+2 atk gems

BoomBastic - Lothranis
BoomBastic - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Blademaster
So.. yeah.. its here.. What to me seems the total humiliation and last nail in the coffin for the BM class.. +2 atk gems..
Idk about the rest of you, but i already take massive dmg from full DoT archers/psy/wiz/seeker/sins.. yeah only one I"m not rly afraid of would be a full DoT bm b:chuckle

I have full vit shards.. So that's not going to help me much at all.. I need to re-shard full JoSD, and even then.. the +2 atk lvl's will hurt my sexy bald head a lot..

And going full +2 atk lvl's on a BM.. idk.. might work (but i doubt it).. but that would pretty much force me to get full +12 before even peeking my head outside SZ.. and even then, i would have to pretty much SF rush, IG / AD then SZ kite back b:surrender

I rly never had much problems with any of the updates until now..

What do the rest of you think about this update?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by BoomBastic - Lothranis on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So.. yeah.. its here.. What to me seems the total humiliation and last nail in the coffin for the BM class.. +2 atk gems..
    Idk about the rest of you, but i already take massive dmg from full DoT archers/psy/wiz/seeker/sins.. yeah only one I"m not rly afraid of would be a full DoT bm b:chuckle

I have full vit shards.. So that's not going to help me much at all.. I need to re-shard full JoSD, and even then.. the +2 atk lvl's will hurt my sexy bald head a lot..

And going full +2 atk lvl's on a BM.. idk.. might work (but i doubt it).. but that would pretty much force me to get full +12 before even peeking my head outside SZ.. and even then, i would have to pretty much SF rush, IG / AD then SZ kite back b:surrender

I rly never had much problems with any of the updates until now..

What do the rest of you think about this update?

Full DoT on a 130 attack level char = 154 max attack levels now, full +2 on that same char = 178 max, OMFG 15% more damage WERE ALL DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

Anything sharding +2 attack gems is going to be squishy as hell and BM's work best by focusing raw def and mag def stats anyways.

If anything this primarily hoses seekers since they'll be taking almost 30% more damage.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • BoomBastic - Lothranis
    BoomBastic - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Full DoT on a 130 attack level char = 154 max attack levels now, full +2 on that same char = 178 max, OMFG 15% more damage WERE ALL DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

Anything sharding +2 attack gems is going to be squishy as hell and BM's work best by focusing raw def and mag def stats anyways.

If anything this primarily hoses seekers since they'll be taking almost 30% more damage.

So your saying that full DoT archers/psys dont hurt you RLY bad? what are you.. full +12 JoSD?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm neutral about it as long as +3 def shards don't come out.

I'm predicting JoSD prices will drop as more DD go for the +2 attack instead of JoSD, I'm fine with that because I'm just beginning to shard JoSD atm. Plus DDs will be squishier which I don't mind.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013

So your saying that full DoT archers/psys dont hurt you RLY bad? what are you.. full +12 JoSD?

I use this thing called math
  • BoomBastic - Morai
    BoomBastic - Morai Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I use this thing called math

Soo.. if a full DoT archer attacks you, you start doing maths? That's a new way of pk:ing b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Soo.. if a full DoT archer attacks you, you start doing maths? That's a new way of pk:ing b:laugh

i count slowly, slowly, slowly getting faster...
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well. I must say, I myself am not happy about the +2 attack lvl and +3 def lvl shards (if the +3 ones actually come out) Since it will be making the gap between people who can afford expensive gear (mainly CS'ers) and "other people" (the general population of PWI >.>) even larger, making it more and more about gear and less and less about skill.
    Which... is very sad. :/
    I know it is already like this, but it's just going to be increased 10 fold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    +3 def level shards would flat out end BM's lol
  • BoomBastic - Morai
    BoomBastic - Morai Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From what i hear, wont be any +3 def lvls.. Seems they tested it, and it did not get implemented in china.. But i guess they will bring out +20 vits now.. well they have to.. since +10 vit is pretty much useless vs +2 atk lvls...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    From what i hear, wont be any +3 def lvls.. Seems they tested it, and it did not get implemented in china.. But i guess they will bring out +20 vits now.. well they have to.. since +10 vit is pretty much useless vs +2 atk lvls...

No

5char
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Do the math, as long as you're not over 90% defense reduction in most cases adding to your own defense rather than reducing the opponents attack levels is more effective. What I mean is r9t3 offers huge base defenses that are nicely multiplied by our stats and vit gems. Meanwhile, defense levels first go towards reducing opponent attack levels and since everyone has about 115+ attack levels nowadays there's no way we're reducing those too much.

For my gear the tipping point where Vit stones became better than JoSD was when my opponents have around 75-90 attack levels. After that (which is everyone) vit works better. And in almost every caster case sapphires are more effective than JoSD but some of our biggest enemies have mixed damage anyways (seekers, archers, and the occasional wizzy/cleric skill to a lesser extent).

So I'm continuing on my path of 1 piece Sapphires, my aps gear JoSD/+2 DoT mix, and my R9t3 vit stones since it still seems the best. I like TheDan's point of view that hopefully JoSD's will drop in price, and a few classes will become more killable if they chose +2 atk over +2 Def.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do the math, as long as you're not over 90% defense reduction in most cases adding to your own defense rather than reducing the opponents attack levels is more effective. What I mean is r9t3 offers huge base defenses that are nicely multiplied by our stats and vit gems. Meanwhile, defense levels first go towards reducing opponent attack levels and since everyone has about 115+ attack levels nowadays there's no way we're reducing those too much.

For my gear the tipping point where Vit stones became better than JoSD was when my opponents have around 75-90 attack levels. After that (which is everyone) vit works better. And in almost every caster case sapphires are more effective than JoSD but some of our biggest enemies have mixed damage anyways (seekers, archers, and the occasional wizzy/cleric skill to a lesser extent).

So I'm continuing on my path of 1 piece Sapphires, my aps gear JoSD/+2 DoT mix, and my R9t3 vit stones since it still seems the best. I like TheDan's point of view that hopefully JoSD's will drop in price, and a few classes will become more killable if they chose +2 atk over +2 Def.

OK so it's better to have higher base p/m defense than it is to have defense levels. Now please, I am getting close to full endgame gear and am wondering what shards to put into my gear. Messing with the calc a bit the best I could come up with is 87% p/m def reduction with 60 defense lvls. That was with all vit stones, is that better than around 83% p/m def reduction and 110 defense levels? I'm just looking for a yes or no, no need to put any math with your explanation.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no need to put any math with your explanation.

I will oblige thee b:cute

What is better for you = I think this is what you are looking for, remember to take this into account, , don't forget what saku said about 90%

No math b:victory.

I am in a similar boat as you as well, but i'll wait around and see. For pve i am going +2 attack lvls on my aps set. PVP haven't decided.

89% doesn't mean much, the raw number 10k, 18k, 28k, would help more.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    A caveat to the above. Def stats over 90% are insanely hard to effectively debuff (around 92% marrowed even spark/undine is effectively useless) however when purged of even self buffs your insanely vulnerable.

To combat this, a cheap alternative to full JOSD is a R8R swap axe with +def level add and JOSD's socketed. 34 def levels vs 48 for the price of 3 gems tops.
    edited June 2013
    I will oblige thee b:cute

What is better for you = I think this is what you are looking for, remember to take this into account, , don't forget what saku said about 90%

No math b:victory.

I am in a similar boat as you as well, but i'll wait around and see. For pve i am going +2 attack lvls on my aps set. PVP haven't decided.

89% doesn't mean much, the raw number 10k, 18k, 28k, would help more.

*Mind Blown*b:surrender
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    OK so it's better to have higher base p/m defense than it is to have defense levels. Now please, I am getting close to full endgame gear and am wondering what shards to put into my gear. Messing with the calc a bit the best I could come up with is 87% p/m def reduction with 60 defense lvls. That was with all vit stones, is that better than around 83% p/m def reduction and 110 defense levels? I'm just looking for a yes or no, no need to put any math with your explanation.

Can't give you a 100% answer since I honestly dont fully understand how def levels work in PvE and for PvP it'd also depend on your opponents attack levels. Assuming they have around 110-130 (r9t3) you'd be cutting their attack 40-50% with your 110 def levels. Going from 83% to 87% is going from taking 17% damage to taking 13% damage which is a 23.5% reduction. So the def levels would be higher comparing 40% to 23.5, but if you're using vit stones you should also have gained an hp boost which wasn't figured in.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Can't give you a 100% answer since I honestly dont fully understand how def levels work in PvE and for PvP it'd also depend on your opponents attack levels.

Each def level reduces 1% of your current damage taken (not total damage but damage taken) so the limit of def levels where they pretty much stop reducing damage is around 85% however at around 50-60% you'll be feeling pretty heavy diminishing returns. For example a full JOSD R999 w omaly's = around a 60% pve damage reduction, full R999 psy in josd w omalys = around 75%

Assuming they have around 110-130 (r9t3) you'd be cutting their attack 40-50% with your 110 def level. Going from 83% to 87% is going from taking 17% damage to taking 13% damage which is a 23.5% reduction. So the def levels would be higher comparing 40% to 23.5, but if you're using vit stones you should also have gained an hp boost which wasn't figured in.

24 vit stones add in 5% 3960 hp after plate/neck. endgame armor has around 24k hp at +12, so 16.5% gain in hp. At +10 vit stones give 22.5% more hp.
    edited June 2013
    AAAAHHHHHH I said no math! But really I see where you guy's are going with this. At some point everything has diminishing returns so I guess it comes down to cost and what you are comfortable with. I have time so I'll sit back and see what happens after the update.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    AAAAHHHHHH I said no math! But really I see where you guy's are going with this. At some point everything has diminishing returns so I guess it comes down to cost and what you are comfortable with. I have time so I'll sit back and see what happens after the update.

...wut? I dont think anyone said anything like that.

Shard JOSD if you hate math. Its still the best mixed damage sharding fully buffed.

Personally I'm going saph gems but that only works because my playstyle is just bloody weird so I cant really recommend it.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ...wut? I dont think anyone said anything like that.

Shard JOSD if you hate math. Its still the best mixed damage sharding fully buffed.

Personally I'm going saph gems but that only works because my playstyle is just bloody weird so I cant really recommend it.

Yeah the white shiny armor is gonna have some red stains on it when we get bloody.

Not too worried about +2 Atk Gems. I mean, that's not gonna have my balls drop or anything. I die a lot already so b:chuckle
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Yeah the white shiny armor is gonna have some red stains on it when we get bloody.

Not too worried about +2 Atk Gems. I mean, that's not gonna have my balls drop or anything. I die a lot already so b:chuckle

Man this explains so much about you.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    AAAAHHHHHH I said no math! .

go play tetris f:hehe j/k
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    go play tetris f:hehe j/k

Geometry.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Geometry.

visual representation of geometry
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Man this explains so much about you.

Yeah, it gets in depth.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What has this thread turned into b:shocked balls and geometry b:shutup
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Actually, sadly, thats the normal direction almost every bm thread heads. And ponies.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Actually, sadly, thats the normal direction almost every bm thread heads. And ponies.

Blow the dust of your math books, let your balls drop, and zip up your pony suit.

Your in the BM forums now boy.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Blow the dust of your math books, let your balls drop, and zip up your pony suit.

Your in the BM forums now boy.

Blows the dust of my pony suit, zips up my balls, and lets my books drop. Think I'm smrt enuf for the sin forums?
  • Superfeng - Lost City
    Superfeng - Lost City Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like ponies!

Edit: They fixed my avatar woot!
    Superfeng - Level 101 Lost City Blademaster, retired.