My PC is too new for PWI

Options
Shayd - Raging Tide
Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Support Desk
Got new gaming rig, Custom build, runs miracles, except PWI of course. Why? Because PWI is too old. Let me explain, I get this error when trying to run PWI

http://tinypic.com/r/2j5m8ag/5

So naturally I went into folders and run dxweb installer which gave me this error

http://tinypic.com/r/23vi1z/5

Then I downloaded directX installer from Microsoft, the most up-to-date one. Same error. Next I digged up the error logs it mentioned which Theeeen gives me but of gibberish and this

http://tinypic.com/r/30vn9tf/5

''Sections are not initialized''? To the Google! Looks like it's known error, diagnosis? I'm trying to install older version of DirectX than it's already installed, which is impossible to downgrade.

Conclusion: Perfect World International Won't run on 2013 Computer and further. So much for all the money spend on this game.

Edit: Yes Mr.Have-You-tried-veryfying-the-game-files, I tried it. Compatibility settings too though I don't see how would that help. And for the info I'm running all other games easily without any missing **** or DirectX Errors
Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
Post edited by Shayd - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Did you disable the antivirus?

Cause that first error is usually because the texture files are corrupt, which is pretty common when you don't disable your antivirus and exclude the client directory from all scans.

If you didn't, take care of the antivirus, and then run verify three times, reboot, and try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I don't have anti-virus, Simply no need for, and the system was re-installed literally few days ago and problem still is here. Verify didn't help as I said, all it does is check for file presence not structure, even if it's corrupter it's still there.

edited April 2013
    Options
    Going to need more information then. I'm pretty positive that the issue isn't with your high-end rig though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Did you install Dx 9c? That version of Dx must be installed separately.
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Alright so...I had a similar problem to this not too long ago that Sylen also asked me about giving the info for. My computer is also a relatively decent (though not super by any means) higher end laptop of this year.
    I did everything he asked and the 'problem' was still occurring. However...when I hit the gibberish button...it goes through and plays anyway. Have you tried just trying to play anyway? I did not bother updating my own thread/question on this because even though I still get the annoying error message every time (and I have to verify after every weekly update) I can still play the game with no issues. :3
    Just a thought! If I am wrong though I do apologize.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If I could run the game I wouldn't be making Support thread for it. Anyway here's Dxdiag http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=B9zmaCFQ
    And I can throw in Speccy but Dxdiag should give you all specs alreay.

edited April 2013
    Options
    If I could run the game I wouldn't be making Support thread for it. Anyway here's Dxdiag http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=B9zmaCFQ
    And I can throw in Specify but Dxdiag should give you all specs alreay.
    While Dxdiag does provide a nice amount of detail in regards to audio/video, and their associated drivers, it is a far cry from complete, which is why I do ask for Speccy, because it can show me other conflicting hardware or software that does not show in DxDiag.

While everything appears to be fine in your dxdiag report, it did bring to memory an issue that I haven't seen in a very long time. If you change any of the 3D settings in your driver software, it is almost guaranteed to cause a problem with PWI. Even if you set up a custom configuration to specifically cater to PWI's interface and requirements, it borks the client. Also, I didn't see any known 3rd party video codecs that I am familiar with causing issues, but you do have Win8, with it's own inbred video encoders and decoders. I have not had a chance to check how they work with the client yet to see if they cause an issue, but it is a possibility.

In any case, post a link to a Speccy profile and I'll dig a bit deeper. Either that, or wait until I get around to re-configuring one of my unused desktops to Win8 and do some testing with the final release. (Could be a while since I'm not at all fond of Win8 =P )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    In any case, post a link to a Speccy profile and I'll dig a bit deeper. Either that, or wait until I get around to re-configuring one of my unused desktops to Win8 and do some testing with the final release. (Could be a while since I'm not at all fond of Win8 =P )

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/1nEBB1g0mGYWCi2bWOXGI6b

edited April 2013
    Options
    1. You do have antivirus. It's included with Win8. Microsoft Security Essentials. Either disable it, or exclude the entire client directory from all of it's scans. After disabling it, verify at least 2 times, (3 is recommended), and then reboot.

2. You do have quite a lot of background processes running. A patcher for another game, carious software updaters, and possibly some hardware monitoring tools you aren't using. Especially things like 3D-Vision. If you aren't using it, just disable it.
    While your system has a great CPU with multiple cores and hyprethreading, the client can't make use of any of that. Programs will typically use the first core and then divide out from there. The client can only use the first core, it won't see any others, and it won't take any advantage of advanced hyprethreading for the wait process clock. Basically, it doesn't matter how pro your CPU is, the client can't use it effectively, and other processes using it can cause a delay.
    This has nothing to do with your current issue, but can impact performance once you do get the client up and running.

3. You've got too awesome video cards, which though quite impressive, don't get used by the client. The majority of the graphics load is on the CPU. You might try disabling SLI and then running the client if you still get an issue after you've fixed the antivirus and verified the files.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sachelfunlol
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Have you tried installing Dx 9c?
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Obvious troll is obvious

Windows Defender is hardly called an antivirus but I disabled it for now, I do use 3D Vision and I was running bunch of of downloads at the time since I lost everything moving to new Hard drive. SLI is not the problem either as I tried running the game without second GPU. and Verifying files always gets stuck at 99% and the bar stops there for hours. and I had this PC for few weeks now but I had to reinstall whole System due bunch of **** benchmarks and programs I had so I fully wiped the HDD and started over again, PWI was the first thing I did install. What I could do is Pull out both GPUs and try then

edited April 2013
    Options
    If the verify sticks at 99%, that's an indicator that there is an issue writing one of the files. Sometimes it's just permissions and you need to run as admin.

While it is true that Defender and WSE can hardly be called antivirus, they do tend to cause issues, so it's always best to disable them and use real software =)

Might try setting an exception in the windows firewall as well for patcher.exe and elementclient.exe. You can also try running Launcher.exe from the launcher folder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Set both Launcher and patcher to run as administrator, Trying verifying files again, and as for running from folder it doesn't help in any way elementclient.exe pops up the usual DirectX Error

I'm gonna quote this to enphasize what sachelfunlol said. Try install Directx 9c on your computer.

From what I can see from screenshots, you installed Windows 8, wich comes with Directx 11.1.

Similar to Windows 7, wich comes with Directx 11, it doesn't have retrocompatibility with Directx 9. So it must be installed in your computer along with Directx 11.

Usually when you run the game for the first time on a computer, the launcher will kick Directx9 installation if it doesn't have it installed. But sometimes it doesn't do it and you need to download and install it yourself.

Also the first message could be related to some chinese fonts missing. I know it doesn't sounds like it is, but it has happened to me a few times before, when I reinstalled Windows XP I get an error message on those weirds characters, but it dissapears when I install the asian langauge packs on Windows control panel.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Look...slowpoke, read the OP post, my DirectX is up to date, installing ANYthing will show the error visible on second screenshot and third one shows the cause of error.

http://bit.ly/YjSQJe

Doesn't matter if I use the one in PWI folder or one from Microsoft website IT. Will. Show. The. Same. Error. So it's not possible to downgrade and as you said yourself Windows 8 comes with this version of DirectX. So...yeah my PC is simply too up-to-date. You can only install different versions of DirectX along side on older Windows

• StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Downgradeing? wouldn't call it that as you are not replacing or removeing DX11... Had done the DX9 thing a few times on my rig for this game and other games... running Win7 ultimate.
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    K, i missed the part you said you tried to downgrade Directx (wich isn't really a downgrade, but a parallell installation).

Was the online download or the redistributable version of Directx installer?

Also, did you tried to run the game in compatibility mode? Cause what I've found so far is the only way to bypass the Directx issue is run the game on WindowsXP SP3 mode and as administrator.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Windows 8 comes with this version of DirectX. So...yeah my PC is simply too up-to-date. You can only install different versions of DirectX along side on older Windows

What do I care about your windows 7 if I have 8. It was download and for the last time yes I tried compatibility mode, what do you think I did, saw the error and ran here immediately?

• Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Was the web installer or the redistributable version of Directx9 the one you tried? did you tried both?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sachelfunlol
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Dx 9 10 and 11 installers do not include dx 9c, it must be installed specifically. Just because you use the latest installer has no bearing for 9c to be installed. 9c was an update of dx that came with service pack 2 for windows xp. For it to be installed, you either updated windows xp to sp2 or you used the 9c redist installer on later versions of windows.

It is not like this is anything new, there was at least one thread on this if not more when the pwi engine was updated to use 9c last year. Seeing how your errors are related to Dx, I find it hard to believe no one else bothered to tell you to install 9c aside the person that backed my post.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Dx 9 10 and 11 installers do not include dx 9c, it must be installed specifically. Just because you use the latest installer has no bearing for 9c to be installed. 9c was an update of dx that came with service pack 2 for windows xp. For it to be installed, you either updated windows xp to sp2 or you used the 9c redist installer on later versions of windows.

It is not like this is anything new, there was at least one thread on this if not more when the pwi engine was updated to use 9c last year. Seeing how your errors are related to Dx, I find it hard to believe no one else bothered to tell you to install 9c aside the person that backed my post.

So since you just posted the same thing over and over again I'm gonna ask different way,. How though shalt I install the mighty older Direct 9 If My System disallows installing anything but newer release? For the last time moron, I can't install anything but Newer DirectX and mine is already the most up to date. WINDOWS 8 DOES NOT LET INSTALL MULTIPLE VERSIONS so stop telling me I need DirectX9 because it's giving me error, end of story.

• Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Was the web installer or the redistributable version of Directx9 the one you tried? did you tried both?

Sorry did not noticed your post because of that Troll, I'm gonna download that version but unlike Web one it doesn't check what you need it downloads all of them so It'll take a while to download it as it shows 900Mb

• Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sorry did not noticed your post because of that Troll, I'm gonna download that version but unlike Web one it doesn't check what you need it downloads all of them so It'll take a while to download it as it shows 900Mb

900 MB!? b:shocked

I'm pretty sure the redistreibutable is no bigger than 100 MB, 250 at most.

Just in case here's a link to the redistributable. At least on the page says it weights 95MB.

Oh, also before isntalling it, run CCleaner or a similar software to clean your computer from temporal files and bad registry entries just to be sure they won't mess with it.

And Also, I'm not sure 'bout this cause I read it on some other webpage, but the redistributable may need .Net Framework 3.5 to run. Dunno 'bout if is true or not, I can't remember if it ever asked me to have that installed. But I tell you so you can keep that in mind if a different error shows when you try install the redistributable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options

Downloading your link, and .Net Framework 3.5 Is already installed I needed it for NCsoft's Free2Play MMO I cannot mention here because half the population would switch.

• Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Downloaded, extracted ran the installer which went very fast (About 4 seconds) Done, restarted, PWI doesn't work. lol

• Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    still showing the same error message?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sachelfunlol
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Might have to try in safe mode or either that installer does not have any files win8 does not already have.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    still showing the same error message?

Yep. It's not Windows fault, it's PWI

edited April 2013
    Options
    Yep. It's not Windows fault, it's PWI
    Yeah, it's definitely looking like a compatibility issue between the OS, DirectX, and the client. I'll have to put together a test system this weekend. Best card I have atm is a 650GTX though, but should be close enough to simulate your issue on Win8.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's not Graphic card issue, it's Windows 8. Since I was right all along my PC won't run such old game. Thanks for being the only person who actually tried to help

• sachelfunlol
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Could also try running both the launcher and client in compatibility mode as winxp.
This discussion has been closed.