PWI's pet peeves

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Oh... and Hwilight Hemple still makes me think 'what the **** wrong with you that 5 years later you can't upgrade your lingo from a completely different PWE game?'

I usually ignore these things but it amuses me to see when people write like:

"You can get the gear in HH (TT for the other people on the forum) bla bla bla".

You might as well just call it TT if you're going to write a whole explanation about it O.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • aerz
    aerz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Interesting thread :D

Let's see..

Tanks that are complaining when I give them my SoV buff even if I said that it's sage before buffing.

People asking about my RL gender.

And most of all:
    In tw or nw, getting oneshotted by archers (usually) that were, from my point of view, somewhere offscreen. I don't mind losing to a stronger opponent but if I didn't even see them I get frustrated.

Additionally, lots of things that have allready been said.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    People that insist on picking all of the **** mats in Lunar when the squad is on random.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Crimson :D
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The anti-MELEE buff (note how I am not calling it the anti aps buff it's not the anti aps buff)... it's kind of runining melee's damage/ability to be the one to tank things that they should be tanking in pve.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    People who don't like you just because you are in "blablabla" faction. I have been guilty of this in the past but have come to realize just how stupid it really is. I constantly have people pming me going "OMG you are in ____ faction? I don't like you anymore" (or something along those lines). It's random pixels above some more random pixels head. It truly does not mean anything else. I hate applying to a faction, can't stand it, won't do it anymore. If ___ faction will take me without an app and is generally active then sure why not.

Which brings me to faction applications. I guess I sort of get it. No faction wants those people that jump in, assume the entire faction is there to give/farm their gear just so they can jump into another "better" faction but still. Talk to the person in game, run an instance with them. I apply to jobs not video game groups.

People that take their in-game relationships so seriously that their whole world revolves around it. There are always exeptions and I know people have found luuuurve in game but everyone has seen them and you know they get on your nerves as much as they get on mine. "So and so cheated on me!!! They got a girlfriend/boyfriend rl and now they won't do marriage quest with me because they say it's against bla bla." It honestly aggrivates me most when they complain to me about it like I'm supposed to be their in game relationship therapist. Dude I am here to play a game, not to listen to you whine about something I don't give a rats *** about.

Other wizards that don't alternate undines when we're in squad together. I undine, then you undine or vice versa. Don't undine right after I do and take the debuffs away. Drives me crazy.

People that go "OMG you're a SAGE WIZ...so fail" Get over it, I went sage, I'm not going to change it. Conversation over.

I am not a huge pker, and really don't pvp very much though I am on a pvp server. I do randomly get a wild hair up my butt and like to give it a go and go to wherever spot people happen to be. Don't pm me when I kill you and say "WHY YOU KEEL ME I'M ONLY LVL 80" I don't check your gear before I kill you. You are out there...you're fresh meat and I wanna kill someone. Don't go to west gate and sit there with your thumb up your butt and not expect someone to get you. I'm not trying to stalk lower lvl people and generally feel bad when I do happen to get them but at the same time don't go to active pvp spots and not expect it.

People that think just because you helped them one time that you are automatically their "helpful" slave. I love to help people, it's fun but I refuse to follow you around all day long to kill every last little mob that you need killed just to be spam pmed the next day to do the exact same thing.

This doesn't apply so very much anymore because very few people quest nowadays but people that constantly ask for help on regular quests. "I have to kill 100 ___ someone help meeeeee." If you can't do it by yourself you either need to gear up or learn your class. Nothing wrong with teaming up with people your level that need the same quest but I'm not going to drop whatever it is I'm doing just to kill 100 mobs for you while you sit there and do nothing. It makes me even more mad when people rage quit a faction just because no one will drop everything their doing to grind those quests. I did them ALL on my own or with others who needed the exact same thing the exact same time I did...if I can do it, you can do it. I'm not talking about special quests...just the regular run of the mill level quests around the map.

I know someone that mentioned this earlier but I disagree and feel the opposite. I hate it when people spam pm me "WHY YOU DELETE ME AS FRIEND" because you friended me, and then never talked to me for months, you havn't signed on in months...some reason or another. If I deleted you, I wanted to. I have had people friend me, not talk to me forever, I delete them, then pm me mad, friend me again and then not talk to me for months all over again. What's the damn point in friending me?

Playing this game for a few years has I guess changed my perspective on things. I used to really care what people thought, wanted everyone to like me, wanted to be well known all kinds of stuff when I first started. Now...to be honest, I just sign on to play a game and get away from my real life for an hour or so. If you don't like what I do, I just really don't care xD.

It could go on, but I'll go ahead and end the rant now xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Let's see...

- High level clerics who go "IMMA UBER DD" instead of actually healing people. I was in a brim squad once with a level 103 UBER METAL MAGE cleric, everyone died at least once.
    - barbs who can't hold aggro for ****, because they are on two legs
    - the moron who runs thru all mobs for a massive pull, lets half reset somewhere on the way where they promptly return and **** the squad
    - clerics misplacing/mistiming BB
    - mid-levels SOMEHOW aggroing a lot of stuff in 69/79/89 and dying a lot *cougharcherscough*
    - people nagging at the poor mystic for the rez buff (1 min CD)
    - any debuffing class not knowing when to put their debuff to combine with the rest (amp, hf, elemental/dimensional seal
    - people not knowing which buffs/debuffs stack and which don't
    - the special person who runs into a lot of mobs and dies screaming for heals
    - in fact, anyone who doesn't know how healaggro works
    - I also hate Styg for being the only (as far as I remember) archer BH boss
    Edit:
    - don't forget venos passing sparks without asking and the spark going to waste (cleric and seek both screaming for dhi, veno goes DERP, gives chi to the wizard with full chi, QQ in squad chat)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    PWI pet peeve.

People who do nothing but whine about their pet peeves..

b:laughb:laugh

Nubs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree with Sakubatou on:
    It's not HH, it's Twilight Temple.

OBO Means Or Best Offer, not Or Better Offer.

People sucking at the teet of 5.0's and unable/willing to play a dungeon without it.

Complaining when I save myself from a squad wipe. I save me, to save you in 2 seconds not 5 minutes.

People not caring to learn new things, prime example: BH stacking.

Being told "rez me", no I want you to stay there dead and usless to the party.

Aggro theifs complaining I dont heal them.

PWE always **** up great ideas with greed.

Complaints about Pking (against or for) on a PvE server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My biggest pet peeve is when my Bernese mountain dog steals my mouse while I'm doing a dungeon and makes me die because I either ask and chase him or I run rapidly across the screen and get killed by a mob.

Also when some lowbie doesn't stop asking for help just because you helped em before and you tell them your busy at the moment but don't seem to understand you can't do anything right now.
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    - "Invalid service" while trying to sell stuff to cat shops
    - Barbs claiming it's person X's fault stealing aggro though person X is not a sin and is undergeared/weaponed vs said barb and said barb doesnt focus on tanking much
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not being able to mention other games when they themselves advertise Neverwinter and Elemental Kingdoms (just see above banners). b:surrender

I think its not allowed because we might all migrate elsewhere if we heard of such other games should they exist and simply give a damn about their game's integrity and their player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Not being able to mention other games when they themselves advertise Neverwinter and Elemental Kingdoms (just see above banners). b:surrender

I think its not allowed because we might all migrate elsewhere if we heard of such other games should they exist and simply give a damn about their game's integrity and their player base.

You can mention other PWE games in off-topics and fanatics though.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just to blow of steam here, some more of my personal pet peeves:

- People who play the game, then shouted BORED in wc/gc then started to make drama. If you bored in this game, log off, then do something else that interest you, if you still bored, may God have mercy on your soul.

- Meridian thingy, my luck is soo bad that I got stuck in Dark gate for nearly three months b:cry.

- People who doesn't listen to instructions, especially in the new Hidden Dragon Den which causing multiple squad wiped since Boss went frenzy.

- Joins a random wc squad, then the first instruction from the leader is "Go Skype/Vent", well sorry, I dislike using them, and if you're going to make a a voice-chat exclusive squad, make sure you inform that during wc. b:angry

- Person who think he/she is elite, blame the squad for being fail after got multiple squad wiped. Said person rage quit, then the next attempt went smoother with no one in squad dying.b:laugh I guess we now know who is the fail one b:bye.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    People considering 80-99 as low levels.

People who judge you because of your level

People that die in an easy area / instance

R9 and R9 recast

PWE making new gear after new gear

The fail random stats on 1 to 3 star gear especially if it is not full elemental resistance

Lack of low and mid level gear being sold

People who just completely do nothing else but buy one-shottable mobs for high exp in FC

PWE nerfing income that is not CS related

PWE failing at fixing glitches and tweaking things

Fail class builds

The game catering only to endgame levels and not giving hints to those who are starting the game on how to make money.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My biggest peeve is how some act as if the sun sets and the moon rises just for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver
    FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    -When I'm on my 9x mystic and I join a squad and start res buffing people, some idiots that scream 'gime res balls!!' dont understand that it has a long cooldown >.<

-PWI's whole attitude towards their playerbase and their greed, and the fact I can't stop playing the damn game.

-How overpriced dyes are...and the ugly colours that you're bound to get by using random dyes.

-The grinding machine, there's only one. And tons of players are doing the quests everyday on up to 10 alts or more. Put some more in or make the damn thing diggable by more than one person at a time. (if that's possible without crashing it or something).

-On a related note with Jolly Jones quests, the Dragonet at the lake when he decides to shimmy his way above the water and kill anyone who comes close XD

-Lowbies who try and sell mob drop gear in a catshop for ages for like what 10-20k total :/ no ones gona buy it. Go do Jolly Jones.

-When suddenly there's no clerics or tanks on an entire server and you've got 3 of the same bh in wc looking for one of them.

-People who give up on squads in 2 mins (without saying a word) just cuz it's taking some time to find a cleric or tank.

I'm sure there's much more. XD
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can mention other PWE games in off-topics and fanatics though.
    oooh b:surprised i actually did not know that b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    People considering 80-99 as low levels.

People who judge you because of your level

People that die in an easy area / instance

R9 and R9 recast

PWE making new gear after new gear

The fail random stats on 1 to 3 star gear especially if it is not full elemental resistance

Lack of low and mid level gear being sold

People who just completely do nothing else but buy one-shottable mobs for high exp in FC

PWE nerfing income that is not CS related

PWE failing at fixing glitches and tweaking things

Fail class builds

The game catering only to endgame levels and not giving hints to those who are starting the game on how to make money.

ppl who complain how much the game sucks yet are still here....
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Those debuffs that stay like forever on your toon >.<

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the Info box that pops up everytime i mouse over a skill...why cant i turn this damn thing off ?

and why does it have to fill half the screen ?

How come no matter where i move the ground mount icon...its always right under or over my group window the next time i mount up ? other boxes stay put why wont this one ?

Grrr hehehe ohh btw wonderful thread ive seen soo many things here already that make me b:angry
  • TemptingFire - Dreamweaver
    TemptingFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When I put some hypers into my hyper count down and it pops up while i'm playing or every time I login for at least the next few days. b:shutupb:beatup
  • Jake_english - Lost City
    Jake_english - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    -snip-

When dumb people goes haywire.b:chuckle

When trolls aggrieve.b:chuckle

When i DC as catshop Q_Q

When you go to TW all ready and they dun show up

That's annoying.

the annoying invisible map window that when i click the wrong arrow makes my game crash
    and when it doesnt, then i cant click that area Q_Q

:O
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/0ecb5a80-3714-4459-ac21-81c49e63a21c_zpsb7333129.jpg <--This, and people afk'ing on alts in NW in general.

The water glitch

When people say "no reply=no thx" as if saying No thanks to like maybe 2 pms is that hard, or a simple WC "full/sold all ty" afterwards in wc is so hard. >> The people who do this usually dont' even have anything good.

Obvious fake auctions in WC

Having too many JJ orders because of my own laziness. I realize it's my fault but when I get a stack of them it's annoying to go through them all. b:chuckle

You blotted out your hotbar? b:laugh

The waterfall glitch? Baby you just jelly my milkshake is better

Funny enough Trolling Tide server doesn't seem to get too many fake bids.

Lol I got sick of JoJ after 2 days. Then after a week I stopped logging my cleric for it entirely. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Terrwyne - Sanctuary
    Terrwyne - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    People that blame it on the lag

People that claim they cant solo pav in ws besides they are g16... f:shock

When i see people in yellow fashion, only me is allowed to wear yellow! f:cry

(In aba especially) Clerics who ressing random people instead of 2nd cleric when squad about to wipe.. And then if he do, 2nd cleric get up before boss reset and squad is doomed to wipe anyways -> dieing immediatly and one of them have to walk alllllll waaaaayyyy back

People that attack eye balls in Aba, besides rest of squad at puppetter and told everyone just run through the eyes.

And lotsa other things already mentioned
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    People whining if I want to do 2-3 groups in BH Snake and not lure the runners because that is slow and unnecessary.

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013

When i see people in yellow fashion, only me is allowed to wear yellow! f:cry

brb getting yellow fashion... b:avoid
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My miraculous luck in the Cube of Fate... I never, ever got an Ecstasy card there. Maybe I wasn't doing it too much (still lvl 92), but my generous stack of sadness cards makes me believe, that Ecstasy cards are a hoax and don't really exist. The other day I got into the Very Bored room 5 (five!) times b:beatup, because I kept getting tags for 3 rooms back. So, considering 5 sadness cards I got in that run, I decided that my stubborn strive to complete the Cube that day has carried me too far, and then, after getting 1-shotted by a mob in the second exploding hands room, I left the Cube with a feeling of great relief... b:tired

But at least I got a +10% exp bonus from World quest that day. And dyed my Mandarin Silk gown with random dyes out of boredom and accidentally got pure black (which I didn't even want in the first place, but since black dyes cost a crapload, I guess this should be considered great luck). Thus, if your luck sucks so bad in Cube, it must be concentrated somewhere else, lol.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    You blotted out your hotbar? b:laugh

The waterfall glitch? Baby you just jelly my milkshake is better

Funny enough Trolling Tide server doesn't seem to get too many fake bids.

Lol I got sick of JoJ after 2 days. Then after a week I stopped logging my cleric for it entirely. b:laugh

I did go a bit overboard on the blotting there. b:chuckle

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    - People who asked my lvl 94 cleric to clear FF/FCC for them after I help them lowbie quest/bosses b:tired

- When helping lowbie doing their bh/tt gear farm, I often tell them to join attacking after I hold agro on mobs/boss, and most of the time they just stand there like an idiot. b:angry. I tried to teach them politely how to use their class (BM on HF timing, seeker with debuff, sin with ribstrike etc), and yet they still stood there like an idiot. b:angry

- Multiple lunar bh in one week b:cry I like doing lunar, but doing it after 2x event is kinda worthless

- sin with G16/R9S3+12 dagger and aps gear blaming it on other people (tank/cleric, etc) when he got 1-shotted by boss b:surrender. As we told him to use CoD and keep his agro, he instead told tank and cleric to get better ref on their weapon.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer