Mysterious chips are tragedy

13»

Comments

• Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I run BH on 3 characters, except Lunar and Delta days, when I only run on my 2 BM's. During the past 2 weeks I got the mirage reward twice and a culti orb. The other rewards? ALL chips. Legit. When it's a 25% chance and you hit it that often, after difficult days with a few bad squads, it's unbelievably frustrating. It actually pissed me off that much that I quit the game last night, and am currently downloading updates for an old mmo I used to play (can't name it due to rules). No joke, I just can't face another set of BH runs knowing it'll likely be another "sorry, you got no reward, try again", it just drains most of the fun out of it.

Chips are near worthless btw. No matter what uses there are for them, thanks to sales on chip packs and the fact they exist in the boutique, you're receiving roughly 30k coin for your hard work. That's it. No reason pretending it's better because you're "making TT mats" when you could buy the chips for that TT mat for a pittance without stepping foot in BH.

There are so many different rewards they could give us instead of chips that wouldn't inflate the economy or damage profits. A few Chest of Coin for example. Or decent pots, perfect stones, book pages, and so on. I'm not the best to decide what's a "fair" reward or not, so I wont, but better options definitely exist.

But whatever, I'll probably get shot down for "QQ'ing". If you guys are happy pottering about in the same 5 instances for another few years for nothing, enjoy.
    Yup, exchange 10 chips for 1 supply token (I'm waiting for this feature) b:pleased

At which point cannies are about 3200 coin apiece and NW attendance plummets. b:chuckle
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys would make absolutely terrible poker players if you such a tiny setbacks gets you so upset b:chuckle
    I dont really believe your ~30-40 BHs containing 27 chiped rewards though, not even if you say "legit". I also think you are joking b:laugh
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys would make absolutely terrible poker players if you such a tiny setbacks gets you so upset b:chuckle
    I dont really believe your ~30-40 BHs containing 27 chiped rewards though, not even if you say "legit". I also think you are joking b:laugh

I'd love to be joking. In fact I'm one of those people who used to laugh at the multiple "I got nothing but chips all month" posts, because statistically, it's almost impossible for multiple players to be that unlucky. I spent the last 3 days pretty much certain of getting something other than chips, and after 9 in a row, I flipped and simply found something more enjoyable to play. Not that I really care if some random person on the internet believes me.
    And while I never liked getting chips, I gotta admit it's a perfectly reasonable booby prize. It's useful, it doesn't generate tons of coins and cause inflation, and if you really, really need the money you could always run the cube for a page of fate using the dice tickets made from it.

I'd love to agree with your opinion because you often make valid points, but this time I can't. Chips weren't originally intended as a "booby prize". In fact, at the start I recall there was QQ about high levels having such easy access to such a rare item. The developers intended to make the balanced prize list you claim can't be done. The chip reward becoming useless was an unfortunate side effect of Rank 9 being promoted, and the developers simply haven't been bothered making the effort to rebalance the prize list, since it would take a little thought in order to leave the economy unaffected while keeping players happy. Devs thoughts are probably... "they don't mind so it's not an issue we need to prioritise".
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would actually love to see supply tokens in the BH rewards or somewhere else :p Simply because they aren't worth that much anymore and PWE never got off their lazy ***** to adjust NW so everyone can take part once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would actually love to see supply tokens in the BH rewards or somewhere else :p Simply because they aren't worth that much anymore and PWE never got off their lazy ***** to adjust NW so everyone can take part once.

For once I agree with you, they have become quite useless if you seek to become rich via NW, due to different time zones only a small part of people can participate, and what`s left for others is either to suck up and wake up at 4 - 5 am to take part in NW or skip it and grind their teeth while others rake in benefits it offers. Supply tokens would, indeed, be a nice addition to the BH rewards.
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, I think the OP doesn't mind getting the chips, he just want it to be tradeable or stackable with the already existing chips.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!