[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 6-26-2013

Options
v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

We've got server maintenance tonight with an estimated downtime of 11pm PDT to 1am PDT.

We're expecting a number of bug fixes, including Territory Wars time slots and the Auction House items!

This week's question:

Which new Nation War battlefield is your favorite: the Crystal Contest or Bridge Battle?

Thanks!

- The PWI Team
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    PWI Patch Notes v719 - Released May 22nd, 2013

Localization
    - Minor edit to Mystical Pill Pack tooltip to reduce it's size

Bug Fixes
    - The correct Territory War time slots have been restored!
    - The Auction House no longer has problems auctioning a wide range of items!
    - Fixed a crash bug in Buried Bones near Cromagnon Village!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    1st post!

i dun do nation wars,

im not bout that life
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • LiaArrow - Raging Tide
    LiaArrow - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Bridge Baaaaaaaaattle ftw :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

♥ V i c i o u s ♥
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 729-731 13.7MB (14365427 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    v4liance wrote: »
    Which new Nation War battlefield is your favorite: the Crystal Contest or Bridge Battle?
    Japan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Japan.

Nihon~!

Wha, just TW and AH things are specified specifically? >: Vally!
    Also I haven't done NW since the map was tiny~ 'x3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Bridge Baaaaaaaaattle ftw :D

Nice sig~
    OT - I havent participated in NW since the change...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • maxaxax
    maxaxax Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    please fix the venomancer instance. so we can attack the guards with ctrl and clicking without being in pk mode
  • SeaI - Sanctuary
    SeaI - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

This week's question:

Bridge Battle -
    the fighting in that map is pretty intense with it being a smaller map, so u can jump right into the battle very quickly.

The Crystal Contest -
    Am not a big fan of this one, its way too huge of a map, you either get on ur ground mount or u pop some speed skills / pots to try to get into the fight
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I was hoping for the new flyers n fash to maybe be added in the CS, but i guess not :( I really wanted the roflcopter for my seeker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I was hoping for the new flyers n fash to maybe be added in the CS, but i guess not :( I really wanted the roflcopter for my seeker.
    snake pack, just like everything else, all NEW items are in a mix with the standard pack items

as far as my favorite NW map, crystal contest. why? bought players have no advantage there
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    crystal contest.

Bridge is annoying :s constant sleep ng
  • BeauVivi - Archosaur
    BeauVivi - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Bridge Battle <3

Close, intense and one of my favorite... Once your team gets a good footing on the bridge, it's not hard to push the others away from the towers.
    101 Sage Mystic (Main)BeauVivi -Leader of Dark_Aura
    101 Demon Sin- Blue_Vivi
    96 Demon Cleric- /Isis\
    92 Sage Seeker- Dark_Isis
    7x Archer- Blue__Beauty

I miss those times...
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Bridge battle is all fun and games until the tower with the -channeling debuff starts spamming. This essentially renders all casters useless till its down. Also the battle takes too long even if there aren't any enemies on other side.

Crystal battle, map is so large, and if you don't enter right away as it gets attacked, almost no hope of winning really. Not like the strategy of the flag wars where you can enter late and still halt the progress and start turning it around. Not really possible to do that with bridge battles. This gives enormous advantage to the attacker of a new land... and the fighting is less interesting when everybody spread out.

I'll answer with the third one: cap the flag is still my favorite. The two new ones are a nice changeup, but neither is good enough to be a favorite.

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • slayervenom79
    slayervenom79 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Crystal Contest
  • Trump - Raging Tide
    Trump - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    xtal thing. like the fact its a big map
    more questions asked-more ppl helping to solve-better community-better support...b:bye
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Crystal contest, cause u have to take a crystal and defend it!! capture the flag...done it too many times. Bridge battle sucks for close range classes; its worth the least amount of map credits...
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Foxyz - Raging Tide
    Foxyz - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    my favorite is capture the flag, it's funny to see pleople runing after me wen i get the flag

but betwen bridge and cristal. i stay with cristal
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    {Crystal field} is my fave of the 2-fields....b:thanks

Now if only you'd asked us which of the 2-Maps are our favorites {And posted a Poll for it}...

"Then we could see who truly likes which map more, so either the QQ'rs or the other PEEPs like me (who liked the new-1 more then the old-1) so that we could see which of those were in the Majority, so that they could get the map they actually wanted...b:chuckle...Then you (May /or/ May not) need to decide to change it back to which ever version was most popular so that we can actually see which way it should go by a majority vote rather then by QQ'ity of the possible few whiners profit losses who spawn kill their ways to glory and ruin it for most the others {which 1's may win out} ( a map for the masses / or a map where a few may re-ruin NW over the hopes of the majority of others) Either way it would be settled openly by majority vote there V4l...)"

As it sits though, the newer map may still entice other players who quit on the smaller-1 (being its unfair odds to their chances & gears) back to the NW grid, if ya advertized its advantages over the old-1 for lesser equipped players, so it'd be a sad thing to do to nix it prematurely B4 anyone who quit NW prior to the new map came out (Because of the Spawn kill/Lockfest map) where they had nothing to do but be SPkd by many of the same QQ'rs who're now whining about the big map messing with their chosen flow {PWi}~So in the end V4l what {PWi} really needs to figure out is what may help make the masses more happy here "I'll be with ya either way if it proves the old map really was more popular by all, but it should be found out openly and for real which is the more popular map truly by an unsung majority vote of the players (And yes I still understand that its a map originally purposed for Server vs. Server wars (But you've already said that you've got no idea if & when we'll ever get them here & if the server populations keep thinning out you'll only end up having to merge the servers anyways, so the map may never see its original use (except as a NW map for merged server populaces in the end) so It'll in the likelyhood only end up being our NW map again anyways....)b:laugh
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well I didnt have any bridge battles in the last nation war i did, but i can say its my favorite of the two because i hate the crystal contest. With the huge map size and the number of participants going down in nation wars, the crystal contest map is too huge for any real fun, and i hated everytime my partner told me to go into one of them. She was a demon veno so it was easy for her to rush around and actually kill people, but those maps are too big to have fun in a small battle, and there are very few large battles going on anymore.
    I hate to say this, but being based locked was almost more fun because i could go afk x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ray - Morai
    Ray - Morai Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Bridge battle for sure, cause I can hit r9.3 fully buffed +12 full josd wizzards for 63k with the tower debuff b:victory
    youtube.com/user/RayPWI/videos
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Crystal Contest for sure it's fun all the way !
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PvE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    bridge was great
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • NW_Shinoby - Dreamweaver
    NW_Shinoby - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This week's question:

Which new Nation War battlefield is your favorite: the Crystal Contest or Bridge Battle?[/COLOR
    Crystal Contest the other one is annoing as hell towers freeze u all the time and u become easy pk victim
  • OpSy - Harshlands
    OpSy - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    this map is supposed to be for a server vs server nw, most of fights are empty when each nation have like 200 ppl in.

would be nice if you can reduce the map size.

both ar fun, but not when its empty ;(
  • WhipperSnapp - Heavens Tear
    WhipperSnapp - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hey everyone,

We've got server maintenance tonight with an estimated downtime of 11pm PDT to 1am PDT.

We're expecting a number of bug fixes, including Territory Wars time slots and the Auction House items!

This week's question:

Thanks!

- The PWI Team
    I like the Crystal Contest, though, I admit that I only landed in a Bridge map once and that was at the very end of the battle.
  • XCoMaKon - Harshlands
    XCoMaKon - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    people still play NW?? b:chuckle
  • UNGODLY - Harshlands
    UNGODLY - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    they both have there pros and cons but i like the crystal one
This discussion has been closed.