rez buff question

Options
Christona - Raging Tide
Christona - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Mystic
IAs i was doing my sage culti, i rezed buffed my squad one by one and i was thinking of how nice it would ve to have aoe rez buff... heres my question: does the mass aoe rez buff give sage/demon bonus? Say i have sage re buff.. will the mass aoe rez buff save 95% exp?
Post edited by Christona - Raging Tide on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Christona - Raging Tide
    Christona - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    My computer when i looked last night, didnt load properly. It had undetermined % of exp saved. Stupids piece of junk
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Aoe res buff saves 95% exp and reses ppl with 50% hp. Whether you have sage/demon single res or not doesn't influence that at all.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    One more reason to go demon <_< >_>
    Aoe res buff renders sage res useless.
  • tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options

Is this seriously a factor to you?
  • zeroxwingx
    zeroxwingx Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    that aoe ress buff you are referring to takes quite some time to get, especially if you want invigorate first. also, you can only start farming morai at 95, and people will need ress buff between 89 and 98, assuming you are quick and get it by 98. Also, that aoe ress buff has a 15min cooldown. If people really want to save exp, there are guardian scrolls, but that route is much more expensive than the 3k mp per ress buff.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sage/Demon Rez is a level 99 skill. So your point is only valid for one level, and that's if you can even manage to get your culti done with the new Seat/Abba.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited July 2013
    Options

Never understood why ppl thought that. Aoe res buff has 15 mins cd. If you're rly serious about that pr0 95% exp you'd want sage too. Sage res isn't itself a big deal but u can't say the aoe res makes it useless.
    zeroxwingx wrote: »
    and people will need ress buff between 89 and 98

wut? what's wrong with before and after?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    As people said there's a cd of 15 minutes on it, so if there's people that die during the cd of the AOE ress you will need to solo ress.

I'm sage and use my solo ress all the time, I don't use it less than before I got my mass ress. I do a lot of solo stuff so my sage ress is useful cause I don't need to waste my mass ress cd for solo stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • zeroxwingx
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Never understood why ppl thought that. Aoe res buff has 15 mins cd. If you're rly serious about that pr0 95% exp you'd want sage too. Sage res isn't itself a big deal but u can't say the aoe res makes it useless.

wut? what's wrong with before and after?

before 89 this is a none issue. as for after, please reread what I wrote, not just fragments. just to be clear, I mean lvl 11 ress buff.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    zeroxwingx wrote: »
    that aoe ress buff you are referring to takes quite some time to get, especially if you want invigorate first. also, you can only start farming morai at 95, and people will need ress buff between 89 and 98, assuming you are quick and get it by 98. Also, that aoe ress buff has a 15min cooldown. If people really want to save exp, there are guardian scrolls, but that route is much more expensive than the 3k mp per ress buff.

Mass ress cannot be learn at lvl98 ijs... you can get the book at lvl95+, but you need to be lvl 100+ to learn it.

Ress sage/demon can be learn at lvl99+.

So yes I don't see either the point of between lvl 89 and 99...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• zeroxwingx
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Mass ress cannot be learn at lvl98 ijs... you can get the book at lvl95+, but you need to be lvl 100+ to learn it.

Ress sage/demon can be learn at lvl99+.

So yes I don't see either the point of between lvl 89 and 99...

I stand corrected. But I'm sure you know what I mean out of context. 89 is demon/sage culti choice. Being 99+ to learn the skill makes my comment moot, however.
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I never thought of it as a factor to chose between demon/sage but when we got those new skills it was a plus for demon... Can't say the same for sage :P
  • tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I never thought of it as a factor to chose between demon/sage but when we got those new skills it was a plus for demon... Can't say the same for sage :P

You'd prefer to res buff 10-12 person squads one by one?
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Prior to TW I buff all barbs and clerics in my faction with demon rez. Takes a while but it makes a big difference when a cata barb who dies can stand back up with full hp (without using up his charm cooldown) and pick up his cata again.

Mass rez is for "okay squad wiped, group up, buff, get going again quickly".
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Prior to TW I buff all barbs and clerics in my faction with demon rez. Takes a while but it makes a big difference when a cata barb who dies can stand back up with full hp (without using up his charm cooldown) and pick up his cata again.

^^ I do the same thing.... The Barbs with 40k+ HP Think Demon Res buff is super op :P and some have even created a demon mystic.
    tweakz wrote: »
    You'd prefer to res buff 10-12 person squads one by one?

When did i ever say this? And wtf 12 people squads? Don't know if your playing the same game as me.
    edited July 2013
    Options

Sage can do the same thing, I was the only mystic in my faction so for TW I was using mass ress on my squad and ress other with ress...

The Charm tick can be avoid if people are smart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well sure you can do that with sage as well. But coming back at 50% hp is a huge difference compared to 100% hp. One sneeze from an enemy and your charm is ticked again.

Or in the case of your charm already being on cooldown from being in the situation that led to your death in the first place, the enemy isn't 50% closer to killing you a second time.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    People are happy to have ress buff demon or sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I find sage res useful during the extra exp saved. You can regain your hp quick but to gain lost exp can be slower in my opinion.
    Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
    Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
    And a lot of alts...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I don't think mass resurrection renders Sage one useless or gives Demon some big advantage. It has such a long cooldown and anything can happen within that time frame that will require re-buffing.

I can see how Demon one has an advantage in PvP but regardless of Demon/Sage, res buff is better than no res buff.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well sure you can do that with sage as well. But coming back at 50% hp is a huge difference compared to 100% hp. One sneeze from an enemy and your charm is ticked again.

Or in the case of your charm already being on cooldown from being in the situation that led to your death in the first place, the enemy isn't 50% closer to killing you a second time.

Especially with the prevalence of Deity Stones, debuffs and more R93rd cast playes alot of my cata barbs love my demon Res buff. Needless to say my enemies dont b:chuckle

Of course...you all sages can buff my barbs too but they even up flopping over after barely getting up...b:shutup
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Especially with the prevalence of Deity Stones, debuffs and more R93rd cast playes alot of my cata barbs love my demon Res buff. Needless to say my enemies dont b:chuckle

Of course...you all sages can buff my barbs too but they even up flopping over after barely getting up...b:shutup

Don't you guys use clerics in cata squads?

If a barb die with a cleric healing that mean he take too much damage so demon or sage ress won't change anything the barb will go down as fast as before he died and even faster since he will have lost his buffs and if there's a cleric around than cleric revive lvl 11 is better than demon ress since it revive with 100% HP and MP.

If the barb die without cleric around that mean he will ress with no buff so again sage or demon ress a barb without heals and buffs won't last a long time and will die fast anyway.

Anyway if the cleric is good than the second the barb ress the cleric should spam heal on him and buff him to keep him alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xaner - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    And what if the barb can ig once he gets up with full hp (says he got 40k hp) he gets up with 40k hp takes 25k damage charm ticks (instead of ticking in just 1 damage) he connects to cata and use IG and that gives him enough time for him to have another charm tick :D Just saying but when on a crystal every second a barb can stay on it counts.
    -And sorry but cleric revive doesn't give full hp/mp :\
    edited July 2013
    Options
    And what if the barb can ig once he gets up with full hp (says he got 40k hp) he gets up with 40k hp takes 25k damage charm ticks (instead of ticking in just 1 damage) he connects to cata and use IG and that gives him enough time for him to have another charm tick :D Just saying but when on a crystal every second a barb can stay on it counts.
    -And sorry but cleric revive doesn't give full hp/mp :\

Ok let's say you are a barb, you are on the crystal, you have buffs and you are about to die, you won't use IG? You will wait to die, ress and use it? While you don't have buffs? GG. A barb buffed will stand longer than a unbuffed barb, so the barb is better to use it before he die the first time while he have buffs and better survivability than use it when he ress without any buffs. The IG will be more useful before he die than after...

And about revive my bad I wasn't in game and check on Ecatomb cause wasn't sure and the info on Ecatomb is wrong about it cause it says 100% HP and MP. http://pwi.ecatomb.net/skill.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xaner - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Idk i have had barb use ig for going into base and getting attention then using invoke after ig and after everyone get into base.... if everyone dies in base and cooldown is almost done and after he res up and a few charm ticks he is back to using ig then invoke again :D Just past Tw experiences... But i never meant to say sage res is useless i just find that i have sage res wherever i go now XD And that fact is i pretty much do XD
  • montysil0
    montysil0 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    demon rez is pvp skill really, for barbs/high hp chars who dont wanna tick charm, but tbh, exp loss on demon isnt that bad unless you're 104
    edited July 2013
    Options
    montysil0 wrote: »
    demon rez is pvp skill really, for barbs/high hp chars who dont wanna tick charm, but tbh, exp loss on demon isnt that bad unless you're 104

I'm sage and my ress don't tick my charm.

I personally have goal to lvl to 105, I'm currently 103 and not that I die a lot, but I'm glad to be able to save 95% beside 88%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    rez balls are useful, and demon balls are more useful in pvp- but idk why you guys are arguing-

A cat barb will most likely be purged several times before coming to its final resting place. If i'm in a cat squad or cat support and barbs are under heavy fire- im either gonna be spike healing or crowd controlling, instead of wasting time dropping balls on a cat that will most likely be purged in 3 sec anyway. The clerics also have priority on the balls so putting it into cooldown is risky.

Same thing kind of applies to myself in nw- An endgame toon of any class will less likely be taken out without a purge bow or dirty veno or the ever prevalent gank. If i'm purged, im not dropping balls in place of heals or control skills or dd. If i'm purged whatever version of rez balls i had are irrelevant. If i was ganked i don't want to respawn in the middle of people capable of ganking me (even with the 10 sec immunity)

If this discussion is directed at squishy mystics whos only capability is to spam balls, then yea, sure, use rez balls as you see fit- rub your balls all over every1
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This thread was about demon/sage res in relation to the aoe res. Not demon res vs sage res. On the subject of res on a cata barb..
    klys wrote: »
    A cat barb will most likely be purged several times before coming to its final resting place. If i'm in a cat squad or cat support and barbs are under heavy fire- im either gonna be spike healing or crowd controlling, instead of wasting time dropping balls on a cat that will most likely be purged in 3 sec anyway. The clerics also have priority on the balls so putting it into cooldown is risky.

^ +1. I've never had cata barbs use my res buff because they only die after being purged. Idk what barbs you guys have that die full buffed.