No love for new characters

2»

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Add they take away the Jone's Blessing to the list.
    Not that you really "need" one anyway. We played without them for a long time.

Not to mention, it hasn't been "taken away" they are having an issue with the delivery system and are supposedly working on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Reflections is nice too

Reflections is an absolute godsend for people who want to hit 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Only if they are merchants and have their PC running 24/7 anyways. Actually, if they are merchants, they may prefer to have 2 catshops standing when they dont play instead of a catshop and a relecting char.....

Other than that, it encourages them to have their PC running for an extra 6 hours or so at lets say 300W power consumption for a total of almost 2KWh. Costs them an extra 0.50$ per day. And of course not only is it half a dollar per day, its also useless energy consumption, not something we should aspire to in todays world i would say. And PWI doesnt even make money on it. Therefore, it seems to me like the most **** idea ever.
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Add they take away the Jone's Blessing to the list.

Nuuuuuuuuuuu they did not take it away O_o!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Only if they are merchants and have their PC running 24/7 anyways. Actually, if they are merchants, they may prefer to have 2 catshops standing when they dont play instead of a catshop and a relecting char.....

Other than that, it encourages them to have their PC running for an extra 6 hours or so at lets say 300W power consumption for a total of almost 2KWh. Costs them an extra 0.50$ per day. And of course not only is it half a dollar per day, its also useless energy consumption, not something we should aspire to in todays world i would say. And PWI doesnt even make money on it. Therefore, it seems to me like the most **** idea ever.
    This is why I run my two catshops on a little mini-PC that barely uses 75 watts, and leave the monitor off.

Also, you can set your toon in reflection as a catshop. Double-Win! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    imrite wrote: »
    Player use to buy 3 perfect Hammer to open them up all pwi did was lose money in taking them away

Three? You only need 2 perfect hammers for the supply stash: one for 50 stash (gets you the General Summer's perfect weapon), and one for 80 (gets you the +1% crit Christmas Tome).

Neither of which is worth 5 gold, even adding in the other loot for the 50-80 stashes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If we actually gave enough of a **** to reach out to our new players on a personal level, we could tell them "hey, you don't have to do that ****, you can play the game like it was intended and have fun with it." But nope. It's powerlevel, buy your broken gears, PVP a bit, get bored, quit. That's all this game is to most newbies anymore, because no one gives enough of a **** to help them.

Just look at OP. Three pages of this thread, and not one person even thought to tell him/her that you can do perfectly fine without the frankly OP Dreamchaser set or even the Supply Stash weapons. Are we helping newbies here, or are we just complaining that we lost our magical box of early-game OP stuff which we never needed anyway?

(Not a criticism of you, Mraochan, just the whole thread really)

None taken, no worries. I don't mind criticism anyways ^^ But I will reflect on what you said. I actually did fb19 for the OP a few weeks ago. I see a lot of people on LC ask for help with culti 49, so I help them with that too. If they seem reasonable and tolerable at all, I add them to friend list and tell them to ask me about anything anytime.

I'm like you Miugre, I believe a new player should play the game through (once at least) the way it was intended. I believe that would lead to more players knowing how to play the game well.

But from their perspective, they see people selling FC in WC all day and night, and see people standing around in godly gear, they're bound to get curious and ask someone about it. If they find out they can afford to level fast, the next thing they think about is whether they can get good gear, lo and behold, there's all the gear and packs and OP stuff they could want, easily available in cash shop.

Before packs and everything, we didn't have a choice. If you were lucky enough to be able to get in zhen squads, that was the equivalent of FC and hypers lol. Personally I would love it if the game were rolled back to that point in time, but I really doubt it will happen, even on a private server. b:thanks