JoSD Or Deities?

Options
2»

Comments

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    LOL Noob uninstall! Full Amber to avoid wizard/psy 1 hit.

Okay not pissing about:
    I havent looked in to it much recently but isnt Vit still viable? From what i remember of my Vit calcs were that when attack levels increased to a certain point over your defs (think it was like 70-80) then Vit stones provided more survival than jades did. With the introduction of Deity i would of thought this would put Vit stones more on par with Jades survival wise. At least in certain situations.

tldr: Vit stones OP?

I thought so too until i actually tried it out. Jades are more effective than full vit, especially since vit stones have become 50m on DW.
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I thought so too until i actually tried it out. Jades are more effective than full vit, especially since vit stones have become 50m on DW.

Wonder when +20s will come out.

Got a load of primals when the merge happened. Not really sure if I should full vit my sin or sell them for profits. Guess ill have to do more maths (ewww)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    LOL Noob uninstall! Full Amber to avoid wizard/psy 1 hit.

Okay not pissing about:
    I havent looked in to it much recently but isnt Vit still viable? From what i remember of my Vit calcs were that when attack levels increased to a certain point over your defs (think it was like 70-80) then Vit stones provided more survival than jades did. With the introduction of Deity i would of thought this would put Vit stones more on par with Jades survival wise. At least in certain situations.

tldr: Vit stones OP?

Ssshhh!

Actually, this was my way of thinking for my HAs but I think it only holds true for the HA classes and only if you're not already hitting the def cap. Vit as a multiplier becomes a larger chunk the better gear we get. HA users also get 15 hp (BMs without cube beck) to 31 hp (barbs in true form with cube neck) while sins only get 13-14 hp. You're right that a 60 ish def level build is only reducing damage by something like 25% against a 135 attack level build. For some classes 24 vit stones would add more than 25% hp as well as well as +10-15% def resistance. But not sins =/
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Persoanlly, from the way I play a sin, I'd go full Deity in my gears.

As far as the Jades go, there's a sin on my server who is full Jades and he doesn't perform well vs. me enough to kill me, but I still hit him really hard.

There's another sin, who has citrines in his armour, although more skilled, this sin has done well and killed me at least twice during multiple 1 v 1.

The most skilled sin I've faught, has killed me with APS gear, with DOT, and Jades mixture. The sin used tidal and stun locks at the right time, along with apoth. (He was the most squishest as well..but the hardest to land hits on because of his skill level).

In theory, if you're able to process fast, and have fast reaction time, good fps, and the concept of what an assassin class is meant to be, then go full Deity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ssshhh!

Actually, this was my way of thinking for my HAs but I think it only holds true for the HA classes and only if you're not already hitting the def cap. Vit as a multiplier becomes a larger chunk the better gear we get. HA users also get 15 hp (BMs without cube beck) to 31 hp (barbs in true form with cube neck) while sins only get 13-14 hp. You're right that a 60 ish def level build is only reducing damage by something like 25% against a 135 attack level build. For some classes 24 vit stones would add more than 25% hp as well as well as +10-15% def resistance. But not sins =/

Aye, assassin also lack a buff to increase their passive restances other than tidal or focused mind, which doesnt scale with stats.
    Persoanlly, from the way I play a sin, I'd go full Deity in my gears.

As far as the Jades go, there's a sin on my server who is full Jades and he doesn't perform well vs. me enough to kill me, but I still hit him really hard.

There's another sin, who has citrines in his armour, although more skilled, this sin has done well and killed me at least twice during multiple 1 v 1.

The most skilled sin I've faught, has killed me with APS gear, with DOT, and Jades mixture. The sin used tidal and stun locks at the right time, along with apoth. (He was the most squishest as well..but the hardest to land hits on because of his skill level).

In theory, if you're able to process fast, and have fast reaction time, good fps, and the concept of what an assassin class is meant to be, then go full Deity.

Goredawn? Nab.
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It is possible for any class to one shot literally any other class regardless of gear with the right debuffs. That said, in actual pvp it is extremely rare that a sin is able to one shot a maxed arcane (or really any maxed char for that matter).

For reference, when I'm just self buffed (pretty rare with full buff pots so obtainable now).. a maxed josd sin (near 800 dex) that triple sparks -> headhunt hits ~3.5k base (14k zc), which is clearly not a one shot (self buffed I'm sitting at 17.7k hp). Of course deities or more amps could improve that damage a bit, but there are also tons of defensive skills that can be used to counter as well. The chances that the sin is able to catch a self buffed/purged target while triple sparked and get a zc with amps while the target does nothing is not all that common.

yeah ofc same way atk lvl sins rnt always that easy to kill....