Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    But this whole thing will taint the game for sometime to come. To those who have abused this thing, like they say, a thief ingame is probably a thief in real life! Was it really that important to get your gear that ONE higher level or to just horde that **** in your account at the cost of **** everyone else(or at least some of us) over!

I've played an exceptionally long time. I have known persons that bot, that cheat, ****, swindle anything/everything (even accounts) out of people that trust them -- and in the end, I find - those are the ones that will never be happy about the game, but hang in there because of the pure RUSH of bending the rules and getting what they can while they can... but .. trust they offer no real value to the game.

And they are not bad people - just basically caught up in having the best of the best... but... well these ways... well get them closer to their goals.

We know - these goals is to BE > to HAVE > to BECOME. They want to sit up at the top and look down on everyone else - they want to be the one whispered about with the "Did you see their... wow... ".

So... don't give it to them.

Stop thinking in terms of having the best of the best > as being what you want.

Let your goal be to simply "be the best at what you DO in the game".

I ran into a Blade Master who is completely new to the game -- and they are leveling slow like me. They told me they read everything they could about the game.. take time to train, learn and .. everything.

From the way they hit that instance - in all of my years playing PW (since around 2004/2005) - he was good.. I saw great potential in this player.

This... is what people should want to vie for. Stuff should be what keeps you alive longer, what staves off death from aoe, what keeps you hitting faster/harder/better.

Not what you can adorn yourself with - to stand around towns holding up walls - so people passing can note ..... all that you are.

There are great players and there are players with great gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I find it amusing this is still a sticky. There are SO many people i know that are or have already left PWI because of the refusal to Rollback the servers to fix this error. There is talk of a conspiracy that PWE did this on purpose during the charge rewards to use this as an excuse to not roll back. They say the damage isn't as widespread as many say but i call bull ****. I have seen COUNTLESS numbers of people that got to abuse the code. Many of them with sudden Full +10 gear. Most of the people i know and talk to say they doubt PWE is even going to punish anyone.

As for this punishment we all pretty much know PWE won't tell us what they plan to do which i find wrong. While i agree the ToS state its pretty much to their discretion i for one would like to know how they are going to deal with this issue. I personally dont think that there should be any excuses...anyone that got the code more than one time entered unless they got the items multiple times via a glitch should be perma banned unless there is some way PWE can remove the refines they clearly don't deserve. Sadly as i previously stated many MANY people think PWE isn't going to do ANYTHING AT ALL.

Probably the most concerning thing of all is the lack of response by GMs or anyone of any leadership capacity on this entire matter. The legit number of people that CLEARLY showed disgust at the code abuse that requested a roll back should have immediately said "wow we maybe should listen to our players." But it seems they didnt wanna have to have a big mess to clean up cuz of the silly rewards programs they had in place and they knew many people would QQ over gold spend and such. If they hired people that actually knew what the hell they were doing fixing these issues would be no problem at all.

Now many people are quitting PWI and moving on......this thread will eventually be unstickied and buried in the lower **** of the forums and PWE will just pat their people on the back and say "great job avoiding a disaster. How can we **** the game up next?" The clear lack of real care for the gaming community on this game has become deplorable. You say you listen and respect the communities input and want to hear what we want. Yet you complete ignore the sheer numbers of people that requested a roll back...probably to save your own numbers. I for one will most likely not being putting my money into the game as planned to pump up my gear. Why should i waste my hard earned money on a game such as this? Why should anyone for that matter. The fact is you have now lost much support for your game due to your little **** up as of late and you need to fix it. I am still in full support of a roll back and unless that is done i will not be paying you my hard earned money. Ban the offenders permanently with no discretion unless you can remove the refines they cheated to get or watch as MORE people leave your precious game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Long translation:

Hello everyone,

Most of you are probably aware that there was a compensation code given away to the Community on the Friday 22/11/13. The purpose of this code was to compensate the players from the Archosaur server for the recent roll back that they experienced.
    As a gesture of goodwill this compensation was extended as a favor to the rest of the Community. Unfortunately an exploit was allowing users to redeem this code multiple times, we quickly realized this and disabled it, thanks to the honest users vigilance.

We would like now to inform you on the series of action we are going to take in the following times regarding to those events:

- Users that abused the code multiple times will be sanctioned. It was obvious that this was an exploit and as usual exploiting the game is punishable.
    - There will be NO roll-back on ANY server.
    - We will compensate users from the Archosaur server only, allowing them to redeem the Compensation pack. This will be send ingame directly to prevent any further fraud.
    - There will be no compensation for users from another server, since they were not affected by the initial server roll-back.

We apologize again for the confusion generated during this event and want to thank you for alerting us so quickly about it.

Ok that sucks... Specially as they made the facebook post about the code sound like it was an early gift for Thanksgiving (we all know that's not the case but still that's what they said). Guess gratz to the fortunate people who got it and didnt abuse it I guess. And gratz to the people who abused it when u get back from your temporary ban x.x
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • themelc
    themelc Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok that sucks... Specially as they made the facebook post about the code sound like it was an early gift for Thanksgiving (we all know that's not the case but still that's what they said). Guess gratz to the fortunate people who got it and didnt abuse it I guess. And gratz to the people who abused it when u get back from your temporary ban x.x

u forgot to say " and to those who didnt get anything, good luck farming, if u still play"
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I hope pwi does right, all the players who didn't receive anything shouldn't be punished but should be rewarded. And all the players who did right and only received 1-3 orbs as well.

They do a mass mailing for nw every friday and sunday so I don't see why they can't do this for this reward system. The OP says they know who received what so they should also know who didn't receive anything.

The moral on my server is very low, nabs are running around with +10 gears beating better geared people who worked very hard for their gears while the nabs just spam pressed a button and received a ton of orbs.

Also for them to only compensate the Archosaur server is ridiculous if you didn't realize every server has people who spammed tons of orbs.

To this day I still see people opening orbs and they claim it's an old pack which is straight bull this reward system was open for what a good few hours before closing?

Please fix this problem appropriately pwi archosaur SHOULD NOT be the only server compensated or you will see more outrage and quitting due to the amount of OP players tripling due to your mistake.

Thanks for reading.
  • Valnix - Raging Tide
    Valnix - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the post said we could use on any char on any server i have put a fair bit of money on game and i dont get anything that sucks and is not fair
  • themelc
    themelc Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the post said we could use on any char on any server i have put a fair bit of money on game and i dont get anything that sucks and is not fair

most of us invested some money but i doubt we will make that mistake again if they dont fix it , right?
  • TryIt - Raging Tide
    TryIt - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Next maintance Free Scrol of Tome and 10 DOD at least.
    Nah not even that wil fix what has happend to moral of the game players.
    Like i have sad before damage is done no black friday or whatever they wanna do wil get players back lots of local gaming clubs in different countrys writing something about this big mistakes in there magazine.
    Dont think much new or old gamers wil be back market of items way overpriced for now. Why pay 75m for a DoD now who knows maybe they give it for free in a few weeks with some other code nobody of the gamers know.
    Every 1 that buy something now wil feel slapt in the face again after the next thing they gonna give for free.
    Was already stupid to come up with the idea to give orbs away that cost so much in game or boutique.
  • boxboxer123
    boxboxer123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so to translate this into pwi-slang would be :

there was something very good out there and some smart ***** got everything, even the parts of others.
    so now there is none left.
    everybody who didnt get anything just deal with it and go **** yourself
    greetz pwi
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If what was posted on the German language forum is the official PWE reply to this disaster, then I expect a mass forum revolt in 3.....2......1.....

To the mods, deep breath and know that people who know what your job entails won't try to take it out on you.

To DoD, I feel sorry for the expected Forum WWIII that is going to be directed at you. Please pass along all the rage and people leaving to your bosses. Let them know the situation they created caused this FUBAR moment and they need to consider another career.

To the players, please remember that the MODS are only unpaid forum monitors and have no power to do anything with the game. DoD as a temp CM can only take our concerns to his bosses and he cannot say what will or will not happen without his bosses approval.

As for me, I'm going to sit back, relax and remind the player base of PWE's past (-rest of comment removed due to client instability)

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tribells1
    tribells1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rage +1

Let's all start complaining on all forums we know, at least this way PWI won't get other suckers to play...
  • TheDutchman - Raging Tide
    TheDutchman - Raging Tide Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [QUOTE=Lix - Momaganon View Post

- Users that abused the code multiple times will be sanctioned. It was obvious that this was an exploit and as usual exploiting the game is punishable.
    - There will be NO roll-back on ANY server.
    - We will compensate users from the Archosaur server only, allowing them to redeem the Compensation pack. This will be send ingame directly to prevent any further fraud.
    - There will be no compensation for users from another server, since they were not affected by the initial server roll-back.[/QUOTE]

If this means all the other players on all other servers get NOTHING at all, not even 1 compensation pack.... Then I hope all those players agree with me to spend NOTHING and i mean NOTHING on PWI anymore, no time, no effort and most important: NO REAL MONEY. BAN this game, time to move on and forget PWI ever excisted.
    tribells1 wrote: »
    Rage +1

Let's all start complaining on all forums we know, at least this way PWI won't get other suckers to play...

Agreed, spread the word that PWI is one giant rip-off, scammers on an international scale.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agreed, spread the word that PWI is one giant rip-off, scammers on an international scale.

Harsh but i totally agree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver
    FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Umm NO PWI. You can't just go 'here everyone have a very generous pack', then take it down cuz of YOUR **** up. And then turn around and say the people who never had a chance at the pack will not be getting it if they're not on Archosaur.

I'm sorry but you involved ALL the servers with your code, now on every server there are people who got free refines and extra power while some people got none. You've messed it all up. This is completely unfair. You can't just take it back. What sort of sh*tty customer service is that?

You've disappointed a lot of people. It's only fair that people like me who were too late for the code that was meant to last til Sunday get a chance at their pack that others on their server got.

Lots of players are now +10/+11 while I am still at +6. I no longer have the motivation to even save up to buy orbs now since people got them for free. Seems really unfair. :/
  • XNOOB - Dreamweaver
    XNOOB - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hmm, most of ppl got the packs on any server already and other more times... and i wander how the ones abused the code will be panish... because from what i understand wass pwi mastake , for expenple me i didnt get because wass out of game for 3 days right in that periode... i dont think is corect the other ppl dont get it from my server
    in archosaur server i have low lvl and dont play there... just think pwi shoud continue the shet they started from begining and let ppl choice the server, wass 5-6 hour maintanance that day for all that day.
    [SIGPIC]Dreamwever:XNOOB bm 105
    Floriin_ archer 100[/SIGPIC]
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seems like the French forums just posted the same official reply as the German forum. If you abused the glitch, they might catch you...
    If you are on Arch server, they will send you a pack by mail...
    If you are on the other servers... well, you are out of luck as they feel you aren't worthy of their time or effort.

They are sorry. b:cry

Okay DoD, post the official script for the English forum and let's get this party started.

By the way, DoD, now that I have your ear...
    Is your bosses going to give us a "real" Christmas event this year or is it going to be some typical **** that is thrown together like the past four years?
    (and yes I say **** because there hasn't been a good Christmas event since the first year.) Thanks for your reply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    why is everyone doing refine with the orbs they got ??? armor no good if the new exp comes out in jan.... at lvl 1+ cant us armor that's for lvl 101 + ... and may get new armor any way see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lWcNIoXRAY save your orbs for it..... I wish I got the damn thing......me saving exp orbs.
  • smoksi
    smoksi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So what they are doing to punish the abusers exactly? Did anyone get banned and for how long? Or did they removing the orbs or somethig? I dint heard of any banned ppl / taken orbs....yetb:shutup
  • XNOOB - Dreamweaver
    XNOOB - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Umm NO PWI. You can't just go 'here everyone have a very generous pack', then take it down cuz of YOUR **** up. And then turn around and say the people who never had a chance at the pack will not be getting it if they're not on Archosaur.

I'm sorry but you involved ALL the servers with your code, now on every server there are people who got free refines and extra power while some people got none. You've messed it all up. This is completely unfair. You can't just take it back. What sort of sh*tty customer service is that?

You've disappointed a lot of people. It's only fair that people like me who were too late for the code that was meant to last til Sunday get a chance at their pack that others on their server got.

Lots of players are now +10/+11 while I am still at +6. I no longer have the motivation to even save up to buy orbs now since people got them for free. Seems really unfair. :/

i totaly agree u,
    in my case i will not cry for some **** orbs( i hear can refine max g15 gear) but gm's arent profesionists ,i dont wanna imagine what archosaur's player lose in that rollback and if the **** pack they get make them glad
    [SIGPIC]Dreamwever:XNOOB bm 105
    Floriin_ archer 100[/SIGPIC]
  • FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver
    FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've never been this angry at PWI not ever. This shows a complete lack of respect for ALL the players who try to play honestly and within your TOS.

People from the other servers won't be compensated because they weren't affected by the initial rollback? THAT'S NOT THE POINT.

No one cares about the rollback now, people have been screaming at you to put rollbacks on all the servers. Because of the mess you made with this damn pack!
  • SNuppzH - Harshlands
    SNuppzH - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just to make it clear..
    1) some are sitting whit 150 +10 orbs .. charm's - event gold - pott's for a very long time ... these stuffs other have to cash or farm for .... even tho pwi dont have as mutch farming options .....
    2) i We will compensate users from the Archosaur server only, allowing them to redeem the Compensation pack. This will be send ingame directly to prevent any further fraud. lol'd....
    u keeep Harsland down 2 times for 10-12 hours ... after maint while other server's upp ... arch gott 5x ... lol'd so why they deserve it more than others yea explaine?
    3) i totally dont mind ppl gott theyr shi.ts +10 .... for free.. BUT u Promised ALL to gett this code.... not for having it upp for a few hours... and half wont gett a sh-it this is a cash game u scould rly consider make it fair .. as i can read u lost a few amount player's -- but pwi -- treath us like trash -.- sick off it no fair ... what makes 50% server ppl to deserve this pack than other half? wee ... and im sure new exspension will cost ur wallets ... so meh have a nice gaming b:bye

allso btw u could +10 all bound g16 ... so code was nice for all but yea for those lucky ppl online *cought*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SNuppzH lvl 101 Sage Venomancer.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm really disappointed. My internet was down for the entire time the code was legitimately available. I've got a huge feeling now that it won't be made available again, and because of that, I'm being punished. Doesn't feel very fair. b:sad
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • TheDutchman - Raging Tide
    TheDutchman - Raging Tide Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i totaly agree u,
    in my case i will not cry for some **** orbs( i hear can refine max g15 gear) but gm's arent profesionists ,i dont wanna imagine what archosaur's player lose in that rollback and if the **** pack they get make them glad

They work on G16 gear too as long as it is bound gear. And how do i know since i didn't get a single orb? Because i'm getting spamned with pm of all people linking me their gear and how many pieces they made +10 and still have orbs left.

Not to mention all the free charms and event gold people got left, enough to be perma charmed for a long time.
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013

The world knows this already for a long time xD
  • fieptoutje
    fieptoutje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

You were right about your assumption... Here's where to find it:
    Mod edit because it appears people refuse to scroll down enough to read:
    UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

^This is the reason why the code is saying it has expired when you try to enter it!

Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

Mark the : Hello Perfect World citizens! (Seems it's addressed to ALL players, not just Archosaurs?)
    And below the post from facebook:

Happy Holidays All!

This holiday season, Perfect World is giving away a free pack full of goodies including bound dragon orbs! You can give it to any character on any server too. Redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Redeem the above code at http://pwi.perfectworld.com/redeem

This special code will EXPIRE on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24th @ 11:59 PM PST. Get yours now while you can!

From all of us here at PWE, we hope you have a great holiday season and please continue being awesome!

This is where it specifically says:
    This holiday season, Perfect World is giving away a free pack full of goodies including bound dragon orbs! You can give it to any character on any server too. Redeemable once per account.

Again nothing about just Archosaur players? So why now because of all this will NOT all players have the right to the gift anymore? I hope more players will send in tickets about this. They said it's a gift to all, let them give to all.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seems like the French forums just posted the same official reply as the German forum. If you abused the glitch, they might catch you...
    If you are on Arch server, they will send you a pack by mail...
    If you are on the other servers... well, you are out of luck as they feel you aren't worthy of their time or effort.

They are sorry. b:cry

Okay DoD, post the official script for the English forum and let's get this party started.

By the way, DoD, now that I have your ear...
    Is your bosses going to give us a "real" Christmas event this year or is it going to be some typical **** that is thrown together like the past four years?
    (and yes I say **** because there hasn't been a good Christmas event since the first year.) Thanks for your reply.

Your scaring me. D:

I sincerely hope your proven wrong, with how doom and gloom you are being. Though it so sounds like pwe. D: This so seems like a really bad omen.

I am waiting for the **** to hit the fan if what your implying ends up happening.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    WTF me and some of my friends still have not redeem the code which was disabled, how fair is that? Those orbs can be used to +10 r9s3 which some of my other guild-mates did. I quit.
  • surv
    surv Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I been 5 and half years in pwi. I was hoping they would have at least giving us more info by now on this code 6JMMAAB problem. Unless there is something major repair on this problem I will not spend one more penny on this game. I spent hours trying to get through to use the code on November 22. Now because of the abusers I was not able to upgrade my armor and thus can not get get fair competition in Nation Wars. I should have been able to get at least 80-100 tokens but because of the upgrades to others armor I was only able to get about 62 tokens. This reminds me Of the game Ulitima Online when they down graded the great service and they lost tens of thousands of customers. I have never use an Entertainment Arts product since. Wake up PWI.
  • TryIt - Raging Tide
    TryIt - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In Fireman terms Backdraft they are burning them self down this way :(
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fieptoutje wrote: »
    From all of us here at PWE, we hope you have a great holiday season and please continue being awesome!

Bet they are thinking the players aren't so awesome now after reading this b:laugh

This should never have grown outside Archosaur server. There is no doubt it was badly handled. I understand that they should've had compensation but now that it has grown to include all servers. The fair thing would be to give everyone compensation and mass mail everyone something nice that can't be abused.

In order to recover some form of trust with the playerbase they have to weed out the abusers and punish them. I hate to say it but the punishment has to be made known or people will just go "yeah, slapped wrists etc yada yada"

Like the majority I got no orbs b:cry I really could have done with those.
This discussion has been closed.