Identity change and server merge

13»

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If they were to merge two servers, be one PvP and PvE, I'm guessing they'd allow us to vote on which it'll become (something like they did with "Morai"'s creation)

I'm almost certain that it'd end up being a PvE server if the responses here as of late are of any indication, but it's still silly since most PvE'ers are getting so distressed about it - even if PK was only at 100+

-It's not like everyone 100+ and up are going to suddenly become rabid and try to kill off everyone/anyone - not unless they want to get a quick red-name and possibly killed by someone stronger

-Not everyone who hits that level is going to have amazing gear - there will probably be players you can kill if you did more than just focus on leveling the last 99 levels

-You can kill off bots, which is something compared to ticketing them without much hope of a permanent ban

-PvP will still mostly be contained in certain areas/times like Eoria said (and even with Tigers, there's 5 cities to compete in, and if you ABSOLUTELY don't want to fight, just stay at lv 99 and farm it)

I seriously don't see where the distressing part of all of this is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would welcome a server-merge for some of the servers. Heaven's Tear, for example - while it's more populated than some of the other servers, it still is quite bare when it comes to weekly events, instances, etc. Now that we have a way to change our in-game name, it should make it possible to give us a free name-changing item upon server change, thus fixing that whole dilemma.

Some of the newer servers (Archosaur & Raging Tide) are quite empty. If this rate of player-base loss continues, it may become fairly inefficient and less profitable to have more servers than are actually needed. I'm expecting this to happen in the next 12 months (year), but we'll see if PWE actually follows through with a merger.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The most likely Server Merger route that {PWE} would choose would eventually leave 4-servers...

1- the already recently merged EU {Morai} server

2- A (Raging Tides & Dreamweaver) merged 'PvE' server for the East coast

3- A Dedicated 'PvP' Server, made up the merged (Harshlands & Lost City) servers "though how they'll handle the times for COA and in-server NWs & etc., will be beyond me being it will have to be based on a (Centralized Time Zone) rather than (East & West coast) server times...b:bye"

/AND/

4- A Newly merged West coast 'PvE' server made from the merged (Archosaur, Heavens Tear & Sanctuary) servers...

This sort of spread minimizes incompatable scheduling and server usage intents, to the majority of players who went to specific 'PvE & PvP' server's for their specific 'against enviorment /or/ PK-combat styles' "the exception being the PK-server which as already mentioned before would have to be set to a clock thats '2-hours in-between' the existing 'East & West coast' server times"

And this server merger spread, will also finally allows for a (Nearly fully feasable 4-way & 4-server NW event) being it'll have:

1~nation as the Euro server

1~as the Eastern PvE server

1~as the PK server

/and/

1~ as the western PvE server

b:victoryb:victory
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2013
    seitori wrote: »
    And this server merger spread, will also finally allows for a (Nearly fully feasable 4-way & 4-server NW event) being it'll have: [/B]

1~nation as the Euro server

1~as the Eastern PvE server

1~as the PK server

/and/

1~ as the western PvE server

b:victoryb:victory

=That would certainly be interesting.

The biggest issue with what you've suggested though is the existing name servers, and hardware localization.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If they do one pvp server only and use LC and HL for it, times will probably have to be set to east coast for the sanity of all the east coast people. 5pm isn't a terrible event time for west coast, but 11pm for east coast is just...lulz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    LOL. You call this game a RPG? That really made me laugh. The story is not even well translated, and it's not that interesting at all anyway. You really need to go see what a real RPG is.

In short, the real reason pvp has been declining is because the game is too old now. Probably a lot of people are feed up of "the same".

Age has not killed other MMORPGs e.g. 12 years for one company I know and still going strong.

Lol, I do not call this game a MMORPG anymore, its now a MOBA lol,
    but its false advertising when the company calls it game a MMORPG and then it turns out to be a MOBA.

Why do I dislike this style of play, because after years and years of playing these games (e.g. home networking parties before the net) and discussing them with other MOBA/FPS players, given that when all things are equal for all players, your kill death ratio ends up being 50/50 it may be lower at times or higher but if you collect the stats in all games you play long enough it all ends up the same.

BORING!.

If its not 50/50 then you are all not all even in gear and experience, and it becomes an E-PEEN fest.

As to commenting on a game I currently am taking a break from, then you need to listen to people who have left so that you can enact things within the game to prevent this happening in the future.

As to playing Real RPGs lol try starting on book games then progressing to ULTIMA Underworld 1 and 11 on a 1 mb Amstrad 80286 with 4 mb ram added to an ISA slot card just to play and so on since.

I am not claiming to be an Expert on gaming I just have enough years under my belt to know what I do not like in a game.

My definition of an Expert. (Ex-Spurt), Ex =Old, Spurt =Drip under pressure.
    therefore an Expert is an "Old drip under pressure".

Taking my own personal time from my other real MMORPGs to help improve this game should demonstrate how much I care about this game, and not be an insult to those who still play, if you cannot see that, then you are more likely worried about your personal feelings rather than the game, and need to rethink your own motivations for commenting in the first place, you have more problems than you think.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle