Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver
    DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ZOMG can't u guys stick to short replies XD damn dat novels
  • ThaSpectre - Archosaur
    ThaSpectre - Archosaur Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What's the big deal? It's not like the game is broken now all of the sudden. I think people are just being greedy useing their one mistake to try to sap out any rewards you people can leach out of them. Eveyone is complaining but I see players who've been here for years, so what? one rollback and the game will never be the same? calm down, the game is fine, life will go on in game and irl, be happy they have even attempted compensation. A game is a fragile thing with code and software there will be mistakes so DEAL WITH IT. It's a good game and that's why i play it, stop complaining.
    Seeker-A dominant warrior who deftly manipulates a colossal blade; his sword skills are a sight to behold.

[SIGPIC]http://i41.tinypic.com/nya1j6.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • SNuppzH - Harshlands
    SNuppzH - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    good game's are fair sorry to tell yah... cash was only way to gett ur gears +10 or farm for how long lol .. good game dont allow ppl gett it free nor promiss ppl a pack and newer keep words... take ur good game to a next lvl lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SNuppzH lvl 101 Sage Venomancer.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow really, even though I sent a very detailed, full of proofs ticket all I got as response was an auto-reply... Even though the ticket said I requested for personal assistance? Wow...

-removed-

It's the same text from OP... but with this: For users on other servers, there will be no additional codes or compensation offered.

They probably didn't even see a single screenshot from the dozens I uploaded to them................

I sent 2 tickets, one very detailed and the other only with the phrase "Roll back please". Same auto reply on both...
  • Astraelys - Raging Tide
    Astraelys - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mod edit because it appears people refuse to scroll down enough to read:
    UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

^This is the reason why the code is saying it has expired when you try to enter it!

Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

And at final the people who didnt used the code for reddem prizes, pwi will rewards us? or a give us a compensation? Don't forget us. Dear GMs and Pwi i have a idea use the new Arc System and rewards us b:surrender.
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    REad what I think should be done next:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1646951
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please allow for the people who couldn't get any orbs to get somehow, my friend is in the hospital and she couldn't get em :(
  • fieptoutje
    fieptoutje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We were forced to deactivate the code previously given to users as compensation for the Archosaur rollback

We will not be rolling back the servers, instead we will be rolling out a compensation effort targeting the players who were specifically affected by the issue on Archosaur. For users on other servers, there will be no additional codes or compensation offered.

It's the same text from OP... but with this: For users on other servers, there will be no additional codes or compensation offered.

Both were the same codes (for Arch server users and for the Facebook gift) just with 2 different descriptions. Seems like staff been working on 2 different things at the same time with 1 code ... no wonder all got messed up ..... again..b:surrender
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I recieved a reply from a pw ticket in response to those who did not get a chance to use the code this was PWIs reply

-removed-

Well personally for me if this doesn't change I will finally be leaving the game after 5 years. Cause on sanctuary that's about the equivalent of 100-120 mil in game coin others received for no reason and many of us didn't just due to not having a chance to use the code since OTHER PEOPLE abused it. And thats if they werent the ones who ACCIDENTALLY received 20 +10 orbs. stop being stupid PWI and roll back the servers and make this fair for everyone.

I love how they remove personal support content btw anyway what they removed without copy pasting was info saying THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF COMPENSATING THOSE WHO DID NOT GET A CHANCE TO RECIEVE THEIR REWARDS
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The reply is **** and is complete and utter waste of time.

I wont be quitting just yet but as soon as my friend quits i am GONE FOREVER. Be is as you like and probably not staffs fault atm situation here is very very sad.

Those that had lives, slept and similar are getting punished for being FAIR and NOT ABUSING the code!

Terrible.
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • Lalena - Sanctuary
    Lalena - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI 2013...Annus Horribilis.For me it started with that last update some months ago..messing with Seat and Abba..just my luck i had 5 Sage toons on verge of 99...ive still only managed to get 2 toons thru Hellfire...given up o the rest.

With that update came a dozen or more 80+ quests...every one messed and broken..and still theyre in that state. The new veno stuff?...yup..after a few days the veno daily went up in the air and thats not fixed to ofc.

Then there has been the Arc fiasco..ive nothing to say about that thats not already been said. And now all this utter nonsense with the OceanOrb giveaway.

And to think..just ahead they plan a "redo" of the DQ syrtem...whatever that means...and a whole new expansion with lots more wonderful exciting surprises...hehe..yes yes..we cant wait..

No idea how much longer i will play..much ive invested but now ive no urge to really put up with anymore...for sure im never ever buying any more Zen. Im checking other games and seeing where else to go. Its just incredible how our beloved game has fallen..sad days indeed.
  • Flarephoenix - Dreamweaver
    Flarephoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That is bull****.

Pardon the language but have fun with the backlash on that one PW. Do you guys give much thought to these decisions? The last few have been tremendously fail and that final statement on it is not going to go down well with so many who missed out and did nothing wrong.

I'd be very interested to know why Archosaur alone deserve further compensation where people who missed out on the code do not deserve a shot at it. By your logic players from Archosaur abused their gift also, by selling the codes to other servers (I saw numerous requests for it on Dreamweaver in world chat) and so should not gain an exclusive 'additional' compensation.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I recieved a reply from a pw ticket in response to those who did not get a chance to use the code this was PWIs reply

Well personally for me if this doesn't change I will finally be leaving the game after 5 years. Cause on sanctuary that's about the equivalent of 100-120 mil in game coin others received for no reason and many of us didn't just due to not having a chance to use the code since OTHER PEOPLE abused it.

On lost city server 3x 10* orbs, 100 event gold, charms + pots are worth way more... at least 180m, IF 10* orbs are on sale. And many if not most which got some stuff got it 2-3x - per account!

Lets say you are an old player with three accounts, then you got stuff for 540m, IF you got it only the legit way.

If you got the gift twice per account, you got stuff for more than a billion coins.

And you can be 100% sure that they won't "punish" anyone who got the gift "just" 2-3x.

How many BH100 runs do you have to do to get 1 billion coins? More than thousand runs!
    Have fun doing your dailies.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That is bull****.

Pardon the language but have fun with the backlash on that one PW. Do you guys give much thought to these decisions? The last few have been tremendously fail and that final statement on it is not going to go down well with so many who missed out and did nothing wrong.

I'd be very interested to know why Archosaur alone deserve further compensation where people who missed out on the code do not deserve a shot at it. By your logic players from Archosaur abused their gift also, by selling the codes to other servers (I saw numerous requests for it on Dreamweaver in world chat) and so should not gain an exclusive 'additional' compensation.

Not to mention all of the other servers had a shiyt load of problems also not just Archosaur -.- . They did get the rollback while the others didnt but they did already get more compensation for the problems as it is.

We all need to get a proper chance to get the items, if you guys are scared of more abusing then remove the damned orbs ...
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    On lost city server 3x 10* orbs, 100 event gold, charms + pots are worth way more... at least 180m, IF 10* orbs are on sale. And many if not most which got some stuff got it 2-3x - per account!

Lets say you are an old player with three accounts, then you got stuff for 540m, IF you got it only the legit way.

If you got the gift twice per account, you got stuff for more than a billion coins.

And you can be 100% sure that they won't "punish" anyone who got the gift "just" 2-3x.

How many BH100 runs do you have to do to get 1 billion coins? More than thousand runs!
    Have fun doing your dailies.

-The orbs are untradable and can only be used on bound equipment

-Anything purchased from the event boutique is untradable

-The platinum charms are untradable

-The only tradable thing in that pack were the pots. They aren't worth any more than 75 - 90k on LC.
  • Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So what is the update on this? Still jack **** going happen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDutchman - Raging Tide
    TheDutchman - Raging Tide Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lol... It seems someone is very busy removing and editing replies to this thread. If they would put the same effort in really comming with a solution, you wouldn't even have to remove all the replies that harm your precious PWI, cause there wouldn't be any. My apologies for the Mods, who have to clean the **** that PWI dumped on them.
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Lol... It seems someone is very busy removing and editing replies to this thread. If they would put the same effort in really comming with a solution, you wouldn't even have to remove all the replies that harm your precious PWI, cause there wouldn't be any. My apologies for the Mods, who have to clean the **** that PWI dumped on them.

That would be a moderator. Sweetiebot spam that happened some pages ago would've been removed.

Also, we can't copy/paste tickets, PM's, etc etc. Which is why posts are being edited.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, PWI has decided not to punish the abusers (too much effort), not to rollback, and not to equalize the servers, and not to compensate those who missed out.

Pretty typical behavior from PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • concerned2
    concerned2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI managment: I hope you are reading this, because this will give you some good insight into some very easy business principles.

1. You are in the business of providing FUN to the masses ... right? So, it's safe to say that as long as you provide FUN, people will keep on investing real life money in your business.

2. If you stop providing FUN, people will leave and find FUN elsewhere.

Easy, sofar ... right???

OK, so here's the crux of the matter ...

By not treating ALL the people in the same way, you are taking away the FUN. So my suggestion to you is to mail the GOODIES to EVERYONE (all servers). If you don't do it, you can more or less say goodbuy to your loyal and paying customers.

So this is the time to cut your losses, DO THE RIGHT THING, and move on ...

One thing I am quite sure of is that if you do NOT deliver on your initial promises, you will not be allowed to make another mistake like this one while on the other hand, if you do make good on your promises and be fair on it too, you will find people much more forgiving. Everybody makes mistakes .... it's how you fix it aftwards that matter.
    Use it, don't use it ... your choice.
  • TheDutchman - Raging Tide
    TheDutchman - Raging Tide Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That would be a moderator. Sweetiebot spam that happened some pages ago would've been removed.

Also, we can't copy/paste tickets, PM's, etc etc. Which is why posts are being edited.

A few of my earlier replies were combined to one reply after a while. And i just posted a resemblance to PWI which i thought was appropriate, but they deleted the whole post within minutes.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    -The orbs are untradable and can only be used on bound equipment

-Anything purchased from the event boutique is untradable

-The platinum charms are untradable

-The only tradable thing in that pack were the pots. They aren't worth any more than 75 - 90k on LC.

And what do you want to tell me? That you don't know how the in-game business works? Ever heard about refine service? Ever bought fashion in event boutique and exchanged it for random pigments (--> sell dye service)? Ever done pve/pvp with and without charms? Never recognized the difference? Ever done NW with high and low refines? Many players have 2-3 accounts with several 100+ characters. They can just refine their equipment for free now.
    Seriously... you have no idea.
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    A few of my earlier replies were combined to one reply after a while. And i just posted a resemblance to PWI which i thought was appropriate, but they deleted the whole post within minutes.

You mean your not so funny joke about hookers? Good. That deserved to go.
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ZOMG can't u guys stick to short replies XD damn dat novels

Nice. Short attention span theater. Just skip the big words sweetie and move right along to the posts full of **** and *** where you'll feel more at home.
    As much as I can imagine doing rollbacks causes incalculable havoc and losses, in these circumstances I honestly believe it would have been the best way to fix the damage done. You cannot tell us you have an accurate system that will identify everyone who purposefully exploited the redeem page and I'm fairly certain some will be overlooked, at the same time it's likely players that did not try to cheat the system could be thrown into the same category as the 'abusers' and judging by how you guys handle enforcing rules I feel bad for these people.

I tried for a good half hour to redeem the code and was continuously timed out without receiving anything ingame, I was happy when it finally went through and received the three 10* orbs, hypers, charm and apothecary items (thank you for the gesture btw). A number of my friends had exactly the same problem with trying to redeem the code and for one of them it did send the pack twice. Going by what you say I would think she's safe, but there is no guarantee that people like her that were trying like crazy (hey we knew what was being given out and to a lot that was like Christmas had come early) will not be caught up in your witch hunt when going through the data.

Will anything be done about what they gained seeing as you wont be doing a rollback? I'd much rather hear that you guys intend to take back any extra orbs and return the refines to their previous state on their gear than simply "punish the offenders". It's not like you've done much about other exploits in the past and I would think that could have motivated some to jump on the band-wagon this time. I mean, just look at what players gained from taking advantage of dragoons exp, or redeeming for hundreds of dreamchaser packs and opening them. Try removing the incentives to commit the crimes and you might find the crime rate drops somewhat.

Who had the idea to give away 10* orbs anyway. It was a wonderful gesture, and somewhat surprising based on their value, but to gift a whole server and then every server with this must have been done without consideration to the shift if could cause and just like giving away the Abyss (black horse) for spending gold it showed no consideration for the people who had worked to gain these things previously. The exploit only made it far more apparent and there are a lot of players really upset that what they worked hard for, or cashed for, was so easily obtained - Honestly I think the GMs and marketing team need to step back from the computer and think hard in future about what they do for offers or rewards, as much as we appreciate nice things, I doubt many here want the good things they have or are working for to be devalued.

Either way my faith in PWi has been shaken by a long list of fails and it will not be regained easily, not when I know of all the past issues and how those were dealt with. Worst part is you'll probably punish a few to show *something* was done, without naming them publicly of course, and without fixing the real damage which from what I've seen is far more players newly sporting numerous +10 pieces of gear than the statement 'regarding the level of abuse' might lead some to believe. Either that or we had an ultra-cheap 10* sale recently that only select players knew about. :P

PS. You might as well be fair to the players that missed out on the code and allow them to gain the packed items also, they do not deserve to be left out because of what happened.

Great post, Flare. I couldn't agree more.
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    And what do you want to tell me? That you don't know how the in-game business works? Ever heard about refine service? Ever bought fashion in event boutique and exchanged it for random pigments (--> sell dye service)? Ever done pve/pvp with and without charms? Never recognized the difference? Ever done NW with high and low refines? Many players have 2-3 accounts with several 100+ characters. They can just refine their equipment for free now.
    Seriously... you have no idea.

Merely pointing out no one has made a bill. I don't know what server you are, as you don't post with a toon, but dye services are a fair few here and there. Most people dye their own fashion. Also, who wants a dye service with random pigments? It could come out all yucky green D:. What's a charm? Who still uses those?

It's no secret the charm market just went belly up for a while, but that's really the only thing. Most refine services use orbs to guarantee it. At least, the ones in LC do. You're worried about some 100+ toons refining their gear? It's no different to people who save up event gold from the Celestial Tigers event.

I think you need to stop over exaggerating.
  • Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, PWI has decided not to punish the abusers (too much effort), not to rollback, and not to equalize the servers, and not to compensate those who missed out.

Well that is a bunch of bull****. They better hope this expansion is kick *** or its time to take an indefinite break from PWI. Right now all they have going for them would be that expansion.

They stopped responding to my tickets regarding the code. Well, they responded one time last week when I first sent it, and now they are just ignoring me. Not very good customer service there PWI. Even the worst of the worst of companies at least responded to their customers.

b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the World knows This Already For A Long Time Xd

Oh Snap
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013

1: Except they've stated they will punish the abusers. We've yet to see what that is and I wish they'd tell us, but their stance on that is how it goes. Why not wait and see before spreading misinformation? Maybe?

2: They're not rolling back because of point 1.

3: We have no information either way on this. What some people consider "equalizing" is completely absurd and no sane and thinking person would actually do that. We'll see what happens after the fallout from this **** is dealt with.

4: Considering what happened when they tried to compensate everyone for all the recent issues (aka this) and how everyone's behaving towards the people who were trying to help us (instead of their bosses who ARE to blame), would you want to go through their bosses if you were in their position? Especially while the crisis is still going on and being dealt with? Like I said, why not wait and see how things go after the fallout before jumping to conclusions?
    That would be me. I go to sleep, deal with real life, and when I check the forums I'm greeted with a bunch of people who still don't know what mods are raging at me, tons of spam, a bunch of inappropriate stuff, and several rules violations that needed to be edited.

And that's from just this one thread. ._.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • tribells1
    tribells1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since that's PWi's answer - the same as usual if you come to think about it - as mentioned in my previous post, the only thing left is just prevent others from playing. Let's see how PWI gets the same fate as Archlord did when it was under Codemasters due to their sooooo great player support - who ever played that game before the codemasters servers were closed knows what i'm talking about
  • Flarephoenix - Dreamweaver
    Flarephoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    That would be me. I go to sleep, deal with real life, and when I check the forums I'm greeted with a bunch of people who still don't know what mods are raging at me, tons of spam, a bunch of inappropriate stuff, and several rules violations that needed to be edited.

And that's from just this one thread. ._.

Would be nice to see the forum mods paid in some fashion for dealing with these **** storms, tbh. Event gold, a little zen, it's not like PW would really miss that in their profit margins especially given they were willing to give away three 10* to every player.
This discussion has been closed.