Item - Player shop - Not displaying 'bound' text

Decus - Dreamweaver
Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Quality Corner
An item that normally displays the caveat "equipping this item will cause it to be bound," when sold in a catshop, does not display this text. I have not verified if it appears again if the item is purchased and your inventory, but I imagine it only occurs in a vendor shop. This can be quite frustrating when you are trying to purchase g16 items, as they look identical whether bound or not.

Here's a screenshot of an item that ought to display the text, but is not displaying it.

http://i.imgur.com/06PFcYg.png
Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
Post edited by Decus - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why the price of the bow is so cheap?b:surrender
    Its like 5x cheaper than on LC b:angry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Why the price of the bow is so cheap?b:surrender
    Its like 7x cheaper than on LC b:angry

Different server different prices.

Try to keep the off-topic to a minimum here. It clutters the threads and makes the jobs of those looking through more difficult.

Confirming this bug. It's definitely a huge problem when it comes to G16, though it can also be mildly annoying on various other items.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Got it! Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Lafera - Harshlands
    Lafera - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well yesterday i bought g16 nirvana daggers because i though they were made from g15 lunar daggers. So there wasn`t that bound text in the cat shop. After i bought it text appeared in my inventory. b:surrender
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    genotypist wrote: »
    Got it! Thanks.

It was quite hard to find this post. I brought a g16 gear and thought was lunar version today. This isn't fair for those who got rip off by this bug! b:surrender
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This doesn't happen on gears that have no unbound version. TT99, Wings of Cloudcharger, Matchless Wings, etc. all display the messages about binding when equipped. The only examples of this I have seen are on Nirvana gear / awakened g16 gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it would be interesting to check if the text is displayed when the item is traded between players
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Vitzh - Heavens Tear
    Vitzh - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it would be interesting to check if the text is displayed when the item is traded between players

A trade or link will display the bind on equip text, at least for the item I bought thinking it was lunar.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This doesn't happen on gears that have no unbound version. TT99, Wings of Cloudcharger, Matchless Wings, etc. all display the messages about binding when equipped. The only examples of this I have seen are on Nirvana gear / awakened g16 gear.

My thanks for the clarification. I didn't mention that.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think this needs to be pushed to the top of the fix list, people are now using this to scam. Tonight a person in our faction bought an item out of a cat shop that was claiming to be Lunar and it was not. The person even had it in the title above their cat shop that it was Lunar. I told the guy in my faction to submit a ticket about it (he was unaware of this glitch). It rather obvious the cat shop is purposely exploiting this problem to misled people.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed. Yesterday a faction member was asking me about buying some G16 daggers from a catshop. He said they didn't say they would bind, and I was at a loss as to what to advise him because, how can we know what is the truth? There is no way to know now if they are TT or Lunar and that is a huge difference, especially in cost. As it is, I just advised him to SS the link from the catshop before he purchased, and if they turned out bound just submit a ticket about it.... though I'm not sure what they would/could do about it.

This will seriously be abused by scammers and we can't even catch them to ticket them, because we have no way of knowing what the proper item in the catshop is until it is purchased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Informative thread... now if only I had seen it before buying the g16 armor I bought yesterday. Though to be fair the shop didn't claim one way of the other, this was just... as much as I hate to speak of myself like this... ignorance on my part.

If only it was a warning on the log-in page, or a red message in game that was being repeated... albeit it would become more common knowledge... still this is just one frustrating as all get out bug. I definitely would like to see a 'fix' or a warning put somewhere IN game SOONER than later.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    One thing you guys can do to protect yourselves is have a trusted sin friend use the bag peak skill on the catshops, and tell you if it's lunar or TT. Assuming you do not have the skill yourself, until this bug gets fixed. Not a good fix but better than trying to guess when it's bugged to display the same.b:surrender

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Informative thread... now if only I had seen it before buying the g16 armor I bought yesterday. Though to be fair the shop didn't claim one way of the other, this was just... as much as I hate to speak of myself like this... ignorance on my part.

If only it was a warning on the log-in page, or a red message in game that was being repeated... albeit it would become more common knowledge... still this is just one frustrating as all get out bug. I definitely would like to see a 'fix' or a warning put somewhere IN game SOONER than later.

I would send a ticket any way. Even though they did not say in the title that it was lunar, if they were selling the item at lunar price it's easy to see how you would think it was lunar. The person in our faction who was scammed was refunded the money after he sent in a ticket, so it would not hurt for you to try.

And I also agree that they should do more to make people aware of this glitch. No one in our faction knew about it until this happened to one of our members. Very few people who play haunt the forums. Personally I check the forums several times a day (but I work from home, so have lots of spare time). It seems I am constantly relaying forum information into faction chat. But considering how serious a glitch this is, an announcement in game would be nice. It could prevent a lot of people getting scammed in the future and less tickets for the gm's to deal with.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't believe this thread/glitch was realized in April and it is now July, but there is still no word of a fix for this? I didn't play much back in April, and didn't see this thread. Just today I bought a TT G16 dagger thinking it was the Lunar version.

Bumping this thread so other people can see it and not get scammed! b:angry
  • Celestris - Sanctuary
    Celestris - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually, it was mentioned in the State of Quality Corner June post (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1608821) that this fix is coming. Check out comment 20 in Geno's post.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    Actually, it was mentioned in the State of Quality Corner June post (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1608821) that this fix is coming. Check out comment 20 in Geno's post.

Yep, it's coming. IN the meantime, I highly suggest everyone utilizes the tip that I gave. With using the sin bag peak skill (or having a trusted sin friend use it for you) so that you can make sure you are purchasing the correct item. It really sucks you have to do that, but it's the only way around it until this glitch is fixed.

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't believe this thread/glitch was realized in April and it is now July, but there is still no word of a fix for this? I didn't play much back in April, and didn't see this thread. Just today I bought a TT G16 dagger thinking it was the Lunar version.

Bumping this thread so other people can see it and not get scammed! b:angry

I recommend submitting a ticket about it. It is, after all, their fault for not fixing this immediately (and indeed for even allowing it to occur). They can't expect everyone to have a sin/know a sin with the Morai skill to counter this.

And for everyone else, if you do not have such a sin to help, take a SS of the item while in the catshop and a SS after purchase. I'm not sure what they will do but it is their mistake and I'm sure there would be some form of compensation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Bumping this post again cause I don't want anyone else to be fooled into the same mistake. I did submit a ticket and all the ticket handler person did was "forward it to the QA team" with my ticket status resulting in "SOLVED"! I guess we won't be seeing a fix to this for months, and I will never get my coins back.
  • Jamiesangus - Lost City
    Jamiesangus - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bumping this post again cause I don't want anyone else to be fooled into the same mistake. I did submit a ticket and all the ticket handler person did was "forward it to the QA team" with my ticket status resulting in "SOLVED"! I guess we won't be seeing a fix to this for months, and I will never get my coins back.

you can reopen the ticket by going to it and typing more information
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Forsakenx for the amazing signature
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bumping this thread.

The content update patch stated:

"- Players perusing through Cat (Consignment) Shops will now see the Bind on Equip tag on such items before players make their purchase."

This is false. It still does not show it (or they broke it with the 747 patch).

2d147xw.jpg
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bumping again, was said it's fixed, it's not.

Does anyone of the GM's even look at this side of the forums anymore b:surrender
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is also true for TT path N2 gear. Granted players should know from name and issue isnt as huge as with N3 gear that shares the same name.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • ETBONE - Archosaur
    ETBONE - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I bought a G15 HA robe which I thought was the Lunar one but once it was in my inventory I found it was the TT one. I put it up for sale and when I look at it in the cat shop on my other toon it showed as a non bondable gear but it is. I would like to first see what u can do to make this right and let u know that this is a glitch and could and is **** people, they think they are getting lunar gear but getting tt instead. I don't believe the person I bought it from was aware of this either.b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender

[IMG][/img]673dd7b1-fedd-4608-934a-2c0983f0df8c_zpsf6a18688.jpg

de94453b-6183-4dfd-9b4b-947294f2f667_zps420fdf10.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited March 2014
    I bought a G15 HA robe which I thought was the Lunar one but once it was in my inventory I found it was the TT one. I put it up for sale and when I look at it in the cat shop on my other toon it showed as a non bondable gear but it is. I would like to first see what u can do to make this right and let u know that this is a glitch and could and is **** people, they think they are getting lunar gear but getting tt instead. I don't believe the person I bought it from was aware of this either.b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender

[IMG][/img]673dd7b1-fedd-4608-934a-2c0983f0df8c_zpsf6a18688.jpg

de94453b-6183-4dfd-9b4b-947294f2f667_zps420fdf10.jpg

Known issue, I'm gonna move this over to the quality corner post this should have bumped. Bugs in general are reported to the quality corner. And yes, this is a frustrating one indeed!! I hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later now that the expansion has been out for a while.

• Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    That expansion back in Spring 2013 had caused many issues that are still not resolved (like the public quests). No matter how many people submit tickets about it, they say they will look into it and nothing has yet happen, now it's close to a year since those problems were made known. I was one of those people whom this glitch had caused to lose millions thinking that I bought what my coins paid for. Asked customer service to take away the item that I bought, and give me the raw mats to make the one that is unbound, but they didn't even do such a simple thing.
  • blueimage
    blueimage Posts: 51 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2014
    Hey guys, so, just checked this out and we've confirmed the issue and alerted our devs.

For the record though, this error only happens with CRAFTED gear, so be careful with crafted items in shops until the issue is fixed.
  • ETBONE - Archosaur
    ETBONE - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    so can you or will you help us get the gear that we thought we were buying in the first place or are we out? for the recorded I did put a ticket in on this. and the picture I posted was both my toons, I did the pics just to show why and what I bought. I am not selling it, but I would like to get what I thought I was buying.
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1584471

Really? A bug reported almost a year ago still without fix?

2 months ago I had 77m and I wanted to buy my first T3 weapon for my wizard (a sandy sword).
    I found one in a catshop for 85m without bound message. So I thought "nice, a lunar T3 weapon, I'm going to try to negociate its price".
    The catshopper lowered its price to 75m. I asked a fac mate if the price was ok, he asked me if it was the lunar one. I said yes, then he told me it was worth.
    Since I'm always afraid of being scammed through trading I naively told him "lower the price in catshop, then I'll buy it there".
    Imagine my disappointment when I found out it was the TT one. b:cry
    After I noticed that, I thought I was distracted and didn't see the bound message. Furthermore I didn't expect to sell it for the price I paid, so I just equipped it for the past 2 months.
    Then today, by coincidence, I find this thread from 2013 september reporting this bug. I don't even know if it's still worth to open a ticket. I don't have a print screen and it was 2 months ago.
    It's really discouraging to save money for so long and be scammed by someone (Usurer, from RT, who is still, 2 months later, with a catshop selling T3 gear for high prices, but they are probably all TT ones) with perfect word complicity.

http://postimg.org/image/jsl0ptvs5/full/
  • DryKillLogic - Archosaur
    DryKillLogic - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    actually they did fix it for like a month or so then they re-broke it :P