New Pet instance discussion

Comments

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It would still not match a Giant I believe due to the defence/HP/defence level inherit stats but it would definitely be very very tanky and if you can afford it then go for it. I remember there were quite a few Venomancers running around with Strong/Protect on their Phoenixes o.o

Well it's the much, much cheaper alternative to what I really want, but can't afford- a harpy lol (I do know each has a completely different role).
    Bless buff should help with the hp, and nix does have more mag resist already, no to mention better attack than the giant ... oh well, we'll see, not rushing into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ok Been gone a wile what is this pet instance and how do I get to it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ok Been gone a wile what is this pet instance and how do I get to it?

Here.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited August 2013
    I got claw today woot-woot! And it was a particularly crappy run too, only 760 points, but I got it! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Thank you and Boo too low lvl for any of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    I got claw today woot-woot! And it was a particularly crappy run too, only 760 points, but I got it! b:victory

Grats! f:victory
    I'm still hoping for a Bless but I can't complain xD I got my Squirrel.

Thank you and Boo too low lvl for any of that.
    I should have warned you but I was hoping your avatar was displaying the wrong level x.x
    edited August 2013
    Grats! f:victory
    I'm still hoping for a Bless but I can't complain xD I got my Squirrel.

Thank you! Still debating if I should keep it or sell it to put in the ''legendary pet fund'' .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Today, for the second time, Lyceaum has given me Bewitch Squirrel~ Bless would be better though D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    That's quite some luck though O.o that skill is supposedly pretty damn rare and you got it twice!
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's quite some luck though O.o that skill is supposedly pretty damn rare and you got it twice!

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/37928
    That's an accurate view of the "drop rate" on the quest reward. I could go for some of that luck... 1.0348% chance is pretty low indeed.
    edited September 2013
    Grats!
    Maybe try to wc it for a trade with bless? Although I'm not sure how much it'll be worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    It's rare. Rare = valuable. Even when that's completely irrational.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's rare. Rare = valuable. Even when that's completely irrational.
    Depends. Not many ppl would pay a lot for pure decoratory skill, maybe a bit more than for bewitch-tiger.
    I keep getting perfect score and still no luck in this lottery b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I think only a handful of Venomancers actually care about getting that skill.
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I didn't even try to sell it. I gave it to my friend who was pretty excited c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I didn't even try to sell it. I gave it to my friend who was pretty excited c:

;~~~~~; I love you so much <3

And yes I am pretty damn excited! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    I got my Bewitch (Tiger) for 750k. Squirrel I've seen offers at 20m, sales may be a bit over that. Some people will pay more simply because Tiger is much easier to obtain.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    I got Bewitch (Tiger) for free from someone and I've given away like 5 of those, still have two of them laying around in some alt's bank f:faint
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    I got my Bewitch (Tiger) for 750k. Squirrel I've seen offers at 20m, sales may be a bit over that. Some people will pay more simply because Tiger is much easier to obtain.
    Extraordinary overpriced f:faint You can hardly see it in pvp behind all those skills casting, once a minute, 6 sec, casted on enemies only LOL What's the point? f:stare
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    edited September 2013
    Extraordinary overpriced f:faint You can hardly see it in pvp behind all those skills casting, once a minute, 6 sec, casted on enemies only LOL What's the point? f:stare

Probably why the wayfarer headdress sells for 40 mil , to have something pretty and rare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Probably why the wayfarer headdress sells for 40 mil , to have something pretty and rare.
    That's the point, i underlined, fashion you see all the time at least, bewitch effect you hardly see even when you use it =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    People just like rare stuff, period.
    I'm one of them myself, but I prefer acquiring/achieving it myself than just getting it from other people xD
    Well, fashion is a little different since I don't buy packs so I had to get the pack fashion off someone else. Most of my pack fashion was a gift though :o
    edited September 2013
    Soooo today I felt adventurous and I waned to see how much does gear influence the new instance's success.
    I used this gear, just for fun, thinking I'll probably get a few waves right, yet I ended up getting my highest score ever -956 points b:shocked .
    Gear clarifications - lvl 60 rep chest -3% chan, pwi teached attack blessing (+8 att lvls), oht belt -3%, neck -6% and ring -3%, lvl 83 2* ring -3%, and the dragon's willl lvl 60 mold wand I grabbed from the Divine npc before the run. In total, I ha -18% chan and 8 att lvl .
    The run went great, I managed to kill the dinosaur for the first time ever as well, but I missed a cactus and a fox, plus a wave of kowlins. I had 8 guards up, I had more contribution to activate the others but I hadn't the time.
    Conclusion : the instance can be done with sub-sub-sub par gear, it largely depends on one getting accustomed to the instance and it depends how many times one has to change the guards and the number of foxes. In this run, I had an insane number of foxes, yet I didn't have to change the guard much at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    That's pretty neat Deffy!
    It further proves that the instance is not gear dependent which is really nice. They did a good job on that so that all the Venomancers can do it regardless of gear. Now, just the PK thing needs to be fixed.
    Overall, I think -channeling gear actually benefits you because it allows you to switch guard modes faster (channeling skills faster).

Also...your PC was overheating O.O
    edited September 2013
    That's pretty neat Deffy!
    It further proves that the instance is not gear dependent which is really nice. They did a good job on that so that all the Venomancers can do it regardless of gear. Now, just the PK thing needs to be fixed.
    Overall, I think -channeling gear actually benefits you because it allows you to switch guard modes faster (channeling skills faster).

Also...your PC was overheating O.O

Haha, yes it was, but I set the heat sensitivity to low and it goes off often.
    And yes, -chan really helps. I chose those cheap ornaments that are available easily to anyone, really. I could have popped something better, or throw in a base -chan buff, but not everyone has access to that, so I got the cheap stuff.
    One other thing I discovered: you can do the Warsong pk glitch in the lycaeum as well. You have to move really, really,really fast to go to character screen and then return in game, and you have to re-enter the instance, but it works. You just have to pray the 2nd wave hadn't appeared yet while you were switching lol .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Haha, yes it was, but I set the heat sensitivity to low and it goes off often.
    And yes, -chan really helps. I chose those cheap ornaments that are available easily to anyone, really. I could have popped something better, or throw in a base -chan buff, but not everyone has access to that, so I got the cheap stuff.
    One other thing I discovered: you can do the Warsong pk glitch in the lycaeum as well. You have to move really, really,really fast to go to character screen and then return in game, and you have to re-enter the instance, but it works. You just have to pray the 2nd wave hadn't appeared yet while you were switching lol .

Thanks neat o_o good to know. I'll try it out next time I decide to switch PK off (probably when I run out of GS b:chuckle).
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    I pull 950+ or 1000 runs every time with only 6% -chan, because I'm too lazy to get more right now. I could use more -chan, but the only gear dependent aspect of it seems to be the tortoises. Hate those things.
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Just wanted to put my take on the cactus mob in here. Dunno if anyone else does it this way. I start from the end, which actually gives me time to soul degen the cactus. For the first half of Lyceaum, I wait to debuff him until after I activate the guard for the mobs that come after the cactus.

So, how I do it is Cactus spawns, ignore it, wait for wave of mobs, change puffbird if needed, check the mobs, change the guard (starting from the end) if needed, find cactus and Soul Degen.

About after the 6th or 7th wave, then I start to soul degen it right near the puff bird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mingling
    mingling Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I had no problems yesterday activated the cave, however today the one npc did not show up that trades stars in and I cant seem to activated any of the guards, in the past one could target on the invisible npc in front of the guards to get it rolling, however today that doesnt seem to be possible. Is anyone else having any issues with this? if not, can you let me know how u got it started. Thanks.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    mingling wrote: »
    I had no problems yesterday activated the cave, however today the one npc did not show up that trades stars in and I cant seem to activated any of the guards, in the past one could target on the invisible npc in front of the guards to get it rolling, however today that doesnt seem to be possible. Is anyone else having any issues with this? if not, can you let me know how u got it started. Thanks.

Yeah, we've reported it :/