What Vindicate don't realise...

Options
_Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary
_Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Twilight Temple (West)
This is not a QQ thread, so don't tune out!

Vindicate don't realise that with spawnkilling, people will spend less and less money on TW. This money could be invested in a different aspect of the character, such as gear (R9, R99, R999) and skills. Now, with Vindicate's current Spawnkilling rate, this is happening right now! And I don't think people are annoyed by Vindi's spawnkill. It's just the benevolent "Trolls" that annoy us, and I think we all have a few names.

Tankster out!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R8 101 Barb - Deleted by PWI. Customer care = 10/10!
Post edited by _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Wyborn - Sanctuary
    Wyborn - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ok... so you're saying that if Vindicate didn't spawn kill, more people would bid on TW, which would result in people having crappier gears because they are spending money on bids...

Well, in case you didn't know, the majority of the TW bids are refunded to the bidder... b:cute
  • Alusion - Harshlands
    Alusion - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    OP never said the word bid.. I think he's more referring to the participants of the TW not buying as much charms and apoc stuffs, as the outcome of the TW against vindi wont differ much anyway
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think people failed to realize that Vindicate never asked its members to spawn kill during TW. Those were individual actions, but once people starting to QQ about it, more members end up doing it because it annoys the enemies. b:surrender
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    Rfskkirby - Sanctuary Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    come at us bro we aint scared
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wait, I don't get it. More people not spending money on temporary items, while the faction itself is still getting and disbursing money from existing land ownership, somehow equals them not bothering to gear up? They have more money, why wouldn't they gear up? What else are they going to spend it on? The long TWs are the things that actually leech the most money out of a faction's ability to gear up.
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    So is the spawn killing now... gotcha. That's just 1 of the dozen things ppl would come up with to put the blame on us, not really a fix.

I enjoy Nation Wars very much. There's more ppl online for this than tw can ever fit. And by this I mean 80+ so to many ppl TW is not the main weekend event anymore. TW committment goes both ways so avoiding it's not hurting Vindicate's side more than their own. I also thought this to be old news but there's always other means to getting tw fun with alts, etc.

Btw I agree with you 100%. TW does cost a lot of money that could be going towards gear, fashion, flyers, lovers, PK, business or even wasting it on useless stuff. So in a way I'm happy that I'm saving up too.

Same old vicious circle.

b:sleep
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You're saying this like Vindis are the only ones who spawnkill. b:chuckle
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    looooooooooool where the hell you all come up with all these crazy ideas.. this is so funny b:laugh b:laugh
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    here we go again b:surrenderb:surrender
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wait, I don't get it. More people not spending money on temporary items, while the faction itself is still getting and disbursing money from existing land ownership, somehow equals them not bothering to gear up? They have more money, why wouldn't they gear up? What else are they going to spend it on? The long TWs are the things that actually leech the most money out of a faction's ability to gear up.

FASHION MOUNT AND FLYER b:dirty
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    really only important things in game, tbh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary
    Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Spawn kill b:cry b:cry b:cry

Pls
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I dunno but the people who spend the big money will hardly be found in factions that allow to get excessively spawn killed. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I dunno but the people who spend the big money will hardly be found in factions that allow to get excessively spawn killed. b:chuckle

Which wud be anywhere but vindicate ^^

but I dun agree, if I had r999 +12 josd gear I wud like to test my gear and challenge myself, the winning faction wud be the last place I'd wanna be, there's no challenge, u basically have ur gear for nuttin

maybe thats just me tho :) Id rather be challenged than hide in a winning group fighting ppl we'd beat even if I were afk for the whole thing.

Ur probably right tho, that does seem to be the mentallity on sanctuary, which is fine with me, its a PvE server on a super casual hardly competitive game, everyone plays the game their own way b:chuckle
    super mega interresting:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1582121
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

but I dun agree, if I had r999 +12 josd gear I wud like to test my gear and challenge myself, the winning faction wud be the last place I'd wanna be, there's no challenge, u basically have ur gear for nuttin

maybe thats just me tho :) Id rather be challenged than hide in a winning group fighting ppl we'd beat even if I were afk for the whole thing.

Ur probably right tho, that does seem to be the mentallity on sanctuary, which is fine with me, its a PvE server on a super casual hardly competitive game, everyone plays the game their own way b:chuckle

this^......
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

One obvious exception though: imagine if you had a static squad. One where everyone has the exact same focus on PK, one where everyone is willing to practice with the rest of the squad, co-ordinate genie skill use for spikes, and everyone went in fully prepped in all aspects. With such a squad, I wouldn't give a damn what we were against; I would find places where we were faced with the greatest disadvantage. But if you could manage a 16 vs 8 and win, would you really care if you were in the winning faction or not?

This is why I don't give a **** about TW. Until people are spending 3 hours+ a day and focusing their gear and genies to maximize squad potential, who really gives a **** about anything else?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    What Vindi does or doesn't do doesn't matter worth a **** to me. I haven't TWed against Vindi in a long time, if ever. b:sweat
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    To summarize everything.

Vindicate focuses on spawn killing so they can have money to buy more fashion and mount. And the faction as a whole have static squads with good gears, focusing on a common goal and working together, coordinating together, works 3 hours a day on gears and skills, and able to go 8 vs 16.

b:shocked
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    One obvious exception though: imagine if you had a static squad. One where everyone has the exact same focus on PK, one where everyone is willing to practice with the rest of the squad, co-ordinate genie skill use for spikes, and everyone went in fully prepped in all aspects. With such a squad, I wouldn't give a damn what we were against;

so ino i cut your quote there and im not trying to twist your words but its cut there b/c up to there is a pretty good description of what alot of vindi's do/did... (and im sure there are ppl in other fac too who would like to do similar but i really dont see many - granted gear is a large barrier)

I agree w/ the idea about trying to face challenging opponents but if your faction became the most powerful would you just leave? 2 years ago my immediate answer to that question would be yes, so long as my squad comes w/ me, and we leave on good terms.

is not that simple though.

alternatively if every1 else on server just got better(gear/skill/cashshop/coordination idc any and all) that would be best solution n_n.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ^ What he is trying to say is... after 2+ years playing together with some of the people, he can't leave by himself. Unless he took a bunch of the people with him, then this would end up being the same thing again, just a different faction name, but same people.
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Faceroll is buying me r999 b:shy b:thanks

lolol jk, ur right tho, but well...u know ;p

people are slowly catching up gearwise, but im afraid by the time they get there there's something new already b:chuckle

the ball is really in PWE's court, but it wud be horrible for business to give us what we want so u cant exactly expect them to do something like that, tho I do feel the G16 coming out and bein very accessible was a big step in the right direction, now we need affordable gems and refines b:chuckle

As for the spawkilling, ball is also in PWE's court, dont blame the players that choose to spawnkill, blame the game that gives the players a choice :)
    super mega interresting:
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    All these excuses smh if you don't want to make TW interesting/want to chance losing, then so be it, but don't give these **** excuses why...
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    the ball is really in PWE's court, but it wud be horrible for business to give us what we want so u cant exactly expect them to do something like that, tho I do feel the G16 coming out and bein very accessible was a big step in the right direction, now we need affordable gems and refines b:chuckle

^ that. if the gap in power of r93 were not so wide.....

lemme just say if they removed attack and defense levels from the 2 current sets of endgame, we would have waaaay more competition. as soon as att/def lvls entered the realm of being the central focus of your gear, it was a lost cause.

that being said i think, by my own experience, that vindicate would still be in the same position if that type of leveling of the playing field were to happen.

its only gonna get worse though, looking at the recent additions to the game on the other side of the ocean, [power creep] is just going to continue to spiral out of control.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ^ that. if the gap in power of r93 were not so wide.....

lemme just say if they removed attack and defense levels from the 2 current sets of endgame, we would have waaaay more competition.

if u didnt have the atk/def lvls u wouldnt bother with R9 on half of the character classes and as far as competitive. u can be as competitive as you want but if u want binkys and security blankets go play a disney game. b:bye
    edited March 2013
    Options
    if u didnt have the atk/def lvls u wouldnt bother with R9 on half of the character classes and as far as competitive. u can be as competitive as you want but if u want binkys and security blankets go play a disney game. b:bye

you miss the point completely.

prior to r9, what was the TW gearset? nirvana stage 2. directly farmable in game, also cash shoppable. both methods usable to gear up in a decent amount of time. difference in power to tt99/lunar, nowhere near as wide as g16 r93.

i have r9 myself, half bought and the other half farmed the hard way in game. same for my refines and i've been learning to merch better with my my experienced friends. i dont require a binky or a blanky, this is a game and TW is something i do to have fun with my friends and faction while on vent/skype.

the competition would be better, because then we would have to rely and train in the use of, THE REST OF THE OPTIONS LEFT IN GAME. pots/genie/cahrms/ apoth you name it~! i'm a vindi, they ain't no set of gods sitting atop a mountain. the people i have met in vindi for the most part, have put in a lot of work to be good in this game. they have taken whatever options were available to them to get what they envisioned and they have fun with it.

but here you are speaking of ppl needing security blankets instead of a competitive environment. the only competition nowadays is who can merch/swipe a card/ farm a +12[insert gear here] before who. the competitive field is narrowed to ONLY the people who obtain top 10% gear and max refines/shards. the gap between THEM and everyone else is insane. att/def levels take a GOOD DEAL of skill out of playing, purify on weapons (especially wizzy weapons.... i'm staring at your faceroll QQ) are strategic but a bit annoying to encounter(even though i have one).

where as before, shards and refines were the major separation between players, we now add cash shopped gear(entire sets not just orna's and capes/helms) to this.
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    tbh the r999 is whatever, the set bonus hella broken as always, but the armor itself is meh...

the refines and gems are what makes the real difference, but like Ive previously said, ball is in PWE's court, its rly their choice to play around with this and if they dun want to it aint happening b:chuckle
    super mega interresting:
    edited March 2013
    Options
    tbh the r999 is whatever, the set bonus hella broken as always, but the armor itself is meh...

the refines and gems are what makes the real difference, but like Ive previously said, ball is in PWE's court, its rly their choice to play around with this and if they dun want to it aint happening b:chuckle

i dunno man, that r93 set bonus is just.....b:surrender
  • ____BM____ - Sanctuary
    ____BM____ - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Are people really still complaining about r999? >.>

Just go farm it/cash shop it whatever... it's not that hard to do, people just being lazy and feel like QQ'ing b:sad

So what if it's broken? Go get the broken armor yourself b:chuckle
    Yes certain parts might be a little more broken that others but still b:chuckle stop the QQ b:laugh
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Are people really still complaining about r999? >.>

Just go farm it/cash shop it whatever... it's not that hard to do, people just being lazy and feel like QQ'ing b:sad

So what if it's broken? Go get the broken armor yourself b:chuckle
    Yes certain parts might be a little more broken that others but still b:chuckle stop the QQ b:laugh

the QQ been stopped a page ago. this is an actual non-qq discussion atm.
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sweetiebot please forum ban all the vindicate haters for me