Sanctuary's TW State, Do what Heavens Tear did

Options
jndjsn
jndjsn Posts: 32 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Twilight Temple (West)
We all know Vindicate is sanc number 1 faction atm and maybe even strongest faction in PWI (Debatable but not going to get into it). few months back Heavens Tear server made a super faction called Trolololol to defeat (at the time the "unbeatable faction") GoldDigrz.

I applaud them for that, the server took the initiative and wasnt lazy in order to take down the number 1 faction, now you may ask what good is taking 1 land? well the good is if the same happens in sanctuary vindicate might separate into another faction not saying they will completing be destroyed but separated maybe? just maybe even making a new faction, and another baby faction will be born from the "SuperFaction" that was build to take down vindicate

. This game has pushed itself into more of a PVP oriented mmorpg, so that's why i believe a big change needs to happen. I'm sure vindicate would love this and maybe even some would leave vindi in order to join this super faction, after all is spending thousands of $ and hundreds of hours farming,waking up/ staying late at night in NW for OP gear for a 30 minute(lg) or a 15 minute (enelysion) roll worth it?
Post edited by jndjsn on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Psh, it was only 9 minutes.

This has been tried in the past with varying levels of success (remember Steel?). It doesn't work long-term because it requires a large number of OP people who get along with each other. Most people on the server have their people that they like and dislike built in already.

Joining a faction for the sole purpose of winning at TW... isn't a very good reason to join a faction. You want to be with people you like hanging out with the other 6 days of the week that aren't TW.
  • jndjsn
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Psh, it was only 9 minutes.

This has been tried in the past with varying levels of success (remember Steel?). It doesn't work long-term because it requires a large number of OP people who get along with each other. Most people on the server have their people that they like and dislike built in already.

Joining a faction for the sole purpose of winning at TW... isn't a very good reason to join a faction. You want to be with people you like hanging out with the other 6 days of the week that aren't TW.

Good point, for future posters any idea on how to fix this servers broken TW's is much appreciatedb:shy looks like the only people getting decent TW is kaku and raventail.
  • Lolegi - Sanctuary
    Lolegi - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Have PWI remove sunday night NW and add sunday "PVE Gear TW". Also remove the amount of times a faction can be attacked from 7 to 1. so goes like this

Friday: Regular TW ( Attack and Defend)
    Saturday: Nation Wars
    Sunday: PVE Gear TW: no matter the faction everyone has a equal gear shard and refine (this TW has a seperate map)

I know for sure im ganna get alot of hate on this post xD but just my opinion might be cool if pwi did that
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    the main reason of vindi's dominating power lies within a group of friends, if u take these away from vindi n put m anywhere else the roles wud just reversed so it wudnt solve anything.

This said I personally dont really see TW as something that can be taken serious so I just use that time so have fun in my own way, but this also leads to me not really minding that the TWs are so incredibly one sided.

If they do wanna somehow solve the TW imbalance I think there'd be only 1 option, which is reducing the influence of the most dominant players be increasing the total amount of players in the TW, with which they'd also have to increase the total amount of members to a faction. This will never happen tho cuz of 2 things

1. Ever since the 1st bday of PWI the amount of players on sanctuary seems to have been reduced significantly, so much so that people have alts in 3-4 different ''TW factions''. This meaning that there are not enuff people interrested in TW on Sanctuary to make this happen.

2. There will always be people that wanna be in a position of 'power' so they seemingly have proven something which leaves them entitled to trashtalk others (or so they think). This meaning that they'll join a winning faction so they too are winners, even tho they dont actually contribute in any significant way.

These 2 reasons will make it so that the mentioned solution will never work. So that leaves the solution many players wud love but simply wont (mabye cant?) happen which is to merge servers to boost population and TW activity.
    super mega interresting:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1582121
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    Rfskkirby - Sanctuary Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Maybe factions should just stop showing up to vindicate TWs and to not let vindicate have fun in TW which would cause them to be frustrated and be broken apart from the inside. That was Legendary's plan, they ended up breaking their own factionb:laughb:chuckleb:laugh
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    My god, more vindicate trash talk. Really?

Also, use paragraphs. That block is just unreadable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options

how bout mine? :3 did I do good? :D

also kirby, I totally kicked ur butt back there, u need sum ice for that lip? yepyepyep b:chuckleb:coolb:sin
    super mega interresting:
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    Rfskkirby - Sanctuary Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    what ever! need ice for your black eyeb:shocked
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    that was a nasty punch b:sad

lets share that pack of ice b:mischievous b:laugh
    super mega interresting:
  • jndjsn
    edited March 2013
    Options

Fixed for the veno nobody knowsb:bye
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    jndjsn wrote: »
    Fixed for the veno nobody knowsb:bye

Ohai Malta?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Bruutjes - Sanctuary
    Bruutjes - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    b:sweat and it begins again
  • Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary
    Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Ohai Malta?

i would think the same in your pants, but no, not me
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i know one person who have that power to destroy a faction, he call By_uL he totaly destroyed the old nef from inside b:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    jndjsn wrote: »
    We all know Vindicate is sanc number 1 faction atm and maybe even strongest faction in PWI (Debatable but not going to get into it). few months back Heavens Tear server made a super faction called Trolololol to defeat (at the time the "unbeatable faction") GoldDigrz.

I applaud them for that, the server took the initiative and wasnt lazy in order to take down the number 1 faction, now you may ask what good is taking 1 land? well the good is if the same happens in sanctuary vindicate might separate into another faction not saying they will completing be destroyed but separated maybe? just maybe even making a new faction, and another baby faction will be born from the "SuperFaction" that was build to take down vindicate

. This game has pushed itself into more of a PVP oriented mmorpg, so that's why i believe a big change needs to happen. I'm sure vindicate would love this and maybe even some would leave vindi in order to join this super faction, after all is spending thousands of $ and hundreds of hours farming,waking up/ staying late at night in NW for OP gear for a 30 minute(lg) or a 15 minute (enelysion) roll worth it?
    See the thing is, its already happened. The only thing different is, that the "super faction" made to flush out the other factions turned out to be vindicate. o.o Vindi was loosing alot of lands for a good while and no one said anything about those factions that sat on land without much of a challenge, or those that gained land not only with their main fac but also their alt fac. So here it is, super fac vindi to wipe them out ;O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No guy, you got it all wrong. Vindi is here to rid Sanc. of tyrannical LG rule. Look at them with their 5 lands belonging to their alt that no one even dares to touch. But don't worry Sanc., Vindi is here to eliminate that greedy no good faction and restore peace to our home server once and for all. Yes, we are truly the savior of Sanc., please love us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No guy, you got it all wrong. Vindi is here to rid Sanc. of tyrannical LG rule. Look at them with their 5 lands belonging to their alt that no one even dares to touch. But don't worry Sanc., Vindi is here to eliminate that greedy no good faction and restore peace to our home server once and for all. Yes, we are truly the savior of Sanc., please love us.

You're saying something that's the complete opposite
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Pointless.

I don't remember Vindi harassing smaller factions of the map just so they would fill themselves with cash, alt factions excluded, they do deserve to be erased and have no space on tw map. There's plenty of other fac that will avoid real fights as long as possible only if they can take smaller fac's lands to fill their pockets, without Vindi, Tw would be non-existent on the server.

When LG was winning tws nobody wanted to make any super-duper factions to fight LG even tho their attitude is way worse to neutrals than Vindis has ever been, snap, makes me wanna remember LG thrash threatening to XY faction's leader by erasing them of map if they touch BabyLG or LG lands again, dun remember Vindi giving a **** if ppl attack Vindicate, VindiCake or whoever fac ppl took for Vindi alt facs.

Thats why I don't understand why would Kaku, Solace etc break their own faction and send their best people into this 'creation' when its not really Vindi thats any threat to them to start with.

In the end, even if people decide to make such a Factionstein, good luck fitting all your egos in one faction and make it functionable, from what i hear Vindi is all gear and no skill, but half of people taht even go to Vindi tw are like r8 or hardly better g16, but it works like a clock inside, make 80 r9rs fac and you'll still lose and after first loss half of people will leave such a faction.
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • jndjsn
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Bump D: don't want this thread to be in the b:shockeddark sideb:shocked (page 2)
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Pointless.

I don't remember Vindi harassing smaller factions of the map just so they would fill themselves with cash, alt factions excluded, they do deserve to be erased and have no space on tw map. There's plenty of other fac that will avoid real fights as long as possible only if they can take smaller fac's lands to fill their pockets, without Vindi, Tw would be non-existent on the server.

When LG was winning tws nobody wanted to make any super-duper factions to fight LG even tho their attitude is way worse to neutrals than Vindis has ever been, snap, makes me wanna remember LG thrash threatening to XY faction's leader by erasing them of map if they touch BabyLG or LG lands again, dun remember Vindi giving a **** if ppl attack Vindicate, VindiCake or whoever fac ppl took for Vindi alt facs.

Thats why I don't understand why would Kaku, Solace etc break their own faction and send their best people into this 'creation' when its not really Vindi thats any threat to them to start with.

In the end, even if people decide to make such a Factionstein, good luck fitting all your egos in one faction and make it functionable, from what i hear Vindi is all gear and no skill, but half of people taht even go to Vindi tw are like r8 or hardly better g16, but it works like a clock inside, make 80 r9rs fac and you'll still lose and after first loss half of people will leave such a faction.

Wtf have u turned into? A kiddo with trash only? Seriously, read through the whole book you just wrote and tell me you were ironic or I will just laugh at your post everytime I open this thread.

You are the one that's pointless
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You're saying something that's the complete opposite

Oh you mean Vindi is the one with alt faction hogging land on TW map and flexes its muscles when its alt faction gets attacked? Oh nvm, I didn't know that.

Wait, I forgot you suck at detecting sarcasm lol.. I don't think we're saviors but I do think LG is a faction full of self-rightous people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wtf have u turned into? A kiddo with trash only? Seriously, read through the whole book you just wrote and tell me you were ironic or I will just laugh at your post everytime I open this thread.

The only thing he pointed out are his opinions that LG deserves to be erased and their attitude. (which he is allowed to have that opinion as everyones is different anyway, not all pple think they should be wiped out) Along which thoughts on the smaller factions

The alt factions he mentioned about filling their pockets, and their actions to preserve those lands are facts tho, theres no denying that.
    If you dont like the opinions, you could say you dont agree. But if you dont like the 'facts' then its something youd have to take up with your leader so pple dont use that against you.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I attended TW's for 14-15months and in that time there were like 5-6 TWs which were balanced and went for 2+ hours. And most of them were with Regicide (when they actually had members). TWs are mostly one sided atleast the top faction ones, alot of people have good geared + good refined alts in mid tier factions for good TWs.

Let us assume a faction is made of 80 r999rs who TW against vindi and beats vindi in 20 minutes what fun will that be anyways? IMO TW is just outdated and somehow a overhall is needed to make it more balanced and fun.
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    for good TW ull have to play a P-server, tho im in no way encouraging this b:thanks
    super mega interresting:
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I attended TW's for 14-15months and in that time there were like 5-6 TWs which were balanced and went for 2+ hours. And most of them were with Regicide (when they actually had members). TWs are mostly one sided atleast the top faction ones, alot of people have good geared + good refined alts in mid tier factions for good TWs.

Let us assume a faction is made of 80 r999rs who TW against vindi and beats vindi in 20 minutes what fun will that be anyways? IMO TW is just outdated and somehow a overhall is needed to make it more balanced and fun.
    hmm i dunno.. i dont think its just vindi tho. Cause honestly i havent seen a super outrageous influx of members. Two groups, maybe 3? around the time they started taking back land. Because TW can only fit 80 max right? They've been pretty fair about filling in these spots based on signup dates, not gear quality. And it would be kinda illogical to say that all the newcomers had super gear ;0
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    hmm i dunno.. i dont think its just vindi tho. Cause honestly i havent seen a super outrageous influx of members. Two groups, maybe 3? around the time they started taking back land. Because TW can only fit 80 max right? They've been pretty fair about filling in these spots based on signup dates, not gear quality. And it would be kinda illogical to say that all the newcomers had super gear ;0

I normally wud agree b:chuckle

but I partially watched a video of their double defense and the literally caps locked all the 'noobs' out of the instance so their better players cud join b:surrender

but to each their own ofc
    super mega interresting:
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Oh you mean Vindi is the one with alt faction hogging land on TW map and flexes its muscles when its alt faction gets attacked? Oh nvm, I didn't know that.

Wait, I forgot you suck at detecting sarcasm lol.. I don't think we're saviors but I do think LG is a faction full of self-rightous people.

Wtf u talking about, I said "something" and you take it as I meant all of it

rly need everything to be specified
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

lol@kiddo part b:laugh

See if i care
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Chikers - Sanctuary
    Chikers - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

I don't usually respond nor look at pwi forums since it isn't typically anything worth responding too because people take it the wrong way or just try to turn it around on you. I will say this one thing though. The attack Kakumau made on our alt faction was a threat to double attack us with Vindicate, whether it was coordinated or not doesn't matter it was the simple fact that they for some reason wanted to relocate... Which if they really wanted to they should have asked rather than attack at a primary time to try to keep us off of Vindicate. Plus with the constant trolling attitude of Vindicate it was appealing for some people to tw against on other characters. So in the end Vindicate is a victim of their own success.

Honestly I don't really care about the politics, if everyone semi got along and stayed off of wc and was respectful to each other I wouldn't mind losing TWs as long as they lasted ~1 hr and weren't troll worthy. This being said there have been quite a few TWs that I participated where Legendary had no chance at winning unless it was a matter of losing catas and sneaking in half our forces into the base before they realized it. Vindicate used to not call code red and I remember a few times where we beat them because of that. Now because of Vindicates act to defend and also the increased crystal defense it is nearly impossible to win unless you out gear/play the other squads.

Anyway, I don't want this to be turned into a rage post but simply because I want to explain my part of how I see this game. I just wish the un-needed trash talk would disappear, yes that means coming from both sides, even though we act on telling our members not to. Constantly losing and listening to common chat in TW can be very demoralizing. So good job people out there who feed off of others unhappiness. I hope you feel good about yourself. I wish we could have some good fights that didn't involve all of the trash talk that goes along with it again some day. Until then I won't be removing those certain people from my black list.

Hardly true, the largest difference between Vindicate and Legendary is the fact that they have a lot of really well geared and really skilled people in their faction. Their less skilled people have somewhat decent gear at the least to make up for their lack of skill. Where as Legendary has less fully geared extremely skilled players, and we have fewer really skilled people that do not have the typical end game gear to match up with us. Either way Legendary has some type of bottleneck whether it's the gear or the skill, Vindicate seems to have both and if they don't they seem to have better gear then ours without the gear. This has always been the case, even though we have had a flux of archers because we lacked dd at one point, we never really had really op HA characters. Even myself I am fully recast (minus weapon) but I'm not fully sharded nor refined. You also have to remember that Legendary still technically does not have a gear requirement, the question is what you decide is endgame and that you will always act to improve.

Anyway, I'm out before someone turns this around into something negative I tried not to name or specifically bash anyone but describe some facts and opinions about my experience with TW before and currently with Vindicate.
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

I think you mis-understood my post. Cause yours don't make any sense if Quoting to my post. What I said was that most TWs over the past 15 odd months which I attended were mostly one sided, whether it be one sided in favour of Vindi or Leg it doesn't matter. One sided TW's arent fun. There were only a few which were close and exciting till the end.

And comeon what are you trying to prove? Vindi got 20-30 People where as the other top factions (Leg and Regi) have been constantly losing members, when vindi lost members they were getting hammered now leg and regi lost so many members they are getting hammered what is there to argue?

And I assume you are r999+10/12 would you prefer a challenging TW or a 10min win/loss? That is why i think there should be a change either from PWI side or from Sanctuary's player base side to make it interesting, not like anything will happen but just saying b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.