Item - Player shop - Not displaying 'bound' text

2»

Comments

• SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If i want to buy a wep/armor from catshops, i always ask any Sin friend to check if its TT/Lunar
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    actually they did fix it for like a month or so then they re-broke it :P

I think this was the case...

Merging this thread with the original and using this post as a friendly bump.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If i want to buy a wep/armor from catshops, i always ask any Sin friend to check if its TT/Lunar

Yes, I'm aware of that now. But unfortunately I had no idea this bug existed until 2 hours ago.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, I'm aware of that now. But unfortunately I had no idea this bug existed until 2 hours ago.

In g15 lunar stuff has yellow text underneath, tt does not i believe.

In g16 everything has yellow text underneath and there is no way to diffrentiate a tt base or lunar base in weapon armour when made.

Shops often sell tt base items at lunar base item price. I stopped buying things from players, their loss, since i needed quite a few pieces.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2014

In g16 everything has yellow text underneath and there is no way to diffrentiate a tt base or lunar base in weapon armour when made.

Shops often sell tt base items at lunar base item price. I stopped buying things from players, their loss, since i needed quite a few pieces.

G15 TT and lunar have different names and as such easy to distinguish.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014

TT Nirvana will still have the "Equipment will bind when equipped" text... except apparently it's re-broken and doesn't show up in the catshops again.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    TT Nirvana will still have the "Equipment will bind when equipped" text... except apparently it's re-broken and doesn't show up in the catshops again.

I had the misfortune of buying an expensive item, luckily i sold it at the same price. It was very worrisome while i had it.

I hope they fix it again soon at next patch.
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    Oh nice, pwi answered my ticket.

-snip-

" Please be extra careful in the future."

Really, did they really read my ticket? So it's my fault I was scammed because of a pwi bug? Am I supposed to guess all possible bugs that might harm me?

After that I'm really reconsidering about keep buying cash or even keep playing from now on. I realized pwi staff is completely disrespectiful with its clients.

Be scammed because of a bug is bad, but be blamed by pwi staff makes things even worse for me.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Oh nice, pwi answered my ticket.

" Please be extra careful in the future."

Really, did they really read my ticket? So it's my fault I was scammed because of a pwi bug? Am I supposed to guess all possible bugs that might harm me?

After that I'm really reconsidering about keep buying cash or even keep playing from now on. I realized pwi staff is completely disrespectiful with its clients.

Be scammed because of a bug is bad, but be blamed by pwi staff makes things even worse for me.

Be persistent and update your ticket with the contents of thsi thread. Let them know that they themselves had announced it was fixed, so there was no reason for you to believe otherwise. Link them to the quality corner thread and to the patch notes saying it. If you are persistent and polite then you might get your stuff back.

That said I'm gonna have to snip that as tickets are considered private communication.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This happened with T2 TT Lionheart leggings that someone was selling aswell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    Be persistent and update your ticket with the contents of thsi thread. Let them know that they themselves had announced it was fixed, so there was no reason for you to believe otherwise. Link them to the quality corner thread and to the patch notes saying it. If you are persistent and polite then you might get your stuff back.

That said I'm gonna have to snip that as tickets are considered private communication.

Thanks Venus. I insisted and asked them to reconsider my request. I explained everything again. I linked this thread.

I have the impression they didn't even read my message and sent me "default" and automatic answers.

Since I came back I wasn't buying a lot of cash, but I was doing it every month. Maybe I'd have to put a few thousand dollars to be treated decently, but after this I'd just feel stupid if I keep putting more money in this game.

I think I'll look for other ones who at least try to respect its players.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just have to say.... there is absolutely no excuse for them advising people that they just have to "be more careful" unless they are going to provide ALL classes with the sin skill that allows to peek into bags. How else are we supposed to know what is exactly in the catshop when there is a bug like this affecting items? I do carefully inspect every item before I buy it, but if I carefully inspect and something does NOT say binding, I believe I should be safe in buying it as an unbinding item. How much more careful can we be?

It just really irks me when there is a broken feature causing people to lose things or money, and they won't even take responsibility. Definitely, do not let that ticket be closed (or open a new one if they delete it). They need to fix their mistakes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2014
    I just re-tested this and I'm definitely seeing "Equipping this item will cause it to be bound" on the appropriate items in the Consignment Shop. If you see this again, can you please post a screenshot?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• JadedDream - Raging Tide
    JadedDream - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Surtr wrote: »
    I just re-tested this and I'm definitely seeing "Equipping this item will cause it to be bound" on the appropriate items in the Consignment Shop. If you see this again, can you please post a screenshot?

Consignment shops have always worked properly, to my knowledge since they came out. This issue is with vendor Shops, cows, bunnies, snakes and such, not consignment shops.

TT based T2 should read "Equipping this item will cause it to be bound", it doesn't.

33krfab.png

TT based T3 same issue, checked bag with my sin all the T3 items are TT based.

oqf2o1.png

T3 item in a consignment shop that show "Equipping this item will cause it to be bound" properly

2n7fgyc.png

Hopefully this clears up the difference b:cute
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2014
    Consignment shops have always worked properly, to my knowledge since they came out. This issue is with vendor Shops, cows, bunnies, snakes and such, not consignment shops.
    Ah, thank you for the clarification. I'll try and take a look on Monday.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• dookster1234
    dookster1234 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Surtr wrote: »
    Ah, thank you for the clarification. I'll try and take a look on Monday.

Ever end up looking into this by chance?