Mystic video soloing fire/wood/metal warsong pav.

Options
2»

Comments

• Vladinia - Harshlands
    Vladinia - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lyrinx123 wrote: »
    hi i am one o those who is a 101 mystic, untill this week i had goldtt90 arms n feet, r8 chest n legs, sky demon nekkie, tm69 robe and warsong hat all around +5 n sarded with perfects. my hp was good but my p def was 1700 ish unbuffed. I have had my mystic as main for 1 year lvl'd up slowly..3 months back i tried solo ws pav's n again with a similar gear'd cleric. It was only when i went with a 'pro' geared cleric who tanked the head that i had any luck. now i have g16 wand, feet n g15 arms..when refined etc i will try again. not everyone can afford to put rl money into game n for some o us it takes longer to get geared up to decent lvl. i been 100 since october it has taken me this long to improve what little i have. I really appreciate bella doing this and i appreciate her advice n regularly read forums to try learn new stuff. im not a noob but neither am i 'pro' just a average player who plays in their spare time. Neither have i yet finished my culti n got my 100 skills...her vid was for people like me ty bella

+1b:cute
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You can't do it with r8 or g16/g15, and you come to these forums to get advice regularly? Why do you think i started posting? Did you even read the rest of the thread?
    Those are all rhetorical questions.
    Go away troll, and stop bumping threads that are over.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You welcome guys. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I just wanted to say that threads are not "over" until it has been more than a month since the last reply. Anyone is allowed to appreciate or not appreciate Bella's video and say as much, so long as the replies do not break forum rules. Please do not attempt to derail the threads with flames, thank you.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • klys
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I respond to people who directly address me- especially ones who do so with asinine posts.
    I'm not derailing jack.
    I sure hope that last sentence of yours was directed at the troll alts in this thread and not at me. The difference between logical advice and "flames" is quite clear.
  • lyrinx123
    lyrinx123 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    You can't do it with r8 or g16/g15, and you come to these forums to get advice regularly? Why do you think i started posting? Did you even read the rest of the thread?
    Those are all rhetorical questions.
    Go away troll, and stop bumping threads that are over.

ummm.. why u start attacking me?..i mearly state my situation..obviously it my technique i need to improve n i will (thanx to vids posted i have something to work with) i always thought it was my gear AND my technique b:surrender
    i have learnt more from forums than from anyone else esp thanx to the prevalant attitude that even most mystics i have met have (i was told that unless r9 i wld nvr be able to solo fc was 1 comment -roflmao) ...lets keep learning n improving and prove that attitude wrong .. mystics can be pro they can b complicated to play correctly esp if like me ur not a 'natural' at gaming (i have even known really good players that quit their mystics cos too hard, yet they master every other class) but damn mystics are fun.. any other class i wlda gotten bored with by now
  • klys
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Read the first sentence of the post directly above yours.
  • Lyrynx - Momaganon
    Lyrynx - Momaganon Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i wonder how many friends u really have...must be difficult with your attitude n that chip on ya shoulder
    i can see my time is wasted responding to you n attempting to help u to open ur eyes and mind that not everyone is like u, n just cos they not doesnt mean they fail
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sweetiebot award oVenusArmanio 10 points
    Sweetiebot award Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands 10 points

nuff said >.>
    it should be because it is.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sweetiebot award oVenusArmanio 10 points
    Sweetiebot award Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands 10 points
    I see that you are asking about cats.

Did you know that cats don't use their voice's natural frequency range to verbally communicate feelings such as affection, anger, hunger, boredom, happiness and fear - this would be inaudible to humans as this frequency is much lower than humans can hear? Some researchers believe cats may have learned we can't hear them in their natural range and have adapted so they can relate to us on our terms.

If you would rather have a normal SweetieBot message reply with: SweetieBot stop showing me cat facts.
    If you would like to see more cat facts type: SweetieBot I want more cat facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well this is too good to pass up.

SweetieBot I want more cat facts!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot I want more cat facts!
    I see that you are asking about cats.

Did you know that the average lifespan of an outdoor-only cat is about 3 to 5 years while an indoor-only cat can live 16 years or much longer?

If you would rather have a normal SweetieBot message reply with: SweetieBot stop showing me cat facts.
    If you would like to see more cat facts type: SweetieBot I want more cat facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ok yes, probably doing it in full R8 would have made more sense. But Warsong belt? That's a somewhat "standard" equip nowadays with those belts being dirt cheap. It's not "herp derp non-newb gear" because even idiots have that belt (and iirc, can't you farm the belt in that instance anyways? but thats besides the point) Whether the technique is "correct" or not so long as it's a guaranteed method that works even in slight lag I'm all for it. All I want is an example of different people doing it-unfortunately ya'll are sage and I'm demon so the chi generating will have to come from apoth most likely (even though I have nearly all the demon skills, including the applicable one such as Demon Bramble Tornado, Demon Thicket, Demon NV/SM, Demon Gale and demon pets.)b:cry No luff for demon mystics. We have better spike damage so I suppose this should be easier though I haven't touched warsong in ages ;-;

I'm MUCH better geared than the OP's video example for "normal" people, but my technique was all wrong. I figured out I wasnt timing it correctly. Sorry that people have lives, school, work and jobs to not figure out this stuff is SOOO EASSSSY. Videos help as a starting point and through practice, better methods can be found. I'm not saying the OP's vid is good or bad technique wise because clearly she's not about technique it's how safely she can do it in the gear that yields a more "normal" HP count that most mystics might have. Its not so much "HERP DERP YOU HAZ R8 OMGGG OP" because R8 is super easy to get now (for really, if you can't even get R8 I think you need to go home and uninstall) so criticizing for having a R8 anything is silly imo. And the same goes for criticizing about the Warsong belt, which even on my dead server is only around 30-40 mil tops (and I got mine back in the day when it was 60 non-CSing.) But its the HP thats the main point I think. I myself even with N2 Gears, Ence Scar, Cape of Cloudcharger, Warsong Belt etc. only hit about 5.6k ish unbuffed. Granted I live a lot longer but even my HP worries me.

Yes, I'm probably fail, but considering I have to take breaks on and off from the game and I go to school full time and work part-time, I think it's acceptable for me to not be super instantaneous omg-l33t pro like I used to be. I'm rusty (this being my main) so whats wrong with looking for different ways of doing it from other people to compare? Anyways ty for the vids (both OP and klys) its a good starting/reference point.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    unfortunately ya'll are sage and I'm demon so the chi generating will have to come from apoth most likely (even though I have nearly all the demon skills, including the applicable one such as Demon Bramble Tornado, Demon Thicket, Demon NV/SM, Demon Gale and demon pets.)b:cry No luff for demon mystics. We have better spike damage so I suppose this should be easier though I haven't touched warsong in ages ;-;

You have ****ing Demon Break in the Clouds. Use it, ******n. O.o;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ya'll are sage and I'm demon so the chi generating will have to come from apoth most likely (even though I have nearly all the demon skills, including the applicable one such as Demon Bramble Tornado, Demon Thicket, Demon NV/SM, Demon Gale and demon pets.)b:cry No luff for demon mystics. We have better spike damage so I suppose this should be easier though I haven't touched warsong in ages ;-;

Mhm I didn't used it in the video, but you can use cloud eruption (genie skill to get chi), you can use white tea or god's tea as well.

In the video I also don't use gale force, I personally keep my chi for sleep and thicket the head, but some people group mobs and use gale force, I think it's a personal choice.

Some people also use summon to keep head away, which don't cost chi. I personally don't like that method, but it work for some people.

These day it's not that hard to get 6k hp, but people can ask if someone in the squad can get barb buff (usually on HL even if we run without barb someone log one for buff), you can use a blinking poultice, a runes giving hp or base buffs (by the runes craft skill or Morai Luminance I think), base buff stay for one hour so you don't have to worry that it ran off before solo def pav are done.

In all case the best to do for people that are not sure is to practice it when waiting for bh snake/cannon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Thank you so much for this. Someone was asking me and my in game wife (she's a psy) how to do solos as a mystic since we're both casters and we were both like uuuuuuuhhhh I don't have one. I found this and just sent him the link and it made my job much easier.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes