The powerful and potent Meridian System

Options
PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
My speculations:

90% the new socketing mechanism (combine gems in sockets, +2 attack stones)
9% a debuff that lets you have multiple targets on a boss and/or player (boosting aoe dd dps)
1% new pvp mechanism to have some skill based targeting mechanic (tab F1 is weakened)

40%: a bit overrated
you only purge once #yopo
Post edited by PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    hmmmm....ill go for... a set of passive skills that makes ur char god-like (more) b:laugh

ps:....damn ponies i hate them......
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Dat Trixie.

I don't have much speculation, other than to wait until it does come out and make a video about it. Now I got to go and delete some old footage on my drive to make room for new content next week xD.
  • Charlyharper - Raging Tide
    Charlyharper - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    99.9% - is something u have to buy w gold to use it and is bound to the bones

nothing really surprices me ... i have look in chinese servers what is the new stuf and ..... ;P
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wrong Amulet, though b:laugh

I bet its just something small that adds additional Tome-like stats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wrong Amulet, though

^ pretty sure that's it. If you followed the thread made by Bubbles, apparently it's items you collect everyday from the Teacher NPC and they just up your attributes a little.

It's still pretty nice though.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ^ pretty sure that's it. If you followed the thread made by Bubbles, apparently it's items you collect everyday from the Teacher NPC and they just up your attributes a little.

IKR? People are lazy, I keep looking how they ask ad nauseam the same questions in Val's stickied thread, not bothering to see all their question, for the most part, had been answered already. That, or making moronic speculations with no sustainable reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

If it's from Attendance Orders, then hallelujah! xD I have over 730 of them on my sin, with 400 used for the Abyss Mount.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    If it's from Attendance Orders, then hallelujah! xD I have over 730 of them on my sin, with 400 used for the Abyss Mount.

Hmm..someone linked an item from the database on the rising call thread so I think it's a new item o.o but! we'll have to find out ourselves when the content update goes live I suppose.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »

that would be awesome. nirvy keys sounds good too XD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Tabbing target in pvp need to be taken out and actual mouse click target to be introduced back in it will save the qq
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'm hoping it's some of these:

1) A new pot that allows me to shoot stupid people in the butt so that their toon lets out a yelp.

2) New graphics that show the after-effects of an attack. Imagine being on a TW field and seeing enemies with arrows sticking out of them, all over their bodies.

3) Nuke-tipped arrows. Combine with #2 to see little mushroom clouds rising all over Pangu.

4)(Archer skill) Wingspan that I can project onto NPCs to clear away the mounts, flyers and people so that I can readily find the NPC without shifting and sweeping back-and-forth with my mouse.

5) A ten-second timer for those who park cat shops on-or next to NPCs. After the 10-seconds, the cat shop explodes and their wares are available to be picked up for free.

6) Cordons which box off a small area for 2 minutes while I try to finish a grind without having people jump in right beside me to kill the same mobs.

7) Assault on Archosaur in which the mobs actually assault the city, burning buildings, laying waste to cat shops and panicking those who didn't notice the announcement of the event. Our job would be to save the NPCs (exception: we help the Wraith carry Duke Black out of town.)

8) A Makeover-Somebody-Else-Whether-They-Want-It-Or-Not scroll

9) Booby traps

PWE please consider some of these improvements for the Meridian System. I'm sure they would be universally embraced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'm hoping it's some of these:

1) A new pot that allows me to shoot stupid people in the butt so that their toon lets out a yelp.

2) New graphics that show the after-effects of an attack. Imagine being on a TW field and seeing enemies with arrows sticking out of them, all over their bodies.

3) Nuke-tipped arrows. Combine with #2 to see little mushroom clouds rising all over Pangu.

4)(Archer skill) Wingspan that I can project onto NPCs to clear away the mounts, flyers and people so that I can readily find the NPC without shifting and sweeping back-and-forth with my mouse.

5) A ten-second timer for those who park cat shops on-or next to NPCs. After the 10-seconds, the cat shop explodes and their wares are available to be picked up for free.

6) Cordons which box off a small area for 2 minutes while I try to finish a grind without having people jump in right beside me to kill the same mobs.

7) Assault on Archosaur in which the mobs actually assault the city, burning buildings, laying waste to cat shops and panicking those who didn't notice the announcement of the event. Our job would be to save the NPCs (exception: we help the Wraith carry Duke Black out of town.)

8) A Makeover-Somebody-Else-Whether-They-Want-It-Or-Not scroll

9) Booby traps

PWE please consider some of these improvements for the Meridian System. I'm sure they would be universally embraced.

Now thats a thing to actually use cash shop

pwi should give out these items in boutique which giv u complete satisfaction for ur money XD
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wrong Amulet, though b:laugh

stats as small as the genie gear probably :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    stats as small as the genie gear probably :/

Still can make a nice difference if you are borderline dex to another crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • UtsuhoReiuji - Lost City
    UtsuhoReiuji - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Here is a japanese Video that might showcase the Meridian System. All I can see is the +HP stat and I asume the others are something like p/matk/def.

E/ Meh my chinese sucks.f:shame
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

There is only one online game I've played that had a system like that and it was called besieged(the system, not the game). It was where mobs from the outside physically invaded the nearby city. They could kill/capture the shop NPCs, teleporters, etc. If you were partying outside, you can actually see the hordes marching towards the city they gonna attack, and you could attack these as a deterrent.

Something like that in PWI would truly be EPIC, hell I think it would breathe new life into the game, if just for a little while.. I was disappointed to find out that it wasn't the case when Assault on Archosaur was introduced. It can be done I think, but they'd have to despawn the guards since they'd just 1 shot the mobs trying to get through.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Here is a chinese Video that might showcase the Meridian System. All I can see is the +HP stat and I asume the others are something like p/matk/def.
    thats japanese
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    new system allows for

HP buff, attack gains (magic and phys) and defenses

currently on the 9th level I have:
    54/9/0/15/22
    HP/physatk/magatk/physdef/magdef

it isn't significant change
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It never is significant when they add stuff that gives boosts to stats(that isn't gear based).

Honestly anything that could potentially conflict with the cashshop is not going to be significant ;p.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There is only one online game I've played that had a system like that and it was called besieged(the system, not the game). It was where mobs from the outside physically invaded the nearby city. They could kill/capture the shop NPCs, teleporters, etc. If you were partying outside, you can actually see the hordes marching towards the city they gonna attack, and you could attack these as a deterrent.

I miss that game, that would be awesome to have something like that on here but I doubt it will ever happen. As for the Meridian System even if it is a small change any change is an upgrade I think of it more like a merit point system like from above game but you don't have to be max lvl to use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I miss that game, that would be awesome to have something like that on here but I doubt it will ever happen. As for the Meridian System even if it is a small change any change is an upgrade I think of it more like a merit point system like from above game but you don't have to be max lvl to use it.
    at level 80 I can only go up a few levels, I think 12
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Here

You guys figure this thing out.
  • Suserak - Dreamweaver
    Suserak - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Sooo... it's random? T_T
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Here

You guys figure this thing out.

It sounds like a mini game to me where you have to use your points to unlock gates and find the right ones to get the buffs. Sounds interesting to me and a reason to log in consecutive days. Unless you decide to get the cash shop item for the holy attacks to get more chances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    All I saw was "you can purchase from the boutique." I stopped reading after that. Keep milking the player base PWI....
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Meh...I'll just keep logging on; I have to do my Venomancer dailies now anyway so I'll get to the Meridian system eventually. It might turn out to be fun, who knows.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    For me it depends how much gold the holy item will be, if it's like 1-3 gold I'll just use coin and turn it into gold and give it a shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    All I saw was "you can purchase from the boutique." I stopped reading after that. Keep milking the player base PWI....

Before that it says you can get it from dailies or special events.
    I really don't see a problem with paying customers getting the items needed to unlock it from the cash shop, so they speed up the process.
    As long as I can farm my items and get the stuff also, they can pay all they want, it keeps the game free for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

But you don't have to purchase the items for the Meridian system from the boutique, they're also earnable in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    But you don't have to purchase the items for the Meridian system from the boutique, they're also earnable in-game.

Yes you are 100% right. I'm just hoping that its not like you can earn 1 to 2 of the items you need a day, but buy as much as you want and max out 1st day. To me that's what kills the content the fastest. Look at morai and how busy that was when people were questing to get gear/books/shards. Now that's done with, morai is as empty as nirvana save for nation war time when people gather to get in.