Mysterious chips are tragedy

Kaiyal - Sanctuary
Kaiyal - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
edit: people don't seem to be getting my point, im fine with chips, I see their uses, but as a BH reward that doesn't stack with any other chip just shouldn't be on the table for lvl 100+ players. I would be fine if they were tradeable or stackable with other kinds. but they aren't. so to get some of these items youd need to lose 5m-500k every single run for dozens of runs to get some of these items. putting you more in the hole for cash that making from it

anyone else find them a horrible thing for a BH100
I mean I can understand not getting the money every time, im okay with getting socket stones and even mirages. at least we can still sell those. but for a lvl 100 character about the most useless thing in the world is 50 untradeable mysterious chips.

only good use is dice tickets and those barely cost anything anyway. I mean who gives out a special reward for an endgame lvl boss and then still requires me to pay 10m on top of 300 of those chips to get an item that isn't worth even half that.

I don't care if they keep them ingame. but as an endgame BH reward? might as well be slapping me in the face

edit: for those saying they are worth it for the summers tokens. I disagree for the same reason as Mr_Swiss they are untradeable. you cant lob them in with normal chips. you would need to do an insane amount of BH100's to get enough
Mystics...we're here to save all your butts from the end of the world...yeah,i think that sums it up pretty wellb:chuckle
Post edited by Kaiyal - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't mind being able to chip the gold mats for my G16, ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • demxhunter
    demxhunter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agreed, trade those chips for nation war tokens
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use my chips to save and make tt matts at the mysterious merch + coin. I actually don't mind any of the rewards given. I use them all. Subs from the Nirvi talisman, thats another matt needed to make gear. Take the matts and use them to your advantage. Find something to make out of them besides 9999 chips to make a GST and sell what you make.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...endgame lvl boss...
    ...endgame BH...

lol? anyway, they are there to balance bh rewards: ~500k/bh
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Likewise, I dont mind having extra chips for Dice Tickets and GSTs~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't mind being able to chip the gold mats for my G16, ijs.

This

and chips are needed to craft general summers tokens which are needed to craft r9 gears so many 101+ people can use them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    This

and chips are needed to craft general summers tokens which are needed to craft r9 gears so many 101+ people can use them.

The problem with GST's and selling them, is that you only get 55 chips. Think about how long it would take, by only using the rewards to make 1 GST. 9999 chips. Not to mention, the chips aren't tradeable. I don't have the patience to wait over a year or more collecting 55 chips at a time from BH's only to make 6-7m if that. You would have to get 55 chips as a reward 181 times to make 1 GST lol That could take a while.
  • Kaiyal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    dunno about any of you, but on my server, everyone sells the mats from warsoul to TT for several mill less than you pay the npc to make them using chips

and like I said, I didn't say I wanted them gone, just getting 55 as a BH reward for 100+ is kinda a disgrace
    Mystics...we're here to save all your butts from the end of the world...yeah,i think that sums it up pretty wellb:chuckle
    edited May 2013

lol +1 this ^
    edited May 2013
    dunno about any of you, but on my server, everyone sells the mats from warsoul to TT for several mill less than you pay the npc to make them using chips

Is everyone on your server broke? lol They must all be like....Hmm I paid 5.4m + 252 chips for a Giant Beast Shell, but I sold it and only have 4m in my bag....is that right?....yeah I guess it is lol b:laugh
  • Kaiyal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013

I disagree. theres a difference between balance and giving someone whos spent the time on this game a gift for making it that far, mirages are a good useful gift for a lvl 100. as is the money. for balance things like the socket stones are already there. they don't sell for too much. and the price is all player based so by PWi's standards you cant even count the money you make off sockets because the players decide the exchange rate that decides prices.

but you need thousands of those to socket gear anyway and once again your only given a little. but 50 untradeable chips that don't stack with any other kind is not a good way to reward someone who spent all the time to get to lvl 100.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Is everyone on your server broke? lol

Nah, just the people who whine on forums instead of making cash :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kaiyal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Is everyone on your server broke? lol They must all be like....Hmm I paid 5.4m + 252 chips for a Giant Beast Shell, but I sold it and only have 4m in my bag....is that right?....yeah I guess it is lol b:laugh

any gold mats and such like that people try to sell for as close to the npc price as possible, so it would be more time and money costly to get the chips on top of the npc price
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    any gold mats and such like that people try to sell for as close to the npc price as possible, so it would be more time and money costly to get the chips on top of the npc price

Very untrue actually. I see gold mats in AH for way more than the fee they are to chip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013

lol ^
  • Kaiyal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Very untrue actually. I see gold mats in AH for way more than the fee they are to chip.

I never do, maybe slightly above, like ive seen some go for 1m more and such, but to get those id have to do a fail chip BH like 8 times to get the necessary chips, would be faster to either buy it from the player or cheaper to buy the tradeable chips.

people don't seem to be getting my point, im fine with chips, I see their uses, but as a BH reward that doesn't stack with any other chip just shouldn't be on the table for lvl 100+ players. I would be fine if they were tradeable or stackable with other kinds. but they aren't. so to get some of these items youd need to lose 5m-500k every single run for dozens of runs to get some of these items. putting you more in the hole for cash that making from it

just a polite suggestion, seems to be all you people that try to insult anyone with an opinion. not to mention if you actually thought about it, its true, the money youd lose every time from getting chips from a BH can total up to quite the pretty penny. forgive me if after playing this game so long I believe giving me cheap items that cost more than they are worth seems kinda sad
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't call getting an item that's of less worth from a random table "losing money". It's not like you gambled and paid for a chance at that table. That's just such a spoiled view of things. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    50 chips as reward is rather pathetic, if BH`s would give at least 500 no1 could complain! b:sleep
    edited May 2013
    Allow Mysterious Chips to be converted into tradable chip packs/Make Chip Packs BH rewards instead of just the chips themselves.
    Problem solved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Kaiyal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't call getting an item that's of less worth from a random table "losing money". It's not like you gambled and paid for a chance at that table. That's just such a spoiled view of things. b:shutup

hows that when everything else is a tradeable item. heck even the exp orbs are tradeable. spoiled is expecting something for nothing. I expect something at least semi useful after I lvl up that far, pay for telecoustics, teleports, take time for the runs, pay for good gear to do the BH, etc etc. the time an effort it takes to get to that point alone should allow me to get at least something tradeable
    Allow Mysterious Chips to be converted into tradable chip packs/Make Chip Packs BH rewards instead of just the chips themselves.
    Problem solved.

exactly :) I completely agree with you, the only real problem here is there untradeable. I just never saw the point in that
    edited May 2013
    hows that when everything else is a tradeable item. heck even the exp orbs are tradeable.

Orb of Cultivation isnt tradable and thats a BH1 reward too =P.
  • DjRacer - Heavens Tear
    DjRacer - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edit: people don't seem to be getting my point, im fine with chips, I see their uses, but as a BH reward that doesn't stack with any other chip just shouldn't be on the table for lvl 100+ players. I would be fine if they were tradeable or stackable with other kinds. but they aren't. so to get some of these items youd need to lose 5m-500k every single run for dozens of runs to get some of these items. putting you more in the hole for cash that making from it

anyone else find them a horrible thing for a BH100
    I mean I can understand not getting the money every time, im okay with getting socket stones and even mirages. at least we can still sell those. but for a lvl 100 character about the most useless thing in the world is 50 untradeable mysterious chips.

only good use is dice tickets and those barely cost anything anyway. I mean who gives out a special reward for an endgame lvl boss and then still requires me to pay 10m on top of 300 of those chips to get an item that isn't worth even half that.

I don't care if they keep them ingame. but as an endgame BH reward? might as well be slapping me in the face

edit: for those saying they are worth it for the summers tokens. I disagree for the same reason as Mr_Swiss they are untradeable. you cant lob them in with normal chips. you would need to do an insane amount of BH100's to get enough

Chips themselves are stackable no matter where they come from. If you're referring to chip packs then of course they're not going to be stackable with individual chips. So I don't understand where this "chip's don't stack with others" and "you can't lob them in with normal chips" is coming from. Chips are chips, they will stack as long as they're not in the chip packs. If you have a problem with chips and chip packs not stacking with one another then open the chip packs and stack them up until you get enough for a GST. Now for them being a crappy BH reward, I would agree with that.
  • Kaiyal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Orb of Cultivation isnt tradable and thats a BH1 reward too =P.

not technically, but account stashable makes it useful to help alts
    Chips themselves are stackable no matter where they come from. If you're referring to chip packs then of course they're not going to be stackable with individual chips. So I don't understand where this "chip's don't stack with others" and "you can't lob them in with normal chips" is coming from. Chips are chips, they will stack as they're not in the chip packs. If you have a problem with chips and chip packs not stacking with one another then open the chip packs and stack them up until you get enough for a GST. Now for them being a crappy BH reward, I would agree with that.

im saying I cant walk up to the merchant with 100 BH chips that are untradeable and 100 normal chips and buy something for 200 chips from him. because I only have 100 of each
  • DjRacer - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    im saying I cant walk up to the merchant with 100 BH chips that are untradeable and 100 normal chips and buy something for 200 chips from him. because I only have 100 of each

normal chips? unless they've recently changed the kind of chips you get from bh like they did with socket stones they should be the same as any chip you get from chip packs or other event rewards.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything PWI is lottery. You do a BH, you can get something good or something bad. Do it often and it will even out. Live with it.
  • Kaiyal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    normal chips? unless they've recently changed the kind of chips you get from bh like they did with socket stones they should be the same as any chip you get from chip packs or other event rewards.

they are counted as 2 separate stacks because ones untradeable and the other is not, like there are 2 versions of socket stones, but I cant get 100 of each and socket a wep I need 200 of the exact same kind
    Everything PWI is lottery. You do a BH, you can get something good or something bad. Do it often and it will even out. Live with it.

its a video game, not real life. its meant to be fun and enjoyable, working hard for nothing isn't enjoyable. im just saying it would be a nice change, not asking anyone to change the laws of reality
  • DjRacer - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    they are counted as 2 separate stacks because ones untradeable and the other is not, like there are 2 versions of socket stones, but I cant get 100 of each and socket a wep I need 200 of the exact same kind

where do you get these tradeable version of chips you speak of. And if I remember correctly you can socket something using the 2 kinds of socket stones together.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not technically, but account stashable makes it useful to help alts

chips are account stashable too. unless you are leveling an alt, orbs are wayyy worse
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't know which chips are tradable and didn't stack with the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm..I'm pretty sure the only tradeable chips are those that are in the form of mysterious chip pack unless I'm missing something....I do like the idea of being able to turn BH chips into chip packs though :o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★