bans.

Goon glitchers/abusers - 3 day ban
    Dream chaser glitcher/abusers - 0 day ban
    Event demon/sage card glitcher/abusers - 0 day ban
    10 star orb glitcher/abusers - 1 yr ban

Goon glitchers brought a flood of 105 players into the game and ruined the idea of hardwork for a player's level.

Dream chasers brought a flood of free r9 and coins into the game. With all of those free chip packs and gears that can be npc'd.

Event demon/sage cards brought a flood of people selling refine and dye services.

10 star orbs require a player to bind their gear before it can be used. It is also localized to one account rather than affecting the whole server. How is this hardly worth a 1 yr punishment... a person can only use so many 10 stars anyway on their gear. They also need to bind their gear which will require them to buy new gear as new things come out. It also doesn't affect as many players as those other glitches have. Hell I still hear about it daily how tons of people still have hundreds of dreamchaser packs.

Honestly, you guys saw this happen before with dreamchaser packs and nothing was done about it.

ALSO, I find it really cruel to offer them black friday sale/charge rewards then have them spend money on the game only to find out they get banned the next day. That is a terrible thing to do to your paying customers. Pretty soon they will be doing a Kim Kardashian and doing a fundraiser and only giving 10% of the money raised to what the money was really meant for...
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1 year ban will never happened anyway...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    Funny how little people care for the actual customers of the game (chiding / trolling them about their valid concerns). It amazed me how little pwi cared / cares for it's customers throughout multiple events like this.

They have a history of not punishing for abuse of exploits. I personally for the past couple years afk grinded ~20 hours a day with no repercussions knowing my chances of getting away with it were so great. Even that 1 week ban makes it so worth doing (as if)! It's so wrong to ban permanently for abusing that code because it's not consistent with how they work.

One thing that keeps players around is the investment they put into this game whether it be time or money. That investment has been continually destroyed for some. -Especially the paying customers. W/o paying customers you go belly up. You free players chiding these people have no respect for the people paying for you to play.

One day we wake up and realize it's pointless to continue to play the game or continue to invest in it.

5+ years of exclusively playing this game and believing other people that told me that this was the best free one out there. -No: other greater action mmorpgs have gone the free route also. -The industry is changing.

I've been playing another one for a week as a mystic with summons, and heals (funny the coincidence), but the game play is much funner and robust. Refining (called enchanting) is simpler and not nearly as expensive. The level of skill you can apply is a lot more complex. Interaction with npc's is not so tedious or overly used (You can enchant (+1-12) your equipment / socket it w/o one). There are no repairs to pay for. A decent mount is provided through the mail (no npc needed again) - no time sensitive / glitch code / anniversary needed). Equips in PWI make a huge difference while this one relies more heavily on actual skill; so the player base is better.

The complaints in other game forums I checked were super lame compared to here. I've already managed to find 3 other games I prefer to pwi.

After the first year I stated if I quit; I'd never play another PWI game. Now there's not even any temptation to. Even if they did what was right for the players: it's too late. I have a taste for how much better it can be now.

I can say: thank you PWI for this latest blunder. To the players: quit complaining and leave. The grass is really greener. You can't trust game ratings totally for this type of game. These types of games usually evolve, or you could go back to lvl 1 and do it all all over again. -lol

you assume it was players that don't spend money on the game that did this? You would be wrong on that!
  • Shy_breeze - Dreamweaver
    Shy_breeze - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    @tweaks... does it begin with a T?
  • tbagninja
    tbagninja Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So not reading through almost 5500 posts to see if this has been mentioned but WHY do I still see red spam 5-6 times a day people getting 3x 10* orbs? >.<

Not that I really care but it's annoying to know what most of us, including I, missed out on and still seeing others reaping the benefit.
  • Evangile - Dreamweaver
    Evangile - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tbagninja wrote: »
    So not reading through almost 5500 posts to see if this has been mentioned but WHY do I still see red spam 5-6 times a day people getting 3x 10* orbs? >.<

Not that I really care but it's annoying to know what most of us, including I, missed out on and still seeing others reaping the benefit.

They redeemed the code while it still worked, but never got their items out of their mailboxes untill now.
    Time to nut up, or shut up. -Tallahasse b:shocked
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If u see any particular name spamming system chat more then 3 times just go ahead take a screenshot and report them. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Goon glitchers/abusers - 3 day ban
    Dream chaser glitcher/abusers - 0 day ban
    Event demon/sage card glitcher/abusers - 0 day ban
    10 star orb glitcher/abusers - 2 weeks

Fixed.

If PWI think abusers won't abuse again cause a 2 weeks of ban they are wrong, abusers are freaking laughing about that 2 weeks and just play other accounts for those 2 weeks.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hate to mention particular games. They appear to have different combat systems, computer requirements, cash shop items/ prices, pve vs pvp, and other various things that will make it or break it for some.

There's a huge amount of choices out there. The one I wrote about does start with a T. It lacks controlled flight, and auto-path (which I don't really miss), but it has other really cool features like skill glyphs that enhance skills.

Imagine being able to remove socketed gems and resocket at will. -It probably has the advantage of having started off as a subscription based game.

Some may forget the cash shop coin glitch. -You could buy an item in the CS in PWI and NPC it for a fortune.
    Fixed.

If PWI think abusers won't abuse again cause a 2 weeks of ban they are wrong, abusers are freaking laughing about that 2 weeks and just play other accounts for those 2 weeks.

-Part of why I had no reservations about afk grinding. It was funny to watch people being hypocrites and trying to environment kill me at times (also against the tos).
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Has this become the "Let's get as many people to quit as possible" thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I have a number of one time use codes I bought from other players written on a notepad. I didn't enter them into the redeem system because it was disabled after the fiasco with the orb code. Even though the redeem page is back I didn't enter them because I was expecting there might be a rollback and I didn't want to lose the rewards from the codes if there was.

I imagine other players have codes that they simply haven't entered yet whether they got them from alts or other players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JackieK - Harshlands
    JackieK - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So you ban people who probably spent a few hundred dollars on the. +11 and +12 star orbs that you put on sale the following week? Hmm selfish much? No wonder I do not participate in any code offers given.

Lol if you take a look at those who abused the glitch, it isnt the people who bought the 11 and 12* orbs(on our server atleast). All the abusers on harshlands were people who barely had +5'-+7 gear and now have full +10-+11. I highly doubt these people were the ones "Spending hundreds" to +11-+12 their stuff ijs

Btw 2 week ban lmfao feel free to put the code back up and see how everyone on the server abuses it and gladdly takes their 2 week ban.
    This pwi team is incompetent if they actually think a 2 week ban is punishment, but hey its their fault, they just lost probably half their revenue for this half of they year cause now they want 35 gold for 10* orbs and a lot of people are refusing to buy them. Its a slap in the face to the people who got no compensation or anything, not only did we get nothing. But now pwi expects us to cs or pay extra because they ***** up one of their own profitable markets and lost quite a bit of their own money with this glitch. Thats why theres +11-+12 orbs for sale,they need to make up for lost money due to this glitch. The dont give a *** about how people are maxed refines now, all they care about is can they match their annual income/revenue. They obviously think overpriced 12* and 10* orbs will do that(didnt mention 11* cause supposedly those are a decent deal)

Any GM Dare to refute that statement?
    No ofc not
    I have a number of one time use codes I bought from other players written on a notepad. I didn't enter them into the redeem system because it was disabled after the fiasco with the orb code. Even though the redeem page is back I didn't enter them because I was expecting there might be a rollback and I didn't want to lose the rewards from the codes if there was.

I imagine other players have codes that they simply haven't entered yet whether they got them from alts or other players.

I dont see it as wise admitting you bought codes from people, im fairly certain thats frowned upon by the ToS and Gm's
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I was 1 of the 1's who never got any of the codes in our Email addresses... But was shocked a few days back, when I went to search through my full list of archo characters (As I had been doing daily for about a week) and found that they had finally sent me the 3-orbs I was do (straight to one of my 2 most played characters on Archo servers postboxes) when it didn't have them the day before) so its my guess that they've started to directly send the missing orbs into the in-game mailboxes of those like I had been who hadn't received any of the codes in their emails...

"Now if only they'd send me the rest of the stuff I was scr&w&d out of do to the debacle this turned into (in the examples of the 'event gold, charms & the rest')"...b:surrender

If I do eventually receive the rest of it, I'll be sure to try and post here on this thread so everyone will get a chance to know if thats what they're doing for the rest of us....b:thanks
  • tbagninja
    tbagninja Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    seitori wrote: »
    I was 1 of the 1's who never got any of the codes in our Email addresses... But was shocked a few days back, when I went to search through my full list of archo characters (As I had been doing daily for about a week) and found that they had finally sent me the 3-orbs I was do (straight to one of my 2 most played characters on Archo servers postboxes) when it didn't have them the day before) so its my guess that they've started to directly send the missing orbs into the in-game mailboxes of those like I had been who hadn't received any of the codes in their emails...

"Now if only they'd send me the rest of the stuff I was scr&w&d out of do to the debacle this turned into (in the examples of the 'event gold, charms & the rest')"...b:surrender

If I do eventually receive the rest of it, I'll be sure to try and post here on this thread so everyone will get a chance to know if thats what they're doing for the rest of us....b:thanks

Yes, but the thing is I only play on harshlands server that do not receive any codes through email.

Edit:Well not in this particular case. :)
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Has this become the "Let's get as many people to quit as possible" thread?

b:shocked Yes
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    seitori wrote: »

cause everybody forgets it was actually a freebee worth far more than the little server trouble. (seriously) b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seriously people. It has not been mentioned anywhere that these idiot abusers would be getting 3 days - 2 weeks ban. Serious abusers could get even permanent ban. And it has not been mentioned anywhere either that after the band, they would still have the orbs. Do not rush into insane conclusion.
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seriously people. It has not been mentioned anywhere that these idiot abusers would be getting 3 days - 2 weeks ban. Serious abusers could get even permanent ban. And it has not been mentioned anywhere either that after the band, they would still have the orbs. Do not rush into insane conclusion.

your an idiot
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    condo2009 wrote: »
    your an idiot

b:embarrass
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lol if you take a look at those who abused the glitch, it isnt the people who bought the 11 and 12* orbs(on our server atleast). All the abusers on harshlands were people who barely had +5'-+7 gear and now have full +10-+11. I highly doubt these people were the ones "Spending hundreds" to +11-+12 their stuff ijs

Btw 2 week ban lmfao feel free to put the code back up and see how everyone on the server abuses it and gladdly takes their 2 week ban.
    This pwi team is incompetent if they actually think a 2 week ban is punishment, but hey its their fault, they just lost probably half their revenue for this half of they year cause now they want 35 gold for 10* orbs and a lot of people are refusing to buy them. Its a slap in the face to the people who got no compensation or anything, not only did we get nothing. But now pwi expects us to cs or pay extra because they ***** up one of their own profitable markets and lost quite a bit of their own money with this glitch. Thats why theres +11-+12 orbs for sale,they need to make up for lost money due to this glitch. The dont give a *** about how people are maxed refines now, all they care about is can they match their annual income/revenue. They obviously think overpriced 12* and 10* orbs will do that(didnt mention 11* cause supposedly those are a decent deal)

Any GM Dare to refute that statement?
    No ofc not

I dont see it as wise admitting you bought codes from people, im fairly certain thats frowned upon by the ToS and Gm's

Just to hear from a GM at this point would be asking for a FREAKING miracle. I would absolutely LOVE to know if they plan on removing refines or something more cuz this 2 week ban **** for totally ruining our servers is totally ticking me off...i still say roll the damned servers back. This is absolutely **** that these people get to abuse the game so much just to get a slap on the wrist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know at least 4 people that got a year ban on archo server, so they are banning people.
  • marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    condo2009 wrote: »
    your an idiot

Do you know the difference between YOUR and YOU"RE ?
    Here allow me to explain it .. Your post shows that you're stupid ... There , see the
    difference ?
  • gakekasai18
    gakekasai18 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Do you know the difference between YOUR and YOU"RE ?
    Here allow me to explain it .. Your post shows that you're stupid ... There , see the
    difference ?

Grammar police are now monitoring this server. Be warned that you could be banned for improper usage of words, spelling and punctuality! b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Grammar police are now monitoring this server. Be warned that you could be banned for improper usage of words, spelling and punctuation! b:chuckle

Now that I have fixed a portion of your post, I shall ban you for improper word use!

Though really, they do have a point. People really shouldn't call someone else an idiot if their own posts show less intelligence than whomever they've chosen to call an idiot... and in a case like this, spelling and grammar count towards that!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • marlbstrike
    marlbstrike Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Now that I have fixed a portion of your post, I shall ban you for improper word use!

Though really, they do have a point. People really shouldn't call someone else an idiot if their own posts show less intelligence than whomever they've chosen to call an idiot... and in a case like this, spelling and grammar count towards that!

you can come and comment on someone's stupidity, but not give us any information on what is going on over the whole orb situation? you think the game and servers are dying now? HA! just wait, so many have been and are looking for another game to play as i type this. GL trying to make up for that kind of revenue then. and the gm's should be careful how they handle the whole situation, before someone sues them for not standing by their own "contract" (tos) . breech of contract is breech of contract , doesn't matter if its the player or the company . those guidelines were put there not only to protect the company but players as well. i'm sure a viral story on how unfair pwi treats its loyal rule abiding players would not be friendly to the bottom line now would it?
  • gakekasai18
    gakekasai18 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »

No no punctualityb:laugh was meant to be in place dear!
This discussion has been closed.