edited December 2013 in General Discussion
b:victoryMy level 26 archer soloed krixxix.b:victoryb:laugh
I might be black
Post edited by bolocactu on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Depends on the gear/skill/resources of the individual/party.
    Some bosses are outright ridiculous (like the 3-X TeeTee bosses), but still manageable if you're adequately geared and prepared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • TooLOVELY - Heavens Tear
    TooLOVELY - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, despite that most bosses were tweaked to be more difficult.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Depends on your skill, level, and gear.

The higher those are, the easier bosses become. On the other hand, the bosses do tend to be at least slightly difficult if fought with the gear average that they were designed in mind with... but that, in and of itself, is hard to get to because our gear standards have increased a good deal. Even lower levels get freebie gears that put them well above what was expected for a few years ago.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Depends on your skill, level, and gear.

The higher those are, the easier bosses become. On the other hand, the bosses do tend to be at least slightly difficult if fought with the gear average that they were designed in mind with... but that, in and of itself, is hard to get to because our gear standards have increased a good deal. Even lower levels get freebie gears that put them well above what was expected for a few years ago.

i used dreamchaser armor
    I might be black
  • opkossy
    edited March 2013
    bolocactu wrote: »
    i used dreamchaser armor

Yeah... that's above the curve for what was expected or even considered for the boss' original design.

Heck, Elder's Blessing gives you gear at level 1 that's comparable to 3X gear when it's around which makes everything prior to that a total cakewalk even if you have no skill at all. And that's before taking into account facebook blessings or the new buffs and so on.

That said, congrats on doing it as it still would take at least a bit of knowing what you're doing (or massive abuse of pots/charm. Either or) to do that solo and self-buffed for an archer.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Krixx when agro'd at range will spam a weak single target water spell. Pretty much any low level ranged character with decentish gear will have no problem solo'ing it, especially with good pots or a charm. Arcane in particular will have an easy time.

However, krixx at melee range is a completely different story xD
  • opkossy
    edited March 2013

Haha. Good times when the barbs knew to get away and let the casters tank in various cases like Krixx.
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    Krixx when agro'd at range will spam a weak single target water spell. Pretty much any low level ranged character with decentish gear will have no problem solo'ing it, especially with good pots or a charm. Arcane in particular will have an easy time.

ik he killed me twice at melee rangeb:surrender
    I might be black
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes: I'm tired of idiots who hit BH Aba boss during it's buffs, and derpa melee's on BH SoT being able to eventually succeed. There should be no second chances for those sins that die on SnakeFist. Players are too easy on fail players: they'll risk a near squad wipe where multiple people lose kill just to save boss kill for stupid sin that made themselves useless.

If I have time; I go for the wave 3 squads on BH RB day because the quality of players tends to be that much better.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    Yes: I'm tired of idiots who hit BH Aba boss during it's buffs, and derpa melee's on BH SoT being able to eventually succeed. There should be no second chances for those sins that die on SnakeFist. Players are too easy on fail players: they'll risk a near squad wipe where multiple people lose kill just to save boss kill for stupid sin that made themselves useless.

If I have time; I go for the wave 3 squads on BH RB day because the quality of players tends to be that much better.

what are you talking about
    I might be black
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What needed to be said has already been said, but I would like to add that some bosses go into what I call "PMS" mode and just obliterate your team, even if you have god like gear.
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    What needed to be said has already been said, but I would like to add that some bosses go into what I call "PMS" mode and just obliterate your team, even if you have god like gear.

at first it seemed like krixxix was healing his self because every time i got hime past 23k he would go to 24k or 25k then after awhile it stopped happening then i killed him
    I might be black
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah grats but that isnt that huge of a success, especially in the dreamchaser gear. They have made a lot of the bosses easier though.

I fought suzerix on my undergeared cleric solo and won pretty quickly, when he used to take a lot more effort. They have messed up a lot of the bosses.

Btw, mantavip....+1 if you still call him that.
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    Yeah grats but that isnt that huge of a success, especially in the dreamchaser gear. They have made a lot of the bosses easier though.

I fought suzerix on my undergeared cleric solo and won pretty quickly, when he used to take a lot more effort. They have messed up a lot of the bosses.

Btw, mantavip....+1 if you still call him that.

Q_Q it took me 30 minutes to kill him and your telling me I did it for nothingb:cryb:surrenderb:cry
    I might be black
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Q_Q it took me 30 minutes to kill him and your telling me I did it for nothingb:cryb:surrenderb:cry

I assume you did it for a quest, so it wasnt for nothing. I let my cuddly pup kill krix sometimes for amusement. I dont even have to heal it. :D
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    I assume you did it for a quest, so it wasnt for nothing. I let my cuddly pup kill krix sometimes for amusement. I dont even have to heal it. :D

No I did it to prove a point to Ichigo_K and to other people. I did it at level 26 so no It wasn't for a quest.b:cry
    I might be black
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    No I did it to prove a point to Ichigo_K and to other people. I did it at level 26 so no It wasn't for a quest.b:cry

Ah ok....well..if you had fun it wasnt pointless?
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    Ah ok....well..if you had fun it wasnt pointless?

I spent 80k on arrows I couldn't use so yeah. The first time I ran out of arrows. The second time he killed me with melee. The third time he killed me with melee. The fourth time everyone was there and I kicked Krixxix's ***. So it wasn't fun.b:victoryb:cryb:surrender
    I might be black
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They get harder when you level up. Try soloing the bosses you have to do for your cultivation in the 50s to 70s range or so. :)

And then when you are level 100 and start getting the real gear, you can go back to soloing bosses again :)
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Warsong is notorious for this...

One time the wood boss went insane and AoE'd my party for ridiculous damage. I took over 600 million damage in full recast r9. Someone in my party took over 1000 million damage. Then there was the time the incacerate spawned hundreds of copies of the snakefist add. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Warsong is notorious for this...

One time the wood boss went insane and AoE'd my party for ridiculous damage. I took over 600 million damage in full recast r9. Someone in my party took over 1000 million damage. Then there was the time the incacerate spawned hundreds of copies of the snakefist add. b:shocked
    One boss I absolutely HATE going up against is the elemental immune boss in advanced endless universe... that boss tears me a new one everytime I have to be near him, and my gear, nor skill is lacking. (At least not in my opinion... and a few of the better players on server)... That boss seriously is painful to face... its the only one that I have fought that I am unable to tank that I have tried tanking. (Granted I haven't ever fought the bigger world bosses like harpy wraith... but something tells me I would live longer on harpy wraith than I do against the ele immune boss in aeu. Don't tell me to split it up... I know that needs to be done... it still hits like a truck and then some, no matter what character I am on. Also it may not even be just me... it could be somethinga bit more comple like the cleric either sucking badly, or being unable to heal multiple people while still keeping me the tank alive.

---- That aside... (and to make a sad attempt to get it back on topic)

You did die 4 times or so from teh sounds of it... so maybe it wasnt as easy as you first made it sound, but either way grats, and good job on showing those... headstrong people who are set in their ways that it can be done with a bit of knowledge and perseverance. Too many people are way too stubborn and set in what they think is needed for this or that, which is truly frustrating. (especially considering my barbs hp... and its/my ability to outtank so many barbs in far better gear/hp.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not only is dreamchaser gear well above what bosses were designed to be fought with at those levels... bosses such as Krixxix and Id say up to around 50-ish +/-10 levels were also severely nerfed to be a lot easier than when i first faced them back in 2010...

in any case... kudos to you b:victory, ill allow you to savor the epeen boost... that will not last long once you get to the end game b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Most bosses tend to be pretty easy for my main. The challenge arises when you do big pulls in Warsong with a slow cleric, or bad squad mates. The only bosses that seem to be a challenge are a couple bosses in squad mode Lunar and a couple bosses in 3-3. It takes a well-geared squad to get through those bosses. Or, at least a good tank and a decent squad.

I've also found that a lot of what one defines as hard or challenging, another can find super easy and not hard at all. A lot of it happens to be poor squad coordination, bad gear, members afking, members not knowing their class, etc. It's normally not that the instance/boss is too hard. It may be hard for them, but for a better coordinated squad, it may be quite easy.

So, yes there is still a little challenge PvE-wise left in the game. But really, a lot of the instances should get some "hard mode" so they give that challenge back to the well-geared players.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    Not only is dreamchaser gear well above what bosses were designed to be fought with at those levels... bosses such as Krixxix and Id say up to around 50-ish +/-10 levels were also severely nerfed to be a lot easier than when i first faced them back in 2010...

in any case... kudos to you b:victory, ill allow you to savor the epeen boost... that will not last long once you get to the end game b:chuckle

Q_Q I am sad nowb:cryb:cryb:cry
    I might be black
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Eyes of the Crimson Beyond, now there was a fun boss. So many wipes b:laugh
    Khewy
    Jewelscalen

Do these bosses in a squad of "at level range" and have a blast.
    General Feng is fun too.
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    I've soloed Khewy before with my lvl 54 seeker so he's not that tough.
    I might be black
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    (Granted I haven't ever fought the bigger world bosses like harpy wraith... but something tells me I would live longer on harpy wraith than I do against the ele immune boss in aeu.

Harpy Wraith isn't bad at all b:pleased
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Do the divine contract bosses which you can get for your level. E.g. those in wolf totem valley or east of tellus city. They are REALLY op, even full squads in your level range will have a hard time to defeat them.
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I spent 80k on arrows I couldn't use so yeah. The first time I ran out of arrows. The second time he killed me with melee. The third time he killed me with melee. The fourth time everyone was there and I kicked Krixxix's ***. So it wasn't fun.b:victoryb:cryb:surrender

You did it only for a show up and didn't even have fun? It was pointless then. Espacially that you lost so many arrows. At low lvl 80k is lots especially with the DQ npc prices decreased.

Also the show up was kinda pointless - you have had dreamchaser gear and probably the daily HP charm equiped. With this the boss is not a big deal even for a low lvl. At least on range.
    But good for you. You got some practice so you won't be afraid of bosses in the future - personally I hate when people ask for help with a easy boss their lvl before even trying to hit it themselves.

Just remember - most world map bosses are easy or decent to kill (except some of them and except World Bosses - they are pain and can 1 hit even a high lvl player) but cave (BH, FB) bosses can be real pain. As a archer you should let the more tank classes to tank boss even if you think you can "easly tank it" - it can be easy for you but not so easy for healers to keep you alive especially if you make a aggro ping-pong with the tank. You may hit harder than the barb, bm or seeker so learn how to control your aggro - take off your att blessing, use normal att instead of spamming skills and if your att is still too strong - stop for a few secs to let tak grab aggro again. If you take aggro on a aoe boss he might come to you and aoe kill everyone around you - so keep it in mind. If you take aggro you can make a squad wipe even if you are able to survive.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    b:victoryMy level 26 archer soloed krixxix.b:victoryb:laugh

Let us look at Kill Dark Adalwolf Lord quest :
    "Quest Info

Level: 32+"

And why had you killed those poor boss and for what quest ?

Better try to kill Wyvern at bh51, Damned Gaurnob at bh69 at proper level range and tell us, how you did it.
This discussion has been closed.