Things that you would like the pwi devs to bring back.

Slivaf - Dreamweaver
Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
As the title suggests, lets make a list of things that we miss that used to be in game, that some of us would like to see put back into game.

Disclaimer: This is NOT an official post, nor is it a suggestion thread, some of the things some of us will say we want back will already have been suggested to be brought back, but has been shot down for one reason or another. Still if you want to see something back in game feel free to post it here.

Anyways i'll start.

(In no particular order, and I will do my best to keep this first post updated.)

1. Maintenance warning in game. (yes maints are on the same night each week, but sometimes they are skipped, the last minute warning's make it hard to want to play/do an instance when a possible maintenance is coming. I am not saying I want a warning every 15 minutes, but a 30 minute warning would be nice.. surely it's not too hard to make an auto message that alerts us to impending downtime.)

2. Coins in delta (yes this has been shot down so to speak... it ruined the instance almost no one is interested in doing full deltas anymore sadly.. sure there is pages, frags, etc... but meh the coins were loads better.... thank goodness for bh rewards. xD)

--

Yes this is just a couple, I am sure some will disagree with those two, but still there they are, what are some of the things you miss that you feel pwi devs could actually bring back. (Lets try to avoid the 100k gold talk... I think its safe to say that would be extremely bad for them, ergo it is out of the realm of feasibility unfortunately.)
Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
Post edited by Slivaf - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    reserved... JUST in case... unlikely ill need it, but taking it anyways. xd
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A fixed version of the Monthly/Annual(?) Race

The Ashura Grounds (Arena?)

Mist City/Renegade (Not as an actual FB, but revamped for the sake of challenge with something to farm in there)

The "A New Day Dawns Upon Us" message in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The 80's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Farmable FC and FC drops.

The old SoT and Aba.
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Easier Hellfire Boss for people trying to do their culti, cuz this one is just .... no comment.

Coins in Delta - totally agreed with u, I love delta and I used to farm it a lot during x2, now it's just pointless.

Nirvana ofc, my favourite instance :(

Heroic Chest glitch b:chuckle

Challenge, effort, fun and feeling of accomplishing something while running (used to hard) instances with friends.

Old prices of DoTs and DoDs b:chuckle (5-7 mil each) b:chuckle

Tradeable r8r mats

Base trials with better rewards

I think thats about it for now, at least that would make me more thn super happy b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013

The "A New Day Dawns Upon Us" message in-game.

That's very nostalgic for some reason.

Also, huge yes to the actual Mist City/Renegade. I only got to try them once on private server and it was so nice :(

Well at least I get to see Mist City in Warsong but...Renegade D:...**** you Nirvana.

Huge yes to base trials with better rewards or rewards tailored to fit our version of PW (I think trials are still popular in PWCN?).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • pruttkudde
    pruttkudde Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    While some things that were removed would be nice to have back I would prefer if we could first get content that's supposed to be there.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    - Old SoT and Abba for culti bosses, new Abba/Sot for weekly can only be accessible from celestial messenger there
    - Coins in rb
    - World bosses b:cry
    - Drunk GM in world chat b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • MoonGlowz - Dreamweaver
    MoonGlowz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well the gold prices back then, but what come to mind that very few here know about
    a GM would say good morning every day
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rap & canny prices.

The days before purify proc.

Old CoA and Tiger Event.

A few of the factions I've been in that have fallen aparty Q.q

Channel Canceling.

The ban hammer.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Open world
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Common sense
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • bigchewy
    bigchewy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seeing people just hanging around FB19 instances hoping they could do someone's FB run for exp which happened sooner rather than later b:shocked

Doing BH29 (yea ikr) by going into Secret Passage and just asking in normal chat for a squad and finding one, WCing for that was overkill lol.

More recently tho, the ability of the general player base or inability to do a lvl 80-90 FC run, we all know why and with my first 2 points just shows how much this game has changedb:surrender
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Removal of FC being hyper-level only. Reduce the amount of xp by half, and insert old FC farm-able materials to make those forges useful for a change.

Fixed Monthly Races

More GM presence in WC/In Game (This includes GM spawned events)

"A New Day" message, to let us know that we have spent entirely too many hours of the day playing.

World Bosses (Do they even exist anymore?)

Old CoA and Tiger Event

Coins in RB, increased drops (we spend a few hours in there, give us something)

Frequent updates to Boutique. Mounts & Fliers in particular.

(Pretty much what everyone else said) As far as what I'd like to see fixed/added in? Thats a whole 'nother thread.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Common sense

where you buy that lately i know a few people might need it b:cute
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i know, it might sound crazy and totally unrealistic...
    but how about patches and maintenance that don't break things - like they seem to do on a weekly basis?
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i know, it might sound crazy and totally unrealistic...
    but how about patches and maintenance that don't break things - like they seem to do on a weekly basis?

Now now....dont go asking for TOO much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Role back to APS glory days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Ill comment on Delta first.

This was removed for botting and will not be put back in.

I would love to see some of the game txt put back in.

Second Sort out Nirvana! (This is gonna be high on most peoples list) Put someting in like Bacic Badge per boss. OR even chests that contain them that expire if not opened. or something.

put back in the weekley race! YES!
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    heero200 wrote: »
    Ill comment on Delta first.

This was removed for botting and will not be put back in.

You quoted it without an origin so was wondering your source.

As far as I know it wasn't because of botting, but a Delta glitch that caused it's downfall (and the first breaking of Secret Passage). Since the glitch is gone, I'll share. It was possible to put a cleric in bb near the start of delta but not in the mobs path and it would glitch Harpy to not receive any damage so you didn't have to protect it from mobs. All you had to do was kill the boss at the end of each stage to advance. So afk delta's were pretty much possible and exploited.

They tried to fix Delta and it broke SP. They fixed SP and it broke Delta. Eventually, coins were removed and I thought that was just persuasion/punishment against full deltas.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd fix it where Plvl wasn't around and people learned their toon and where people didn't need high lvl to do the instances for them.

Coins in full delta would be nice back id do more FD as much as i hate that instance. it was nice coin!

Hmm i'm not sure what else.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Definitely coins in RB (if botting was the problem, that's just ridiculous to me... you have to sit through the entire delta to get the coins, so even if it is easy for you it takes long enough that you deserve the coins. It isn't something you can afk in like people that bot easy stuff.)

Old Aba and SoT for sure. They should have just made the new versions for the weekly only. The old ones were my favorite BHs and now I just don't run BHs anymore.

An AH that isn't broken.

Fairy boxes in TT solo mode.

DQs that are worth farming.

Being able to farm FF gear.

A CM that communicated with us and seemed to really care about the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Roll the game back to the before genies came in.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Roll the game back to the before genies came in.

..but you would disappear O.O
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    ..but you would disappear O.O

Some fishies are suicidal, Desdi. ;(
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ah old CoA and tigers events totally agreed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    I want the Original Nien Beast event back with the firecrackers, free buffs, and all!

Those were good times!
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My not so well spent money on this game with a broken server I play on.. b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    My not so well spent money on this game with a broken server I play on.. b:scorn

Pfft. It goes to good use keeping me bribed doesn't it? b:laugh
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would like the old Sot and Aba, the new ones are divided into ridiculously easy bhs and incredibly tedious weeklys.

Sot used to be my favorite instance, but now I'm in it all of 6 minutes and then its off to collect more chips b:shutup

And I mean Sot before they added Lord of Captivation.

I would like to go back to when the most attack levels or defense levels anyone had MAX was like 6 with really OP gear b:chuckle

Thats pretty much it for me. Every other thing I could want back will never be, and any boredom I may have with the game these days is mostly due to being 103 and being able to do everything I need to do every day in like 20 minutes.

With dq gone there is no reason to grind, with my server pretty much dead I have better ways to spend my time than wasting time or teles trying to find a bh squad most days. My friends hardly play anymore, and I'm basically waiting for new content or for them to actually add the content properly they hyped up 2 months ago...

Well I would like fb blessings brought back too lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky