Can A Seeker Solo Harpy Wraith

2»

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well i want to have a farming toon and i like barbs more than BMs and Sins. I am actually gonna make a new barb and leave this one sage with minimal dex. Could as well make a sin or BM, but barbs are just too cute.....
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bolocactu wrote: »
    What is up with all this aps craze?

what's with all the aps hate? If a barb knows how to play his build there will be no headaches for my bm that has been suffering all this time with barbs that don't know how to TANK! Tanking isn't just taking blows... it's dealing enough damage also to keep those who should not take those blows away from them. This is still my biggest beef against those sage meatheads even with panda form in my server.

If aps keeps the damage away from me so I can be a better dd and squad stays alive then so be it. Nearly all of the barbs in my fl are demon, not all of them are aps but I'd rather pick em in squad because I've had enough of these meathead sages that can't pull aggro away from me even if i'm passing it to them like a baton in a relay
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I solo'd harpy on my wiz self buffed, don't see any reason why a seeker couldn't do it lol.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I solo'd harpy on my wiz self buffed, don't see any reason why a seeker couldn't do it lol.

I'm sorry, I missed the part where that's relevant to whether or not a Seeker can do it. b:chuckle
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    I'm sorry, I missed the part where that's relevant to whether or not a Seeker can do it. b:chuckle

I think it'd be pretty safe to say that if an AA class can solo it self buffed, a HA class could certainly could find a way to do it. My post assumes the reader has some basic knowledge about the game.. I didn't think I'd have to spell it out for anyone (I guess I shouldn't be surprised judging by several of your past comments lol)
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have tried twice now,
    first time I got her to around 60%,
    second time I got her to around 40% hp.
    My gear is R9 T3, my refines were mostly +7 with two of those being +10
    Now I am full +10, I'll have to try again xD
    All I can say is, get ready for a lengthy battle,
    Also, we don't need to triple spark so often,
    Sage QPQ + Sage blade Affinity will take care of a lot of the debuffs,
    timing will be needed on the blade affinity. You can spark off the rest,
    Or use an apoth...
    I'll try see if my comp can handle recording the fights, I'm not really trying
    hard, I've just been bored those times I tried it xD
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have tried twice now,
    first time I got her to around 60%,
    second time I got her to around 40% hp.
    My gear is R9 T3, my refines were mostly +7 with two of those being +10
    Now I am full +10, I'll have to try again xD
    All I can say is, get ready for a lengthy battle,
    Also, we don't need to triple spark so often,
    Sage QPQ + Sage blade Affinity will take care of a lot of the debuffs,
    timing will be needed on the blade affinity. You can spark off the rest,
    Or use an apoth...
    I'll try see if my comp can handle recording the fights, I'm not really trying
    hard, I've just been bored those times I tried it xD
    too bad you cant take the debuff from MQ boss now or you would have soloed it with R8 like IHaxJoo claims :0 R8 to R9 T3 is a HUGE jump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    akosireann wrote: »
    what's with all the aps hate? If a barb knows how to play his build there will be no headaches for my bm that has been suffering all this time with barbs that don't know how to TANK! Tanking isn't just taking blows... it's dealing enough damage also to keep those who should not take those blows away from them. This is still my biggest beef against those sage meatheads even with panda form in my server.

If aps keeps the damage away from me so I can be a better dd and squad stays alive then so be it. Nearly all of the barbs in my fl are demon, not all of them are aps but I'd rather pick em in squad because I've had enough of these meathead sages that can't pull aggro away from me even if i'm passing it to them like a baton in a relay

Aps is for sins and bms. Stop going off topic, if you want to debate aps then create a new thread.
    I might be black
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think it'd be pretty safe to say that if an AA class can solo it self buffed, a HA class could certainly could find a way to do it. My post assumes the reader has some basic knowledge about the game.. I didn't think I'd have to spell it out for anyone (I guess I shouldn't be surprised judging by several of your past comments lol)

I'm not surprised I have to explain this, considering some of your past comments... but whether or not a Wizard can solo Harpy Wraith is irrelevant to whether or not a Seeker can, regardless of class limitations or advantages. Once you get to end game the "AA is weaker than HA" dispute becomes irrelevant as well due to the sheer amount of defenses everyone is able to get at that level of gear.

"Hurr dur me am solo on Wizzeh so am can do on Seeker tu"

Different classes, different gear, different setups. Irrelevant is the only word to describe your post, especially seeing as you offered nothing of value to help the OP figure out how it could be done or what might be useful on their genie when attempting it.

I'm gonna just take your high horse away now, you can have it back once you stop being an ignorant moron.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    I'm not surprised I have to explain this, considering some of your past comments... but whether or not a Wizard can solo Harpy Wraith is irrelevant to whether or not a Seeker can, regardless of class limitations or advantages. Once you get to end game the "AA is weaker than HA" dispute becomes irrelevant as well due to the sheer amount of defenses everyone is able to get at that level of gear.

"Hurr dur me am solo on Wizzeh so am can do on Seeker tu"

Different classes, different gear, different setups. Irrelevant is the only word to describe your post, especially seeing as you offered nothing of value to help the OP figure out how it could be done or what might be useful on their genie when attempting it.

I'm gonna just take your high horse away now, you can have it back once you stop being an ignorant moron.

I don't think there is any question that a seeker is better equipped to soloing a boss like harpy than a wiz is.. if you are arguing against that, well then you probably aren't the brightest crayon in the box. With a little deductive reasoning it is easy to see that if a wiz is able to do it self buffed, there is little question that a seeker could also do it (most likely self buffed, but almost positively with full buffs). For future reference, you should probably lay off the word "irrelevant", and if you have ever heard of the expression "it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt," this would be the ideal time for you to take it to heart.

Just sayin' b:cute
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now Now Kiddies, what have a said about that naughty corner?
    Behave, the both of you! although I do have to say that I am on Zan's side with this one. :3

but for real, I will send you both to that naughty corner to sit in silence and contemplate your wrong doings. >.>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Naughty corner
    Silence
    ....????
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Now Now Kiddies, what have a said about that naughty corner?
    Behave, the both of you! although I do have to say that I am on Zan's side with this one. :3

but for real, I will send you both to that naughty corner to sit in silence and contemplate your wrong doings. >.>.

I would never in a million years have guessed that friends would back each other up.. o wait that's exactly what they do. b:chuckle Showing your support does nothing to help his case :D
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    I would never in a million years have guessed that friends would back each other up.. o wait. b:chuckle

Problem? :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Problem? :3

Nope, just "irrelevant" b:pleased
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Nope, just "irrelevant" b:pleased

Good Good, I'm glad you can see what you said in that light, cause it was pretty irrelevant! :D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Good Good, I'm glad you can see what you said in that light, cause it was pretty irrelevant! :D.

irrelevant to what exactly? :o
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ....siiiiiiiiigh and then my paper got derailed again.
    @ the whole Andriot thing::
    I don't even care and I didn't read the whole conversation blabber, but I'm going to say that:
    Sure, if someone's super high cash bought armour end game, they can do just about everything end-game equally as good as another armour type(well I don't know about LA since LA sucks but whatever). Because end-game armour is on another tier altogether than PvE. The PvP tier aka high level armour like r9rrr just smacks PvE in the face. I mean there's a reason Sunniest(r9rrr +12 psy and those +2 def level stones) for instance can pull an entire PV valley and live.

But out of context if you're talking about like 90% of the rest of the game or some number I just pulled out of nowhere that's really high, it made it look like you said 'anything an AA can tank an HA can tank' which is a dumbass thing to say since if there's a magic boss (like Pyro or all the 59 bosses, well before a patch a long while ago anyway) someone that's AA and has like 10K magic def buffed is going to be able to solo that better than someone that's HA and has like 5K magic def buffed, despite HP difference. I mean there's a reason people have wizzies tank in 59, when they're actually playing through the game with armour other than PvP tier.
    But yes it is true that if you take the functionality of the armour types and put them as fractions*and then I used percents instead*, then HA would be about 150%, AA would be about 129% and LA would be about 109% (sorry to the bmy that made that thread if those numbers are slightily wrong, I can't be bothered to go read it again, ahaha~) so HA does just generally have more defense by the time you add all the practicality up. ...but its screwed over by all the addons AAs get so it doesn't even matter if you're talking about r9.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would never in a million years have guessed that friends would back each other up.. o wait that's exactly what they do. b:chuckle Showing your support does nothing to help his case :D

Just like trying to belittle her support due to our friendship does nothing to help your cause. What I said was valid and needs no support from Zheii in the first place, though I very much appreciate her taking my side. With or without her it holds true, though since you seem to think differently how about instead of trying to pick apart her support you actually rebut my statement and prove that Wizards soloing is relevant to this thread. Oh? What's that? You say you can't? Hmm. Well, okay then, guess that settles it. Now we can get back on topic.

Or would you like to go to the Purify Spell thread where we can sit and debate about the proc and then have you be proven wrong on every level time and time again due to the sheer amount of ignorance you possess? Your call, either way I'm gonna let this get back on topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Just like trying to belittle her support due to our friendship does nothing to help your cause. What I said was valid and needs no support from Zheii in the first place, though I very much appreciate her taking my side. With or without her it holds true, though since you seem to think differently how about instead of trying to pick apart her support you actually rebut my statement and prove that Wizards soloing is relevant to this thread. Oh? What's that? You say you can't? Hmm. Well, okay then, guess that settles it. Now we can get back on topic.

Or would you like to go to the Purify Spell thread where we can sit and debate about the proc and then have you be proven wrong on every level time and time again due to the sheer amount of ignorance you possess? Your call, either way I'm gonna let this get back on topic.

I responded to you already.. ignoring my response and claiming victory/trying to change the subject isn't a very effective way to save face imo. b:chuckle
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    I responded to you already.. ignoring my response and claiming victory/trying to change the subject isn't a very effective way to save face imo. b:chuckle

No disrespect but Zanryu is right. Your post was irrelevant to this thread. I didn't ask about wizards, I asked about seekers.
    I might be black
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013

No disrespect but Zanryu is right. Your post was irrelevant to this thread. I didn't ask about wizards, I asked about seekers.

So if you asked if a full +12 josd seeker could solo harpy, and I were to say that I solo'd it on a full +10 3rd nv seeker, you couldn't use that information to deduce that clearly a full +12 josd seeker could solo harpy as well? This is the same exact argument I have laid out, but instead of the assumption being full +12 josd being better equipped to solo harpy than a full +10 nv seeker, it is comparing a self buffed wiz to a seeker (who could potentially have better gear than me and buffs). For those that cannot reason, yes a seeker can easily solo harpy wraith given sufficient gear/preparation/knowledge of the class. It's like I have to dumb down my posts to a 3rd grade level so people can understand.. how disappointing.
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    So if you asked if a full +12 josd seeker could solo harpy, and I were to say that I solo'd it on a full +10 3rd nv seeker, you couldn't use that information to deduce that clearly a full +12 josd seeker could solo harpy as well? This is the same exact argument I have laid out, but instead of the assumption being full +12 josd being better equipped to solo harpy than a full +10 nv seeker, it is comparing a self buffed wiz to a seeker (who could potentially have better gear than me and buffs). For those that cannot reason, yes a seeker can easily solo harpy wraith given sufficient gear/preparation/knowledge of the class. It's like I have to dumb down my posts to a 3rd grade level so people can understand.. how disappointing.

So you're saying I talk at a third grade level? Get back on topic instead of trying to insult people because you know you've lost the argument.
    I might be black
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    SweetieBot please give bolocactu 5 points for being correct :3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    So you're saying I talk at a third grade level? Get back on topic instead of trying to insult people because you know you've lost the argument.

Can't tell if you finally understand what I have been saying all along and trying to change the subject or still clueless.

I must say that I'm surprised these points are so difficult to understand, am I alone in thinking they were fairly straightforward/common sense.. or did I not articulate my thoughts effectively?
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    Can't tell if you finally understand what I have been saying all along and trying to change the subject or still clueless.

I must say that I'm surprised these points are so difficult to understand, am I alone in thinking they were fairly straightforward/common sense.. or did I not articulate my thoughts effectively?

Why won't you get back on topic instead of arguing about a meaningless topic. Get over it. You're constantly trying to prove your point and to be honest I don't really care.

Sweetiebot take 2 points from Adroit - Lost City for being off topic.
    I might be black
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Think this topic has reached the point where it needs to be closed now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
This discussion has been closed.