b:victory
Bahamas represent
Post edited by Slewdem - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PvP Ponderings
    I never chose a class for PvE/PvP specifically - I choose them because they fascinate me in some way.
    (Also, its nice to see another player from the Bahamas~)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A venomancer with r9.3 because their nix eats everyone alive.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i tw and nw with my veno since she is my main. i don't really pvp with her atm cuz she only has g16 and will get owned working on r9 atm.

But i wanna pvp with my seeker but she is only 94 lol so gotta wait til she is higher up and better geared to play with the big boys and girls lol.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A venomancer with r9.3 because their nix eats everyone alive.

Venos that use pets? f:stare

Not sure if troll or serious about the gear statement and to why nix would be OP because of it f:scared
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My nix gets one shot ijs lol. i can't wait for the new veno stuff though.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 3 candidates.

1- Seeker: Its a high hp class, high physical defense, high def levels, thus a rasonably tanky class. With samsara these mole guys are able to deal a damn ammount of damage to both heavy, light and arcane armor users. As thru it wasnt enough, they have 18~28m range on their chorus skills. LAME point: Not as good with antistun and doesnt move as fast as a sin.

2- Archer: These **** have high damage, high crit rate and hits hard on both heavy, light and arcane users... they dont hit SO hard on heavy dudes, but still a good go. They reach like from archo to 1ks to crit you to death.

3- Psychic: Kills everything on sight just by doing nothing x) They stand still while the enemy attack them and get sealed, take like 4k physical damage from deflect as if it wasnt enough, their purify spell make them stun lock you back with their seal while making YOUR stun lock completely useless. If you're a bm, youre screwed...
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 3 candidates.

1- Seeker: Its a high hp class, high physical defense, high def levels, thus a rasonably tanky class. With samsara these mole guys are able to deal a damn ammount of damage to both heavy, light and arcane armor users. As thru it wasnt enough, they have 18~28m range on their chorus skills. LAME point: Not as good with antistun and doesnt move as fast as a sin.

2- Archer: These **** have high damage, high crit rate and hits hard on both heavy, light and arcane users... they dont hit SO hard on heavy dudes, but still a good go. They reach like from archo to 1ks to crit you to death.

3- Psychic: Kills everything on sight just by doing nothing x) They stand still while the enemy attack them and get sealed, take like 4k physical damage from deflect as if it wasnt enough, their purify spell make them stun lock you back with their seal while making YOUR stun lock completely useless. If you're a bm, youre screwed...

Dont be trolling poor OP. We dont want him to be wasting all his time and money on inferior PvP classes do we ? He already spent so much time gooning to lvl 105.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 3 candidates.

What no Wizards? QQ

But I've been reading we are so OP with Purify proc.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I choose to PvP with them all.

Because I can. f:cool

I also choose to move this to PvP Ponderings.

Because that's where it's supposed to be in the first place. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can PvP on every class, seeing as I've needed to try them out personally in order to figure out ways to counter them. But I prefer two distinct classes: The cleric and the assassin.

They both offer a. stunlock (Sin lock vs cleric sleep/sog) and b. Passive survivability (sin's tidal/deaden, cleric's shell and self heals). This gives me plenty of time to think, run scenarios in my head, and select the best option available that allows me to continue on a very long plan.

This tends to explain why I excel in 1v1 (getting lots of time to think, and thus kill) and also why I fail terribly in group PvP (too much data input, can't process fast enough).

I'm not a computer.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He already spent so much time gooning to lvl 105.

Ummm what? Maybe you need a cookie and some milk and to be put back to bed.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be the strongerst? Duh Assassin, never seen something overpowered as them. APS, Stealth, Teleport, Bloodpaint
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be the strongerst? Duh Assassin, never seen something overpowered as them. APS, Stealth, Teleport, Bloodpaint

Until you realize that in PvP...

APS triggers Purify proc.
    APS deals rather meh damage to full S3 HA.
    Stealth can be popped by AoEs, stealth pots, and higher sins. Oh, and you can't attack anyone without leaving stealth.
    Shadow Jump/Stun are only necessary because sins have only 1 ranged skill, so this is a mild compensation.
    Bloodsuck 20! is useless.

Honestly, the only reason I'm going aps is for a. the challenge, b. the lower cost, and c. to troll.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I prefer to PvP and PvE on a cleric, maybe it's because I'm in love with them <3
    I love Plume Shell and our two 79 defence skills, along with an ironheart or twenty. Then the sleep. <:
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeker:
    HA, large AOE damage, and because I'm too lazy to level another toon lol.

But If I was going to start over and could somehow... transfer my R9RR to another toon? it would be a Mystic; heals, high damage, stuns, and I just generally love playing a Myst.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont be trolling poor OP. We dont want him to be wasting all his time and money on inferior PvP classes do we ? He already spent so much time gooning to lvl 105.

Hey the funny thing is if i wanted to waste time an money on other classes, it would not be a problem of yours.. b:bye

Always have to some some idiot who have to get the wrong idea in these threads
    Bahamas represent
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First I chose a veno as my character, and then I started to pvp.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't even planning to PvP when I first started playing so I just PvP with whatever toons I have.

I mostly PvP on my Venomancer because it's my main and my favourite class. There's nothing better than watching people rage for being Purged, Bewitching people left and right and just landing debuffs and watch the opponents die (usually by the hands of others though since I play support/defence mostly).

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Until you realize that in PvP...

APS triggers Purify proc.
    APS deals rather meh damage to full S3 HA.
    Stealth can be popped by AoEs, stealth pots, and higher sins. Oh, and you can't attack anyone without leaving stealth.
    Shadow Jump/Stun are only necessary because sins have only 1 ranged skill, so this is a mild compensation.
    Bloodsuck 20! is useless.

Honestly, the only reason I'm going aps is for a. the challenge, b. the lower cost, and c. to troll.

I LOL'ed IRL at Shayd for QQing about bloodpaint in PVP b:laugh, funniest post I have seen lately ever!
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Sword_Tammer - Dreamweaver
    Sword_Tammer - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Blood paint in PvP. f:confused
  • Suekasa - Archosaur
    Suekasa - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well in my Case i Have But one High Level Toon.But I don't Pvp Per say,NW,TW.

I would Use My Wizard As i Do in NW and TW But Tbh Not cut out For Real.
    Sadly A Weak G15 Wizard Vs a bunch of R9's Don't stand a Chance
    But that may Change.Despite Everyone still Calming That its Not the Level or The Armour it's The player Were I find it Hard too Belive All tho there is Some True scope too that.

Wizard all the Way b:cool
    f:laugh"In the virtual world, you have power,respect,friends and peace. Why would you
    want to return to the real world?"f:laugh
  • matimati89
    matimati89 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Archer is op class no matter what, You can say that sin can take them down ofc if they got more skill, but the skilled person with archer still woudl pwn more. Fact is Psy are real gangsta with the debuff and dmg reflection so let`s just say top 3 is:
    -SIn
    -Archer
    -Psychic
    random order.b:laugh
  • aragon3276
    aragon3276 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seeker
    unique skills and huge deff. cant be killed if u fight same gear ppl
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited June 2013
    aragon3276 wrote: »
    seeker
    unique skills and huge deff. cant be killed if u fight same gear ppl

^hasn't probably fought against wizzies. They kill from outside seeker's range. And they do that very bad. Though if seeker gets inside gemini range, then wizzie is dead wizzie. If wizzie uses Essential Sutra, things get interesting as it becomes battle against time: who nukes enemy dead first? Anyway casters can be bit troublesome with their CC skills as they also have firepower against seeker's weakness to use when seeker has been stopped unlike sins that can be annoying, but can't usually hurt seeker too bad unless outgearing badly. In 1-hit K.O.s may seekers trust.

Kitty has bit exotic choice for PVP: HA-veno. Why? Because HA-veno can match against opponent's strenght with correct defence and weakness with suitable attacks. Not to mention being the annoying lil fox doing everything nasty while being hard to kill. Purgeing OP enemies is Kitty's favourite hobby as nothing fancier than seeing enemy lose all their twenty buffs and get ganked by ppl they would normally crush like ants. f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My seeker.

It can get up close and personal if situation demands it and still survive far longer than my bm, (both are roughly in the exact same gear too) and it can also attack from a distance.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • superfeng
    superfeng Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bms are awesome
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like any class. All are great cept for Psys. But I don't wanna start talking about that ****. So many ppl believe that psys are the best pking class, tho they know nothing. Seems like you guys always count in the Fully buffed factor. That is lame nonesense.

I judge classes on their strenght while they are purely self buffed. A self buffed psy gets nearly oneshotted from anything o.o May it be BMs, Barbs, Seeker, Venos, Archer, Wizards, Sins, Mystics, let's say any class =P

Problem is most of you guys don't have a clue about all classes, maybe 1 or 2, but not all. I played them all to an extend and I like to PK with all of them except for Sins and Psychics. They are just way too weak end-game wise.

I prefer pking most on Wizards and Barbs for obvious reasons^^ but Seeker PvP is nice too but kinda lame...because seeker always kill with the exact same combo >.< Clerics are very fun to pk with too and so friggin annoying and nearly more resistant then Barbs. Archers are fun too, but lame as well...always that jumping around all the time is annoying and kinda cowardly. BMs are so friggin amazing to pk with due to their extreme versatility. BMs are the hardest class to master by far and have Skill combos like no other class. If played right a good played BM can kill ny other class and is still that much underrated. Guess there are just too many nub BMs playing this game (:

So you see, PvP owns on nearly any class. Psys are just weak cowards and sins DMG output is just not high enough end-game wise to be competitive.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    I like pk most on psychic, but that is pretty circular. I like psychic most overall, so it ended up best geared, which is obviously a factor when in pk. Out of the 8 classes I've played, I like psychic most because they are pretty versatile. Pretty good damage , defense and offense choice, good and cheap control skills, aoe purify+heal ... They are usefull in many circumstances and not always bound to the exact same thing. I also think they go pretty well in the (current) rock-paper-scissors system of strong and weak points. And they are pretty cheap maintenance-wise when it comes to pvp b:laugh

The class I'd consider best for pk these days would be wizard. With the last updates, they are best decked out against what used to be their weak points. However, choosing a pvp class just on what's strongest is pretty silly. In a few months things will have changed again anyway.

@ Joe : it's clear you don't like psychics b:shocked but no need to invent silly things. I agree psychics are not the way to OP class some make it seem as legacy of the long forgotten aps era, but they are not as weak as you make them. They are made squishy'ish (no def buffs and black voodoo penalty) since they are so decked out vs aps. But they are not that easy 1 shots vs equal geared self-buffed. Seekers are the only class that really 1 hit them, but that still requires a zerk+crit. Well, a barb could if they weren't forced to stand right in front of the psychic for arma.
  • ngengekencer
    ngengekencer Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    double post
  • ngengekencer
    ngengekencer Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bms of course, most fun to play
    especially bms v bms pk b:laughb:laugh