They changed Absorb Soul

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Eoria, sorry sweetie, but the thread is about AS, not PvP.

The thread author states PvP type situations involving players with JOSD as his reason for getting level 11, but the thread itself is about a spell, and one I used to use alot in PvE and PvP.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, this isnt a bad thing for the game, just for anyone with gears lesser than R9 or better.

Also, there is absolutely nothing (not even cost) preventing a R9T3+12 JOSD's Mystic from resetting their spells to gain the level 10 advantage they dont need. xD

The OP started the thread for the skill AS true, but for PVP reasons.

Mobs don't have def lvl as far as I know and lvl10 or 11 on mobs doesn't matter nvm the gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The OP started the thread for the skill AS true, but for PVP reasons.

Mobs don't have def lvl as far as I know and lvl10 or 11 on mobs doesn't matter nvm the gears.

And except for the fact I never mentioned PvE until you brought up the fact the thread is about PvP (which it isnt), I totally agree. I've been playing the char and dueling and TWing with it for almost 2 years.

Even if you dont personally think this to be true, I have a clue what AS used to do, lol.
    edited April 2013

If the class isnt needed or wanted in squads, and isnt as good of a DD, its not MY shortcomings. b:chuckle

You spoke about PVE or clearly RT is **** for refuse to take some class in squad for PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2013
    You spoke about PVE or clearly RT is **** for refuse to take some class in squad for PVP.

Idk the person that wrote that is from RT. I will give you that it is basicly true for RT. If you truely read what I wrote, it concerns my switching from a Mystic as my main to a Psy. You must take everything in the context of the part of the conversation in which it was written, or confusion like this will be dominate on the forums. *shrugs*

EDIT: I went back and looked. Guess what? They are from Harshlands!
    edited April 2013
    /facepalm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2013
    /facepalm...

Yeah, anyways...There are a good number of players that play on more than 1 server. It stands to reason their opinions would not change very much as they deside which one they are going to play on today.

There may be slight necessary differences when it comes to whether they will be on a PvP or PvE server today, but prejudices are prejudices - and one doesnt switch them out very often, unless they are a psychopath.

Ive felt my Mystic getting weaker and weaker from around level 85 onward. I spent almost 2 years fighting the prejudices. I play games to have fun, and not to beat my char's head up against a brick wall. I'm not fighting it anymore.

Since I will never be the best of anything due to a limitation on the level of gears I can afford, I must find a way to have fun in order to stay with the game. Giving up my Mystic, in the face of such overwhelming adversity, is the choice I have made.

I think the trick here is to never let a char get to endgame in this game. At least that's what Im shooting for with my Psy. If it doesnt work...okay. At least I tried. b:pleased

This thing with AS is not that big of a deal in the big scheme of things - just the catalyst for my finally letting the char collect dust.
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Almost every single post you make shows your ignorance to playing a mystic properly- or any class for that matter.

This thread is about lv 11/10 AS- psys have DoT's affected in the same exact way- your argument for a catalyst is moot.

You're limited by gear? what makes you think a low geared psy has better survivability than a low geared mystic?

People don't have prejudice against mystics, they have prejudice against people who don't know how to contribute their squad with a mystic.

Not getting to endgame seems like a legit idea- seeing as how most of the content is there.
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    in reality you will have more attack levels than the enemy's defense level since both g16/r9 give 100-ish attack lvl w/jones hence new L11 AS does more damage. if you are <g15 and expect to oppose something like this http://pwcalc.com/f44cca8be063321d then you need a reality check.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    in reality you will have more attack levels than the enemy's defense level since both g16/r9 give 100-ish attack lvl w/jones hence new L11 AS does more damage. if you are <g15 and expect to oppose something like this http://pwcalc.com/f44cca8be063321d then you need a reality check.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with people saying as long as you have higher Attack levels than the enemy's defence level you essentially will do more damage with level 11 AS. I have already tested, and it is proven, that I do less damage when a person (e.g. a Psy in white voodoo) has defence level.

The whole point of this thread is to **IGNORE DEFENCE LEVELS** during PVP. Almost every person I PK against has defence level, and absorb soul ignored that factor, but now it has changed because Level 11 includes defence levels as a factor now.

And a point to your "reality check". About a year 1/2 ago I was a mystic who was partly r8 recast with a +10 Sinranbansho against a full r9 psychic in white voodoo(r9rr didn't exist yet) who was full JOSD +10/11.

Triple spark absorb soul one shot that psychic.

So please, for others who will comment on this thread, stop talking about Attack VS. Def levels because I clearly know how it works. I want to know if it is worth it to switch cultivations in order to reset back to level 10 AS. But as someone already mentioned above she already one shots every decked on AA in her server (R9rr +12) with equal gear; that has already given me my answer.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sorry, but I disagree with people saying as long as you have higher Attack levels than the enemy's defence level you essentially will do more damage with level 11 AS. I have already tested, and it is proven, that I do less damage when a person (e.g. a Psy in white voodoo) has defence level.

The whole point of this thread is to **IGNORE DEFENCE LEVELS** during PVP. Almost every person I PK against has defence level, and absorb soul ignored that factor, but now it has changed because Level 11 includes defence levels as a factor now.

And a point to your "reality check". About a year 1/2 ago I was a mystic who was partly r8 recast with a +10 Sinranbansho against a full r9 psychic in white voodoo(r9rr didn't exist yet) who was full JOSD +10/11.

Triple spark absorb soul one shot that psychic.

So please, for others who will comment on this thread, stop talking about Attack VS. Def levels because I clearly know how it works. I want to know if it is worth it to switch cultivations in order to reset back to level 10 AS. But as someone already mentioned above she already one shots every decked on AA in her server (R9rr +12) with equal gear; that has already given me my answer.

(Although i still didn't understood exactly what gear u have, though u said at one point u ave 87 atk lvls so...)
    And you are seriously considering nurfing yourself just for a certain buff for a certain class? Is your server only composed of psys that stay in white voodoo all day? And that mystic talking above was talking about lvl 11 AS... But hey it's your character do whatever u want with it.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Do you have more attack levels than your opponent has defense levels?

If yes, current absorb soul is more damage than before because it now takes attack and defense levels into account. If not then congratulations on fighting one of those rare opponents that has managed to break past the gap that normally exists between attack and defense levels. If they're doing that, though,, odds are they have enough pdef for the change to not matter all that much.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited April 2013
    klys wrote: »
    Almost every single post you make shows your ignorance to playing a mystic properly- or any class for that matter.

This thread is about lv 11/10 AS- psys have DoT's affected in the same exact way- your argument for a catalyst is moot.

You're limited by gear? what makes you think a low geared psy has better survivability than a low geared mystic?

People don't have prejudice against mystics, they have prejudice against people who don't know how to contribute their squad with a mystic.

Not getting to endgame seems like a legit idea- seeing as how most of the content is there.

Im not going address any of your rediculous insults, klys. Although your effort to appear intelligently glib is noted. It is also noted that you epicly fail at the task.

Just to touch on my new point about you - Do you really think there is more content at endgame than there is before? Really??

Only an FC product would be silly enough to claim that. b:chuckle

Enjoy your healing Mystic and its endgame fun! Im going to enjoy my new chars instead.

Laters... b:bye

P.S. Since your entire post is sarcastic garbage meant to stroke your own ego at my expense; I have no reason to believe you were being 'genuine' when you wrote that last line.
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Your powers of comprehension.....

idk

your troll level has reached a point i can't compete with

i hope the psy forum enjoys you as much as i have
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is your server only composed of psys that stay in white voodoo all day?

Yes. There are a bunch of r9rr psys on HL that NEVER leave white voodoo unless they're IG'd or they severely outnumber/outgear their opponent. I'm not kidding.

@klys- The general consensus of the mystic forums is "yes, she really is that dumb". I don't bother most of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please don't mind brilliance. She's the most pathetic excuse for a mystic on this game with absolutely no knowledge of anything relevant. Just thought you all should know. It's nice to see other people who agree with me on these forums about how fail she is and while she IS a member of our server, let it be known that she is not a good representitive of mystics. My alt is a mystic and I know more about it than her who's been playing it for a lot longer. Apologies for yet another RT ******!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    (Although i still didn't understood exactly what gear u have, though u said at one point u ave 87 atk lvls so...)
    And you are seriously considering nurfing yourself just for a certain buff for a certain class? Is your server only composed of psys that stay in white voodoo all day? And that mystic talking above was talking about lvl 11 AS... But hey it's your character do whatever u want with it.

Yes I know she has level 11 buff, which is why I'm not changing culti's anymore. And absorb soul is used for more than Psychics, I was just mainly using them as the most obvious example.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »

If yes, current absorb soul is more damage than before because it now takes attack and defense levels into account. If not then congratulations on fighting one of those rare opponents that has managed to break past the gap that normally exists between attack and defense levels. If they're doing that, though,, odds are they have enough pdef for the change to not matter all that much.

Yes, the whole point of this thread was to compete with decked out AA's with full JOSD. In addition, if their main shards are JOSD, pdef on them is low.
    edited April 2013

Yes, the whole point of this thread was to compete with decked out AA's with full JOSD. In addition, if their main shards are JOSD, pdef on them is low.

Pretty much what Chevalier said, if the opponent have 20 defense levels and me 60, I won't say ''Yesss lucky me I have level 11 AS'', I would have probably one shot him with a level 10 anyway.

When I fight a opponent that have 100 defense levels, my little 60 attack levels will do nothing.

When I do 400 damages with NW+RG+AS on a AA, I would like to have the choice to ignore defense levels.

People should have got the choice of want they want for a skill that change from ignoring defense levels to counting them (and attack levels).

A option to unlearn skills levels would not be that bad, people that want to keep level 11 can feel free to do and people that would want level 10 would be able to do as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Pretty much what Chevalier said, if the opponent have 20 defense levels and me 60, I won't say ''Yesss lucky me I have level 11 AS'', I would have probably one shot him with a level 10 anyway.

When I fight a opponent that have 100 defense levels, my little 60 attack levels will do nothing.

When I do 400 damages with NW+RG+AS on a AA, I would like to have the choice to ignore defense levels.

People should have got the choice of want they want for a skill that change from ignoring defense levels to counting them (and attack levels).

A option to unlearn skills levels would not be that bad, people that want to keep level 11 can feel free to do and people that would want level 11 would be able to do as well.

Exactly what Bella said. I honestly would CS to unlearn a skill. <- oh look an opportunity to make $$ PWI!!
    edited April 2013
    Please don't mind brilliance. She's the most pathetic excuse for a mystic on this game with absolutely no knowledge of anything relevant. Just thought you all should know. It's nice to see other people who agree with me on these forums about how fail she is and while she IS a member of our server, let it be known that she is not a good representitive of mystics. My alt is a mystic and I know more about it than her who's been playing it for a lot longer. Apologies for yet another RT ******!b:victory

Thanks Bhav and Eoria. You are such nice peeps. Its no wonder there are hundreds of new players on PWI and on RT, with such fine attitudes as yours. Thanks for saving me money now too.

Can I submit a ticket to get the last few bucks I spent back, you think? You're smart people, can someone do that?

Sweetiebot, can people get a refund when they finally figure out the people that play PWI (or at least the attention seekers) help make an otherwise great game the worst ever and totally unattractive?

Oh wait, nevermind. Ya'll are just simply all thats left. b:chuckle
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sweetiebot, can people get a refund when they finally figure out the people that play PWI (or at least the attention seekers) help make an otherwise great game the worst ever and totally unattractive?
    I agree. I believe in a relationship with God. I believe God is very alive, and that he wants to talk to us. I believe that God speaks. I have a relationship with God, but not a religion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sorry, but I disagree with people saying as long as you have higher Attack levels than the enemy's defence level you essentially will do more damage with level 11 AS. thats a fact.
    I have already tested, and it is proven, that I do less damage when a person (e.g. a Psy in white voodoo) has defence level. white psy has MORE def lvl than your attack lvl

I want to know if it is worth it to switch cultivations in order to reset back to level 10 AS. if you dont plan on gearing up then be free to switch culti
    But as someone already mentioned above she already one shots every decked on AA in her server (R9rr +12) with equal gear; that has already given me my answer.

this
    When I fight a opponent that have 100 defense levels, my little 60 attack levels will do nothing. are those 100 def lvl opponents white psy or non-psys?

red replies
    edited April 2013
    Does other class then psy can get over 100 defense levels? Yes:

http://pwcalc.com/41203ce95e6e33e7
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Seekers can too. Quite easily in fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
    edited April 2013
    Seekers can too. Quite easily in fact.

The point of showing mystic was to pick a AA class without defense levels buff.

The point of that discussion is AS used on AA, seeker are not AA as far as I know are they?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Good luck killing a monster like that if u have crappy gear. Even with lvl 10 AS, u shouldn't even have the time to cast it.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
    edited April 2013
    Good luck killing a monster like that if u have crappy gear. Even with lvl 10 AS, u shouldn't even have the time to cast it.

I fought a mystic that is R9 really well refine/shard and I wasn't able to take her down true, but she wasn't able to kill me as well, if my AS was ignoring def level then maybe I would have got a chance.

Same with veno, I maybe can't kill a R9rr veno with my ''****'' gears, but they can't kill me as well.

But the point is yes people can have 100 defense level and +.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Kinda have to agree, really, unless said OP mystic is just really bad. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited April 2013
    Kinda have to agree, really, unless said OP mystic is just really bad. b:surrender

95% of mystic are really bad. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    this

red replies

As I said before, and if you didn't delete the bottom part of my response, that this thread is about **IGNORING DEFENCE LEVELS**.

I don't care about people with low defence levels. As I have said again and again I am trying to compete with AA's with decked out in JOSD. The fact that I do more damage with level 11 AS if I have more attack levels than defence levels is irrelevant. In addition, I am planning on R9RR for mystic so I won't be changing culti's unless it turns out level 10 is better when I reach that point.