Wizard PVP guide to perfection

2»

Comments

• Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've had such a long break from PWI I can hardly play decent in PK. Still not enough experience to realize when one hit can kill me and when I can tank it, paying attention to details such as: your target used dew star of protection, you do 600 dmg. b:chuckle
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    you're not giving him the right advices Adroit, teach him the way u do things b:laugh
    edited September 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwDoYAKBVIk

This is the BM's side of the fight.

http://youtu.be/YBQ2p3rHtAM

This is mine.

Obviously, I lost. :(
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow,
    thx for ur uploading
    :)

I see
    Wiz is really tough at end game
    even without AFA

could you please tell/show me what gear you and the BM there? b:thanks
    edited September 2013
    Wow,
    thx for ur uploading
    :)

I see
    Wiz is really tough at end game
    even without AFA

could you please tell/show me what gear you and the BM there? b:thanks

BM is R9,3 I think, +11/+12 with some jades...i dont know to be honest. He's a bit under my gear level. I did not expect the oneshot to be honest. b:chuckle
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwDoYAKBVIk

This is the BM's side of the fight.

http://youtu.be/YBQ2p3rHtAM

This is mine.

Obviously, I lost. :(

Nice video, i would like to know which shards and refine you have, and i liked how u abused Blinding Blaze, not many wizards use it, same with Tactical reversion, but why not using Ice prison, is great to lock up and kill BMs
    Btw, nice try on the BT, works great against p.marrowed BMs, i have killed them often with it
    edited September 2013
    I am +12 all items, Lunar nirvana cape and helm t2 with Garnet gems, rest Jades. G16 neck+12, cloud stir+12...crappy tome lvl 1, just gave up on my Emperor tome to pay debts ingame :)
  • Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide
    Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    http://pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d
    more or less what i had on that fight cept all the values for some reason are a lil off b:sad
    like my p attack without barb buff is actually 19,8-29,8 and not what the calc says .. also even tho i added the buffs i had in there my def marrowd is closer to 25k with those buffs.
    Str pure r9rr axe only sage bm b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvy for Epic Sig <3
    - Sage BM 0.87aps and loving it <3
    youtube.com/channel/UCaZIAPCmpfzSc1ly3mbhjdg
    pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d somewhere close
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    On the first video (group PvP one), you could really benefit from getting a little less trigger happy with FoW. The main issue is that you are using it when it isn't needed, and then it is on cd when it would actually be useful. So for example, @0:23 you use it right off the bat when everybody in your party is full hp + full buffed.. and Arawin isn't even attacking. What purpose does it do there (even if he didn't get sog'd at the same time)? Imagine if immediately after you wasted fow, the archer (Bhavyy?) triple sparked and started hitting someone. This would be the ideal time to use fow.. waste a good portion of his spark and would give everyone extra time to react and get out of range (or w/e they deem appropriate). You could also do it if you see a bm running in to stun somebody.. there are many many many situations where fow can be useful, but I didn't see a single one in the video. From what I saw, every single fow in the video was wasted.. it was like you were playing a game to keep it on cd as much as possible, it didn't matter if it would be useful or not.. you just used it for the sake of using it.

@0:59, There were actually a few things that could have been improved at this point (I'm just going to mention the main one for now). Your target was full hp, full buffed, and even wog (30% dmg reduction).. probably should have done a little more set up before blowing the sutra spark combo. Let's just pretend for the sake of argument that he had exactly 20k hp and a sparked d.pyro hits him for exactly 15k when he has ep buffs. If this were the case, with wog.. you'd hit him for 10500 non crit, which means you'd need a crit to bypass him on the first hit, or rely on him not reacting to kill him with follow up hits. Now instead, think what would have happened if you held off a few seconds and instead just used pyro/gush until he was near half hp, and then after wog ended.. then used your sutra spark combo. If he was under 75% hp and you hit him with a sparked hit.. it would be an automatic bypass on the first hit. The sutra spark combo is probably the most effective/deadly combo we have, but we can only use it about once a minute.. so you need to make it count. There is also an additional benefit to holding off a moment against noobs.. most people I come across will blow all of their useful stuff right off the bat (just from being near them and having them targetted while poking them), so just holding off a few seconds while poking them to near half hp will give them time to be stupid and use domain/apoth/long cd control skills etc, so when you actually do use the combo they are totally defenseless. Obviously this perk doesn't exist if the people you are fighting are good, but from watching your videos and experience on my server.. this can be valuable against the vast majority of opponents you come across.
    @1:07 you use IG and stun yourself.. sutra power/pan gu would have made a lot more sense. You are setting yourself up for instant death after immune runs out if you are stuck in place for 12 seconds unable to do anything. At the very least with sutra power/pan gu you could move out of range of the bm.. and probably would have forced the ea to kite which would have meant you'd have lived through that situation.

@1:50 another wasted fow
    @2:05 another un-setup sutra combo
    @2:11 another wasted fow
    @2:17 an un-setup BT on a single target

@5:46 another wasted fow
    @6:36 another wasted fow
    @6:50 blinding blaze makes no sense.. you just wasted a spark on something that is going to be purified in no time at all.

@7:22 can clearly see you are not using autopot.. this is one of the easiest/cheapest ways to increase your survival by a noticeable amount in the game. It boggles my mind that you can have the gear you have and are not taking advantage of auto pot..
    @7:37 another wasted fow
    @7:50 another wasted fow

Some other things that you should be doing is using elemental shell.. mainly for the chi but it can also be used to help defend against incoming elemental damage that is not wood. I think you could also benefit from setting up remapped hotkeys (and using them rather than clicking everything), but I'm not sure how willing you are to change what you're used to. I saw your video against the bm, but I don't have time to write a post about it right now.. I'll try to get to it later tonight or tomorrow.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    @Adroit, I was not having autopot activated, not mdef/pdef reduction charms. I initially did not consider them necessary.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    @Adroit, I was not having autopot activated, not mdef/pdef reduction charms. I initially did not consider them necessary.

• mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    http://pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d
    more or less what i had on that fight cept all the values for some reason are a lil off b:sad
    like my p attack without barb buff is actually 19,8-29,8 and not what the calc says .. also even tho i added the buffs i had in there my def marrowd is closer to 25k with those buffs.
    Str pure r9rr axe only sage bm b:bye

thx :),

for SpellCaster : why u not abusing ur demon Emberstorm?
    3 stun (AOE posibility as well) is good especially when combining all CC skills..
    and it gives you 20 chi, which is good for wiz, every 15 sec.
  • PooEA - Lost City
    PooEA - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Unrelated (but important!) sorry

Adroit have you or do you have plans to 1v1 Mooooooooo?

I'm subbed to many youtube channels and I think aside from the expected upcoming match between zsw vs Aeliah this is the most hyped fight currently! I am a big fan of both you and cheze and would love to see this!

PS. Ma personal fav vid of yours is the one vs Reck cus I main an archer. ^.^
    PPS. Your only TW vid is from back when you didn't have r9 and your current genie, do you plan on uploading a TW vid in your current gear/skill? I'd get wet dreams.

Ty for replies! b:thanks
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Unrelated (but important!) sorry

Adroit have you or do you have plans to 1v1 Mooooooooo?

I'm subbed to many youtube channels and I think aside from the expected upcoming match between zsw vs Aeliah this is the most hyped fight currently! I am a big fan of both you and cheze and would love to see this!

PS. Ma personal fav vid of yours is the one vs Reck cus I main an archer. ^.^
    PPS. Your only TW vid is from back when you didn't have r9 and your current genie, do you plan on uploading a TW vid in your current gear/skill? I'd get wet dreams.

Ty for replies! b:thanks

Cheze actually logged on mooo a few days ago and we 1v1d a few times, but he hasn't played in a long time.. so I don't think it really counts. The score was 3-0, but I suspect it'd be a lot closer if he gets back into the game again. TW vid would be a little difficult, we have been crystal walking 95% of TWs in the past months.. and the ones that aren't crystal walks are like 60v20.. which isn't much of a fight obviously. If the other guilds on server figure out how to work together (merge into one faction or just triple attack), maybe there'd be some TW.. but I really don't have anything worth recording atm :/
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    what cheze is coming back? maybe i'll log just to 1v1 him, such a humble guy. I'm still 2-0 against him on equally geared mage fights. maybe i'll take a break from dota 2 just to 1v1 him, no point logging onto PWI just to fight sidekicks.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just a thought but... for goodness sakes, fix Adroit's name in your opening post, lol. Unless he's a serious Star Wars fan, in which case make it bold.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg