Which barebones r9+10 would be most competitive with r9+10/12 fully shaded?

_JlN_ - Heavens Tear
_JlN_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
I plan to make a ranged character for nw and tw, am deciding between archer, psychic and seeker.

They are all level 60+ and pve wise I enjoy them all but have no experience endgame pvp.
From what I've gathered:
Archer: Massive range and crits - shoot and kite style play
Psychic: Control class with long stuns - possibly most survivability
Seeker: High defense levels - shortest range of the three

Here is my dilema which I would appreciate your input.
I only plan to take one character to 100+ and thus don't have the luxury to try all three endgame to determine which I like best. In all likeness, I will be able to get full rank 9+10 and perhaps recast it. At the moment, I don't see myself sharding with pack shards and will be using morai ones.

I guess the questions is... In your opinion,
Which of the three classes above is impacted least by the type of endgame shards?
Which of the three barebones at r9+10 would be most competitive against similarly geared but higher refined and sharded characters?

I look forward to hearing your opinions.
Thank you in advance.
Post edited by _JlN_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• bhavy
    bhavy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seeker is the most op class in the game.
    Requires the least skill, most op self buff in the game, one of the highest damage at end game, highest refining armour.
    Shard with citrines and just zerk crit everyone with 60+ def levels
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This video is from my youtube channel, of the last NW (not all of it), it will show you my survivability, that is with this build, psychics have the highest attack and highest defense level possible in the game, best survivability is said right there I think, they may not have the highest HP but we have many things to keep us alive, heal, voodoo, phys immunity, you name it, we have it b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    seeker can one shot any class with equal gear endgame and they are tanky
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
    edited January 2013
    seeker can one shot any class with equal gear endgame and they are tanky

Um what? no they don't lol, on my server the best geared Psychic (RRR9 +12 all josd) and the best geared seeker (exact same gearing) the seeker in now way 1 shots him, lol, plus I kill most R9 seekers I duel b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Um what? no they don't lol, on my server the best geared Psychic (RRR9 +12 all josd) and the best geared seeker (exact same gearing) the seeker in now way 1 shots him, lol, plus I kill most R9 seekers I duel b:victory

Maybe you're just blinded by your psychic pride.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
    edited January 2013
    Maybe you're just blinded by your psychic pride.

b:bye

I'm not blinded at all. I personally kill most seekers that come my way. A lot of seekers kill me yes, but I also kill a lot of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I don't know any other class that can hit 80k on a full r9r2 barb in invoke fully buffed.

Seekers are brokenly-overpowered. In both the defense department and offense department.
    edited January 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    I don't know any other class that can hit 80k on a full r9r2 barb in invoke fully buffed.

Seekers are brokenly-overpowered. In both the defense department and offense department.

All I can say is, they're not THAT good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Savor - Lost City
    Savor - Lost City Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I've seen a first cast seeker 1 shot a full 3rd cast full JOSD upgraded g16 pdef neck and rank 9 psychic ring several times. Seekers are OP. Yes the psy was in white voodoo too.

With the right combo they can pretty much 1 shot anything.
    My main was Susamajii The Lost City Barbarian.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hate seekers. They don't die and they hurt.
    edited January 2013
    In my personal experience they aren't THAT OP, but they may of been in other peoples' b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    keepign in mind the psy was really debuffed in TW, i hit 103k with +10 astral ballad g16 on a +12 full josd psy with gemini. not sayign psy are nto OP, but tyvm, they are not superior to seeker, but their equals in their own way
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
    edited January 2013
    keepign in mind the psy was really debuffed in TW, i hit 103k with +10 astral ballad g16 on a +12 full josd psy with gemini. not sayign psy are nto OP, but tyvm, they are not superior to seeker, but their equals in their own way

I have to doubt that =/ I got hit by a full RRR9 seeker +12 josd drakeflames in his weapon for about 25k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have to doubt that =/ I got hit by a full RRR9 seeker +12 josd drakeflames in his weapon for about 25k.

Was that a zerk crit off Sacrificial Slash -> Quid Pro Quo? That combo kills everything and takes no chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited January 2013
    Was that a zerk crit off Sacrificial Slash -> Quid Pro Quo? That combo kills everything and takes no chi.

He only dropped down and aoe'd, lol, I'm not terribly knowledgable on seekers since I've never played one :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I saw the screen shot its true, was because of base tower debuf + what ever combo ebri pulled off but it was a 100k hit on a r9 3rd cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Screen shot is in the Dreamweaver subforum - under the TW report for 26/01/2013
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    seekers are extremely strong, i get wtfzerkcrit from 30m range from r9 for like 17k damage b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • howryou
    howryou Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The more recent/new a class is the more OP they are compare to older classes. It's how pw encourage both old and new player incentive to re-roll to the new class and spend more money on gears. Nuf said! b:chuckle
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    He only dropped down and aoe'd, lol, I'm not terribly knowledgable on seekers since I've never played one :P

If you have never played a seeker, why are you saying a Psy is more OP than it? Yes a Psy is OP, but a Seeker can destroy a Psy anyday. A Psy is only as good as its buffs, and since an archer can use will surge and avoid a silence, a Stunning arrow QS would DESTROY a Psy. So I highly doubt you would live through a R9 zerk crit with gemini, esp with your gear. ijs. I'm a R9 archer with double your hp and almost triple your def and a zerk crit from a R9 Seeker can 1 hit me.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seekers by far. Self buff, have range, have metal skills, the list goes on...
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nothing to add, but seekers are broken.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Cellerus - Archosaur
    Cellerus - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    fighting with an UNDERGEARED toon: its Venos ftw

- amp+purge kills cata barbs
    - sins suicide on bramble (not in regular pk QQ)
    - can be played magic/melee
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://pwcalc.com/5113b5eff45fa9ff

Unless a psy is +10/+12 with vits (lol) or jades and not in black voodoo, a crit from my build is a oneshot. Unless you've got the money to dump into jades, a psy is not going to offer you the survivability you're looking for.

A seeker with equivalent gear, on the other hand, is OP as all hell, doesn't come close to being a oneshot, and easily oneshots me.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In response to the OP: people complaining about seekers aside, for your purposes, you won't be quite that strong without all of the jades the really dangerous seekers have. The sacrificial slash > quid pro quo combo needs a lot of defense levels on your part to hurt; without jades it'll be good, but not great.

An archer gets their purge off, and can kill or lead to the death of most other classes. A seeker get that lucky zerk crit on their hard hitting skill. A psy can black voodoo and hit like a truck with long stuns and long seals.

A seeker has to be more tanky, because they have to be up closer to you than an archer, and they can't port away; they can only port INTO the fray. I've seen a lot of tw clips of subpar geared archers doing ok, by watching their surroundings carefully and not getting too deep into the thick of battle. A seeker doesn't have that luxury, yes they tank more dmg, but they will be in the line of fire lot more often as well.

I vote for archer as most competitive for tw. In nation wars where there are often enemies on all sides, you might consider a seeker.

Personally, an archer worries me a lot more than a seeker, because seekers physical dmg can suck it---I have plume shell in. Their metal damage, don't make me laugh, lol, I am an arcane after all.

Yes a seeker can hit me hard if my plume shell is not up and I'm stunned and I don't have genie ready and... but wait, seekers have very few control skills. A seeker unassisted isn't gonna have an easy time of killing me at all. They are very dangerous if you get purged, but they aren't gonna be the ones purging you... an archer will be!

And then there is the whole psychic 'hit me you get sealed lol' thing going on. If you refine your armor to +10 and weapon to +12, you get that great soulforce, even without any good shards. That means ppl hitting you will get sealed, which means that, you'll be very difficult to take down.

Each is good in their own way, I say play the class whose playstyle you'd like most. Archers are the hit and run, jump around with teleports class. Seekers are the stand at 20-15 meters away and tank dmg and deal it back at same time. Psychics are alternately glass cannon (black voodoo) or tankiest arcane alive (white voodoo).

Cheers,

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    o.o Seekers are nice and fun to play but far away from being OP. They can't purge and when they get purged, they're dead. Sure Sacrificial Slash + Quid Pro Quo is a neat combo, but if you just evade that you have nothing to fear anymore. End-Game Wise seekers can't really kill anything cept they get really lucky with zerk crits. Chanceless against Barbs and Wizards.

Surely they are nasty in Mass PvP and I still don't get it why you are always so fixed on Mass PvP. 1on1 a Seeker with self buffs only and he's easlily knocked out by Barbs and Wizards, even BMs shouldn't have any trouble killing them in this situation. You can break it down to the fact that a non buffed Seeker goes down to any class that can Debuff in 1on1, it's really that simple. OFC you can avoid the Wizards DMG via Soul of Fire, too. It always depends on how well you know your opponent. The only class that really got no trouble against other classes is the barb. 60k HP Barb is unkillable by a single Person if you know how to play it.

So I would suggest a Barb for non ranged, and A wizard for Ranged Action especially if you wanna do some 1on1s, if you dont then those are fine as well but then Psys and Archers can be used to their maximum Potencial.

Seekers and OP, laughable! Sure if you don't watch out, then they blast you away. Gotten fully debuffed and hittet by a Sparked full +12 Wizard lately? Got once hit for over 100k DMG with a crit and that can still be more. With over 100 Def level ofc xD The older classes are the ones that are really OP, ofc no class is OP, The class which would be OP is the class whose player is OP. period.

Honestly, I been doing 1on1 for such a long time now with any of the 10 classes and I gotta tell you that this is way more fun then this stupid mass ganking **** called TW and NW. In 1on1s you actually need to know your class, else you get killed faster then you'd like it. On the other Hand in TW, NW...you just spamm random AOEs from time to time or just tab 1-shot random lower nubs. But most players hide behind their full set of buffs because they know that if they are not buffed, they are very easy to kill. Lame douchebags, ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Really any class you play well, like playing, and compliments the team you work with.

The Seeker love has been endlessly debated in multiple sections of the forum. They have some OP combos, but so do other classes. I watch the OP ones fall, I watch the OP ones do great. Same goes for Wizzies, Psys, etc - anything played well will do well. Pick a style you wanna play in TW/NW and go for that.

Heres the screen shot theyre talking about:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/sharingen/2013-01-2620-19-14.jpg

Course, it would be nice to know what all debuffs the guy had, and what his build was to really say that's a regular occurrence.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • _JlN_ - Heavens Tear
    _JlN_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for all the replies - especially the later ones on page 3 - and the youtube link, pyschic looks like it has some good survivability seeing as the gear you linked is currently rank8 with around +5 refines.

Although not much has been said about it here, I am leaning towards an archer (probably suits my playstyle best and with a purge bow may give me a better chance to defeat someone with better gears). I also like how they have more movement skills (leap left and right) from morai.

Seeker - after reading is not the class I am looking to play. Although they have the one hit wonder power that I am after, as I have a sin and bm, I am looking for a class that is ranged and doesn't jump into the frey of battle. They aren't very mobile and don't have the greatest stun/anti stun capabilities.

Pyschic - was under the impression that one could run around in white voodoo and still do formidable damage. With all the attack levels from gear and blessing with possibly full DoTs. Just not enough to kill someone in endgame gear. Doesn't sound like a very forgiving class to play as it seems like you have to know your oppenents very well especially in 1v1. However, I did stumble across several posters saying that even trying to kill a psych who is afk is a feat.

I am coming from an assassin pve perspective where I only had to use a handfull of skills and could mostly spark and auto attack so am looking for a ranged character that is the most forgiving and easy going if there is such. Originally, wasn't asking which class is over powered but after reading some of the comments... I realized that's exactly what I asked >.<
    edited January 2013
    If you have never played a seeker, why are you saying a Psy is more OP than it? Yes a Psy is OP, but a Seeker can destroy a Psy anyday. A Psy is only as good as its buffs, and since an archer can use will surge and avoid a silence, a Stunning arrow QS would DESTROY a Psy. So I highly doubt you would live through a R9 zerk crit with gemini, esp with your gear. ijs. I'm a R9 archer with double your hp and almost triple your def and a zerk crit from a R9 Seeker can 1 hit me.

I never said the seeker was well refined. All I'm saying is no class is better than another if geared/played well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Most OP class in PWI = BM b:cool.

People laugh at my bm, but i troll phy marrowed bm/ha classes with dbb b:cute. Casters think i am squishy and I kill them with bt, hf. Time to wake up from my dream b:sad.

BM aside, there are two ways i look at damage. The big shiny number+all the other damage.

Seeker = 1 big shiny number+ ok~good numbers most of the time

BM = No big shiny number+awesome numbers rest of the time.

My playstyle is suited to the bm. If i can live through things, it is the high average damage that will kill people around me and not single target attacks hoping for a crit or a zerk crit to kill.

Even at present, with r8 axes at +7, stun+hf+aoe kills people in the AA, La class that are not OP, not using def charms. BT helps on the other count, once axes improves, the damage improves as well. Most people forget that hf does considerable damage by itself as well.

At the end of the day, it is how well you can use your class.

Sometimes i have time, i put my back to my opponent, and use a back leap, caster may be using a one shot skill on me, but i take 1 damage. Use blade hurl to disarm them, run in, stun, and hope their weapon does not purify, or they die soon.

Plus how often do you run against really OP people? If it is often, r9 +10 may not cut it. If it is not often at all, only in NW, r9 +10~+12 should serve well.