My PC is too new for PWI

2»

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    It's not Graphic card issue, it's Windows 8. Since I was right all along my PC won't run such old game. Thanks for being the only person who actually tried to help
    Oh, I know it's not the card. I'm just shooting for a similar system level as far as OS and DirectX configuration goes.
    Could also try running both the launcher and client in compatibility mode as winxp.
    On Vista+, with the current version of the client, this actually causes more problems than it will fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hads to delete PWI for now, I"m cleaning up some stuff on hard drive and I doubt fix it coming anytime soon unless you can skype Screen share me and try to trouble shoot by yourself
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had that issue come up a few times for me before. i had to install directx9 and i think 10/11 at the time. it was a acer desktop. windows vista. no longer have the comp. it died lol. and i had to update drivers and stuff.

but good luck when u decided to try again.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Trump - Raging Tide
    Trump - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could have sworn I posted a question about your speccy yesterday..:/
    Anyways, did you have other stuff running when you ran the speccy? Just wondering cause I thought I saw your cpu temp @60c.
    more questions asked-more ppl helping to solve-better community-better support...b:bye
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    It is, lowest Temp I get is 50, I have stock Intel cooler so don't expect anything from it. Plus I have Dual GTX 680 those create some heat too. and lastly I don't live in Alaska. I want to get liquid cooler but I dont know which one, Corsair falls off as a choice right away

• Feely - Harshlands
    Feely - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having this exact issue and fixed it by running elementclient and DirectX as an admin. Hope that fixes yours too.
    edited May 2013
    I was having this exact issue and fixed it by running elementclient and DirectX as an admin. Hope that fixes yours too.
    I thought the OP had stated they did that already. In any case, I acquired Win8 this weekend and will be testing it when I have the free time available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Can't even download PWI anymore, Link is broken, are they switching back to Pando Media Booster?

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't even download PWI anymore, Link is broken, are they switching back to Pando Media Booster?

Sigh... You are one of the five or so people who keep claiming this. I've downloaded and re-downloaded, installed and re-installed the game over and over in the last week. It. Works. Fine. Seriously, I get 7.5mbps download on the direct download link offered here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

If it's not working for you, know that it's on your end. Contact or ISP and/or download the torrent.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Yes the Direct link is corrupted, the files are broken.

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I know this is hard, but stop being dumb.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19303921&postcount=9
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1596091
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
    edited May 2013
    The files are not broken....

In the second link blue provided, I posted links to the .zip and to the torrent.

I'd also like to note that 7Zip and WinRar will not extract the .zip file properly. The compression format used on the file doesn't work with them for some reason. (I haven't investigated why this is because I use ALZip, it has no problems, and I don't need to test the others when I have something that works perfectly fine.)

The only programs I know to extract the /zip flawlessly are WinZip and ALZip, the latter being completely free and handles multiple formats.

WinRar was made for Rar files, WinZip was made for Zip files, and 7Zip is ported from Linux. Considering that, you can see why they might have issues.

I have a system ready for Win8, have the Win8 disks, but haven't had the free time to work on installing and testing it yet. Truly though, 8 is just 7 with more bells and whistles and a new desktop interface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    If the download wasn't broken why would they erase it and replace with stupid Arc ****, I don' need yet another launcher just for one game I have one for NCsoft, Origin, Steam, VPlus

edited May 2013
    If the download wasn't broken why would they erase it and replace with stupid Arc ****, I don' need yet another launcher just for one game I have one for NCsoft, Origin, Steam, VPlus
    Because PWE wants to push their own version of Steam for their games and stop paying other people for hosting their files in the cloud. It's just another marketing ploy that we're almost forced to live with.

I did provide links to the old (and still working) direct and torrent downloads. Both methods download and install just fine with the proper precautions and software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    So my computer is still way too up to date to play PWI

• v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Shayd,

I'm sorry that you're still having issues with installing PWI through Arc.

Please submit a ticket to our support team, explaining what issues you're having, and what you've done so far to resolve them.

- Val
This discussion has been closed.