No love for new characters

bolocactu
bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
First you take away supply stash for no apparent reason then you take away dreamchaser pack. They need the weapons those packs gave them. All I have to say is why.....why would you take away supply stash. WHY PWI?!?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?! Q_Qb:cry
I might be black
Post edited by bolocactu on

Comments

• Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah I agree about the supply stashes, they have been around a long, long time. Definitely missed that stuff on my latest alt.

In all honesty though, it is easier and faster for the average player to get to 60 now than ever before.

But yeah, why did they take out supply stash? Anyone know? Some problem in China?

b:question
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Don't ya just love {PWE/c} pulling stuff out from underneath their International branches of Perfect World...

Not to mention the DQ-item DeValues & PK in SP aswell....b:chuckle

They're so Thoughtful...b:thanksb:flowerb:laugh

b:victory
  • Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear
    Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a notice on Facebook from PWI Today that links another Dreamchaser pack promotion on Twitter, 500 more codes released today.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dreamchaser packs should be at least a perm gift when creating a new character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is SO much easier to level nowadays than it used to be, I don't think it's that big of a deal to take away Supply Stashes, or even the packs (and yes, I mean without power-leveling with frost). I used to do World Quest every day to level my archer because I had done every single quest already that I could, I don't even think people bother with WQ anymore b:chuckle
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a notice on Facebook from PWI Today that links another Dreamchaser pack promotion on Twitter, 500 more codes released today.

Gone within 5 minutes. I saw that half an hour after it was posted and was far too late. Everyone knows about the packs now and codes vanish almost before they go up. Free blinking poultice's, tele's, teleport stone's, GS's and 1 and 2 star orbs is pretty sweet for 30 seconds copy pasting a code to their redeem page. Some players who see the code go up will grab packs on 3-4+ accounts.

As such very few of the packs ever reach the hands of a new player who would find genuine use for them. Not even sure what purpose they serve anymore.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is SO much easier to level nowadays than it used to be, I don't think it's that big of a deal to take away Supply Stashes, or even the packs (and yes, I mean without power-leveling with frost). I used to do World Quest every day to level my archer because I had done every single quest already that I could, I don't even think people bother with WQ anymore b:chuckle

I still WQ. Its the only quest i can walk away from and cook dinner and come back and not worry about dying. It has a decent exp reward too.
  • __Conn - Archosaur
    __Conn - Archosaur Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As such very few of the packs ever reach the hands of a new player who would find genuine use for them. Not even sure what purpose they serve anymore.
    I got a friend in my school to play this game (so hes new) and the next day, he showed me an email from PWI. I didnt really bother reading it but when i quickly glanced at it, I could tell that it was some reward for beginners. I can remember that it said 'We know how hard it is starting in a new game, so here's some stuff to help you!' I really cant remember though.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Supply stash was apparently remove by mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Yeah.

Those timed weps were helpful, even if the dissaspeared shortly TT_TT.

And the christmass bless wasn't so bad, although some tomes were cheaper to get tho.

But the free pots really were good :3

And them elder blessing armors were nice too :3
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Really I could use that for my mystic. b:cute
  • Seileach - Archosaur
    Seileach - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013

If it was removed by mistake, it would have been fixed by now.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If it was removed by mistake, it would have been fixed by now.

They already said when it will be back. Plus blame people that abused the glitch for the dreamchaser pack ''remove''.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They already said when it will be back. Plus blame people that abused the glitch for the dreamchaser pack ''remove''.

There was never a "remove". They release a certain number of packs to be redeemed per code I believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    There was never a "remove". They release a certain number of packs to be redeemed per code I believe.
    Given the history of PWE, there would have been no acutal limit. Besides, the same code was given to everyone.

Yes, it was removed completely when it was discovered that individuals were cheating to get hundreds or even thousands of the packs.

It should return in a couple weeks with the expansion, which has already been stated by GM's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah.

Those timed weps were helpful, even if the dissaspeared shortly TT_TT.

And the christmass bless wasn't so bad, although some tomes were cheaper to get tho.

But the free pots really were good :3

And them elder blessing armors were nice too :3

A time long, long ago, the weapons were not timed and were Permanent. And during that time, there were many many low levels and deemed the cost of a Perfect Hammer justifiable.
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A time long, long ago, the weapons were not timed and were Permanent. And during that time, there were many many low levels and deemed the cost of a Perfect Hammer justifiable.

I remember that.

*Le sign*

b:cry
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    Vespin - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know I would do anything to get the perm weapons again cause then you could actually survive with decent damage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey folks,

So you know, the supply stash will be coming back soon. It was mistakenly removed, and we pushed to get it fixed. You'll be seeing it for new characters again shortly!

As for the Dreamchaser kit, we have occasional random giveaways, and we'll be having another big Dreamchaser drive coming up before too long!

So stay tuned, and follow us on Twitter and Facebook if you want to hear the latest on the Dreamchaser giveaways!

- Val
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks,

So you know, the supply stash will be coming back soon. It was mistakenly removed, and we pushed to get it fixed. You'll be seeing it for new characters again shortly!

As for the Dreamchaser kit, we have occasional random giveaways, and we'll be having another big Dreamchaser drive coming up before too long!

So stay tuned, and follow us on Twitter and Facebook if you want to hear the latest on the Dreamchaser giveaways!

- Val

nice. here's to hoping that they take off the time limit on them. i hate time limited stuff. lol
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I still WQ. Its the only quest i can walk away from and cook dinner and come back and not worry about dying. It has a decent exp reward too.

after 4 hours of doing the wq..i can rack up more with brain orbs and other dumb **** lol..wq is for desperate people.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Cellerus - Archosaur
    Cellerus - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    after 4 hours of doing the wq..i can rack up more with brain orbs and other dumb **** lol..wq is for desperate people.

Or semi afk people

Reflections is nice too
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    TY to all who replied, and to v4liance for an official reply! My apologies for not using search function!

P.S. I still have my permanent lvl 50 stash sword b:chuckle
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited March 2013

If it takes you 4 hours to do WQ you are doing something wrong. I can go afk with WQ and was the only quest you could do that before reflection. WQ also gives me a reason to check the screen every now and again while reflection does not. The point of WQ is so i dont have to be sitting at the computer or i can be doing other stuff. I can have one account doing WQ while i do instances on the other. It gives fairly decent exp for little to no work.
  • bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    TY to all who replied, and to v4liance for an official reply! My apologies for not using search function!

P.S. I still have my permanent lvl 50 stash sword b:chuckle

Q_Q you cant say thank u this is my thread so I say it............Thank You guys for replyingb:victory
    I might be black
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ya know, EVERYONE seems to think that "it is SO much easier to level up a character to 60 these days"... and it is, IF you know what stuff you need to do in order to make that happen... you all seem to forget your first times walking through this game apparently...

I know plenty of people i had to tell about the supply stash to go back and get that (and some of them had already npc'd it b:cry )...

hell, I was walking around without a genie i think till level 20 my first time through... and it wasnt till sometime later that i knew what zeal was for...

and the venos' "lure skill"... took even more time to know that it wasnt a skill at all, just a mechanic of the aggro/pet/master set up to be utilized properly... that was, after i finally got around to making a veno some months after i started...

But for brand spanking new people on their first character... NOT so easy to do anything their first time through, and god forbid they also never played an mmo before b:shocked

Now add to this, good bye supply stash (even though it is not actually "needed", as the beginning end of the game can most certainly be done the way it was designed)...

The part that IS actually bad, is the dq drop loot coin values... Once a new player sees the prices of legendary gear for low levels and takes a look at their very empty pockets... good bye new player base that even might have been...

b:surprised b:angry b:bye <= new players' reactions im sure, and specifically in that order
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    @ Apostasy: I'll never forget my first time walking thru pw, because even tho I was a total nab, it was the best time! I guess I could say I'm of the opinion that new players should learn to play the game the way you and I did, but hey, it's a different game now, and what are they supposed to think when they see people selling FC in WC all day?

It took me 3 weeks to get to 40 in April 2009. Looking back on it, I thought I did pretty well for a new player. I didn't know about supply stash till 40. Genies didn't exist until I was 40. No autopath. No BH, PV, or AFK leveling of course either.

Recently I was looking at some "famous old-school" LC people's core connect. The way I understand it, many of the first people on LC came over from MY/CN. Anyways I found one that got to 60 in 11 days. b:shocked

Just as a time reference, that was before hercs and nixes and pretty much anything existed lol. Those people knew some stuff from the previous version. Imagine pve TW with all 4x, must have been awesome!

As you brought up, anyone that has played and understands an mmo before also has some advantage. I totally agree on the DQ price thing, that started a long time ago too. 3k coins doesn't seem game-breaking. I know CN has bot problems but damn.

BTW... not taking sides, just thinking out loud b:chuckle

@bolocactu: Beat you to it b:laugh
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    @ Apostasy: I'll never forget my first time walking thru pw, because even tho I was a total nab, it was the best time! I guess I could say I'm of the opinion that new players should learn to play the game the way you and I did, but hey, it's a different game now, and what are they supposed to think when they see people selling FC in WC all day?
    If we actually gave enough of a **** to reach out to our new players on a personal level, we could tell them "hey, you don't have to do that ****, you can play the game like it was intended and have fun with it." But nope. It's powerlevel, buy your broken gears, PVP a bit, get bored, quit. That's all this game is to most newbies anymore, because no one gives enough of a **** to help them.

Just look at OP. Three pages of this thread, and not one person even thought to tell him/her that you can do perfectly fine without the frankly OP Dreamchaser set or even the Supply Stash weapons. Are we helping newbies here, or are we just complaining that we lost our magical box of early-game OP stuff which we never needed anyway?

(Not a criticism of you, Mraochan, just the whole thread really)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Tulipia - Dreamweaver
    Tulipia - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Add they take away the Jone's Blessing to the list.
  • imrite
    imrite Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Player use to buy 3 perfect Hammer to open them up all pwi did was lose money in taking them away