Light armor seekers

2»

Comments

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ^

Honestly though, AA isn't weak, it's just weak pdef. The only classes worth considering it for are cleric, mystic, wizard, veno, and psy. The first three have direct pdef boosts, veno has foxform, speed, and can spec reasonably for HA, and psy has white voodoo instead.

Above all else though, AA and HA both have one major advantage. They have a major strength, and ONE low end to fill. Much easier to handle reliably, much easier to fill the gap with apoth and/or ornaments when necessary, or just to adjust strategy to minimize when that's necessary. LA is mediocre on both ends, usually using phys ornaments due to interval to fill one of two gaps.

It's common knowledge LA just isn't preferred for survival. Doesn't mean the two LA classes are bad, but they're not survivors, and using that armor on other classes just ends up lending the same problem.

That is the nature of la or mid grade gear and you will find that in any rpg. It is a balance of both pdef and mdef any other way would negate the reason for the gear in the first place.

this is what my seeker will be like when i am finished. All i need to get is the sword and chest the rest is from my barb and sin. I traded out the la hat and int lunar cape for my barbs set for better defenses. Most of the refines at this moment are mostly 7-10, with the hat and cape at 6 and 5. By the time I level the seeker, i will have the other gear refined to 10 and sharded.

Not bad for a seeker with half of its gear la. The main loss if i just used the lunar cape and la hat is the hp bonus and a bit more vit and str. I do not have a ha chest, my barb is r8r so I decided to use the ha g16 niv chest to add some more hp and pdef. The sword I just threw in there, I have no idea which I will use, I have not looked that much in to it. I may just do the warsoul weapon. I am farming nw for one, just never decided which toon to do it on psy, seeker or barb. With the amount of vit and hp this toon will have I could very well switch out some of those stones for mag def ones to balance out my m/p def more

This is with full buffs all sage or level 10

http://pwcalc.com/994ddc5bc02715e6
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is with full buffs all sage or level 10

http://pwcalc.com/994ddc5bc02715e6

Its not bad really. Your attack and Def level bonuses come out around what a full G16 nirvy seeker would be at. pdef and mdef bonuses from the vit stones are a nice bonus, though I will say you're lacking in pdef there still. True you have higher HP, but if you're vortexing in a group of mobs (delta, lunar, pv) you'll probably want to swap out for more pdef so you take smaller hits and heal better from BP.

http://pwcalc.com/b423dba152200a84
    Is how my seeker looks currently (defenses and hp are higher from meridian bonuses though). Still need to work on HP refines (don't have as much as your planned build) and a cube neck + higher refines on those, to boost my mdef.

Have you considered getting some Signs of Frost: Chaos or Sky Cover refined up, in order to boost your pdef?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes I have thought about other orn's and as it stands the coa's are not refined,, so i have alot of leeway on those. i have them just never bothered refining them yet.

I know this is not all la gear, but using gear I already have for not really to bad of a pdef loss and just needing to get 2 pieces of armor for what seems to be a pretty solid build is a win in my book. It will be a while before i get the gear to where i need it, as i am still working on my sins gear and barbs refines. maybe next year i will have it done

b:victory
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i personally wouldnt go LA, mostly because you cant really upgrade past awakened gear, even if you get the money to. I would rather stick with HA and have my future gear improvement open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan