New identity

HideYoHubby - Archosaur
HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
We getting new item to change your name in game, costs 39g if I looked the price correctly. Discuss.

I myself love the idea, hit on minors and if you ruin your name with it, get a new one! Respect PWE, making stalkers life oh so much easier!
__Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
Post edited by HideYoHubby - Archosaur on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    He likely heard it in game (it's been passed around HT as well that this is coming), cuz if he "looked at the price correctly" he'd have actually posted a source instead of troll material.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Eh, the source is EU server. Make toon on Morai, check boutique and you`ll see the item there. I simply thought its wide knowledge EU gets their sales 1am server time, which is 5pm West coast time I believe. Well its not completely reliable, since EU got merged they usually throw more stuff on sale after maint.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    http://i.imgur.com/ZqbEkzI.png

What an awful idea. It's just going to be used by scammers hiding their tracks and people selling their account. I can't think of a real legitimate use for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013

What an awful idea. It's just going to be used by scammers hiding their tracks and people selling their account. I can't think of a real legitimate use for this.

Well I can, like if you really hate your name or it has special characters that aren't allowed anymore that makes it difficult to whisper you. Or if you name contains the word "grape" since that filter gets messed up sometimes. The last two of which I have seen. But I really think that is something that could've been done through ticketing, I mean they could've still charged for the service......

So many scammers are gonna take advantage of this b:surrender

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Wow. I know most games have name change items but they are still able to ID an account if a scam is involved. I wouldn't know this, but its fair enough to ask, wouldn't records be kept of characters on accounts that have had a name change? I mean this way they can still ID scammers even if the name has been changed. Could a GM confirm if this is possible? Oh by the way, the price for this item is insane. b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wonder when pwi gonna make names free also then.

mayby deleting the chars that havent logged on anymore after the first 2 years of pwi is a good idea. those chars havent been played for 3 years then, seem fair enough to me that they get deleted. some games that are out for about same time or longer then pwi have done such thing in order to create character name room for new players. and to clean up their storage i guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    39 golds = around 80m.

So if someone plan to scam that mean he plan to scam over 80m, other than that it will cost them a fortune to change name constantly.

But knowing PWI it will probably cause a lot of issues with BL, FL, married people, guild list etc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While I can see it being used for many bad purposes, the WORST of them can still be tracked by PWI if they so desire (account selling, actual ToS violations)

It is also useful in the event you are someone who made transgressions previously in the game and just want a fresh start...assuming people don't stalk core connect.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    39 golds = around 80m.

So if someone plan to scam that mean he plan to scam over 80m, other than that it will cost them a fortune to change name constantly.

But knowing PWI it will probably cause a lot of issues with BL, FL, married people, guild list etc...

Yes, I could easily see trolls/stalkers using it, although Core is easy enough to figure out.

Knowing me it'd take until next update to figure out what to change a name to. b:chuckle
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow. I know most games have name change items but they are still able to ID an account if a scam is involved. I wouldn't know this, but its fair enough to ask, wouldn't records be kept of characters on accounts that have had a name change? I mean this way they can still ID scammers even if the name has been changed. Could a GM confirm if this is possible? Oh by the way, the price for this item is insane. b:surrender

Im sure PWE does but people wont know the difference, lets say someone scams you out of an FC room and then you WC "dont buy from this person" they can change their name and no one will be the wiser.

Though I agree 39g > 1mil for the fc room, so no low scammers like that will do this. probably the "hey can i see this" or "hey can i borrow this" kind of scammer. b:surrender
  • Malord - Heavens Tear
    Malord - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    YAY PWE IS FINALLY releasing....... content added.... 2 bloody versions ago.... sigh... old news about this stuff and its nothing more then a useless system imo. If you pick a good name in the first place then you won't need to change it.
    Fashion Mastery

"The skill for fashion tailoring. A master who is proficient in
    producing fashion can make the most eye-catching, colorful clothes around!"
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While I can see it being used for many bad purposes, the WORST of them can still be tracked by PWI if they so desire (account selling, actual ToS violations)

It is also useful in the event you are someone who made transgressions previously in the game and just want a fresh start...assuming people don't stalk core connect.

aha! so u can finally apply to GD or Karma? b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
    edited October 2013
    Majority of people put their core connects in private anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd so buy few for all my chars...need couple people out of my life and I'll be much happy to waste few (or actually hell lot of) millions to change my characters' identities. Who could've believed couple people can ruin your in-game fun way more than PWE does?
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bobyjoee wrote: »
    Im sure PWE does but people wont know the difference, lets say someone scams you out of an FC room and then you WC "dont buy from this person" they can change their name and no one will be the wiser.

Though I agree 39g > 1mil for the fc room, so no low scammers like that will do this. probably the "hey can i see this" or "hey can i borrow this" kind of scammer. b:surrender

You bring up a good point, but that's the risk they take when buying runs. I don't pay any mind to the WC accusations on my server because half the time it ends up being a scammer and the other half a person that is not satisfied for whatever reason or just doesn't like them. The former is so childish it's not even funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    they made this for me so i dont look stupid when R10 comes out b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Biggest Laugh about This 1 is (if it were actually true) would be > just what in H**l could 1 switch ones characters names into that would be worthwhile & original this late into the game???b:chuckle

Pickings for good & original unused names are kinda sparse now'a'days (the item would be (So Not Worth the Cost) if it actually did end up existing for real)b:chuckleb:pleasedb:chuckle
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So people can change their toon name now, it doesnt matter if the person is a scammer or not. If he/she was a scammer, trace it using core connect and write down his user name, then you will be able to track nearly all of his alts as well.

I bet PWI will "forgot" to put the NPC associated with the name changing b:chuckle
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    39 golds = around 80m.

^wanted to point out this to. Must be a real commited scammer then.
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We don't need this...even though i said i wish i could change my name...lol. I won't everyone knows my veno and cleric b:chuckle well most on Arch somehow.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wouldn't mind changing my name.

But for 39 gold............................ f:worry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Khallie - Sanctuary
    Khallie - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know a few people who don't like the names they picked for various reasons....some names are very similar to others and people can get confused who is who.
    edited October 2013
    I personally won't change any chars's name cause everyone call me by the same names (rl or old main name) so even if I changed my char's name people will still call me by the name they always called me and I'm not a fan of hiding who I am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    damn now I could change my name that was just a joke when I made my cleric 5 yrs ago..........but why now is strange to add this.......come on unbinding scrolls..........
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Interesting.
    I'm curious to see how it goes.

It's quite expensive so I don't see a lot of scammers using it honestly unless they are really serious about the scamming business.

I'm happy for the people who have been waiting for this option though because I know a few who wished they could change character names. Some of them even went as far as re-rolling a toon simply because they wanted a different name.

Personally, I won't use it because I'm happy with my toons names. I'm usually very careful when I choose a name for a character.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • NW_Shinoby - Dreamweaver
    NW_Shinoby - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    didn't liked my name becouse was made on ingame event and my toon is celestial demon + geared,good way not to change ur toon u play,now make this item chiep!
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Interesting.
    I'm curious to see how it goes.

It's quite expensive so I don't see a lot of scammers using it honestly unless they are really serious about the scamming business.

I'm happy for the people who have been waiting for this option though because I know a few who wished they could change character names. Some of them even went as far as re-rolling a toon simply because they wanted a different name.

Personally, I won't use it because I'm happy with my toons names. I'm usually very careful when I choose a name for a character.

Pff.. I sat on my chair for a whole 20 seconds thinking up this name. It's kind of catchy now, but I would like to change it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • LIghtingAP - Raging Tide
    LIghtingAP - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    next time they will add item to change your character gender and we will have much more tranies b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So people can change their toon name now, it doesnt matter if the person is a scammer or not. If he/she was a scammer, trace it using core connect and write down his user name, then you will be able to track nearly all of his alts as well.

I bet PWI will "forgot" to put the NPC associated with the name changing b:chuckle
    The NPC has been there for like 4-5 months. f:hehe