Which barebones r9+10 would be most competitive with r9+10/12 fully shaded?

124»

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzXvF54o_i8

full r9 +12 JOSD Seeker vs bezmor, WHO didn't even had full r9 gears that time :P
    Seeker has great def lvls esp with JOSD, and they got zerk crit too, but they can't do much vs a psy if psy use def charms and appropriate skills.
    I one shotted full r9 seeker with only stonesmasher lvl 100 psy skill, which was crit.... and so many other full r9 seekers, and got many times one shot by them too when they zerk crit and i'm in blackvoodoo..
    Seeker is an OP class, but can't really do much vs a sage psy with 50k+ SF, with over 13 sec stun skill ROFL. b:thanks

That Seeker hardly even tried to combo. That video can be summed up in three words.

Dem auto attacks.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ah. I see... I checked my lvl 10 qpq seeker for reference and it said 1 minute lol.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lvl 11 qpq has 30s cd

so ur actual opinion is that seekers are legit and the sa crimson fortify qpq metal zerks combo is legit mhhhh smart dude we got here, also they do this in the time a wizard channels a sandstorm
    and wizards have easy times vs seekers... just u have no idea what u talking about
    how do you bypass charm on a 30k hp 180 def lvl seeker, considering that he can just qpq back undinespark or just use soul of fire

seeker is the only class that can easily survive massive ganks, also bloodthirsty blitz used on ganks its like having a 2x last stand...

equal skills, equal gears seeker is just the op **** 1on1 aswell
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hooray for being a cleric, I purify this sorta stuff off... well no actually I don't because with qpq I'd be sealed.

One thing I'd like to train myself to do is to learn intuitively the animations and steps a seeker takes when prepping to qpq. If you can accurately predict when its coming, will surge before he qpqs. Then go for the stun/sleep/seal of your OWN... and if you do it right, the seeker is stuck with all the deadly dangerous debuffs he was about to give to you, lol! Pew Pew.

But what happens if... instead of just firing up Sacri slash and a few other debuffs in preparation for QPQing... I decide to open my attack like a Sin and use my teleport void step which (sage) has a 4 second stun to lock you up first ? :)

Then you're probably forced to blow your genie to get out and avoid what you know is coming next... which of course swings the advantage my way. b:laugh

Ultimately though your overarching point that if one is paying attention, every class is somewhat predictable, rings true. That's basically where you separate the good PVPers from the bad ones. Good players know to mix it up enough that their opponents can't just sit there "watching for signs" of what you are going to do next.

Not that I'm claiming to be "oh so hot "on my Seeker of course. I got into the class fairly late in the game and realistically still have a lot to learn. b:surrender
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    b:avoid best tip ever for pvp on any class, be unpredictable
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    b:avoid best tip ever for pvp on any class, be unpredictable

This is why I play an Arcane BM.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited February 2013

b:chuckle epic
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

made my day, also lets all just reroll ha emberstorm wizzies
  • _JlN_ - Heavens Tear
    _JlN_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for all who posted and have kept the thread going and pretty clean.
    I appreciate all the input so far.

In my opinion, not all r9 classes are over powered... there can only be one or... a few?Otherwise, it wouldn't be overpowered.

I would consider a class being overpowered for example when sins had a distinct advantage of being able to triple spark in stealth, pop out and kill.

I am lead to believe that the seeker class is pretty broken like that as you can up your defense levels/attack levels and lower the opponents defense level with the chance to crit/zerk for massive damage.

Would a seeker with no Jades be affective?

I am looking for an overpowered class because:
    I will be undergeared compared to a full endgame character and I have never pvp`d, tw or nw before and will be vastly underskilled compared to those more familiar
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    taringa181 wrote: »
    so ur actual opinion is that seekers are legit and the sa crimson fortify qpq metal zerks combo is legit mhhhh smart dude we got here, also they do this in the time a wizard channels a sandstorm
    and wizards have easy times vs seekers... just u have no idea what u talking about
    how do you bypass charm on a 30k hp 180 def lvl seeker, considering that he can just qpq back undinespark or just use soul of fire

seeker is the only class that can easily survive massive ganks, also bloodthirsty blitz used on ganks its like having a 2x last stand...

equal skills, equal gears seeker is just the op **** 1on1 aswell

Never said any of that.

Also, there are more ways to kill ppl than charm bypass, but what would you know other than crying "seeker so much sustain!1!!" when you try to spark undine (in that order lol) a dewed seeker.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sac slash on a josd R999 seeker is a lot more.

A normal R999 josd is like 85 defense level with 135 attack level.
    Seeker starts at that 85 then adds 35 def lev from sage buff and another 5 from krav maga for 125 defense lev. If they switch to omalley before sac strike thats 140 defense level. 40% of that is a 56 defense level debuff with a 28 attack level buff. Quid pro that and its a sudden swing of 84 attack levels.
    Quid Pro Quo is on a 30s cooldown and takes no chi.
    Sac slash is on a 30s cooldown and takes no chi.
    The -85% channeling instant cast buff is on a 30s cooldown and takes no chi.
    It's way too easy to derp all that together and get some BS 30k zerk crits off unsparked metal attacks.
    um...astyPOOP, you of all should know that this sort of thing RARELY ever passes in NW or TW unless someone actually gives you the unbothered time to pull it off.
    I find it kinda crappy your actually jumping on the bandwagon when you (and pple around you/us) are more than enough geared to handle such hits >.> , and very well know there are also ways to go around such skills, nevermind the fact that your archer can pretty much solo all bosses in PWI pretty efficiently as opposed to these 'OP' seeker combos that in general, arent much efficient as everyone thinks. (the targets wont sit still for you, nor will their allies just watch you nuke them like lumps on a log)

I think pple actually need to step back, and take a look at their own class skills without the greed cap on. Feels like too many pple are complaining about other class skills so they can keep the competition down. >.>

I am lead to believe that the seeker class is pretty broken like that as you can up your defense levels/attack levels and lower the opponents defense level with the chance to crit/zerk for massive damage.
    You can try it out but youll be disappointed >.> its basically like a lucky crit. With all the environmental factors involved, youd be lucky to get that+genie combo in and then pray hard for a zerk or a crit. Pple make a fuss about it cause they only remember the hits that kill or endanger them when reality is, their being hit with alot of the same combos that just dont proc.
    Would a seeker with no Jades be affective?

I am looking for an overpowered class because:
    I will be undergeared compared to a full endgame character and I have never pvp`d, tw or nw before and will be vastly underskilled compared to those more familiar
    there are 2 kinds of pple that are QQing here about this imaginary OPness >.>
    1) those that are average geared that probably are 1 shot by psy and any other classes with a good combo anyway
    and
    2) the players that are decked out who fight decked out opponents (aka you wont reach that OPness unless your among the tip of the iceberg gear)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    You can try it out but youll be disappointed >.> its basically like a lucky crit. With all the environmental factors involved, youd be lucky to get that+genie combo in and then pray hard for a zerk or a crit. Pple make a fuss about it cause they only remember the hits that kill or endanger them when reality is, their being hit with alot of the same combos that just dont proc.

You don't really have to pray very hard when you're rocking about a 1/3 crit rate b:pleased
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You don't really have to pray very hard when you're rocking about a 1/3 crit rate b:pleased

a str seeker will generally have a 1/5 crit rate.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    a str seeker will generally have a 1/5 crit rate.

I guess I was counting the ~8.5% crit from emperor and cube: defiance. Those 2 would bring it closer to 1/3